Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,671 members, 7,820,353 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:28 PM

Minister Reiterates Ban On Post UTME. - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Minister Reiterates Ban On Post UTME. (19024 Views)

Kenyan Schoolgirl Improvised Following The Ban On Plastic Bags In Kenya (Photos) / FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) / FG Clarifies Ban On Post-utme, Admission Procedure See Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Minister Reiterates Ban On Post UTME. by Spainze007(m): 6:56am On Jun 29, 2016
herzern:
Am beginning to think truly God is using APC to punish Nigerians........how will a sane Government cancel post utme.....despite the setbacks and hitches in UTME this year

it's only a dullard that will support the scrapping of post utme

Ello... I think u nid to sit down ND reload ur self... Or meet d #common_sense distributor... B4 u open ur mouth nxt time to talk

5 Likes

Re: Minister Reiterates Ban On Post UTME. by kayc0(f): 6:56am On Jun 29, 2016

2 Likes

Re: Minister Reiterates Ban On Post UTME. by mr2kay(m): 6:58am On Jun 29, 2016
herzern:
Am beginning to think truly God is using APC to punish Nigerians........how will a sane Government cancel post utme.....despite the setbacks and hitches in UTME this year

wait till next year oga

2 Likes

Re: Minister Reiterates Ban On Post UTME. by shegzan(m): 6:58am On Jun 29, 2016
na for aspirants to dey sope ni oo... just pass your jamb well, have good grades in ur O'level.. lobatan
Re: Minister Reiterates Ban On Post UTME. by Yello1(m): 6:59am On Jun 29, 2016
External examination is too much in nigeria and it breeds exam malpractices, pry write common enterance, beginning of malpractice, secondary write junior waec and in senior school, dey write waec and neco,d internet is flooded wit answers even b4 d commencement of examination and dere teacher still give help to complement wat dey copy from d net and jamb is not even left out. Thanks for tertiary education dt is yet to write external examinatn,if not d educatn system would hav collapsed completely. My take: apart from waec and neco other exams in d country should be left in d hand of d institution authorities and admission for higher institutions should be base on screening and maybe essay den oral interview. This wil cub exam malpractices among our primary and secondary schools. D credibility of our examination system would den be restored drastically.

1 Like

Re: Minister Reiterates Ban On Post UTME. by herzern(m): 7:01am On Jun 29, 2016
Spainze007:

Ello... I think u nid to sit down ND reload ur self... Or meet d #common_sense distributor... B4 u open ur mouth nxt time to talk

hey.....I know how it feels.....buh truth be told UTME exam should not be the basis of gaining admission....... Ask those who wrote their exams on the 9th of March

1 Like

Re: Minister Reiterates Ban On Post UTME. by Raypawer(m): 7:01am On Jun 29, 2016
Hm! 4 this coun3? keep praying

olokstob:
Are we going to get a refund cos som skuls already sold forms.
Re: Minister Reiterates Ban On Post UTME. by macanu(m): 7:01am On Jun 29, 2016
Zoo
Re: Minister Reiterates Ban On Post UTME. by einsteino(m): 7:02am On Jun 29, 2016
What he doesnt know is that Universities would od still find another way to milk parents. They may just increase acceptance fee or raise one funny new levy. Wohld he stop that too?
Re: Minister Reiterates Ban On Post UTME. by Nobody: 7:03am On Jun 29, 2016
make i just sit and see where this goes.
Re: Minister Reiterates Ban On Post UTME. by micskales(m): 7:03am On Jun 29, 2016
herzern:

. Do u read the post very well?
Anyway I can't judge them now, let them done with their new method, but as it's stand now #isupportadamu

3 Likes

Re: Minister Reiterates Ban On Post UTME. by michealade(m): 7:07am On Jun 29, 2016
The only good thing APC has done since they came in......Those pdp did spoil this country
Re: Minister Reiterates Ban On Post UTME. by micskales(m): 7:08am On Jun 29, 2016
[s]
Yello1:
External examination is too much in nigeria and it breed exam malpractices, pry write common enterance, beginning of malpractice, secondary write junior waec and in senior dey write waec and neco,d internet is flooded wit answers even b4 d commencement of examination and dere teacher still give help to complement wat dey copy from d net and jamb is not even left out. Thanks for tertiary education dt is yet to write external examinatn,if not d educatn system would hav collapsed completely. My take: apart from waec and neco other exams in d country should left in d end of d institution authories and admission for higher institutions should be base on screening and maybe essay den oral interview. This wil cub exam malpractices among our primary and secondary schools. D credibility of our examination system would den be restored drastically.
[/s] do you think post utme will cub examination malpractice? No, University of Ibadan expelled 70+ student didn't they wrote post utme?

1 Like

Re: Minister Reiterates Ban On Post UTME. by Samsteph3k(m): 7:08am On Jun 29, 2016
herzern:

From the inception of post utme in 2005, there is nothing special about the exam apart from extortion. I think this minister tried to analyse this program before his final decision because all the points he gave here are all correct.

6 Likes

Re: Minister Reiterates Ban On Post UTME. by IamKollinx(m): 7:09am On Jun 29, 2016
herzern:

Read well the article above before u say poo! undecided

3 Likes

Re: Minister Reiterates Ban On Post UTME. by settime(m): 7:10am On Jun 29, 2016
NAWA OOOOO, SOME PEOPLE NATURALLY DONT LOVE GOOD THINGS
Re: Minister Reiterates Ban On Post UTME. by dukeprince50: 7:12am On Jun 29, 2016
Any after secondary? Wat abt dose extra moral classes dat ppl attend to prepare 4 waec? Meh dem stp utme too? Lol
Re: Minister Reiterates Ban On Post UTME. by eddylinks: 7:12am On Jun 29, 2016
samwizzye:
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, oga o, so wot will d screening b based on?
to ensure u'ar with the original credentials $ to ensure u'ar on the list
Re: Minister Reiterates Ban On Post UTME. by Kingsleyjoel44(m): 7:13am On Jun 29, 2016
This minister of edu no know say screening with post utme no be examination the two be. I pray the lord help those who are seeking for admission this year.
Re: Minister Reiterates Ban On Post UTME. by hexy40: 7:14am On Jun 29, 2016
We think that it's all about extortion. I once asked a former lecturer why they insist on post ume. He gave his reasons,
1) to get more qualified students, a certain set of people have very low cut off mark, as low as 10 and while other have a cut off mark of about 200. This means that those with 12 from a particular territory will get admission before those with 199.
2) something about resisting quoter system which I don't fully understand.
3) certain people use connection and bribe to get high score in jamb. It is greatly reduced in post ume as they sometimes print the questions on the day of the exam.
Finally, the money, we all know about this point

1 Like

Re: Minister Reiterates Ban On Post UTME. by dukeprince50: 7:14am On Jun 29, 2016
they shld scrab it joh, som schoolz are wicked, hw can someone score 220 in utme and nt get admission cos he is no indegene, bt someone else score 148 and got admission
Re: Minister Reiterates Ban On Post UTME. by jerrymej(m): 7:14am On Jun 29, 2016
A Big "Blow" for VC's / RECTORs..
Re: Minister Reiterates Ban On Post UTME. by Certifiedboss: 7:21am On Jun 29, 2016
herzern:

The sole aim of the UTME is for the VC to enrich themselves not because they want to evaluate students. That's why they are not ready to stop it

2 Likes

Re: Minister Reiterates Ban On Post UTME. by LAUWALI222(m): 7:25am On Jun 29, 2016
All right
Re: Minister Reiterates Ban On Post UTME. by colossus2: 7:27am On Jun 29, 2016
justi4jesu:
They won't listen. angry
My love are you writing grin
Re: Minister Reiterates Ban On Post UTME. by justi4jesu(f): 7:30am On Jun 29, 2016
colossus2:

My love are you writing grin

Writing what? tongue
Re: Minister Reiterates Ban On Post UTME. by osytex: 7:31am On Jun 29, 2016
I smell increase in school fees.....
Re: Minister Reiterates Ban On Post UTME. by Julietogbo(f): 7:32am On Jun 29, 2016
orobs93:
Some stubborn goats has sold forms already

Eg delsu always wanting to inflate pain on the common masses
nt only them Aau too
Re: Minister Reiterates Ban On Post UTME. by kingsolo4u: 7:32am On Jun 29, 2016
osborn442:
I hope he knows what he is doing?
yes he does.
Re: Minister Reiterates Ban On Post UTME. by goshen26: 7:37am On Jun 29, 2016
Are u referring to Emefiele, the CBN governor?

Daniel058:
I like this ABOK! grin

IF na Nyamiri dodondoya, na to increase the source of extorting the innocent gullible admission see

Thank God say ONYE OFE isn't close coz he could have suggested another method of money extortion (WAYO PEEP) .

WHENEVER ABOK! DON TALK, HE ALWAYS TRY AS MUCH AS HE CAN TO KEEP HIS WORD! , BUT NYAMIRI?. .. . NWANNE EGO CAN GBANWEE ECHI-CHE ANYI HOOHAA. .

I LIKE AM pho HAUSA PEEP, i like am Pho YORUBA PEEP, I LIKE PHO IGBO PEEP, KAi! I like am pho EBRI NAIJERIAN! grin grin
Re: Minister Reiterates Ban On Post UTME. by agitator: 7:47am On Jun 29, 2016
herzern:

MODIFIED

TO those fools quoting me......this is a bad development..... I repeat....a bad development......... Now tell me how admission will be distributed....UI,Unilorin,OAU has a lot of aspirants far more than the space..........the truth is most of yhu quys quoting me are ignorant......so JAMB will be the one to offer admission....... Dibu will surely distribute it to the people whom he prefers......not by intellectual capacity anymore...........so yhu quyz think post utme has been scrapped so admission is guaranteed.... I laugh ur stupidity....... Most of yhu will end up in colleges

PS.....am noht a jambite

In saner climes it is a single exam. Even in African countries. You either sit for the unified exam or register and write the exams by the institutions.

JAMB was established to balance the admission applications and reduce cost for students. Otherwise you have to write exams for all the schools you are interested in attending.

A good example is the US, where students apply to the schools directly, but in the case of Nigeria people applied to the popular schools and others don't have enough students. Jamb's mandate was to spread the students to the schools according to the schools cut-off marks.

Example a student applies to 3 schools, after the exam Jamb sends the score of the student to all three schools he applied to, and the popular schools used high cut-off to pick while the other schools can accept those who didn't meet the cut-off of the popular schools but met their cut-off requirements.

So why duplicate the process. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Minister Reiterates Ban On Post UTME. by Vikky014(f): 7:48am On Jun 29, 2016
hmmmmm. this is a very bad news

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

ASUU And ASUP Strike: How Have You Been Spending Your Time? / List Of Lecturers Sacked In UNIBEN For Their SEXCAPEDE / Truck Rams Into Classroom, Kills 7 Children In Aba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.