Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,950 members, 7,817,789 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:45 PM

Kumalo................supreme Confraternities - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Kumalo................supreme Confraternities (39628 Views)

Top 7 Confraternities In Nigeria And Their History + Beliefs [MUST SEE] / Top 7 Confraternities In Nigeria And Their History + Beliefs [MUST SEE] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kumalo................supreme Confraternities by KdotThaTruth88: 8:16am On Jul 11, 2016
kikayboss:
abeg DOMAWOLEYE no give us tip of the iceberg iceberg again oooo.....
this snippet of the story set don dey give me heart attack......

*prostrating* BABA i hail ooooo....you deserve Grammy award for literature cheesy
or make government give you minister of literature affair.......

LITLANDERS NA OUR HEAD SURE PASS JAREEE...

donkross1
talius
oyinprince
repogirl
divepen1
ozila
sampete
eliboy92
sageez
johnspurgeon014
olarhtunji
holuwaferanmi
francistony
chocckidd
ohibenemma
greatbrian
angelsss

i can't mention y'all now.....but i hail ooooo....two hands in the air for you....

ritababe
KdotThaTruth88
Evakings
neo2smart
YINKS89
Hefelove
Rukkydelta
DandyPearl
Heemah
missmossy
EllaGold35
mizzbouqui01
mhiz
gbens2000
slimsue
stlomo1s

errm...i just say make i call una make una com book space ooo....nw September the train go takeoff tongue smiley cheesy

Oga mi im highly honored, I don land. . . . .

Make e dey hot dey go. . . .drinks on me oga.
Re: Kumalo................supreme Confraternities by slimsue(f): 7:22pm On Jul 11, 2016
kikayboss:
abeg DOMAWOLEYE no give us tip of the iceberg iceberg again oooo.....
this snippet of the story set don dey give me heart attack......

*prostrating* BABA i hail ooooo....you deserve Grammy award for literature cheesy
or make government give you minister of literature affair.......

LITLANDERS NA OUR HEAD SURE PASS JAREEE...

donkross1
talius
oyinprince
repogirl
divepen1
ozila
sampete
eliboy92
sageez
johnspurgeon014
olarhtunji
holuwaferanmi
francistony
chocckidd
ohibenemma
greatbrian
angelsss

i can't mention y'all now.....but i hail ooooo....two hands in the air for you....

ritababe
KdotThaTruth88
Evakings
neo2smart
YINKS89
Hefelove
Rukkydelta
DandyPearl
Heemah
missmossy
EllaGold35
mizzbouqui01
mhiz
gbens2000
slimsue
stlomo1s

errm...i just say make i call una make una com book space ooo....nw September the train go takeoff tongue smiley cheesy
Thanks for the mention sir. I am following bumper to bumper.
Re: Kumalo................supreme Confraternities by DandyPearl(f): 6:21pm On Jul 16, 2016
Thanks for the mention

Shall We ride on?
Re: Kumalo................supreme Confraternities by Eleniyan15: 11:03am On Aug 04, 2016
booked
Re: Kumalo................supreme Confraternities by nasbll(f): 6:24am On Aug 09, 2016
Space booked.......OP u r too much joor.ur story thorned in my boot is so interestin nd inspirin.more ink 2 ur pen cool
Re: Kumalo................supreme Confraternities by Osman1996(m): 11:46am On Aug 09, 2016
on the floor following sep watch out
Re: Kumalo................supreme Confraternities by Matrycx(m): 10:56am On Aug 23, 2016
dis is gona be a thriller, vvip section booked, Weldone OP
Re: Kumalo................supreme Confraternities by Donpoker9(m): 1:45pm On Aug 23, 2016
op september is almost here oooh
Re: Kumalo................supreme Confraternities by Nobody: 12:43am On Aug 27, 2016
Abeg mention me when update start. Thanks..
Re: Kumalo................supreme Confraternities by WHIZKIDEFE(m): 6:58am On Aug 27, 2016
DOMAWOLEYE, please mention me when the action film starts.
Re: Kumalo................supreme Confraternities by horlawharley(m): 9:35am On Sep 01, 2016
Sir DOMAWOLEYE....september don reach....you should be on leave now nah....five update per day(the lord is your strenght)

1 Like

Re: Kumalo................supreme Confraternities by donobecs(m): 9:16pm On Sep 01, 2016
I dey follow like fellowship grin
Re: Kumalo................supreme Confraternities by Hollarbeece(f): 11:30am On Sep 02, 2016
Pls mention me too as soon as story updates starts.thanks.
Re: Kumalo................supreme Confraternities by Slendercutie(f): 1:16pm On Sep 02, 2016
Space booked. Following bumper to bumper.

1 Like

Re: Kumalo................supreme Confraternities by Ultimategeneral: 5:10pm On Sep 02, 2016
so dis guy intends to flash us light and go to sleep. Hey man if u are serious with the story i thihk u should show ur green light. Incase u have forgoten dis is 1708 hr in the 2nd day of sept
Re: Kumalo................supreme Confraternities by exclusive7(m): 4:32pm On Sep 03, 2016
DOMAWOLEYE:
Dear Fans

i am working on a project.

Kumalo, real name Akporjoto Lawrence Okiemute, his nick name Kmalo out of his love for "Kuma" marijuana. He started smoking "Igbo"at the age of twelve at Otiotio street Efurun in Warri. He was just like every other waffiarian. " Warri no dey carry last".
He left the rugged waffi life style and came to the east to school on a low profile, facing his studies and hoping for a better future. He encouraged his mother to allow Jumbo, his younger and only sibling come to Enugu to school so he could look after Jumbo.

Hell was let loose when the members of the "Hawks" Confraternity killed Jumo and almost killed Kumalo too.

Campus Runs story like you have never seen or heard before! coming to Naira land come first week of September 2016 by your person.

Dominic Awoleye.

Be expectant!
Oga Boss...it's September now...please come and quench the thirsty
Re: Kumalo................supreme Confraternities by Donpoker9(m): 8:42pm On Sep 03, 2016
op do something na
Re: Kumalo................supreme Confraternities by iamprotocol(m): 4:11pm On Sep 23, 2016
Still on d wait

1 Like

Re: Kumalo................supreme Confraternities by Hollarbeece(f): 12:23pm On Sep 30, 2016
Pls mention me as soon as u start d story. I knw u are sumhow busy but pls give us updates very soon
Re: Kumalo................supreme Confraternities by WHIZKIDEFE(m): 7:12pm On Sep 30, 2016
DOMAWOLEYE:

I feel u bros! God bless ur hustle.
bros, wetin sup na.. 2moro na October o. Chai
Re: Kumalo................supreme Confraternities by DOMAWOLEYE(m): 8:31pm On Oct 08, 2016
The only thing that kept him alive was his hope for an opportunity to avenge the death of Jumbo his only sibling. He had persuaded his mother to allow Jumbo to come to Enugu to school so he could protect and fend for him. He could not keep his promise, Jumbo has been killed and he narrowly escaped instant death himself. He could recognize the voice of Egbe whom he had fought with in the Cafeteria, Egbe had called on a certain Stanley to confirm that they were actually dead. He knew they were about four that came for the hit but he heard the name Stanley being called and he recognized Egbe’s voice. He recollected Stanley saying ‘an eye for two eyes’! Rest in pieces the two of you! Next time you reincarnate, you will revere the Hawks of the sky! Stinking Jew men! Stanley had kicked him severally at the sides of his head before kicking dead jumbo to the floor.
How would he and his younger brother just die like that? He pondered in his agony. And what was his offence? Nothing! As long as he was concerned, it was a case of ‘two fighting’ an every day occurrence in Warri. Does it tantamount to a death sentence? If these Cultists were actually strong boys as they claim to be, why did they not challenge him to a duel? Why should they be killed? Did they kill anybody? His thoughts were running wild. He refused to close his eyes even though he was feeling very drowsy. He knew it was an easy way to die off and he was not ready to meet his maker now. He refused to die. He thought of his mother loosing two children at once. The father was murdered during the last Warri crisis. His corpse was among those conveyed with wheel barrows to the mass burial site at jakpa. He was recognised by his shoe. His father has only one shoe that he got from the white man he served as a cook in Chevron estate. The shoe is multi coloured and his mates used to refer to his father’s shoe as ‘rainbow shoe’ he wore the shoe every day for the last six years he spent before his painful death. The father was buried with the shoe among other corpses but the shoe resurrected after some days and became the property of ‘old soja’ a popular drunken retired soldier in Warri who had no family. No one dared accused old soja of robbing the dead because they were all afraid of the outcome. Old soja knows everything about everybody and was not afraid to say anything anywhere. But old soja does not talk anyhow, even when he is filled with alcohol he only vituperates about his escapades in the army.
Kumalo had taken to hawking and street hustling to support his mother who sells smoked fish at the front of their house at Otiotio Street. He graduated into small scale kidnapping of white men working with the oil companies and making good money from ransoms paid. When there were no more white men to kidnap, they resorted to collecting development fees from the companies resident in Warri and from any prospective builder. This continued until the state legislature prohibiting the collection of development fee was established. A special task force was set up to arrest youths that cause disturbance as a result of any company’s refusal to pay the ‘deve’ fee.
He then joined the oil pipe line vandals; this was the most profitable adventure he had ventured into but with a high inherent risk. He escaped three major pipe line explosions that claimed thousands of lives all together in the Niger-delta region of Nigeria. It was the last pipe line explosion at Ekpan that made Kumalo decides to leave Warri and go back to school, having been initially rusticated from the federal polytechnic Auchi for cult activities and kidnapping. They had kidnapped the son of a politician and were still waiting for the call for the collection of their ransom when their hide out was busted by the police SARS squad. They would have all gone for life jail if not that four sons of Edo and Delta state top politicians were members of his cult group, even the son of the Delta state commissioner of police was his closest friend and a fellow kidnapper too. They all spent six months awaiting trial at Asaba prison before they were all released.
He saw a ray of light and he jolted back to reality, he was angry with himself for actually falling asleep. The light was approaching slowly, it was not a car or a bike as the ray of light was darting about but slowly getting closer to where he crouched by the road. He pulled himself together; he got up and flung himself on the main road screaming with all his might. As he was falling, he felt all the remaining energy in him completely drained and he felt like a feather in the air. He saw the flash light advancing hurriedly towards him. He fell hitting his head on the coal tarred road. He passed out.

CHAPTER 2

STATE CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION DEPARTMENT HQ
ENUGU: Assistant superintendent of police Sunday Onche was addressing a group of six under cover police men that works in the three major campuses of the higher institutions in the capital city.
There has been a red alert! It came in about 1.00AM this morning. A student of IMT was killed in his room, it was a BID case at the hospital, and an AK 47 riffle ripped his brains out of his skull! The student has an elder brother who is missing, but from homicide findings, the missing brother has wound also. The blood samples taken from the room belong to two people. It is either the brother is in a hospital somewhere or he is dead somewhere.
Detectives Peter Uche and Sandra Nwokocha! This is your bit! Collect all necessary information from the duty sergeant, Mr. Linus and commence action Asap!
Mission: Find the missing brother popularly called Kumalo and find the killers of the younger brother! You may leave us now! ASP commanded.
Yes sir! Peter saluted and left the control room
Sandra saluted and asked; sir! Are there any clues for us to start with sir?
Yes! He answered, collect all clues from the duty sergeant! You are dismissed!
Yes sir! She saluted and left.
ASP Sunday continued; Detectives Zakky and detective Maria! What is the update at the University of Nigeria Enugu campus? Any development with the car robbery gang?
Yes sir! Zakky stood up; we have closed in on a gang of three boys and two girls. The girls lure their sugar daddies into the campus and the boys strike. We are also narrowing on the buyer of the Cars from the boys!
Hopefully we shall close the case in a week sir! Mary added.
Good! Good! ASP Sunday clapped his hands. I love this! The commissioner will be very impressed with what you guys have done. Remember the AIG’s car was also snatched by those scoundrels.
Oga! Mary called; they have a ware house where stolen cars are kept at Uwani. They keep the cars there until all tension and agitations by the police have cooled off. The ware house is like a mechanic work shop in a market place where people go about their buying and selling businesses normally meanwhile the boys of the main buyer are busy working on disguising the stolen cars in the ware house.
Wow! Can you beat that? ASP Sunday said. Any clue as to who this or these buyers may be? He asked
Yes sir! Zakky answered. The cars are driven out of Enugu at night to Kano sir!
Kano! ASP exclaimed
Yes sir! Mary said; our guys at Kano are keeping tabs on the Alhaji sir!
Alhaji? Wow! This case is turning into an octopus o! ASP fumed. The Alhaji will also have a network of people to sell the cars to nah! ASP exclaimed.
Exactly sir! Zakky said. And that is why we need to be careful so as not to alert them and scuttle the whole ops!
Good! Good! Well done boys! I am very impressed! You are dismissed for today!
Detectives Zakky Abdulahi and Maria Oyebiyi saluted and left the office.
ASP turned to the last two detectives left in the control room.
Now! Detectives Solomon and Emem! How far with Enugu state university? He asked
The two detectives stare at each other, one expecting the other to speak.
Are you guys okay? I say what is the update at Esut and you are staring at each other! ASP barked.
Talk nah! Solomon told Emem.
You nko? Can’t you talk? Emem fired back
Are you People crazy or what? ASP shouted stamping his foot angrily on the floor. Solomon! Talk now before I change my mind!
Oga! I can’t work with this girl again o! Solomon said
And why is that? ASP asked
Oga! This girl is an Ashawo!
Na your mother be Ashawo! Emem fired back
Sir! She just dey wire all the boys for that campus! She has lost focus! Solomon continued.
What? Emem! You are wiring students! ASP shouted.
Sir! It is not like that o! It is because I refused to wire him o! He has been making advances at me since we teamed up together for this operation but I told him it is not good for the job.
So are you sleeping with any student? ASP asked
Yes sir! I have a student boy friend. He is a staff of MTN. He is not a small boy, he is older that me and we are in a relationship.
Did you explain that to Solomon? ASP asked.
Yes sir! He knows everything, he is just furious because i gave in to the guy after he had made several advances! Emem said.
Look! You guys should not allow personal issues to affect the job! Do you hear me? ASP asked.
Yes sir! The two answered.
Now! Concerning the prostitution racket at Esut, what is the update? He asked them.
Nothing yet sir! Solomon said, we are still looking for clues sir!
And you Emem! Same story? ASP asked.
No sir! She replied.
So what is your story? ASP asked.
There is a cartel of bad girls headed by one Chioma Nwokolo, aka Big Mama. She is a final year mass communication student and she recruits girls for local and international prostitution she works for an international human trafficker based in Lagos and Italy. Chioma is bi-sexual; she connects lesbians to lesbians and makes money from them in the form of commission. She supplies politicians, business men and heads of corporate bodies with assorted girls during social functions and she gets paid. She uses a Hummer jeep on campus and uses money as bait to get poor girls.
This Lady is also the out going leader of the Black brazier confraternity, a female cult group on Campus!
Wow! Wow! Wow! ASP Sunday whistled.
I was able to hack into her phone line where I got all the names of her contacts including text massages of bank alerts and indicting conversations. I was able to do this with the help of my MTN guy! Sir! Some of her clients would interest you!
You mean am! ASP asked.
I swear Oga! She replied. Well i have zeroed in on her totally but i am waiting for Lagos to close in on the big fish there before we close up this case!
ASP clapped his hands severally. Good girl! Good girl! My dear, your promotion is secured! Wow! Wow! You mean you single handled all these? Why did you not carry your partner along?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kumalo................supreme Confraternities by olanshile2016(m): 9:55pm On Oct 08, 2016
nice one boss,continue
Re: Kumalo................supreme Confraternities by ssogundele(m): 1:02am On Oct 09, 2016
Nice story. Loving it. Pls don't keep us waiting o

Re: Kumalo................supreme Confraternities by Osman1996(m): 12:31pm On Oct 09, 2016
still following
Re: Kumalo................supreme Confraternities by horlawharley(m): 2:12pm On Oct 09, 2016
Nice one boss
Re: Kumalo................supreme Confraternities by yorhmienerd(m): 4:45pm On Oct 09, 2016
horlawharley:
Nice one boss
Hey! what are u doing outside? Go and read ya book
Re: Kumalo................supreme Confraternities by Tuhndhay(m): 7:36pm On Oct 09, 2016
Presence Registered...
Re: Kumalo................supreme Confraternities by DOMAWOLEYE(m): 9:24pm On Oct 09, 2016
He does not trust me sir! Emem said. He does not tell me anything and whatever I tell him, he does not show interest!
Solomon! What do you have to say to that? ASP masked.
Nothing sir! Solomon blurted after two minutes of trying to say something reasonable.
Good! Detective Solomon, report yourself to the guard room immediately! You have been wasting the lean resources of the Nigerian Police! Look at yourself! See the girl you were supposed to team up with! Instead of working together you were busy trying to sleep with her, meanwhile she was doing your job and hers together! I will make sure you refund all the allowances paid to you because you do not deserve it!
ASP collected the detectives badge from Solomon as he trudged out of the room.
Solomon will be drafted to Maiduguri I swear! He is an idiot! He will go and join the civilian JTF to fight Boko Haram terrorist there!
He shook hands with Emem; well done detective! I am very proud of you! I will get you another partner from the college, not a he goat like Solomon! My regards to Mr. MTN, you are dismissed!
Thank you sir! Emem saluted and left the control room.

CAMPUS 2
MAN ‘O’ WAR OFFICE

The president of the school’s internal security team, the Man ‘o’ War is a serving Soldier who is on a five years study leave. He is a Sergeant in the Nigerian Army Infantry corps. He had gone for three United Nations and Ecomog sponsored military operations in Liberia, Sierra Lean and Somalia. He had to seek for a study leave in order to elongate his life span because it seemed he was destined for dangerous operations. His plan was to leave the Military upon graduation from school and secure a civil job. The other members of the Man ‘o’ war team are civilian students who joined the organization for varying reasons.

Pascal is the Vice president of the Association. He is a coded member and a Lord of the Black Panthers confraternity. He is very smart and as cunning as the fox.

Kofi is the PRO of the association, he is a Ghanaian and as dark as they come, he is very blunt and strict and could smell out the bad guy in a crowd. He is the most respected and feared by the students because he does not compromise like other members who would easily look the other way when a crime is being perpetrated as long as the palm has been greased.

Emilia is a beautiful shapely girl in her mid twenties who likes to wear her Man ‘o’ war uniform every day. It makes her feel good because her curves are very conspicuous in the tight green khaki. She has slept with half of the male lectures in the school in order to get good grades because she is not always in class for lectures or assignments; she belonged to the non academic student’s category. She is the most visible Man ‘o’ war member on campus and the least respected. She is the welfare officer of the team.

The remaining members of the Man ‘o’ war are coded members of the various confraternities on campus. The only clean member is Kofi. Even the president is careful about issues concerning cultism. He says to himself that he did not die in the military operations he had participated in so he cannot afford to allow some miscreant civilians to put a bullet hole in his head on campus so he tries to act as a mediator when ever there is a cult clash. He prays daily for protection and guidance until the day he graduates from the school.
Sergeant Afolabi Mattew aka ‘Presido’ was briefing his team of twenty seven students inside the Man ‘o’ war conference hall.

Man o war! We! He called
Wa! The chorus
We! He called
Wa! The chorus!

Gentlemen, there is going to be trouble again o! We got information that two cult groups clashed three nights ago leading to the death of four students who live off campus! Two of them are brothers belonging to rival cults. Information has it that the brothers shot themselves. The other two died in action. We need to shine our eyes very well because they will definitely bring the fight into the campus! Exams are approaching and we all want to graduate in peace! Abi who no want to graduate here?

No one answered.

Please call me immediately you notice any suspicious person or group of persons. Remember, don’t act like a hero! I am the only one licensed to carry a gun here so don’t risk your lives. Kofi! Please we need you now as usual. Strange guys will start coming into our campus as mercenaries so please watch out for them.

Preside does not know that twenty five of his team members have different types of locally made pistols in their possession.

CHAPTER 3
CAMPUS 3 NKUTU-UME

The relaxation spot of the school’s second campus located at Independence layout Enugu.
About thirty shops built in a U shape with a large field at the centre for parking. Each shop sells beverages, snacks and stationery and are always filled up with students. Only non alcoholic beverages were allowed by the school authority to be sold there. Alcohol is only sold at the Staff Canteen at Campus 2. The shops have extended canopies used as sit-outs by customers. These sit-outs are also used as meeting points for students of common interest.

Today, five Hench men of the Black Panthers Confraternity meet. Headed by Ugochukwu Wali ‘The Don’ Ugo is rivers state born from the Ikwere tribe. He is popularly called ‘Danladi’ because of his proficiency in speaking the hausa language and having lived there for some years. Danladi was formally a student union president at the Ahmadu Bello University Zaria but was rusticated because of student union activities. He had spear headed a revolt by the student due to poor hostel facilities. The revolt resulted in massive destruction of school properties.

He later got admission into the Bayero University Kano and started all over but was ran off in his third year because he was wanted as the man that set BUK on fire which led to the death of three students and five police men. He had gotten probation at the end of his second year in his new school because records showed that he did not write many of his examinations. Ugochukwu actually wrote his examinations and did all his tests, but he just joined the school politics and had started spreading his radical views among the students. The student’s level of awareness was on the increase and they have started campaigning on having Ugo as the new student union president.

When all efforts by Ugo to get his real result failed, he knew he was being set up and it was time for him to leave the northern schools so on his last night in Kano the Administrative block of the school was engulfed in an inferno that razed it down. Some students and security personnel were trapped and killed in the rubble. All fingers pointed at Ugo and he had to run out of Kano.
Danladi came down to the east to start afresh at the Institute of Management and Technology IMT. He did not want to be involved in school politics so he joined the Black Panthers and maintained a low profile.

During the political transmission of 2006 and 2007 when the apex government was trying to secure a third term in office, he was among the body guards used by politicians for protection and to unleash mayhem on rivals. His ability to speak the three major languages in Nigeria endeared him to the politicians and he made a lot of money recruiting thugs for them. Eventually his Chairman won the elections and he settled all the bad boys without rancour. On his resumption for his HND program he came as a very big boy and was unanimously made the Don of the Panthers. Danladi has been able to keep the Panthers out of trouble since he became the Don and he desired to do so until he graduates. He spends his money to help the broke guys in his fold and lends them money too. He has four buses that shuttle between Campus 2 and 3 conveying students and remitting weekly returns to him. He is in HND 1 Accountancy, he lives off campus and drives a clean Toyota Camry 2.0 1998 model.

He is seated with four other Lords including Pascal the Man ‘o’ war VP.
Pascal was talking;

Amici! he called out on a low tone
Amici! others replied

Guys! There is problem o! The information we have is that there is a cult clash between us and the Hawks which has led to the death of four students including the so called Kumalo and his brother plus two unknown soldiers!

Haba! Danladi exclaimed. But we are not at war with any one nah! Who dey spread this rumour? Now the police and the Man ‘o’ war will be on out trail, which kind nonsense be dis nah?

We need to meet in the wilderness quickly to inform our Soldiers of this development and warn them to stir out of any trouble! They should be mindful of what they do or say hence forth! Kevwe said. Kevwe is the second man of the Panther, he is the Capone.

We all know that the Hawk is responsible for the hit, not after that guy humiliated Egbe! But who is bringing us in? Kevwe asked aloud.
I think it is better we leave our soldiers out of it for now! Danladi suggested. Let keep it with the Lords for now. The less they know, the better for them, we know those of them to carry along. I will go to the Police officers mess and talk to one or two persons. I need to set the records straight to avoid massive arrest of our soldiers and us too. The police need to know where to look and not to go on random sampling which will affect so many innocent people. The Hawks hit those guys and by so doing, they should bear the consequence! I don’t want anything to happen to me or any of my men.

The owner of the shop came and asked what the students wanted to eat or drink.

Give us meat pie and Fayrouz! Danladi said.

Why una no dey sell beer here sef? Kevwe asked.

The owner laughed; na una school policy nah! He said as he went for their order.

Well, me I dey with a small bottle of Goskolus for my pocket o! Kevwe said as he brought out a flat transparent bottle containing locally distilled gin. He placed it on the table and covered it with an exercise book. It will be fun to mix this with the fayrouz he said.

Correct guy! Correct guy! Others commended.

So what do we do now? Asked Maxwell, the number three man who has being quiet all the while but had been busy scanning the environment for any suspicious moves. He is the ‘Slaughter’ of the Panther and the chief ‘hit man’. He is the son of the school’s registrar.

He has nine deaths to his credit and still counting. Maxwell single handily ended an ensuing Cult clash rampage when he was in ND 2 by inviting the heads of the warring factions for a peace talk at a Hotel at Achara Layout. The four heads are yet to return till date and that ended the war then. He is easily the deadliest on Campus. He seldom talks and so he is unpredictable, he does not drink nor smoke and he does not have a girl friend. Even Danladi does not pray to be in Maxwell’s black book.

Who do we need to take out? He asked again.

We are not taking any one out Max! Danladi cautioned. We only need to be vigilant.

But we are being framed here! Max persisted.

Yes! I think so too, Danladi said; but from my source, only Kumalo’s brother was killed, Kumalo is still missing in action. We need to reach Kumalo before any one does! The Police, the Man ‘o’ war and the Hawks will be looking for Kumalo now!

But how will those stupid wingless Hawks just kill a Jew man like that? A common Jew man! For their mind now dem don pull hit be that o! Who told them to install a weakling as Capone? He was talking to himself. Maxwell.

The shop owner brought their Order. Kevwe brought out the mixer. The shop owner saw it and feigns ignorance. It was better than some other unruly group that came to buy three sticks of cigarette and ended up mixing and smoking it with five parcels of Indian hemp publicly.

UNIVERSIT Y OF NIGERIA TEACHING HOSPITAL ENUGU

Detectives Peter and Sandra entered the building; they went to the receptionist desk and flashed their badges before making enquiries. They were directed to the office of the Chief Consultant.

The Chief consultant is a bespectacled old Lady in her sixties. Her face has multiple colours as a result of several years of rubbing make ups, some part of the face looked burnt, other areas are permanently coloured in red, green and black. She does no longer make up again as her face is permanently made giving her the most ferocious and funny look ever because she was always aggressive and angry.
The Detectives flashed their badges as they entered her office and introduced them selves and their mission.

You are different from the people that brought him here! She declared. And what do you want with him? She directed the question at Peter. Peter almost laughed at her face, it was like a hungry Fox chewing Kola nut. The colour of her teeth cannot be gotten in any colour brochure. Peter nodded at Sandra.

You are quite right Madam, Sandra offered; the patrol team that brought him here were on a routine job. They relayed their findings to our headquarters and HQ disseminated to every station. That is standard procedure. Now we are the detectives covering the institute of Management and technology and we have been assigned to take up the case ma! We have been on this for about two weeks now.

Hmm? The Consultant looked at the detectives again through the rim of her glasses. When she stared at Peter, he could not hold it any longer. He busts out laughing. And he excused himself from the office.

Sandra took thirty minutes to plead and pacify the Chief consultant. Eventually she collected and made photocopies of their police ID cards and their detective badges, she made several frantic phone calls before ushering them to the ward where Kumalo was admitted.

He was brought here almost dead two weeks ago by your patrol team at night. The young man was shot in the stomach, he was very lucky that no vital organ was damaged, just perforation of the intestines and the abdominal walls. He has survived! He is very strong willed. She explained to them on their way to the ward.

She opened the door to the ward and asked the nurse in the ward a few questions.

Kumalo was lying on his back. His abdomen was wrapped in bandages and there were bruises on the sides of his face. A pack of drip containing yellowish liquid hung above his head discharging its contents gradually into his body. His right ankle was cuffed to the metal beam of the metallic 6 by 6 inches bed.

I wonder why you people put that thing on his foot! Chief snapped.

It is standard procedure! Sandra said.

This annoyed the Chief and she became furious, she faced Peter to complain but peter pointed at Sandra and backed out to laugh some more.

Do you think he will run away in his condition? She asked Sandra; you could have one of your men stationed at the door of the ward to guard him instead of chaining him down like this! With this on his foot how do you expect him to turn around and change position? Don’t you know this will have an adverse effect on his body? Now Sandra saw why Peter was laughing but she pinched herself hard and she screamed out of pain so as to distract the woman.

What is wrong with you? Chief asked with concern.

It is cramps ma! Sandra said. I had a running stomach this morning, Sandra clutched at her stomach. I will be okay ma! She said. And ma, we do not have enough man power. We did not make the rules ma, we simply follow!

Like Zombies abi? Chief asked.

Yes ma! Like Zombie! Peter answered from behind as he joined them in the room.

You this silly detective! By the time i inject you with Amonia, you will have the laugh of your life! Silly boy! Please i will leave you now and you have just ten minutes to do what ever you want with him but note that this is a hospital and not a police station! If you do any how here, you will see any how!

Yes ma! Peter saluted.

The consultant left, peter pulled a spare seat and sat by the left side of the bed while Sandra went and stood y the right, she checked the cuff on Kumalo’s ankle to see if it was tight or loose.

Hello! I am detective Peter of the state CID and beside you is Sandra my partner. We are on top of your case and we hope you would be able to assist us. We need to catch up with the guys that did this to you and killed your brother.

Where is my brother’s body now? Kumalo asked

He is still at the mortuary, your people have been contacted and they will be coming for the corpse tomorrow. Peter said.

When will he be buried? Kumalo asked

We don’t know for now until your people arrive! Sandra offered

Kumalo started to cry painfully because his stomach wound was yet to heal.

Please don’t over work yourself! Peter advised. Everything will be okay. It is your own protection that is important to us now. Those that killed your brother will want to silence you at all cost since you were supposed to be dead too. Isn’t it? Peter asked.

Sir! Kumalo called through clenched teeth.

Yes? Peter answered.

If I should survive this attack ehn? Ha! Oga blood go flow o! Imagine they just killed Jumbo like say na fowl! Just because of two fighting o! Ha! Oga i be waffi boy o! My eyes don see tire oga!

Please take it easy Okemutie! Sandra said. That is why we are here! Please give us names! But first of all, are you one of them? I mean which cult doo you belong to?

I don’t belong to any cult here! Kumalo answered.

Do you belong to any cult any where? Peter asked.

I be Egbesu boy for home! That na normal runs for home. Jumbo and I are members! Oga! The thing wey this boys do so na big insult to Egbesu! It is better they vamoose from this earth before I well o!

Stop talking like that Okemutie! Do you realize we are police detectives? Sandra cautioned.

Na today? Kumalo asked. Which kind police detective? Where were you guys when we were shot? You never see the Nigerian police when ever you need them! He said

But the police saw you and brought you here nah? Sandra countered.

The police did not see me first else i would be dead by now! Kumalo corrected. It was a hunter that saw me! The man just left here now, he comes here daily to see me. The man told me that the police collected two thousand naira from him to fuel their Van before they brought me here. When i regained consciousness, i realized that all the money in my pocket, my wrist watch and my neck chain were not on me and the hospital said the police did not give them any of my belongings. Only my school ID card was left in my wallet, even the two pieces of gold circle condom that i always carried in my wallet was gone! Taken by your men!

Peter shook his head sadly. I am sorry Okemutie, please can you give me the address of the hunter that rescued you? We will need to meet with him.

I don’t know his number but you can get it from the nurses here, they have his contact detail. Kumalo said.
Okay! Now back to why we are here, kindly give us the full gist of what led to the attack on you and your younger brother!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kumalo................supreme Confraternities by olanshile2016(m): 10:44pm On Oct 09, 2016
don't stop Sir

1 Like

Re: Kumalo................supreme Confraternities by muyex1(m): 11:43pm On Oct 09, 2016
Nigeria Police and their bad attitude always, bro more update
Re: Kumalo................supreme Confraternities by horlawharley(m): 10:18am On Oct 10, 2016
yorhmienerd:
Hey! what are u doing outside? Go and read ya book
Little brother...when you reach here
Re: Kumalo................supreme Confraternities by crislyn(f): 12:13pm On Oct 10, 2016
well done oga Dom...really interesting, It's like a movie.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Badboy Diary / Fiction Story / Siblings............. / Professor Ama Ata Aidoo Dies At 83

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.