Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,149 members, 7,825,589 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:16 PM

Please Assess My Self-constructed CV And Pls Give Me A Feedback On Its Quality - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Please Assess My Self-constructed CV And Pls Give Me A Feedback On Its Quality (24982 Views)

Professional CV and Cover Letter Templates For Job Seekers / What's The Time Limit For Getting A + Feedback From A Company After Interview / Job Application: 5 Clever steps to increase your Chances of a Feedback. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Assess My Self-constructed CV And Pls Give Me A Feedback On Its Quality by Nobody: 7:37am On Jul 15, 2016
DoB not necessary

This guy below has said the rest, which I agree with.

...except for the mention of hobbies.. That's not necessary too.
Re: Please Assess My Self-constructed CV And Pls Give Me A Feedback On Its Quality by Almonda: 7:38am On Jul 15, 2016
Not a bad CV for a level of an ND holder.

1. Your Profile: Does not reflect that you still want to advance your educational career. You may add something like .....while harnessing my potentials and developing my career with the organization....

2. Educational Institutions: For me, i prefer to arrange my institutions from the most recent i.e Year 2015 comes first before 2014, then 2013. and with good spacing as well. The full addresses such as number, street, city of the schools are also missing. I don't want to behold a CV as intended employer and question myself, which area in Benin City did he obtain his qualification.

3. Qualifications: Same as in number 2 above in terms of the latest date to earliest, just swap the OND and WAEC for each other, still retain "Others".

4. Work Experience: The formatting is Okay but adjust the alphabets. you were using both Capital letters and Small letters. Subject Teacher: and not SUBJECT TEACHER. Also use Semi Colons. You don't write words like Waec, Neco its should be written as WAEC, NECO.

5. No Hobbies on your CV? Hmmm, interesting

6. Above all make it look fascinating, crispy with simple CV designs. you know what am talking about.

Your CV tells a lot about you. Don't worry, its a learning process, we all are learning

2 Likes

Re: Please Assess My Self-constructed CV And Pls Give Me A Feedback On Its Quality by 1metre: 7:39am On Jul 15, 2016
Make ur cv as brief as possible starting your skills and competencies, reference is very important. When I say reference not ur pastor or ur boy friend in first bank rather someone who hv supervised u in the quest to gain an experience or skills
Re: Please Assess My Self-constructed CV And Pls Give Me A Feedback On Its Quality by LordHiffy(m): 7:42am On Jul 15, 2016
I'm typing this in a hurry so forgive my use of english.
My view
1.The " curriculum vitae" u wrote should be removed. Your full name written in capitals, big and bold should replace the position of the "curriculum vitae" . After that ur address, phone no and email should be written in the font size u wuill use for the remaining part of ur cv. All these should be typed before your personal information such as DOB etc. Remember to centralize them just the way you did with the "curriculum vitae"
2. Type ur credentials ; education and work experience according to the order most recently achieved ie tertiary education followed by secondary then primary.
3. Referees should be provided.
4. Should not be more than 2pages
Re: Please Assess My Self-constructed CV And Pls Give Me A Feedback On Its Quality by holybabayo(m): 7:47am On Jul 15, 2016
-No skills
-Start experience from the most recent
-Institutions attended....i don't know that to be a section of it own, i think it should be infused with the qualifications obtained under the heading "Education"
- Are you applying for a teaching job, because you seem to project your teaching side. Nothing about management, decision making, motivation etc.
Re: Please Assess My Self-constructed CV And Pls Give Me A Feedback On Its Quality by Benjom(m): 7:49am On Jul 15, 2016
This article would be of immense help to you:
www..com/complete-step-step-guide-writing-successful-cv/
#ThankMeLater
Re: Please Assess My Self-constructed CV And Pls Give Me A Feedback On Its Quality by Odunharry(m): 8:01am On Jul 15, 2016
Remove your personal information and let ur name and contact b at the top..

Let ur personal profile come next after that, then add ur skills..

After your skills, let ur education qualifications come along side the degree and year obtained.

Work experience should come next.. the place you worked, the date and job description(what you did )very important.

Add any additional or professional certification

Your hobbies next..

If you have any achievement, add.

Lastly, your Reference

tonididdy

I hope this help someone..

PS. Unless stated, nobody care about your state of origin, local government, putting your age can work for you or against you, remove nationality ,remove nursery school too.

Nihilist continue to shout out to you for the eye opener on time.

1 Like

Re: Please Assess My Self-constructed CV And Pls Give Me A Feedback On Its Quality by doe: 8:05am On Jul 15, 2016
Remove local govt and even state.

Remove primary school

Remove nursery school

List most recent qualification and experience first
Re: Please Assess My Self-constructed CV And Pls Give Me A Feedback On Its Quality by petitejolie(f): 8:09am On Jul 15, 2016
you don't need d CV as ur heading. always start with the most recent of your education nd work experience. your personal info is too long with unnecessary info. u didn't state your skills; communication, interpersonal, leadership skills e.t.c.
Re: Please Assess My Self-constructed CV And Pls Give Me A Feedback On Its Quality by Nobody: 8:11am On Jul 15, 2016
I'm sure you can do better. Don't you have any computer skills? Even if it is Microsoft package or something.

Go online and check out samples of CV format, then tailor your own to match which ever one you like.
Re: Please Assess My Self-constructed CV And Pls Give Me A Feedback On Its Quality by justoladipo(m): 8:14am On Jul 15, 2016
Been the First nd self constructed C.V, nice one kissBeen the First nd self constructed C.V, nice one
Re: Please Assess My Self-constructed CV And Pls Give Me A Feedback On Its Quality by Mememan: 8:15am On Jul 15, 2016
tonididdy:
tanks...yes I did insert my working experience, most of it under the teaching profession

It is WORK EXPERIENCE
NOT WORKING EXPERIENCE
Re: Please Assess My Self-constructed CV And Pls Give Me A Feedback On Its Quality by Mhoxune(f): 8:15am On Jul 15, 2016
First of all, I think your full names (in block letters) should be at the topmost part then, a little bit under your name, your home address follows then, your phone number as well as your email address. Thereafter, you can then insert your personal data in this format:
Date of Birth:
LGA:

Secondly, your qualifications, dates as well as institutions attended should be written under education.

Thirdly, "working experience" should be changed to "work experience" and it starts with the most recent one.

Fourthly, your skills should be added. Then, you may probably add your referees provided it's a genuine job. Professional certifications can also be added and computer proficiency as well as language proficiency.

Note: These are my own views, there are other experts out there.

Honestly, this is a good CV at the first attempt....... mine was terrible initially cheesy

Goodluck bro.
Re: Please Assess My Self-constructed CV And Pls Give Me A Feedback On Its Quality by Mariojane(f): 8:19am On Jul 15, 2016
tonididdy:
I have never really had need for a CV until lately, so I designed this today cos my neighbour wants a copy of my CV in order to help me book a job.

my questions are:

1. does it look proper? (its only 2pages)
2. how do I present the CV to him...in an envelope folded? or in a bigger envelope unfolded?
3. how important are referees?
4. am I missing out any details?

pls view the images below and reply freely
your qualifications, the most recent one should be the first on the top down to the oldest
Re: Please Assess My Self-constructed CV And Pls Give Me A Feedback On Its Quality by Welcomme: 8:24am On Jul 15, 2016
theoptimus:
Dear Pal,

I Think this will sell you out more ... Just do some editing on the copy send to you now ... It sell fast than any one think... Its speak more on your behave ...

Regards
Bro pls can I hav d copy to..Thanks bozz
Adewalep4@gmail.com
Re: Please Assess My Self-constructed CV And Pls Give Me A Feedback On Its Quality by bakingsoda: 8:27am On Jul 15, 2016
tonididdy:
I have never really had need for a CV until lately, so I designed this today cos my neighbour wants a copy of my CV in order to help me book a job.

my questions are:

2. how do I present the CV to him...in an envelope folded? or in a bigger envelope unfolded?

1. Change curriculum vitae to your name
2. Add Languages to your biodata
3. Change Sex to Gender
4. Date of birth not necessary unless your neighbor asked you to include it
5. Remove marital status
6. Move Profile up above your biodata
7. Move your qualifications above your biodata
8. Add months to the years in all sections
9. Work experience - start from most recent

3 Likes

Re: Please Assess My Self-constructed CV And Pls Give Me A Feedback On Its Quality by babayega(m): 8:28am On Jul 15, 2016
You try! But the CV doest shout! First, remove the "Curriculum Vitae" on the top!
Re: Please Assess My Self-constructed CV And Pls Give Me A Feedback On Its Quality by Nobody: 8:30am On Jul 15, 2016
This is a topic which our youths should be reading sad
but na lie....
them still dey read celeb news undecided

Thanks to everyone who contributed, i've learnt alot kiss
Re: Please Assess My Self-constructed CV And Pls Give Me A Feedback On Its Quality by EvilSeeed: 8:35am On Jul 15, 2016
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3904355_97004_jpegba0abb23887efae41c01a75093735875

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3904356_97003_jpeg985ce60f538ab8e463121aef4b5ffe7f

Very boring C.V and I am not talking about just content but also presentation.

If I am a recruiter that has to read through 1000 resumes, yours will definitely get missed in the lot because there is nothing interesting to see at first glance.

First of all, you need to work on the presentation of your C.V. Add some style and color.

Content wise, Open your resume with your personal profile, followed by your Work Experience (in chronological order), then your Educational Qualifications (also in chronological order) then your professional certifications and then your your personal information.

Your resume does not have to be 60 pages, nobody has the energy to read through 60pages of a resume, No be only you waka come.

I don't see any reason to add your Date of birth, State of Origin or marital status. Those are information that may be prejudice against you.

This is an interesting Resume;

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3973405_cv_jpeg9aebd0c6da411b101a48ae26f0a1a04d

In a pile of C.V's, this resume will get noticed first for its unique color.

Best of luck.

1 Like

Re: Please Assess My Self-constructed CV And Pls Give Me A Feedback On Its Quality by Nihilist: 8:49am On Jul 15, 2016
Odunharry:
Remove your personal information and let ur name and contact b at the top..

Let ur personal profile come next after that, then add ur skills..

After your skills, let ur education qualifications come along side the degree and year obtained.

Work experience should come next.. the place you worked, the date and job description(what you did )very important.

Add any additional or professional certification

Your hobbies next..

If you have any achievement, add.

Lastly, your Reference

tonididdy

I hope this help someone..

PS. Unless stated, nobody care about your state of origin, local government, putting your age can work for you or against you, remove nationality ,remove nursery school too.

Nihilist continue to shout out to you for the eye opener on time.

Twale Egbon Odun grin cool

2 Likes

Re: Please Assess My Self-constructed CV And Pls Give Me A Feedback On Its Quality by decentbukas(m): 8:58am On Jul 15, 2016
Please dear you tried but check this one of mine and adjust yours

Re: Please Assess My Self-constructed CV And Pls Give Me A Feedback On Its Quality by MrAdroit(m): 9:03am On Jul 15, 2016
nice one bro, considering d fact dat its ur first...buh I tink ur personal information is too much. Summarize it up.....Good luck
Re: Please Assess My Self-constructed CV And Pls Give Me A Feedback On Its Quality by Ubyy: 9:07am On Jul 15, 2016
Hey, Just my 2 cents.
- Change the heading of the CV from your 'curriculum vitae' to your name. It is quite outdated writing that
- You wasted the first page on mostly your bio. Try to reduce the spacing and include your education and qualification on that page.
Re: Please Assess My Self-constructed CV And Pls Give Me A Feedback On Its Quality by VictorRomanov: 9:18am On Jul 15, 2016
tonididdy:

my questions are:

You did well in constructing ur own c.v., however we ve gone past this type of c.v. see a sample c.v. I've attached below and make appropriate amendments.

You'll notice that there is no bio on the c.v. instead of curriculum vitae, ur name and contact should be there. Proceed with what ur employer would want to see; education, skills (with examples to show) and relevant job experiences. Referees can be kept as available on request.

1 Like

Re: Please Assess My Self-constructed CV And Pls Give Me A Feedback On Its Quality by EvilSeeed: 9:20am On Jul 15, 2016
VictorRomanov:

You did well in constructing ur own c.v., however we ve gone past this type of c.v. see a sample c.v. I've attached below and make appropriate amendments.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3973639_cv14_jpegbc16763dbf17c447a31481a8945c5be2

Color.. & Style..

At first glance, I am interested in reading it.

2 Likes

Re: Please Assess My Self-constructed CV And Pls Give Me A Feedback On Its Quality by careercrew1: 9:26am On Jul 15, 2016
SycophanticGoat:

I think the right phrase should be WORK EXPERIENCE, not working experience.
Thank you for the correction.

1 Like

Re: Please Assess My Self-constructed CV And Pls Give Me A Feedback On Its Quality by ANBAKO: 9:36am On Jul 15, 2016
Elegantdiva:
Now am confuse . I av seen a lot of CV format recently . I don't know which one is the best.

Just use your "church mind". Personally I review my Resume every fortnight even though I have a steady job. Changing style and presentation as necessary. But lately, I believe (in my opinion) that I have a very good format now

Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Please Assess My Self-constructed CV And Pls Give Me A Feedback On Its Quality by ANBAKO: 9:41am On Jul 15, 2016
Ihuomadinihu:

Impressive! Can i send my Cv too? I need someone to review mine.
I don't need to add personal information like marital status,Lga etc?

Sure. Send me a PM and I we can take it up from there.

Good luck!
Re: Please Assess My Self-constructed CV And Pls Give Me A Feedback On Its Quality by Chrixtopha(m): 9:46am On Jul 15, 2016
my dear, one of the lectures i attended in regards to writting a good CV directed never to publish your grade once not on the range of first class and second class upper.....am second class lower and i believe my advice goes a long way
Re: Please Assess My Self-constructed CV And Pls Give Me A Feedback On Its Quality by Jexyme(f): 9:48am On Jul 15, 2016
wallmosh:
Kindly adjust your achievements, placing the recent ones at the top.
Re: Please Assess My Self-constructed CV And Pls Give Me A Feedback On Its Quality by theoptimus(m): 9:55am On Jul 15, 2016
Welcomme:

Bro pls can I hav d copy to..Thanks bozz
Adewalep4@gmail.com

I have send you a copy to your mail ...
Re: Please Assess My Self-constructed CV And Pls Give Me A Feedback On Its Quality by Jmasoke(m): 10:09am On Jul 15, 2016
Do you know why heart attack, hypertension (increased BP) is on the increased?
Contact me today to prevent such or if already have there is a way out

08138025320 You only need just small amount of money

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Sell Yourself In A Job Interview: 5 Powerful Tips / Finally A Job!!! / Nigerian College Of Aviation Technology, Vacancies For Unit (engineers)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.