Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:44 AM

Please Assess My Self-constructed CV And Pls Give Me A Feedback On Its Quality - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Please Assess My Self-constructed CV And Pls Give Me A Feedback On Its Quality (24972 Views)

Professional CV and Cover Letter Templates For Job Seekers / What's The Time Limit For Getting A + Feedback From A Company After Interview / Job Application: 5 Clever steps to increase your Chances of a Feedback. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Assess My Self-constructed CV And Pls Give Me A Feedback On Its Quality by Welcomme: 10:21am On Jul 15, 2016
theoptimus:

I have send you a copy to your mail ...
Thank u broh
Re: Please Assess My Self-constructed CV And Pls Give Me A Feedback On Its Quality by GloShare(m): 10:22am On Jul 15, 2016
JobAirport:

Hi,

This is quite impressive as it's your first CV; however, it needs to be restructured.

1. Note that a CV is not about pages - some recruiters ask for a resume, which is a one-page CV. So quality is better than quantity.

2. About the presentation, put it in an envelope, and there's no need to seal it.

3. Referees are very important, don't put "On request" as written by many! State it there, including Name and title of the referee, place of work, work address, email address, and phone number.

4. Yes you are missing details - Achievements, Skills profile and professional certifications (if any).

Our team of expert CV reviewers have come up with a good CV template which is free to our viewers. Simply contact us below and we will help free of charge.

I hope this helps.

The bolded is relative... It is not always 100% wrong or right
Re: Please Assess My Self-constructed CV And Pls Give Me A Feedback On Its Quality by theoptimus(m): 10:38am On Jul 15, 2016
Welcomme:
Thank u broh

You Welcome
Re: Please Assess My Self-constructed CV And Pls Give Me A Feedback On Its Quality by SycophanticGoat: 12:22pm On Jul 15, 2016
careercrew1:
Thank you for the correction.

You're most welcome..
Re: Please Assess My Self-constructed CV And Pls Give Me A Feedback On Its Quality by abdurrazaq(m): 12:42pm On Jul 15, 2016
You can start with your competency skills, followed with your work experience (if any).

Your competency is usually the major area of concern to prospective employers.

Peace
Re: Please Assess My Self-constructed CV And Pls Give Me A Feedback On Its Quality by okikiosibodu(m): 2:46pm On Jul 15, 2016
grin
Re: Please Assess My Self-constructed CV And Pls Give Me A Feedback On Its Quality by okikiosibodu(m): 2:52pm On Jul 15, 2016
OP, I didn't take time to read through everyone's comment, but I will make my observations. First kudos to you for striving for excellence. When stating your experience and educational background, you should start with your most recent qualification and work experience.
Also, the title of your CV, should be your FULL NAME in capslock and legible (inshort, use the font size you used in writing Curriculum Vitae).
For your phone number, it is advisable I used 2 (in case of power outage or network palava, you sabi Naija nw) but never use 3 (it gives employers an impression that one is not serious.

When handing over your CV to an employer, I think its best you put it in a Brown envelope large enough to completely conceal d document inside, and NEVER fold a CV. Referees are also important, nd employers get pissed off when they see "referral on request " or anything related to it
Re: Please Assess My Self-constructed CV And Pls Give Me A Feedback On Its Quality by guiddoti: 3:28pm On Jul 15, 2016
theoptimus:
Dear Pal,

I Think this will sell you out more ... Just do some editing on the copy send to you now ... It sell fast than any one think... Its speak more on your behave ...

Regards
Applause! good job. Op can smile now. grin
Re: Please Assess My Self-constructed CV And Pls Give Me A Feedback On Its Quality by Franky826: 3:34pm On Jul 15, 2016
careercrew1:

Am happy for you tonididdy. You have constructed your first CV and it isn't bad. Have you ever worked in any place before? If yes, please insert your work experience and achievements..Do you have any skills also?

I have written an article on why you should always update your CV. .

Read here: www.careercrew..com.ng/2016/06/why-you-should-always-update-your-cv.html?m=0

You can also follow me on twitter for more info on why you should always update your CV and career development tips. ..I follow back too.. Check my profile for my twitter handle..Goodluck

smart blogger. solve the problem, share the link !!!

God bless the hustle!!! grin
Re: Please Assess My Self-constructed CV And Pls Give Me A Feedback On Its Quality by firfinch101(m): 6:16pm On Jul 15, 2016
Good question and impressive responses. I'm glad Nigerians are their brother's keepers. For me I don't think its necessary to include referees, especially when you don't know who is requesting for the CV, moreso when constructing my CV I downloaded CV app from playstore with a little research online. And in most cases referees were left out (available upon request). One has to be security conscious even in the search for survival.
Re: Please Assess My Self-constructed CV And Pls Give Me A Feedback On Its Quality by femijohn21(m): 5:34pm On Jul 16, 2016
Ok
Re: Please Assess My Self-constructed CV And Pls Give Me A Feedback On Its Quality by tonididdy(m): 3:07am On Jul 17, 2016
thanks guys....am learning a lot. I will construct a new one soon and upload
Re: Please Assess My Self-constructed CV And Pls Give Me A Feedback On Its Quality by JobAirport: 6:13pm On Jul 17, 2016
GloShare:

The bolded is relative... It is not always 100% wrong or right

Actually, it isn't. Why wait for them to ask? Especially when you have a well known and respected referee? That can be the difference between you being called up and not being called up!
Re: Please Assess My Self-constructed CV And Pls Give Me A Feedback On Its Quality by GloShare(m): 9:20am On Jul 18, 2016
JobAirport:

Actually, it isn't. Why wait for them to ask? Especially when you have a well known and respected referee? That can be the difference between you being called up and not being called up!

because of a lot of scammers Sir.

my referees were beginning to get so many scam calls as they are top societal men whom no one would normally have their number except a very close person.
Re: Please Assess My Self-constructed CV And Pls Give Me A Feedback On Its Quality by JobAirport: 9:51am On Jul 18, 2016
GloShare:

because of a lot of scammers Sir.

my referees were beginning to get so many scam calls as they are top societal men whom no one would normally have their number except a very close person.

Ah, I see. Which is why you should check the authenticity of job vacancies before applying.

Visit http://getemployednigeria1..com.ng for authentic and current jobs.

wink smiley
Re: Please Assess My Self-constructed CV And Pls Give Me A Feedback On Its Quality by GloShare(m): 12:49pm On Jul 18, 2016
JobAirport:

Ah, I see. Which is why you should check the authenticity of job vacancies before applying.

Visit http://getemployednigeria1..com.ng for authentic and current jobs.

wink smiley

get a domain name... nice site tho
Re: Please Assess My Self-constructed CV And Pls Give Me A Feedback On Its Quality by JobAirport: 2:08pm On Jul 18, 2016
GloShare:

get a domain name... nice site tho

Thank you.. That's the blog to the main site.. All the links on that site direct you to the mainsite.
Re: Please Assess My Self-constructed CV And Pls Give Me A Feedback On Its Quality by ewa20buredi100: 3:11pm On Jul 18, 2016
theoptimus:

I have send you a copy to your mail ...
please send to me as well? Ewa20buredi100@yahoo.com.
Re: Please Assess My Self-constructed CV And Pls Give Me A Feedback On Its Quality by tonididdy(m): 1:46pm On Jul 19, 2016
wizaro:
Hey man.. Ur c.v. Is quite OK.. Like dey all said pls add any other skills u ve got too....and what also caught my attention too was d TENDERFOOT because I actually schooled there too..
for real....tenderfoot port Harcourt?
Re: Please Assess My Self-constructed CV And Pls Give Me A Feedback On Its Quality by tonididdy(m): 10:33am On Aug 01, 2016
@ wizaro , firfinch101 , Jobairport, Gloshare, careercrew1 , okikiosibodu , ANBAKO , abdurrazaq , Evilseeed, MrAdroit , VictorRomanov
intelligentdude

Hi guys , I took all your adds and this is what I came up with, this is 1000% my concept.

Pls what do u think?

1 Like

Re: Please Assess My Self-constructed CV And Pls Give Me A Feedback On Its Quality by bharkarh(m): 11:03am On Aug 01, 2016
tonididdy:
I have never really had need for a CV until lately, so I designed this today cos my neighbour wants a copy of my CV in order to help me book a job.

my questions are:

1. does it look proper? (its only 2pages)
2. how do I present the CV to him...in an envelope folded? or in a bigger envelope unfolded?
3. how important are referees?
4. am I missing out any details?

pls view the images below and reply freely
baba you did a good work considering the fact that it's your first time.
I will implore you to meet with @ intelligentdude to help you review your CV and also write you a detailed cover letter.
He helped me with mine and I will always thank him for the good work.
Re: Please Assess My Self-constructed CV And Pls Give Me A Feedback On Its Quality by tonididdy(m): 11:16am On Aug 01, 2016
bharkarh:
baba you did a good work considering the fact that it's your first time.
I will implore you to meet with @ intelligentdude to help you review your CV and also write you a detailed cover letter.
He helped me with mine and I will always thank him for the good work.
ty so much sir, I'll invite him on here str8 away

1 Like

Re: Please Assess My Self-constructed CV And Pls Give Me A Feedback On Its Quality by careercrew1: 11:51am On Aug 01, 2016
tonididdy:
@ wizaro , firfinch101 , Jobairport, Gloshare, careercrew1 , okikiosibodu , ANBAKO , abdurrazaq , Evilseeed, MrAdroit , VictorRomanov
intelligentdude

Hi guys , I took all your adds and this is what I came up with, this is 1000% my concept.

Pls what do u think?
Nice..You are gradually getting there. Now, try to add you accomplishments in your work experience. .For example, let's say you taught SS3 students before their WAEC or NECO exams and the success rate of students that passed your subject is about 90%, then you can add it as an accomplishment under that specific work experience. .This will boost your chance of getting the job if the job role is inclined towards your teaching experience.
Hope this helps.
Re: Please Assess My Self-constructed CV And Pls Give Me A Feedback On Its Quality by Intelligentdude(m): 1:30pm On Aug 01, 2016
tonididdy:
I have never really had need for a CV until lately, so I designed this today cos my neighbour wants a copy of my CV in order to help me book a job.

my questions are:

1. does it look proper? (its only 2pages)
2. how do I present the CV to him...in an envelope folded? or in a bigger envelope unfolded?
3. how important are referees?
4. am I missing out any details?

pls view the images below and reply freely
Thank you @bharkarh for the mention, I am just seeing it.

Congrats OP,I must commend you for taking this initiative.

This are my submissions from a HR perspective.

Your arrangement of personal information is archiac, what is required from your personal information are your name,address,email,phone number,date of birth(if you are less than 27 as an entry level applicant).

I understand you rounded up your OND in 2013,what you should have is a career objective and not a profile.Profile is meant for experienced workers who have worked for years.

I won't advice you place your educational qualifications above your skills/work experience because of your OND Lower credit(The goal of a skilled CV is to emphasis your strength so that the recruiting officer will fall in love with your prowess before seeing your seemingly weaknesses).

When arranging your educational qualifications,start with your latest certificate downward (Your Degree result, Secondary School Certificate, and Primary School certificate which is optional).

I will advice you place your professional training at the top,it is one of your strengths since you are a fresher.

Under your work experience, I will advice you list in details your job roles in each of the schools you taught and your present school.

It is important you add your referees, it gives more credibility to your CV.

As regard submitting your application, it is important you have an Application letter(Cover letter).It should be written as a Sales Letter to the Company you are applying to.

When submitting your documents offline, put both your application letter and CV in an envelope. Cheers

For those who want a Professional and Standard CV, chat me up on whatsap: 08134657689

or send your cv to: doctorken4all@yahoo.com.

1 Like

Re: Please Assess My Self-constructed CV And Pls Give Me A Feedback On Its Quality by tonididdy(m): 1:46pm On Aug 01, 2016
careercrew1:
Nice..You are gradually getting there. Now, try to add you accomplishments in your work experience. .For example, let's say you taught SS3 students before their WAEC or NECO exams and the success rate of students that passed your subject is about 90%, then you can add it as an accomplishment under that specific work experience. .This will boost your chance of getting the job if the job role is inclined towards your teaching experience.
Hope this helps.
thanku very much once again, I'll do as u have said. What do u think about my introduction style?, and the curriculum vitae transparent watermark I placed in the cv?
Re: Please Assess My Self-constructed CV And Pls Give Me A Feedback On Its Quality by tonididdy(m): 1:51pm On Aug 01, 2016
Intelligentdude:
Thank you @bharkarh for the mention, I am just seeing it.

Congrats OP,I must commend you for taking this initiative.

This are my submissions from a HR perspective.

Your arrangement of personal information is archiac, what is required from your personal information are your name,address,email,phone number,date of birth(if you are less than 27 as an entry level applicant).

I understand you rounded up your OND in 2013,what you should have is a career objective and not a profile.Profile is meant for experienced workers who have worked for years.

I won't advice you place your educational qualifications above your skills/work experience because of your OND Lower credit(The goal of a skilled CV is to emphasis your strength so that the recruiting officer will fall in love with your prowess before seeing your seemingly weaknesses).

When arranging your educational qualifications,start with your latest certificate downward (Your Degree result, Secondary School Certificate, and Primary School certificate which is optional).

I will advice you place your professional training at the top,it is one of your strengths since you are a fresher.

Under your work experience, I will advice you list in details your job roles in each of the schools you taught and your present school.

It is important you add your referees, it gives more credibility to your CV.

As regard submitting your application, it is important you have an Application letter(Cover letter).It should be written as a Sales Letter to the Company you are applying to.

When submitting your documents offline, put both your application letter and CV in an envelope. Cheers

For those who want a Professional and Standard CV, chat me up on whatsap: 08134657689

or send your cv to: doctorken4all@yahoo.com.
sir I redesigned a newer CV as u can see on this page 2...pls assess me based on this, I await to hear your professional views? Pls
Re: Please Assess My Self-constructed CV And Pls Give Me A Feedback On Its Quality by wizaro(m): 11:22am On Oct 09, 2016
tonididdy:
for real....tenderfoot port Harcourt?
yea TENDERFOOT portharcourt rumuigbo. 2006/2007 set
Re: Please Assess My Self-constructed CV And Pls Give Me A Feedback On Its Quality by Daninya33: 3:52pm On Aug 16, 2023
For your ATS Compliant Curriculum Vitae,send a D.M

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Job Secrets Hr’s Don’t Want You To Know / How To Sell Yourself In A Job Interview: 5 Powerful Tips / Finally A Job!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.