Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,822 members, 7,820,886 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

Let's Stop This Igbo Madness !!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let's Stop This Igbo Madness !!! (2089 Views)

When Will All This Yoruba VS Igbo Madness Stop? / See What This Igbo Facebook User Said; / See What This Igbo Man Has To Say To Nigerians On Fulani Herdsmen! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let's Stop This Igbo Madness !!! by mesoprogress(m): 6:27pm On Jun 30, 2016
Everyday you see in Nairaland - Igbo this and that, Ikwerre is Igbo or not Igbo, Anioma is Igbo or not Igbo.

It is PURE MADNESS.

Truth be told - Igbo people are a group of people sharing similar languages (or rather dialects), culture and tradition. The truth is that Ikwerres, Aniomas, Opobo and SE States citizens are all Igbos . But another fact is that you cannot force them to accept their origin . I can decide today to disown my family , change my name , swear affidavit in a court . It is all my business !!

One argument people some people make is that they don't speak exactly like Igbos. Truth is that what we generally speak and call Igbo is not particularly anybody's language. My mother's village is less than 10km from mine, no river separation, yet there are deep differences if we speak our dialects. I have Anioma friends that rejected their Igboness and also have Anioma friends that are proudly Igbo. I do understand Anioma, Ndoni, Etche, Opobo dialects fluently without ever living with them, understand Ikwerre to some extent. This made me conclude that we are all one people.

This identity crisis is seen mainly outside SE states. But I don't see any reason why we should quarrel about this. I do believe that Igbos in SE should consolidate themselves very strongly and stop courting those with halfheartedness . When time comes for proper restructuring of Nigeria, referendum could be called for Igbo communities in Niger Delta. Their voices will be heard if they truly want to join their kins in SE or remain elsewhere.

I have friends across all ethnicity in Nigeria. Everybody considers these ND Igbos as Igbos. ( leave nairaland bashing, it all ends in nairaland).

LET STOP THESE ARGUMENTS , DENIALS ETC. IT IS NOT HELPFUL. I RECOMMEND SUCH THREADS SHOULD BE BANNED ON NAIRALAND...

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Let's Stop This Igbo Madness !!! by PhilemonObende: 6:58pm On Jun 30, 2016
Nobody is begging anybody to be Igbo or not. What some of us are fighting against is the attempt to tamper with sacred historical facts.

It is common knowlege that Ikwerres were Ibos pre-67, post civil war they became non-Igbo. If these facts are left as thus without anyone trying to revisionize and kill the truth, we won't be here.

We must agree that Ikwere stopped being Igbo post 67-70s. They were once Igbos, now Ikwerres. Igbos and every other sane person accept that their new choice. Of course an abooki is now in power. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Let's Stop This Igbo Madness !!! by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jun 30, 2016
1) Nzeogwu was from Delta state, and led the first "Igbo coup."
2) However, Delta-Igbos are not Igbo.

When oyibo people say that black people have low IQ, you guys will start complaining about racism grin grin grin

Meanwhile Igbo Amaka

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Let's Stop This Igbo Madness !!! by kettle84(m): 7:10pm On Jun 30, 2016
PhilemonObende:
Nobody is begging anybody to be Igbo or not. What some of us are fighting against is the attempt to tamper with sacred historical facts.

It is common knowlege that Ikwerres were Ibos pre-67, post civil war they became non-Igbo. If these facts are left as thus without anyone trying to revisionize and kill the truth, we won't be here.

We must agree that Ikwere stopped being Igbo post 67-70s. They were once Igbos, now Ikwerres. Igbos and every other sane person accept that their new choice. Of course an abooki is now in power. grin grin
let Ikwere remain whatever they think they are. they refused being igbo because they stole the Landed properties of fellow Igbo's after the war.

1 Like

Re: Let's Stop This Igbo Madness !!! by Toosure70: 7:12pm On Jun 30, 2016
Divided house.
Re: Let's Stop This Igbo Madness !!! by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jun 30, 2016
guys, let stop this disunity naa
In Nigeria, we hundreds of languages, culture and history but basically we have three tribes inwhich everyone falls under which are YORUBA, HAUSA and IGBO
Am yoruba but there are some dialects I can't understand till forever. If I see a Delta person, as far as am concerned he is IGBO. fulanis are called hausas and it's not a big deal.

some of my Delta friends even take it as an offence to be called Igbo wereas its not a recognised tribe but we all know it's closely related to Igbo

It well with this country ooo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let's Stop This Igbo Madness !!! by lashout1: 7:28pm On Jun 30, 2016
I had never segregated any from Ikwerre, Anioma et al that speaks any language with slight negation from the Igbo race.

I asked at times which is even the real lang before considering deviations? if not the divide and rule mentality of some clowns, just like who is the pinnacle of evolution question, who takes the honour?

Meanwhile being Igbo is the best great gift i got from my parents after my religion.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Let's Stop This Igbo Madness !!! by upmanagers: 7:35pm On Jun 30, 2016
Op go and get a job or buisness doing get a life stop wasting ur mb creating nonsense topics
Re: Let's Stop This Igbo Madness !!! by brize(m): 8:02pm On Jun 30, 2016
op. Is a Yoruba i can bet on that. Igbos and igbos wannabe be careful. They have come again ooooooo. Divide and conquer thats how they start. But umu igbo ma ihe aruu agaghi enye unu chance ozo
Re: Let's Stop This Igbo Madness !!! by citizenY(m): 8:14pm On Jun 30, 2016
Final whistle....

We all came from Adam and Eve. Tell me which other person was in the Gadeb od Eden.

LET US,GO BACK TO BASICS.
Re: Let's Stop This Igbo Madness !!! by Almaiga: 8:21pm On Jun 30, 2016
Opp, permit me to advice you. Go get all the protective gears you'll need. Because the Bi*frans and IPOB will soon come for neck. Don't say i didn't warn you. cool
Re: Let's Stop This Igbo Madness !!! by chukzyblingz(m): 8:26pm On Jun 30, 2016
simsing:
In Nigeria, we hundreds of languages, culture and history but basically we have three tribes inwhich everyone falls under which are YORUBA, HAUSA and IGBO
Am yoruba but there are some dialects I can't understand till forever. If I see a Delta person, as far as am concerned he is IGBO. fulanis are called hausas and it's not a big deal.

some of my Delta friends even take it as an offence to be called Igbo wereas its not a recognised tribe but we all know it's closely related to Igbo

What a senseless post
Re: Let's Stop This Igbo Madness !!! by solid3(m): 8:29pm On Jun 30, 2016
Hard drug and alcohol always go together.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Let's Stop This Igbo Madness !!! by mesoprogress(m): 9:11pm On Jun 30, 2016
brize:
op. Is a Yoruba i can bet on that. Igbos and igbos wannabe be careful. They have come again ooooooo. Divide and conquer thats how they start. But umu igbo ma ihe aruu agaghi enye unu chance ozo
Incidentally, Yorubas are genetically the closest kins to Igbos in Nigeria.
Re: Let's Stop This Igbo Madness !!! by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jun 30, 2016
Excuse my French, but pls study to show thyself approved so that you don't go looking like a clown.

Everyone doesn't fall under the three major ethnic groups. They are just major, nothing more. It doesn't mean the Efik, Urhobo, Ijaw, Bini falls under them.

Now you should know that the majority tribe in Delta state is Urhobo; Not even the igboid Anioma. Pls the majority of Deltans are urhobos, you don't go classing every deltan as igbom
simsing:

2 Likes

Re: Let's Stop This Igbo Madness !!! by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jun 30, 2016
Millerz:

Now you should know that the majority tribe in Delta state is Urhobo; Not even the igboid Anioma. Pls the majority of Deltans are urhobos, you don't go classing every deltan as igbom
This would mean that the 1966 "Nzeogwu coup" was actually and "Urhobo coup", but mistakenly described as an "Igbo coup" grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Let's Stop This Igbo Madness !!! by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jun 30, 2016
I'm not surprised at your naivety. Its a norm nowadays on NL. People spilling thrash after thrash. Google is your friend.
quid:

This would mean that the 1966 "Nzeogwu coup" was actually and "Urhobo coup", but mistakenly described as an "Igbo coup" grin grin grin
Re: Let's Stop This Igbo Madness !!! by obialfa: 10:11pm On Jun 30, 2016
mesoprogress:

Thunder fire your testicles there! Onye ara

2 Likes

Re: Let's Stop This Igbo Madness !!! by OjukwuWarBird: 10:20pm On Jun 30, 2016
Op don't mind those ungrateful people who are indirectly insulting God

Did God ever give 2 tribes one language

They claim to be Bini but have no trace of Bini in their names, language, religion, attire, culture, physical appearance etc

Israelites maintained their distinctive selves after 430years in Egypt
Igalas in Anambra, Ibibios mixed up in Abiriba, etc all retain traces of their origin.

Can someone tell me why these guys can't point to the world traces of Bini in them. angryby

2 Likes

Re: Let's Stop This Igbo Madness !!! by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jun 30, 2016
Millerz:
I'm not surprised at your naivety. Its a norm nowadays on NL. People spilling thrash after thrash. Google is your friend.
Be consistent.
If Delta people are not Igbo, and Nzeogwu was from Delta, then the 1966 coup was probably an Urhobo, Ijaw or Itsekiri coup.
Not an Igbo coup grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Let's Stop This Igbo Madness !!! by freshdude99(m): 11:11pm On Jun 30, 2016
Millerz:
Excuse my French, but pls study to show thyself approved so that you don't go looking like a clown.

Everyone doesn't fall under the three major ethnic groups. They are just major, nothing more. It doesn't mean the Efik, Urhobo, Ijaw, Bini falls under them.

Madam did u just smoke craze?
Re: Let's Stop This Igbo Madness !!! by Nobody: 11:30pm On Jun 30, 2016
No but I think you did.
freshdude99:
Madam did u just smoke craze?
Re: Let's Stop This Igbo Madness !!! by Oksman(m): 11:56pm On Jun 30, 2016
mesoprogress:

As in Isreal and Palestine with all their problems, lol!
Re: Let's Stop This Igbo Madness !!! by Nobody: 7:58am On Jul 01, 2016
chukzyblingz:
What a senseless post
it's senseless abi, no whahala
I just told you d point of view of those of us who can't differentiate the languages of igbos, Delta, efik and the rest.
as far as we are concerned you are all igbos, call it senseless but I think it's about time you guys stop all these ethic wars, it doesn't bother the universe

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let's Stop This Igbo Madness !!! by Nobody: 8:07am On Jul 01, 2016
Millerz:

madam, in yoruba land we have the ijebus, egba, ilajes, and so on with different believes, idols, cultures but we still unit to be yoruba

yes there are the efiks and the rest you mentioned, but Nigeria has presented herself to have three major tribes to the world and there is nothing you can do to change it.
either you are Igbo, Delta, efik and the rest, people in the southwest and North will call all of you guys Igbo, which of course is a general term. get used to it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let's Stop This Igbo Madness !!! by Nobody: 8:32am On Jul 01, 2016
Millerz:

in yoruba land we have the ijebus, ilajes, egbas and the rests with divers of believes, cultures, languages but we chose to stick together, Nigeria has presented herself to the world to have ,three major ethnic groups if there is any other it must fall into the three major ones and there is nothing you can do to change that
eigthdr you are igbo, Delta, efik and the rest, people in the South West and North will refer to you guys as igbos
because it's a general term
get uses to it igbo girl
Re: Let's Stop This Igbo Madness !!! by Dragonking: 8:54am On Jul 01, 2016
simsing:

When you see an itsekiri man, go and call him Igbo you hear.. Just know that day you have signed your death warrant

1 Like

Re: Let's Stop This Igbo Madness !!! by Nobody: 9:44am On Jul 01, 2016
Dragonking:
When you see an itsekiri man, go and call him Igbo you hear.. Just know that day you have signed your death warrant
may that will be in itsekiri kingdom but in every other part of this world they are igbos. what is inside this word they call Igbo that people dislike self.

ok, it doesn't matter who you are, where you are from we are all Nigerians. why did we decide to decide ourselves along ethic lines. Does the rest of the world even care. If we can't love each other no body else will.

1 Like

Re: Let's Stop This Igbo Madness !!! by Proudlyngwa(m): 10:01am On Jul 01, 2016
Good topic, but let's concentrate on being good humans first and foremost

2 Likes

Re: Let's Stop This Igbo Madness !!! by Nobody: 10:12am On Jul 01, 2016
Meanwhile in the land of One Nigeria

TheDevilIsALai:

1) The Scotts are furious over the UK leaving the EU and have decided to conduct another referendum to decide wether to remain in the UK.

2) The Scotts voted overwhelmingly to remain in the EU and their love for the EU is what is now pushing them to decided on leaving the UK in another referendum.

3) Other than the Scotts, Northern Ireland is pushing for a unification with the Republic of Ireland (the latter being a member of the EU.

4) Other than the English and Welsh and a horde of Pakistanis in the south of Britain, every other member state of the UK wants out.

5) This seems to be an inevitable faith awaiting the once glorious British empire.

6) Isn't it ironic that the English who stood side by side with the genocidal Nigerian govt in the Biafran war of attrition to keep their former slave colony united for the sake of exploitation is now facing an implosion and rejection back home?

7) Karma is one cold ass biatch.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Alleluia for Her Majesty the Queen

2 Likes

Re: Let's Stop This Igbo Madness !!! by mesoprogress(m): 10:51am On Jul 01, 2016
I'm not Yoruba, but I love the Yorubas. My friend from Kwara insists that he's a Yoruba and not a northerner. He's more interested in being yoruba than being associated with northern Nigeria where our military regime placed them without any recourse to their cultural identity. If Nigeria is restructured properly based on cultural affinity, Akwa Ibom /Cross River /Ogoni zone together, Igbos (SE, Ikwerre, Anioma, Opobo, Ndoni, Emohua) together;, Ijaw, Okirika, etc together ; Itsekiri, Edo together , Yoruba together, Isoko, Urhobo together.
Re: Let's Stop This Igbo Madness !!! by Dragonking: 11:18am On Jul 01, 2016
simsing:

may that will be in itsekiri kingdom but in every other part of this world they are igbos. what is inside this word they call Igbo that people dislike self.

ok, it doesn't matter who you are, where you are from we are all Nigerians. why did we decide to decide ourselves along ethic lines. Does the rest of the world even care. If we can't love each other no body else will.
I know you are an Igbo man who want to call others Igbo cheesy Sorry, even in foreign countries they don't refer to them as igbos.

(1) (2) (Reply)

This Is Why Buhari Said Her Wife Belongs 2 D Kitchen N D Other Room.... / OFFICE OF THE ACTING PRESIDENT (PRESS STATEMENT) / Pity Igbo At Your Peril!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.