Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,460 members, 7,836,824 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:11 PM

I Wonder If There Is A God - Religion (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Wonder If There Is A God (38575 Views)

Sometimes I Wonder If Some Pastors Were Truely Called By GOD. / Many Besiege Akure To Consult ‘wonder Baby’ Born With Healing Powers / Could Prophet Mohammed Truly Be A God-sent? Pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:11pm On Jul 01, 2016
musKeeto:

Same way a rotten apple is also a mango. A Muslim who kills and murders is a Chrisitian. Logic 101 from the throne of Christ.

This is a quintessence of odious irrationality . Try to be intellectually pedantic for once !!!

KingEbukasBlog :

This is incoherent . Anyway , if a 'Christian' denies God's existence , persecutes Christians and tries to impose himself as god on other people then the person is most likely to be an atheist.

I was addressing Hitler and people's claims that he was a Christian . Im simply saying that a person cannot be a Christian if he denies God's existence , persecutes other Christians and then tries to impose himself as god . Mostly atheists do that e.g Hiter and Kim

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by blackjack21(m): 11:14pm On Jul 01, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

This is incoherent . Anyway , if a Christian denies God's existence , persecutes Christians and tries to impose himself as god on other people then the person is most likely to be an atheist.

Just moment ago you assured that Hitler was an atheist and now you say most likely.
are you sure you're not confused?
now let be sure you understand what atheism is: you are free to check a dictionary.

Now can someone believes that he is god yet believe that there's no god?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:18pm On Jul 01, 2016
blackjack21:

Just moment ago you assured that Hitler was an atheist and now you say most likely.
are you sure you're not confused?
now let be sure you understand what atheism is: you are free to check a dictionary.
Now can someone believes that he is god yet believe that there's no god?

Check up the word "megalomania" . Most atheist leaders like Hitler and Kim suffer from that . I explained this perfectly .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by lohresloco: 11:23pm On Jul 01, 2016
I really wish I to talk with you in private, if you can tolerate my request, quote me, and I'll get your number and we can talk. Please. And no I'm not religious, but I'm a sound Christian. No criticisms, just strong reasonings. Please connect with me. Thanks. LL
iamDiabolic:
Am not an atheist, though most people see me as thiest (but not a religious one though) just attending church for the sake of attending,but deep in my mind am an agnostic.but with kinda things I go through might end up being an atheist, because I don't even feel the if any God exist, cause I have not even felt him before, I watch people catch holy ghost and testifying to seeing angels but not even have I had a dream bout one before. We just have to keep worshiping though we shouldn't believe what we can see,but we worship him due to fear of the unknown.

Sometimes I even pray that if he exist he should show at least show himself in a dream or through a pastor,but he still never show himself to me,he doesn't have any message for me,damn who TF is he,we should keep worshipping him cause he we were told fairytale about one stupid hell they keep threatening us with.

Me and my friends once attended a night vigil,when the pastor was touching all of them head they kept falling (in my mind I was laughing at their funny charade), when it got to my time I didn't fall, I didn't even move back as he was trying to force me to maybe fall, since then i no attend the yeye church.

What am trying to drive at is am beginning to doubt the existence of God and if he doesn't show himself to me one of this days, then I might graduate into an atheist. Mind you oh yea preachers and gullible ones I don't need your preaching and bible verses. I have heard enough of that.
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by jahstech: 11:24pm On Jul 01, 2016
@Seun, don't get me wrong, am not trying to tell you that there is a God, all am trying to tell you and with all the evidence I have been providing is that everything has a designer, a very very intelligent one at that, and I have been given you examples of such that defy even conventional wisdom. You are bent on your evolving theory but as I try to prove otherwise and make you see reasons with some intelligent questions and examples, I also expect you to give me answers to your theory with good examples as well.

My point here is not to justify who is wrong or correct, but let the facts we present be reasonable enough to help us reach a conclusion.

Thanks.
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by flawlezz: 11:25pm On Jul 01, 2016
BELIEVE WHATEVER WORKS FOR YOU. I'M A SCIENTIST & I'VE NEVER BEEN ABLE TO EXPLAIN THE ORIGIN OF LIFE. ONLY CHRISTIANITY BRINGS ME CLOSE ENOUGH TO A LOGICAL ANSWER. SO, UNTIL THE DAY SOME NEW god Comes AND CLEARS THINGS UP, I'M A SLAVE TO PROOF
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by kokostick(m): 11:26pm On Jul 01, 2016
I'm not the scripture quoting type... But I know that d Bible says..... "my ppl perish cos of lack of knowledge....".... Our God isn't man... Der for our thinking ain't the same with thou..... Read ur Bible.... Don't just conclude like others..... Good luck
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:28pm On Jul 01, 2016
musKeeto:

It's obvious you didn't go through the links I posted. Don't worry, it's not a crime to reject whatever does not fit in your myopic worldview. It's 2016. Keep waiting for Jesus to come take your black ass to heaven. Me and the children of Israel dey laugh.. grin grin

Like I said , Half of the Jews in America are the atheists while the native Jews /Israelis are deeply religious people .

grin grin grin

This is an excerpt from the site - this is kinda awkward .

Obviously YOU DIDNT GO THROUGH YOUR OWN SOURCE .. HAHAHAAHA

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by Nobody: 11:33pm On Jul 01, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

This is an excerpt from the site - this is kinda awkward .

Obviously YOU DIDNT GO THROUGH YOUR OWN SOURCE .. HAHAHAAHA

KingEbukasBlog:

Like I said , Half of the Jews in America are the atheists while the native Jews /Israelis are deeply religious people .
grin pls, let me know at what point a dishonest Christian becomes atheist. You might well become one before tomorrow. grin

I'll let others readers go through the links and form their own conclusions. Thankfully, they wouldn't be needing the Holy Spirit for interpretation.

2 Likes

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:39pm On Jul 01, 2016
musKeeto:

grin pls, let me know at what point a dishonest Christian becomes atheist. You might well become one before tomorrow. grin

I'll let others readers go through the links and form their own conclusions. Thankfully, they wouldn't be needing the Holy Spirit for interpretation.

A poltroon walks away from his own fight . You called me a fool out of ignorance . Now who is the ... ?

Hahaha ... lwkm

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by Nobody: 11:42pm On Jul 01, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

A poltroon walks away from his own fight . You called me a fool out of ignorance . Now who is the ... ?

Hahaha ... lwkm

KingEbukasLaw: when all else fails, try trolling for Christ. Troll god, I hail.

1 Like

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by Nobody: 11:42pm On Jul 01, 2016
flawlezz:
BELIEVE WHATEVER WORKS FOR YOU. I'M A SCIENTIST & I'VE NEVER BEEN ABLE TO EXPLAIN THE ORIGIN OF LIFE. ONLY CHRISTIANITY BRINGS ME CLOSE ENOUGH TO A LOGICAL ANSWER. SO, UNTIL THE DAY SOME NEW god Comes AND CLEARS THINGS UP, I'M A SLAVE TO PROOF
Scientist fire.... grin

1 Like

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by HerexG(m): 11:48pm On Jul 01, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

You sound more ignorant than a six-year-old child .

1. There is no proof for macro-evolution

2. The bible addresses the post-Adamic era

3. The bible never said the earth is flat

4. The bible never said the earth is 6,000 years

Now let me school you kid

1. Check your caudal vertebrae, deep your hands inbetween you will find a hole there, have you asked yourself why do we have that hole

2. Whatever you mean by post Adamic era, all I know is Adam and Eve story is a hogwash

3. (Genesis 2) On the second day, a vault the “firmament” of the King James version was created to divide the waters, some being above
and some below the vault.

Now picture the shape of a vault, isn't a vault flat on the edge
4. The dinosaur have existed 9 billion years before man so how can you tell the earth is 6 million years
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by Kamozee(m): 11:48pm On Jul 01, 2016
FakeNEWSevryday:

God is not a looser and HE will never be. If u neither believe in God nor Heaven nor Hell ,it does change the fact that they exist. He is not at loss if any person goes to hell but the person does.
God is too big to be felt by either by our feeling or emotion
How many times have u see any of your nation's presidents face o face? ...and it will be grossly blasphemous to compare God with any.
Believe HIM or not

SOONER OR LATER U GOT TO FACE HIM

Have you faced him before?

2 Likes

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by blackjack21(m): 11:51pm On Jul 01, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Check up the word "megalomania" . Most atheist leaders like Hitler and Kim suffer from that . I explained this perfectly .

so how could he remain an atheist since he has found a god in himself or are you saying that anyone that proclaimed himself a god is now a atheist.

You can't be a god and a atheist, that's a contradiction in and of itself.

what Hitler and The kims were doing is selfism not atheism.
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:54pm On Jul 01, 2016
musKeeto:

KingEbukasLaw: when all else fails, try trolling for Christ. Troll god, I hail.

From someone who ridiculed his own ignorance ? Im certain that you felt intellectually supercilious when you claimed Israelis are atheists but gosh I would have deluged you with expletives but nah no more ban . Thank God Im replete with facts and there's the Internet as a buttress

Next time mention me when you have facts to prove your blatant claims .

This is how to kill a MUSKEETO

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:58pm On Jul 01, 2016
blackjack21:

so how could he remain an atheist since he has found a god in himself or are you saying that anyone that proclaimed himself a god is now a atheist.

You can't be a god and a atheist, that's a contradiction in and of itself.

what Hitler and The kims were doing is selfism not atheism.

@emboldened text - that is what the psychological disorder megalomania is all about . They are atheists but they they are filled with fantasies of being so powerful like a god so they impose themselves as one .

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by tobeetoe(m): 11:59pm On Jul 01, 2016
Seun, how did water come to be? the monkeys or animals that evolved, how did they come to be? How come no animal has evolved in the past 3-4000 years that life has been documented, do you walk, look, and eat like a monkey? You believe there is no God which there certainly is, How come you believe evolution which was never showed in 3d. How life came to be is a mystery which no one has ever witnessed or has full understanding of. Human created computers, if an idiot tells you computer evolved from phones, then who created phones. Everything has a beginning and that beginning is God. I have seen miracles happen, prophesy fulfilled, witnessed being the under the annointing, if this pastors dont see things, no body will go to churches. I believe there is a supreme one, ponder and re-reason. You probably read your bible without the holy spirit guidance.
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by tobeetoe(m): 12:08am On Jul 02, 2016
Apple created iPads, ipods, iPhones. Samsung created Samsung galaxy, and other mid range phones. God created Blacks, whites, Asians etc. Everything has a beginning. Why should Samsung have s6 and note 5 or even have a pad. You dont know, right? because you don't work for the company. Maybe they built those phones so they can show the world that they are creative and intelligent but you can never know the real/main reason unless you are part of the workforce. God created blacks, asians, whites for reasons you don't know. They are not evidences of the big bang. Seun
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by Sagealveen: 12:10am On Jul 02, 2016
There's no point in this. Everybody wants to be heard.
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by John902(m): 12:11am On Jul 02, 2016
the world would be a better place if there was no religion.
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:14am On Jul 02, 2016
HerexG:

Now let me school you kid

1. Check your caudal vertebrae, deep your hands inbetween you will find a hole there, have you asked yourself why do we have that hole

Evolution has been proven yay !

2. Whatever you mean by post Adamic era, all I know is Adam and Eve story is a hogwash

Oh dear . Apparently , you'll be schooled by me at the end of the day . Bro , please google "pre-Adamic era "

3. (Genesis 2) On the second day, a vault the “firmament” of the King James version was created to divide the waters, some being above
and some below the vault.

Now picture the shape of a vault, isn't a vault flat on the edge

I think this is extraneous to this discussion . What's your point exactly ?

4. The dinosaur have existed 9 billion years before man so how can you tell the earth is 6 million years

Actually , there have been evidences that "man" existed with dinosaurs and for some reason most of those evidences are being suppressed/hidden . Im an old-earth/progressive creationist . I seem to waver between the two theological propositions - old-earth creationism and progressive creationism
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:16am On Jul 02, 2016
John902:

Lol . Please read this carefully :

1. https://www.nairaland.com/2988881/atheism-terrorism-annihilation-quest-atheistic

2. https://www.nairaland.com/3176513/atheist-murderers-past-present-murderous

You need to be enlightened
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by Nobody: 12:18am On Jul 02, 2016
John902:
Na, the world will be a better place if there were no humans. I don taya for una
grin

1 Like

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by Xtopher123(m): 1:06am On Jul 02, 2016
iamDiabolic:
Am not an atheist, though most people see me as thiest (but not a religious one though) just attending church for the sake of attending,but deep in my mind am an agnostic.but with kinda things I go through might end up being an atheist, because I don't even feel the if any God exist, cause I have not even felt him before, I watch people catch holy ghost and testifying to seeing angels but not even have I had a dream bout one before. We just have to keep worshiping though we shouldn't believe what we can see,but we worship him due to fear of the unknown.

Sometimes I even pray that if he exist he should show at least show himself in a dream or through a pastor,but he still never show himself to me,he doesn't have any message for me,damn who TF is he,we should keep worshipping him cause he we were told fairytale about one stupid hell they keep threatening us with.

Me and my friends once attended a night vigil,when the pastor was touching all of them head they kept falling (in my mind I was laughing at their funny charade), when it got to my time I didn't fall, I didn't even move back as he was trying to force me to maybe fall, since then i no attend the yeye church.

What am trying to drive at is am beginning to doubt the existence of God and if he doesn't show himself to me one of this days, then I might graduate into an atheist. Mind you oh yea preachers and gullible ones I don't need your preaching and bible verses. I have heard enough of that.

A Mirror of Me Myself and I..

Op you're exactly like me.. A God of my own

To even add to mine, whenever I'm doing anything and I involve God, that thing never prospers, but when I sideline him.. it flourishes .. Day after I day I'm left with no reasons to believe God Exist, ti me its just hypothetical..

I challenge any pastor or clergy to show me who God is.. Some would tell yiu there are people that are God's Elect, and I laugh cause Why would a God create all humans and then Choose certain people as his own? The rest that were claimed to be cursed from the beginning why now punish them after you cursed them. Their answer would be God Knows Best!! I laugh

Someone once told me,Some People created Religion to add meaning to our life.. Chikina
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by jkross(m): 2:02am On Jul 02, 2016
Eyaaaaaa....I pray y'all understand what sin nature is...then understand the fall of Adam and it's implications... understand the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ...then all your questions will have been answered....Hell was never meant for humans.....but like someone pointed out about a loving father creating hell for his children....
If you decide to join the rebels and fight your father's house...you won't be spared when the wrath of your father comes heavily upon his enemies...
God has always givinen us a way out...second chance after second chance and the way out is Jesus Christ
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by Nobody: 2:23am On Jul 02, 2016
Nobleking2000:

see this mumu you can't counter what he just said with facts rather you decided to attack the Catholic doctrine. FOOL

Solomon. What did he say that I cannot counter?

Well I just helped him to realise that church goers like you are mere impostors and not Christians. So he cannot because of your doctrines say that he has heard from the bible
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by Nobody: 2:29am On Jul 02, 2016
iamDiabolic:
catholics believe in pogatary or so.so according to jehovah witness there is no hell,I have always fancied jehovah witness above all other doctrine though.but I wonder why other church(pentecostal,catholic,apostolic,anglican nd co)why do they discriminate jehovah witness,could it be that they are the ones whose doctrine are quit humanist than other church own.

There's no need for much talk here. If you really want to base your final decision about God based on the bible, you really need to really hear the bible itself. That's why I recommend JW.

You can start by visiting their website on my signature.
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by hopefulLandlord: 2:53am On Jul 02, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

I just told you by faith . Do you understand English at all ?

There are close to 5,000 religions not gods . Some gods were made out of ignorance while the eternal creator has different concepts developed by different religions .

There is only one true God - Yahweh , Yeshua and Ruach Hakodesh

yeah, I'm sure you "know for sure" Allah is created out of ignorance
Vishnu was created out of ignorance
Buddha was created out of ignorance
only the god of the English (that colonised you) was not created out of ignorance
because you "have faith", sounds as dumb as it gets
you haven't tried those 3 gods but you're sure they're not the one true God because you "have faith" that they're not
I would always ask Christians why they're sure Their God is the one true God and not Allah
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by Nobody: 3:04am On Jul 02, 2016
iamDiabolic:
I didn't fall under the so called anointing cause it wasn't real,its all scam,can u imagine the pastor pushing me,even when I attended deeper life church in second school I was never gullible,not to talk of falling for one annointing,I have been excersing faith all this year but your God is so slow,we can't believe what we don't see man.
Except from bible verses do u have a scientic or philosophical evidence to proof God existence
your mind is made up! cry
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by Nobody: 5:12am On Jul 02, 2016
iamDiabolic:

Good morning.

I have read your post with interest, and it did stimulate my interest as some of your experiences mirror mine from a period of my Chirstian walk.

Let's start with your comment at the beginning...

Here is where your problem lies...

YOU WANT A GOD THAT YOU CAN SEE AND FEEL.

In other words....you want an idol. You are......an idol worshiper.

Sorry if I annoyed you, but that is your concept of God. And the fact is....God, who created this Universe wherein our planet rotates around its sun....one of billion billions of stars in this Universe....and a host of other Universes....is far beyond your conception or mine.

You want a vision, and an experience of God....because...you want to be like your friends and you want to feel that you have had a ''wonderful experience'' that you would somehow boast about from time to time.(Yeah, I really felt the power of God).

That is not how God works.

If God gave every Christian a ''vision, dream and personal physical manifestation'' every day...and He could....a time would come when your concept of God would be limited to what you can see or hear about Him.

That is why, in my opinion, Chirst spent just 33 years on Earth.....because He did not want his followers concept of God to be limited to just what they could see or hear with their eyes.

My advice to you is that you should stop chasing after the experience....and start chasing after God. Start by praying that God helps and guides you to chase after him. You do not need a personal experience of God....you need God.

That is my advice to you.

(I wasted several years of my Christian life looking for a powerful experience/vision/ etc.....and in the process stunted my Christian growth).

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Christians In Lagos Pray For Fire In A House To Stop (Video) / Our Dangerous Prayers, Using Holy Ghost Fire As A Weapon Of Destruction / Primate Ayodele 2021 Prophecy: I Foresee Calamity In The New Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.