Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,788 members, 7,831,549 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

I Wonder If There Is A God - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Wonder If There Is A God (38535 Views)

Sometimes I Wonder If Some Pastors Were Truely Called By GOD. / Many Besiege Akure To Consult ‘wonder Baby’ Born With Healing Powers / Could Prophet Mohammed Truly Be A God-sent? Pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by theEYe21(f): 10:00am On Jul 01, 2016
customize the facts to fit our map
If we have created a map where opportunity is everywhere, that’s what we will see. When our map is based on opportunity, we won’t view challenges as obstacles because that wouldn’t harmonize with our map. So we interpret the facts in a way that allows them to fit in with, and support, our internal map of reality.
Here’s the catch. For most people the way the map creates their reality on a day to day basis is completely outside of their conscious awareness. And because the process takes place on a subconscious level, they don’t see how they are creating their own reality. Instead of feeling like something they created, it seems like it’s coming from an external source.

2 Likes

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by theEYe21(f): 10:02am On Jul 01, 2016
The map is not reality!
We also create an emotional attachment to our map. It’s our personal version of what is real and we have a vested interest in verifying its accuracy. We want it to be real because it’s familiar, and that makes us feel safe and secure. This is why we are willing to distort, or even ignore, almost anything that might undermine our map.
Despite our best efforts though, sometimes our map of reality comes unraveled. Usually this involves emotionally charged events that don’t fit the map, and can’t be ignored. It’s like basing your map on a flat world, and then discovering you were wrong. Now your world doesn’t make sense anymore and your map falls apart.

1 Like

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by theEYe21(f): 10:03am On Jul 01, 2016
You are not the map
For personal growth to occur, the map needs to be redrawn from time to time. The reason this change feels scary is because most people don’t realize that it’s only a map. They feel like their actual reality is imploding. Like their life is coming completely unraveled.
What is actually happening is their map is being updated to include new information. Being aware that it’s just a map, and not actual reality, makes it much easier to just let it happen. We know that the old map no longer serves us, and that the new one will. But this awareness requires the acknowledgment that we are not the map, and that we create the map based on past beliefs.
New beliefs are the key to a better map
Updating our beliefs automatically changes our map. This is how we create a more pleasing version. When we systematically dismantle our limiting beliefs, and replace them with empowering beliefs, the topography of our map will conform.
When we replace self-doubtwith self-confidence, fear with curiosity, or pessimism with optimism, our map will rearrange itself to support those beliefs. The world around us will look and feel different, and we will be more comfortable with our place in it. We will have created a better internal map of reality.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:13am On Jul 01, 2016
iamDiabolic:
if hell is deterrent then it means we don't have any free will as claimed by most religious fellas,its just the case of ur pops telling you that ebuka stay at home don't go out,but you are also free to go out nd play.but have it at the back of ur mind that if you go outside ill punish u when am back,but if u stay in door ill buy ice cream nd pamper you.now bro don't mind me for using your name as example but can u tell me the free will in that,would u want to stay indoor knowing the enjoy that comes with staying indoor nd the punishment dat is tagged to going outdoor to play

Ah . I understand now . You are filled with misconceptions . Oh brother ! Free will is simply having the power of choice as a human . Free will is not concerned with the consequences of your actions . You have the choice to choose - the carte Blanche - and whatever the outcome of your choice is not concerned with free will . If you make a choice as a human - that's free will . If the choice is bad or good thats not the business of free will .

A deterrent discourages you from doing certain things , it guides you to make a good choice . Example :

People have dogs in their houses for security . Now the dog discourages burglars , robbers from breaking into the house - the dog is a deterrent . Now they have a choice - to go into the house or not . So to make a choice is exercising free will . The deterrent simply helps to obviate impending danger . Now if the deterrent fails to discourage and you face your consequence , nobody should be blamed because you made the choice . If the dog bites you for breaking into the house , the owners of the house cannot be described as wicked . The person who committed the act is called foolish for making the choice when the consequence is bad .

Let's make it more perspicuous

The Nairaland ban is a deterrent , it is the consequence you face if you break any rule . The ban restricts your privileges as a user of this site for a limited time . I won't be able to engage in discussions and like a post . I am discouraged by the ban to break a rule. But I have a choice to make - FREEWILL - to break the rule or not . Now if I go against the rules , I get a ban . If I don't , I don't get a ban . The fact that a choice has to be made no matter the consequence is free will . Seun or any other mod is not wicked for banning me if I should break any rule.

Do you now understand ?

The pic below explains FREEWILL . The man Has two options - that's the ability which FREEWILL gives . The outcome of his choice is not freewill's business

9 Likes

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by iamDiabolic(m): 10:15am On Jul 01, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:
Being religious does not make you born again or mean you are living a life of rectitude . Prayer without works is meaningless and whatever you sow you reap . That means that even if you are an atheist and work hard , are sedulous , honest , you'd reap greatly . Being a Christian just makes it easier and better for you and your salvation is a ticket to eternal benisons .

Again , not going to church does not mean you don't believe in God . I think you should change your church since your church can't change you.
Work hard as a christian so all those pastors can start their charades and collect all your earnings from you as offering. I am not going to any church here. I don't think I have business there. My pops don't even waste his time going to church though he believes in God. It's only my mum and my siblings who are church freaks not me. I have attended different churches (in secondary school it was deeper life cause I attended a deeper life school), so I'll tell you man no difference. Going to church don't even make you free; it makes u restricted. All my homies who don't go to church live good life and free as a bird.

2 Likes

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:24am On Jul 01, 2016
iamDiabolic:
work hatd as a christian so all those pastors can start there charade nd collect all ur earning from u as offering,am not going to any church here I don't think I have business there,my pops don't even waste his time going to church though he belive's in God,its only my mum nd my siblings who are church freak not me.have attended diffrent church(in second skul it was deeper life cause I attended a deeper life skul),so ill tell u man no diffrence.going to church don't even make u free,it males u restricted,all my homies who doesn't go to church live good life nd free as a bird

There is no difference because you have never been a true born again . You are just a nominal Christian . You have never been on both sides so you can't tell the difference .

Your friends have chosen the life they want to live , it's their free will they are exercising . But are you ready to face the bad consequence with them later ? The worldly life is appealing , alluring but it leads to eternal destruction . Christ made it clear that we are not of this world neither should we pay so much attention to the desires of this world . The life on this transient world is momentary but the life thereafter is eternal , choose wisely , God gave you a brain for that.

4 Likes

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by Seun(m): 10:28am On Jul 01, 2016
herzern:
Because you chose not to believe him.......
You shouldn't choose to believe anything. You should believe things if you are convinced by evidence and reason that they are true and correct.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:35am On Jul 01, 2016
Seun:
You shouldn't choose to believe anything. You should believe things if you are convinced by evidence and reason that they are true and correct.

I am convinced by evidence and reason that God is true .

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by Nobody: 10:41am On Jul 01, 2016
I love Hindu..Jesus is not the only person that was born on Dec 25 many saviours like jesus are born on Dec 25 and have 12followers like jesus christ.....Jesus is the last SAVIOUR that i know....I AM THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD whats the meaning of that light? Not ordinary light we can see its the world of God....AND about the world which they say is going to an end i dont believe it THIS WORLD IS NOT ENDING ONLY THE PEOPLE IN THE WORLD WILL END
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by Nobody: 10:44am On Jul 01, 2016
Seun:
You see, op didn't fall under the anointing because of his unbelieve.... Simple.

God cannot lie, you have to exercise faith(absolute believe/hope in the of things you don't have evidence for) before he manifest himself to you......smiley.
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by herzern(m): 10:45am On Jul 01, 2016
Seun:

Mr Seun....can I ask yhu a question?....... If yes.......let me proceed.....

you know your mum...riqht?.....yhu often call her your mum........what are the evidences' to show she is your biological mother.....were you there when you were born...did yhu see the video of your birth......Please enlighten me

1 Like

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by Nobody: 10:50am On Jul 01, 2016
Foolish question
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by hopefulLandlord: 10:58am On Jul 01, 2016
dollyjuke:
Foolish question
very foolish since there's no proof for his existence

1 Like

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by hopefulLandlord: 11:04am On Jul 01, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

There is no difference because you have never been a true born again . You are just a nominal Christian . You have never been on both sides so you can't tell the difference .

Your friends have chosen the life they want to live , it's their free will they are exercising . But are you ready to face the bad consequence with them later ? The worldly life is appealing , alluring but it leads to eternal destruction . Christ made it clear that we are not of this world neither should we pay so much attention to the desires of this world . The life on this transient world is momentary but the life thereafter is eternal , choose wisely , God gave you a brain for that.

Choose wisely? how do you know you've chosen wisely?

There are over 5000 gods being worshipped

I'm sure you "know for sure" that you are worshipping the right god

same thing a Muslim would say, same thing a Hindu would say

but never mind, they're all wrong and only you are right

9 Likes

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by hopefulLandlord: 11:08am On Jul 01, 2016
iamDiabolic:
most christians worship god because of the fear of hell,if 2day chritians nd muslim had prove beyond reasonable doubt that there is no hell,most of them gonna denounce that dictator called yahweh

truth has been spoken
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by hahn(m): 11:16am On Jul 01, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Hahn , is this your new account. This guy sounds like you . If God does answer your prayers , you are obviously living in sin . Some people's prayers don't get answered because they are filled with sin - it is clearly written in your bible . That's why it feels like you are talking to yourself , you are spiritually empty and indeed you are talking to yourself .

Oh, shut it. If I even have alternate monikers, they belong to my businesses. Get with the program. Jehovah doesn't exist tongue

2 Likes

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by iamDiabolic(m): 11:28am On Jul 01, 2016
dollyjuke:
Foolish question
yes foolish question indeed,cause I was asking about someone who never exist,that's what makes it foolish
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:33am On Jul 01, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

Choose wisely? how do you know you've chosen wisely?

There are over 5000 gods being worshipped

I'm sure you "know for sure" that you are worshipping the right god

same thing a Muslim would say, same thing a Hindu would say

but never mind, they're all wrong and only you are right

Isn't that what faith is all about ? The difference between you and I is that I rejected the other gods and chose God while you rejected the every god what so ever . Where is the evidence that you have made the right choice?

But never mind , we are all wrong and you are right

1 Like

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by iamDiabolic(m): 11:33am On Jul 01, 2016
aaronson:
Op, I'm glad about your write up and that's was how 70% atheist started out being atheist.

The phase were you at is "questioning phase" and believe you me, it's a point of no return, Why?

Intelligence is gathered through questioning then getting answers or no answer would leave you determining if you want to develop your intelligent mind or remain stuck, which I believe you don't, that's why you gonna eventually turn atheist. Welcome in advance.

To answer your second question.

If there was a God, Predestination can't be altered by men for instance, If God created Adam in the garden of Eden with the knowledge he was gonna eat out of the forbidden tree? Why did he then banished Adam and Eve for offense he already know they would commit? Or if didn't know they gonna commit that sin, that would also mean he's not an all knowing God.

Either ways, you could determine that predestination is cut short by God he also made mistake for creating man because he caused his creation and sent them out the garden
I wonder why he would create Satan when he knew he would tempt adam and eve to eat the forbidden fruit. Is he not omniscient? He should have known that Satan would tempt Eve and both Adam and Eve would fall for it. Why did he still have to plant the forbidden tree? Doesn't that make him wicked? To crown it all he banished and cursed them for being disobedient after he has planned with Satan to tempt Adam and Eve. God must be a dictator.

2 Likes

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:38am On Jul 01, 2016
hahn:

Oh, shut it. If I even have alternate monikers, they belong to my businesses. Get with the program. Jehovah doesn't exist tongue

Is there any fact PRECLUDES God's existence ? Did you witness the genesis of the universe to ascertain the invalidity of God's existence ? Oh shut it and get with the program . You are close-minded .
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by iamDiabolic(m): 11:40am On Jul 01, 2016
JESUSBOIY:
You see, op didn't fall under the anointing because of his unbelieve.... Simple.

God cannot lie, you have to exercise faith(absolute believe/hope in the of things you don't have evidence for) before he manifest himself to you......smiley.
I didn't fall under the so called anointing cause it wasn't real,its all scam,can u imagine the pastor pushing me,even when I attended deeper life church in second school I was never gullible,not to talk of falling for one annointing,I have been excersing faith all this year but your God is so slow,we can't believe what we don't see man.
Except from bible verses do u have a scientic or philosophical evidence to proof God existence
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:41am On Jul 01, 2016
iamDiabolic:
I wonder why he would create satan when he knew he would tempt adam nd eve to eat the forbidden fruit,his he not omniscient,he should have known that satan would tempt eve nd both adam nd eve would fall for it,why did he still have to plant the forbidden tree,doesn't that make him wicked,to crown it all he banished nd cursed them for being disobidient after he has planned with satan to tempt adam nd eve,God must be a dictator

You have a penchant for making irrational conclusions . This must be one of the atheists that tell sneaky lies - that there were Christians and all , and want to become atheists .

You need to educate yourself man , a child can do better - I have to let you know
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by hopefulLandlord: 11:42am On Jul 01, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Isn't that what faith is all about ? The difference between you and I is that I rejected the other gods and chose God while you rejected the every god what so ever . Where is the evidence that you have made the right choice?

But never mind , we are all wrong and you are right

unlike you, there are agnostics who is just "not sure" there's god and even of there's god, which one of the 5000 gods is the true one?
so I ask you, what makes you so sure you're believing in the right god?
I'm sure you'll give answers that a Muslim or a Hindu would probably give too, like "personal relationship and contact"

the picture below says it all

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by iamDiabolic(m): 11:43am On Jul 01, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Is there any fact PRECLUDES God's existence ? Did you witness the genesis of the universe to ascertain the invalidity of God's existence ? Oh shut it and get with the program . You are close-minded .
did u also witness genesis of the universe,can u prove to me how God exist with scientific or philosophical evidence,I don't need bible verse proof.

Even the bible we carry is not the original bible,the original was burnt in old roman empire nd re-written by by some men for 1year or so under the guidiance of king james
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:44am On Jul 01, 2016
iamDiabolic:
I didn't fall under the so called anointing cause it wasn't real,its all scam,can u imagine the pastor pushing me,even when I attended deeper life church in second school I was never gullible,not to talk of falling for one annointing,I have been excersing faith all this year but your God is so slow,we can't believe what we don't see man.
Except from bible verses do u have a scientic or philosophical evidence to proof God existence

Stop the lies . Deeper life members don't "fall under anointing " in church services . I was once a member . My God see lie ooo . These atheists are really dangerous people

7 Likes

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:46am On Jul 01, 2016
iamDiabolic:
did u also witness genesis of the universe,can u prove to me how God exist with scientific or philosophical evidence,I don't need bible verse proof.

Even the bible we carry is not the original bible,the original was burnt in old roman empire nd re-written by by some men for 1year or so under the guidiance of king james

Please don't mention me again . You are a pathological liar . Stay away

1 Like

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:48am On Jul 01, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

unlike you, there are agnostics who is just "not sure" there's god and even of there's god, which one of the 5000 gods is the true one?
so I ask you, what makes you so sure you're believing in the right god?
I'm sure you'll give answers that a Muslim or a Hindu would probably give too, like "personal relationship and contact"

the picture below says it all

You have not conversed with me before , right ? Hehehe . What makes you so sure that there is no God ?
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by hahn(m): 11:49am On Jul 01, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Oh, it's existence can't be ascertained in the present. That is all I need. The sun is even more real than your imaginary friend. Talking about being close minded, you believe one religion out of 4,200 is the true religion and you also believe that one denomination, the one you are presently in, out of 330,000 is right. Oh, shut it and get with the program grin

1 Like

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by iamDiabolic(m): 11:49am On Jul 01, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

You have a penchant for making irrational conclusions . This must be one of the atheists that are tell sneaky lies - that there were Christians and all , and want to become atheists .

You need to educate yourself man , a child can do better - I have to let you know
save me all the preaching,av trued to educate myself spiritually nd through research,now tell me is God not omniscient,isn't he suppose to know that satan would tempt adam nd eve nd they would fall,why didn't he take precaution by not creating satan nd not planting the forbidden fruit.God knows all don't he,or did he just plan all the charade just to do perform his wicked wonders,u know he likes performing sick wonders

1 Like

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by iamDiabolic(m): 11:52am On Jul 01, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Stop the lies . Deeper life members don't "fall under anointing " in church services . I was once a member . My God see lie ooo . These atheists are really dangerous people
lol did I say the annointing service is during deeper life service,it was during on of all this apostolic church service.all deeper life do is bore me with there boring nd slow preachin especially every tuesday or is wednesday night.
Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by hahn(m): 11:54am On Jul 01, 2016
iamDiabolic:
lol did I say the annointing service is during deeper life service,it was during on of all this apostolic church service.all deeper life do is bore me with there boring nd slow preachin especially every tuesday or is wednesday night.

Bro, don't stress yourself. KingEbukasBlog is a troll wink

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Wonder If There Is A God by iamDiabolic(m): 11:54am On Jul 01, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Please don't mention me again . You are a pathological liar . Stay away
this is the excuse thiest give when they run out of point,google is always there for u to research about the history of bible,don't just believe everythung u hear make research nd stop being ignorant

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

2019 Election: Prophet Joshua Iginla Issues Fresh Prophetic Warning! / Pastor Tom Samson & His Hummer Limousine Storm Abeokuta / Female Pastor Ends Prayer As Member Asks For Anointing To Open Own Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.