Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,912 members, 7,863,147 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 12:14 PM

The Error Christians Commit About Family Duties - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Error Christians Commit About Family Duties (311 Views)

7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify / 7 Wifely Duties Nigerian Ladies Should Avoid With Their Boyfriends / This Is From Linda Ikeji Spot The Error (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Error Christians Commit About Family Duties by LegalIcon: 11:22am On Jul 01, 2016
1 Timothy 5:8 says 'But those wont care for their relatives,especially those in their own household,have denied the true faith. Such people are worse than unbelievers' This scripture is often used by women and their advocates to always argue that it the sole duty of a man to provide for his household. You will even hear young ladies saying "I cant marry him if he cant pay my bills" Please ask them,are they PHCN prepaid Meter? The above text sheds a lot of light on to the debates as to whether Apostle Paul in writing this epistle to Timothy actually gave this instruction to men or to both men and women. The Bible here is simply saying that anyone who has the ability to cater for his or her household/family and refuses, has denied, embarrassed or brought shame to the name of God,Christianity and his/her own relationship with God through Jesus Christ. Therefore, it is correct to say that this instruction is for everyone who is in a position to cater for their family. Some married women prefer to wait for their husbands before they buy even food condiments and toiletries,despite having money to buy same. Some will not mind having their wards being sent away from their schools for failure to pay their fees. Why wait for your hubby to pay for everything when you have the ability to do so ?. Some who earn more than their husbands even prefer that their husbands will go borrowing always so as to meet family needs. They forget that they became one with their husbands the day they were joined in holy matrimony. Ladies should periodically study proverbs 31 to gauge their commitment to their spouses. A lady was recently being cautioned to stop insisting that her husband has died,despite the fact that some people know her husband. Her reason is because her husband is a drunk and dangerously irresponsible. A man who fails to provide for his household is worse than an unbeliever. Such man is wicked and should not have any business with marriage. Why would man who willingly chose to marry begin to abandon his wife and children after marriage. Such men easily forget the numerous promises they made to their spouses during courtship and when they took the marriage vows before God and his people. The money they are supposed to give to their family is being given to side chicks,concubines,children of their mistresses etc. Some men are father Christmas outside but wont provide for their household. Also,there are those who treat their house maids or people living with them like slaves. According to the text we read, people living with us are members of our house hold that we must cater for as well as our parents.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Error Christians Commit About Family Duties by KnightRod(m): 11:35am On Jul 01, 2016
I admire this.. I like how the write up first gives the base, and instruction to believers from apostle paul about caring for the family..

Stating it isn't just the duty of the man.. But both man and wife, because they've become one, having been joined in holy matrimony.

I also like how the need for a man to duly provide for his family, not forgetting his vows/promises made at the feet of God/the Alter.. All that directed at the man because he's the head of the family..

This is really useful, and I think everyone should read this..

Good work OP!

(1) (Reply)

Best 5 Ways On How You Can Put Your Family Unit Back On Top / President With Atleast 7degree Reads Dat High Rise Books On Women / Unbreakable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.