Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,444 members, 7,816,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

Evangelist Arrested As NDLEA Seizes 165KG Of Drugs In Lagos (photos) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Evangelist Arrested As NDLEA Seizes 165KG Of Drugs In Lagos (photos) (27393 Views)

Grandpa Nabbed As NDLEA Uncovers 280 Bags Of Weed Inside Ceiling (photo) / Evangelist Arrested For Detaining ‘Witches’ In Ghana / South African-Based Evangelist Arrested With Cocaine In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Evangelist Arrested As NDLEA Seizes 165KG Of Drugs In Lagos (photos) by ijustdey: 5:49pm On Jul 01, 2016
"I am very happy with the success recorded in this operation. The Agency will remain painstaking and professional in the fight against illicit drug production, trafficking and abuse. We hope to unmask the drug syndicate behind this shipment and make more arrests soon."

Operatives of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) are interrogating a South Africa based evangelist over 165kgs of narcotics drugs seized at Apapa Seaport, Lagos. The 92kgs of methamphetamine and 73kgs of ephedrine were detected inside two containers of foodstuff meant for export to South Africa. The arrest and seizure is a product on intense undercover operation by the NDLEA. The estimated street value of the drugs is 1.4 billion naira.

Chairman/Chief Executive of the NDLEA, Col. Muhammad Mustapha Abdallah (retd.) said that the seizure has significant influence on the campaign against narcotic drugs and psychotropic substances.

In his words, "this is a product of careful planning and meticulous tracking of narcotic drugs movement. The consignments were closely monitored by our undercover agents and intercepted at Apapa Seaport, Lagos following the detection of narcotics by NDLEA sniffer dogs during screening operation. This will definitely have a positive influence on Nigeria's drug control efforts".'

The NDLEA boss added that the Agency will remain meticulous in detecting drugs and prosecuting offenders. "I am very happy with the success recorded in this operation. The Agency will remain painstaking and professional in the fight against illicit drug production, trafficking and abuse. We hope to unmask the drug syndicate behind this shipment and make more arrests soon," Abdallah promised.

The drugs were hidden inside packs of melon concealed in foodstuff and cosmetics such as Gari (cassava flakes), noodles, Knorr and Maggi food seasoning, yam powder, Malt drinks, pepper, Milk, Herbal Hair Cream and Golden Morn cereals. Other items in the container are Damatol Hair Cream, bags of Melon, Kegs of palm oil, Beans, Biscuits, Sardine and Cartons of Orijin bitters.

During examination of the containers marked MSKU 388274-1 and MSKU 424717-0; anti-narcotic officials detected 20kg of Methamphetamine and 50kg of Ephedrine inside the first container and 72Kg of Methamphetamine and 23Kg of Ephedrine in the second container. The total weight of the drugs is 165kgs.

Officers successfully traced the illicit consignment to a fifty-two year old man who claimed to be an evangelist by name John Vincent Arinze who was arrested in his hotel room in Lagos. A Mercedes Benz Jeep belonging to him was also impounded at the time of arrest. The suspect hails from Ara village, Nise in Awka South Local Government Area of Anambra State. John who had lived in South Africa for over a decade accepted ownership of the illicit shipment.

The suspect in his statement said that he made a big mistake by taking over the business of his late wife. "I am an evangelist living in Durban South Africa. My late wife was into drug trafficking before she died a few years ago. I made a mistake venturing into her business. It is all my fault," he stated.
He will soon be charged to court.

Ofoyeju Mitchell
Head, Public Affairs

http://saharareporters.com/2016/07/01/evangelist-arrested-ndlea-seizes-165kg-drugs-lagos

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Evangelist Arrested As NDLEA Seizes 165KG Of Drugs In Lagos (photos) by ijustdey: 5:51pm On Jul 01, 2016
Pics three is when they are trying to open the container....

God bless NDLEA for this arrest

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evangelist Arrested As NDLEA Seizes 165KG Of Drugs In Lagos (photos) by HungerBAD: 5:51pm On Jul 01, 2016
Man Of God?

These guys should stop embarrassing the Christian domain.

All these name checkers on Nairaland,should please take it easy on this man.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evangelist Arrested As NDLEA Seizes 165KG Of Drugs In Lagos (photos) by BashMe1(m): 5:55pm On Jul 01, 2016
Yeye dey smell... cry

1 Like

Re: Evangelist Arrested As NDLEA Seizes 165KG Of Drugs In Lagos (photos) by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jul 01, 2016
BashMe1:
Yeye dey smell... cry
Re: Evangelist Arrested As NDLEA Seizes 165KG Of Drugs In Lagos (photos) by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jul 01, 2016
ijustdey:

"I am very happy with the success recorded in this operation. The Agency will remain painstaking and professional in the fight against illicit drug production, trafficking and abuse. We hope to unmask the drug syndicate behind this shipment and make more arrests soon."

http://saharareporters.com/2016/07/01/evangelist-arrested-ndlea-seizes-165kg-drugs-lagos

Methamphetamine and 50kg of Ephedrine inside the first container and 72Kg of Methamphetamine and 23Kg of Ephedrine
They sound like medicine. Are they?
Re: Evangelist Arrested As NDLEA Seizes 165KG Of Drugs In Lagos (photos) by dre11(m): 6:14pm On Jul 01, 2016
fifty-two year old man who claimed to be an evangelist by name John Vincent Arinze who was arrested in his hotel room in Lagos

Why had this man bring shame to his fatherland first and his native land also....

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Evangelist Arrested As NDLEA Seizes 165KG Of Drugs In Lagos (photos) by kulobyno: 6:17pm On Jul 01, 2016
too bad

1 Like

Re: Evangelist Arrested As NDLEA Seizes 165KG Of Drugs In Lagos (photos) by kulobyno: 6:18pm On Jul 01, 2016
too bad
Re: Evangelist Arrested As NDLEA Seizes 165KG Of Drugs In Lagos (photos) by Taryur3(m): 6:25pm On Jul 01, 2016
Everyone seeking a way out of this hardship.this not a real evangelist o
Re: Evangelist Arrested As NDLEA Seizes 165KG Of Drugs In Lagos (photos) by AdemolaA2: 6:25pm On Jul 01, 2016
Jesus is Lorrrrrrrrd. What a shame ..kudos to the NDLEA officials...hardwork pays and no short cut to lasting success!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Evangelist Arrested As NDLEA Seizes 165KG Of Drugs In Lagos (photos) by dammytosh: 6:25pm On Jul 01, 2016
Bad
Re: Evangelist Arrested As NDLEA Seizes 165KG Of Drugs In Lagos (photos) by Mopolchi: 6:26pm On Jul 01, 2016
hmmm pastor wan hammer by all means.

1 Like

Re: Evangelist Arrested As NDLEA Seizes 165KG Of Drugs In Lagos (photos) by Zico5(m): 6:26pm On Jul 01, 2016
Na dem, na dem. I know it can never be no one else. The lost tribe of Jew, the developers of Pakistan, oman, Brazil, UAE and lagos. They are the most hardworking people in Nigeria and not yet the richest. Pleeeeeese many likes for them

120 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Evangelist Arrested As NDLEA Seizes 165KG Of Drugs In Lagos (photos) by nextstep(m): 6:27pm On Jul 01, 2016
165kg... wow! shocked
street value 1.4 billion naira. wow! I wonder how much of forex we get from drug trade. We should add this to the GDP na.

As an aside, one of the goods being exported is Cassava flakes... just add water grin

12 Likes

Re: Evangelist Arrested As NDLEA Seizes 165KG Of Drugs In Lagos (photos) by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jul 01, 2016
Officers successfully traced the illicit consignment to a fifty-two year old man who claimed to be an evangelist by name [size=14pt]John Vincent Arinze[/size] who was arrested in his hotel room in Lagos. A Mercedes Benz Jeep belonging to him was also impounded at the time of arrest. The suspect hails from Ara village, Nise in Awka South Local Government Area of Anambra State. John who had lived in South Africa for over a decade accepted ownership of the illicit shipment.

Oh yeah.. from the land of the rising druggies.

Lol even Bono wasn't surprised grin grin cheesy

102 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Evangelist Arrested As NDLEA Seizes 165KG Of Drugs In Lagos (photos) by 0955eb027(m): 6:28pm On Jul 01, 2016
I'm kinda happy him though, cos if he succeeds in getting it to S.A, his jail time will be measured by dipping hands into GLUE and in turn, into sack of MILLETS. The nos of millets glued to the hand will be the nos of years he is gonna spend in jail.

4 Likes

Re: Evangelist Arrested As NDLEA Seizes 165KG Of Drugs In Lagos (photos) by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jul 01, 2016
Evangelist Ogbologbo!!!
Re: Evangelist Arrested As NDLEA Seizes 165KG Of Drugs In Lagos (photos) by Generalkorex(m): 6:28pm On Jul 01, 2016
Na wa o.what if
what if
i mean what if the stuff landed in SA successfully
the so called evangelist would be celebrating by now o.

3 Likes

Re: Evangelist Arrested As NDLEA Seizes 165KG Of Drugs In Lagos (photos) by Beremx(f): 6:29pm On Jul 01, 2016
Make i check name first....

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evangelist Arrested As NDLEA Seizes 165KG Of Drugs In Lagos (photos) by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jul 01, 2016
Lol we've become so used to Gigbo drug-related news that Yoruba tribalists don't even feast on them anymore grin cheesy

29 Likes

Re: Evangelist Arrested As NDLEA Seizes 165KG Of Drugs In Lagos (photos) by wellmax(m): 6:30pm On Jul 01, 2016
Lalastilala just imagine...

This man lost his wife to drug trafficking, yet continued he in the act. Its like its in their family blood.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evangelist Arrested As NDLEA Seizes 165KG Of Drugs In Lagos (photos) by ever811(m): 6:31pm On Jul 01, 2016
;DOK.. good job. the name though...

1 Like

Re: Evangelist Arrested As NDLEA Seizes 165KG Of Drugs In Lagos (photos) by januzaj(m): 6:31pm On Jul 01, 2016
Officers successfully traced the illicit consignment to a fifty-two year old man who claimed to be an evangelist by name John Vincent Arinze who was arrested in his hotel room in Lagos
After checking the name

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Evangelist Arrested As NDLEA Seizes 165KG Of Drugs In Lagos (photos) by AdemolaA2: 6:32pm On Jul 01, 2016
Your wife was into the illicit business before her demise and you, a fake evangelist took over the business and you got caught .. your cup is full .. pls carry your can alone and rot in jail after your sentence greedy old man !!!

13 Likes

Re: Evangelist Arrested As NDLEA Seizes 165KG Of Drugs In Lagos (photos) by lewisege: 6:32pm On Jul 01, 2016
tongue Na one by one GOD go dy catch una.

8 Likes

Re: Evangelist Arrested As NDLEA Seizes 165KG Of Drugs In Lagos (photos) by tolexy007(m): 6:32pm On Jul 01, 2016
let me book space b4 I check name

1 Like

Re: Evangelist Arrested As NDLEA Seizes 165KG Of Drugs In Lagos (photos) by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jul 01, 2016
My brothers

37 Likes

Re: Evangelist Arrested As NDLEA Seizes 165KG Of Drugs In Lagos (photos) by VIPERVENOM(m): 6:33pm On Jul 01, 2016
r
Re: Evangelist Arrested As NDLEA Seizes 165KG Of Drugs In Lagos (photos) by Islie: 6:33pm On Jul 01, 2016
why

The suspect in his statement said that he made a big mistake by taking over the business of his late wife. "I am an evangelist living in Durban South Africa. My late wife was into drug trafficking before she died a few years ago. I made a mistake venturing into her business.

drug business runs in their family blood that's why he had to follow his wife footsteps

26 Likes

Re: Evangelist Arrested As NDLEA Seizes 165KG Of Drugs In Lagos (photos) by yordha(m): 6:33pm On Jul 01, 2016
Its realy sad the wey the title "pastor, prophet and evangelists" are being tainted daily on social media, mostly in crime stories.
I mean, i can call myself any name, nickname or give myself any title but that doesn't make me what i claim to be. Christians need to start standing up against impersonators that like to drag our good name to the mud.
Even p*rnstars dress like nuns to shoot thier scences but that doesn't make them one.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Danfo Driver Almost Strip Bribe-Seeking Policeman Unclad During A Fight In Lagos / The 17 People Killed In Benue By Fulani Herdsmen (Disturbing Photos) / 17-Year-Old Girl Stabs Her Foster Mother To Death In Ondo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.