Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,768 members, 7,865,991 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 09:40 AM

Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) - TV/Movies (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) (155152 Views)

Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread / Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! / Big Brother Africa 4 Past Winners(how Much Are They Worth) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (190) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by jemilady: 10:43pm On Oct 07, 2009
Well my advise is to be on the safe side people should continue to vote for both, because the original position did not say that.
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by soloqy: 10:43pm On Oct 07, 2009
ella.b:

@soloqy,
pls ans dis.re u sure our vote isnt regarded one?im Getin scared already.lookin at d polls it seems kev has d least chance of being saved.

which polls are you looking at? Kevin is still 1% ahead and eliza is about 10% ahead of Yacob.

But those polls are not official. They are just opinion polls. If people vote the polls and dont vote their favs on the official voting site, which is www.mnetafrica.com/bigbrother/vote/ , their housemates will lose.

The polls are not full-proof. The polls had Paloma surviving the eviction but she was evicted.

Your best bet is to vote Kevin and Eliza at the official voting site.
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by soloqy: 10:46pm On Oct 07, 2009
@jemilady,

Thats why i am having a feeling its going to be a fake eviction.

Some lawyers can make real noise about it if someone gets evicted because of another perosn.
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by Gunnergal: 10:50pm On Oct 07, 2009
Nkenna the adviser is at work again!Got this from the BBA website:

Nkenna tells Itai, her Comrade in Arms, that he needs to start thinking about befriending Kevin and Jeremy. She tells her that he has distanced himself from the stronger people in the House [/b]and chose to spend time with Yacob, Hannington and Edward.

Nkenna tells Itai that he is very intelligent but needs to think more about what his strategy is. Nkenna also tells him that he has changed and is not as friendly as he used to be. [b]Nkenna says that her strategy in the House
is to be friends with everybody. She says that she avoided a fight with Jeremy because she did not want to be isolated.

Nkenna also tells Itai that the girls feel sorry for her because she is partnered with Itai. Itai is shocked by this and asks what Geraldine thinks. Nkenna says Geraldine also agrees.
smiley smiley
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by jemilady: 10:56pm On Oct 07, 2009
My issue really is why is it that year after year the composition of the countries for BBA is 2 West African Countries and now 9 SADC countries. The voting pattern is one country one votes, so at the end of the day MNET just rips us off.

There has to be a way of addressing this, if they cannot change the voting pattern, then they must make it a simple majority.
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by lindabon: 11:04pm On Oct 07, 2009
jemilady:

I don't want to be a prophet of doom, but if Elizabeth gets the lowest votes and is evicted Kevin would also be evicted. Out of all the three housemates (all Average), only Kevin seems to have a little potential.

But that is not even my gross, I sent a complaint mail to dstv on the formula, it just doesn't make sense. Why would you evict someone for another persons sins, did they come to the house together.

Another problem is this issue of one country one vote really disadvantages Nigeria becos we have only two West Africa countries participating, while SADC countries are 9 and each year DSTV just rips us off.

I am wandering if there is a way of getting this addressed

i tink its best bigbrother is done within countries, than making it continental. the kind of beef and hatred that people outburst to countries is enough to cause a continental war. my advise is nigerians should stop auditioning for the show.its no use. we are only used to make molla as usual and thats it. no way a nigerian wil win dt tin cald BBA. if they do, he/she will be shot dead as he is getting his hands on the money pot life, and right there on the stage.
plus, no matter how horrible a rep for 9ja wil be on the show, i stil cant help but vote the person to stay. i honestly cant help the sentiment. cuz honestly, kevin annoys but i'm still going like "KEVIN ALL THE WAY"! though i prefer him to yacob and co 4now, but not for that cash. bigbrother nigeria was ok apart 4rm the constant use of Vernacular and the over lovitima that was in the air. but firsts things first- gat to go VOTE KEVINBETH!
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by lindabon: 11:23pm On Oct 07, 2009
rewinding to the last eviction, i stil wonder how edward, upon having 2other countrymates in the line 4eviction(which of cos implies that his country wil be voting the three of them dividedly) stil managed to out run paloma, whose country wil b voting their ONLY hm up 4eviction. baffles me though? i know other countries are invloved in the voting as well, but that does'nt mean much.
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by allycat: 11:46pm On Oct 07, 2009
Maybe we should start a campaign so that no nigerian is ever allowed to BBA again. If MNET cannot spend money and do BBN they should make mney from their SADC countries and co. The whole competition is now looking like a Nigeria bashing show. Can I really blame those people writing rubish, at 49 we are looking to countries much younger to provide us with cable and interesting programmes. We have a population of over 140 million. In America the programme with the best ratings gets only 3 million viewers and they are smilling to the bank. If we had good TV here wetin consign us with SA TV. Aka BIg Brother South Africa.
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by lindabon: 11:50pm On Oct 07, 2009
soloqy:

@jemilady,

Thats why i am having a feeling its going to be a fake eviction.

Some lawyers can make real noise about it if someone gets evicted because of another perosn.

i dont think its fake. if it is, viewers would'nt have bin asked to vote. cos most people actually vote via sms which requires money , and if in the end it turns out to be fake, hmmmm,  they would have to refund the fake money people used to cast their fake votes. likewise,they wil also return the strength i wasted on the fake eviction and in cash  grin grin grin grin
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by Talis(f): 11:56pm On Oct 07, 2009
@ Lindabon, true talk! I remember that when Phill was evicted, we were shown a break down of the number of countries that didnt vote for him. But it wasnt the same when Paloma and others were evicted,
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by soloqy: 12:03am On Oct 08, 2009
lindabon:

i dont think its fake. if it is, viewers would'nt have bin asked to vote. cos most people actually vote via sms which requires money , and if in the end it turns out to be fake, hmmmm,  they would have to refund the fake money people used to cast their fake votes. likewise,they wil also return the strength i wasted on the fake eviction and in cash  grin grin grin grin

There have been fake evictions in the past seasons where people also voted
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by funkybaby(f): 12:04am On Oct 08, 2009
http://www.mnetafrica.com/bigbrother/Video/BrowseVideo.aspx?ChannelId=39&vid=19444

nkenna again
angry angry angry
when did she turn to a hairdresser. . . . giving advice about dreadlocks?

all the time ''do you understand'', ''do you understand''.
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by soloqy: 12:10am On Oct 08, 2009
Kevin is right now involving everyone in his business and feelings for Eliza.

What school of toasting did this dude attend?

angry  . Eliza says thats why she doesnt take him seriously
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by lindabon: 12:12am On Oct 08, 2009
soloqy:

There have been fake evictions in the past seasons where people also voted

really!wat a money making strategy!thank God i vote feel online, cos if i vote via sms and they drop that joke say'n its fake, hmmm, i go curse big brother die . . . .
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by sultan003(m): 12:32am On Oct 08, 2009
I hope this romance of a thing that kevin is playing is just a game plan, and why is he involving ppl,
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by GTay(m): 10:52am On Oct 08, 2009
The full gist of the KELIZ Drama grin grin grin (http://www.mnetafrica.com/bigbrother/Article/?ID=680)

Kevin asks Elizabeth whether she is getting close to him. Elizabeth says she is, as a friend and Comrade in Arms. Kevin suggests that Elizabeth and him join beds. Elizabeth says she has a man and cannot be sharing a bed with a man in the House.

Kevin says that the man is not in the House (which he refers to as Jericho) and that while they are here they could try something out. Elizabeth says that she would never do that to her man.

Emma tells Kevin that Elizabeth does not take him seriously because he always seems like he is joking. Kevin says that everyone in the House see him as a joke and he does not like it.

Kevin asks Emma whether her and Jeremy are those kinds of friends. Emma tells Kevin that neither herself or Jeremy have a partner outside the House.

Mzamo joins the conversation as "the lawyer" and asks Kevin what kind of relationship he would like with Elizabeth. He says: "I want to be your lover, your brother, your friend, your everything."

Mzamo, the lawyer, asks Elizabeth if she is physically attracted to Kevin. She says: "Not at all". They all burst out laughing and Kevin seems embarrassed. Nkenna asks Elizabeth to be a little big gentle with Kevin.

Elizabeth says that even if she did not have a boyfriend she might or might not date him.
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by omohwunmmy: 12:17pm On Oct 08, 2009
am so sad becos kevin has to pay for being a nigerian with eviction. am doing my share in building the nation, still voting kevin!
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by GTay(m): 12:51pm On Oct 08, 2009
omohwunmmy:

am so sad becos kevin has to pay for being a nigerian with eviction. am doing my share in building the nation, still voting kevin!

I dont agree 100% with you
Yeah some Nigerian Haters out there will not vote for him. But do not forget there are still a number of neutrals out there who will vote for HMs only on merits. Kevin is currently not doing himself any favors of recent with some of his controversial statements (like when he called kristal an albino, like when he said 'dont trust me, i'm a nigerian undecided , like when he tells nkenna to be more western and stop supporting naija music etc)

I hope he survives sunday though. But if he doesnt i'm sure he'll wish he did/said some things a little differently!
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by soloqy: 1:00pm On Oct 08, 2009
He will survive sunday. And from then, he will be on his own(If he doesnt change some things).

I wont go through this again.

The naija in me couldnt stay and watch other countries hate on naija.

Its like watching some ppl beating up on your bro or sis and you remain indifferent.
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by omohwunmmy: 1:17pm On Oct 08, 2009
@soloqy i agree with u. i have stopped reading that strap becos i cant understand why pple hate naija so much. kevin is not on his best behaviour becos he doesnt know he is up for eviction.
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by GTay(m): 1:33pm On Oct 08, 2009
We should not take the SMS straps so seriously gosh!

Do you know that every HM gets bashed on the SMS Strap,

Hanington, Hairyton, Smellington (I mean seriously what can be worse than this)
Yacob , YaCOUP (for his scheming), Lazy Bones
Kevin, Midget (lol@ when som1 said kevin needs a ladder to fight Yacob during the boxing game)
Nkenna , Bush Woman
Paloma, Hipppo (lol@ when som1 said 'paloma cannot win, BBA, becos Hippos dont win'
Itai, Snake
Kaone, Caveman; (pple say he's there to eat; becos he has no food back at home lol)
Liz, fish lips
Elizabeth , Spotface

I mean just laugh over it and enjoy the show!
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by lindabon: 3:07pm On Oct 08, 2009
the reasons why many countries hate nigerians are numerous grin. but right now,e no be my concern sha. , back 2 voting!
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by naijagal(f): 3:17pm On Oct 08, 2009
yeah we laff over it and enjoy the show but i think the patriotic streak in us will not allow us to let people insult us without cause.

why r we so hated? why r we so despised? is it even worth all dis emotional stress self i mean its a game but some of us r beginning to take it personal cos when someone calls ur reps all sorts of vulgar and nasty names, to me its like u r insulting my family member.

i will always try to be civil and respect myself and my country but men am getting disheartened tired of defending myself and d reps cos we r nigerians. and its not just bba dats causing dat angry

oooh, i feel light headed after dat outburst
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by GTay(m): 3:36pm On Oct 08, 2009
naijagal:

why r we so hated? why r we so despised? is it even worth all dis emotional stress self i mean its a game but some of us r beginning to take it personal cos when someone calls your reps all sorts of vulgar and nasty names, to me its like u r insulting my family member.

One of the reasons (asides corruption) is becos nigerians brag too much, (about everytin, Soccer, Population, Giant of Africa this, Giant of Africa that, Swagga this, Swagga that etc),
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by GTay(m): 3:45pm On Oct 08, 2009
lol @ Nkenna

'I want to be Head of House so i can stay longer in the house, from my point of view people do not like Itai so i'm afraid he may drag me down next week since we dont move at the same pace'

We just have to wait and see if your dreams can come true tomorrow my dear Nkenna
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by dominique(f): 4:53pm On Oct 08, 2009
grin grin grin NKENNA ONLY IN YA DREAMS OLODO tongue

@Gtay
continuation of negative analyses of hms by evil viewers
Geralidine= mute
Quinn= weasel
Liz=coconut (black on the outside, white on the inside)

those strap messages makes the channel worth watching cheesy
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by omohwunmmy: 5:12pm On Oct 08, 2009
just voted for kevin. i hope it counts for something. pls do d same.
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by GTay(m): 5:14pm On Oct 08, 2009
dominique:

those strap messages makes the channel worth watching cheesy

You're just like me, those HMs can be boring at times and the SMS straps is what puts a smile on my face most times

Yacob - Spinelessman
Hanington - Black Jesus ( angry)
Kevin - Goblin

I mean who are these guys sending these krazy sms's.  wink
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by naijagal(f): 7:26pm On Oct 08, 2009
keep wondering why the camera stays on nkenna for so long embarassed she just wont stop talking.
now she wants to melt candles to create some sort of medals to give away tomorrow and who r her assistants? gerry and leo
nuff said grin
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by lindabon: 7:33pm On Oct 08, 2009
mehn d dis emma's voice sef dey sumhw  undecided .d the voice dey scratch me 4ear.
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by lindabon: 7:50pm On Oct 08, 2009
just watched nkenna's commercial for bigbrother.eh, i hate using foul words so i comment my reserve. she reminds me of some hyper kids in d nursery
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by dominique(f): 7:51pm On Oct 08, 2009
Just tuned to d bba channel and saw nkenna doin some wild dance, i flipped channels so fast i found maself on NTA. . .i cant stand dat gal y'all
meanwhile, kev has bn keeping a low profile since yesterday's humiliation. Methinks its best 4 him to stay that way for now.

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (190) (Reply)

Gulder Ultimate Search 2021 Live Updates (Season 12) / Ultimate Love Reality Show 2020 Thread / Avatar; The Legend Of Korra....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.