Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,827 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

Can We Have A Revolution In Nigeria ? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can We Have A Revolution In Nigeria ? (3680 Views)

Ugwuanyi Pioneers Industrial Revolution In Enugu / Mr. Peter Obi's Speech: Is He Championing A Revolution? / Nigeria Needs A Revolution - Pastor Tunde Bakare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can We Have A Revolution In Nigeria ? by babyfaceafrica: 1:29pm On Jul 02, 2016
cindybella101:

I know its treason but if getting me jailed will lead to Nigeria being better I will gladly do it. Who knows maybe if I get arrested, It might add voice to the revolution wink
you don't know what you are saying
Re: Can We Have A Revolution In Nigeria ? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:30pm On Jul 02, 2016
modath:
Op.

I am in support, treason or no treason,e nor concern me...

This thing (forced unity) isn't working and will never work but i don't want to die, how we go do am? smiley
Ypu must lead from the from...

The zoo must fall grin
Re: Can We Have A Revolution In Nigeria ? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:33pm On Jul 02, 2016
cindybella101:

Their is sense in what victorvexz said in his post. No need having a revolution when a new government can take over in four years but now the question is going to be how to do that ? I have heard about the youth Democratic party sometimes ago I don't know how serious they are and the caliber of people there, maybe we as youths can look unto the party and see if they hold the answer to our problem.
What do you think ?
Honestly, revolution is inevitable
Re: Can We Have A Revolution In Nigeria ? by cindybella101(f): 1:36pm On Jul 02, 2016
Victorvexz:
Revolution cannot occur in Nigeria because Nigeria is a democratic country, where there change of government and policies every four years. So what is the need of revolution when another government can take over within just 4 years, with good and different policy that u may like. Revolution only occurs in dictatorships. The highest thing the citizens can do is to call for the impeachment of the president in a democracy like Nigeria. I am yet to see any democratic country on earth that went on a revolution. If u have seen one, please let me know.
So you are suggesting we will fold our arms and wait till when the right government comes in ?
Re: Can We Have A Revolution In Nigeria ? by cindybella101(f): 1:37pm On Jul 02, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
you don't know what you are saying
How ?
Re: Can We Have A Revolution In Nigeria ? by modath(f): 1:38pm On Jul 02, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Ypu must lead from the from...

The zoo must fall grin

Na you go lead,na you get Rebranding and 2019 plans... grin
Re: Can We Have A Revolution In Nigeria ? by cindybella101(f): 1:38pm On Jul 02, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Honestly, revolution is inevitable
Tonye please say ur mind on how we are going to achieve that
Re: Can We Have A Revolution In Nigeria ? by TinyIslamic92: 1:39pm On Jul 02, 2016
nwadiuko1:
why don't you calm down, construct your sentences well before commenting?.....they are really terrible
Terrible but u got the message anyway
Re: Can We Have A Revolution In Nigeria ? by Victorvexz(m): 1:39pm On Jul 02, 2016
cindybella101:

Their is sense in what victorvexz said in his post. No need having a revolution when a new government can take over in four years but now the question is going to be how to do that ? I have heard about the youth Democratic party sometimes ago I don't know how serious they are and the caliber of people there, maybe we as youths can look unto the party and see if they hold the answer to our problem.
What do you think ?
In which country are the youths allowed to own a political party? Don't u know that around the world, there is a certain age one must attain before occupying a high government position, and it is certainly not a youthful age. Even if youths own a political party, it will never be recognized and would be seen as a revolutionary or a treasonist party with ulterior motives, because one cannot explain why a political party will be populated by only youths.
Re: Can We Have A Revolution In Nigeria ? by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jul 02, 2016
Op make sure no brownie is among your team because he will snitch you oh.
Re: Can We Have A Revolution In Nigeria ? by cindybella101(f): 1:42pm On Jul 02, 2016
modath:

Lolz

I think both the PDP and the APC have failed us, I think we should just chart our course and those old men in those party to eat their I'll gotten wealth. There is no politician right now I think can give us what we want. If we the youths can achieve a mega political party I think we can achieve that.
Re: Can We Have A Revolution In Nigeria ? by babyfaceafrica: 1:43pm On Jul 02, 2016
cindybella101:

How ?
revolution aint happening in Nigeria,ever!!!!!!....we have the wrong generation of youths,after money,am sure they will do worse than the old men now,we have too many tribes who don't trust each other,revolution is not needed and won't happen!!!!!....let me tell you a single tribe cannot embark on revolution....and merger won't work sef..igbos won't work with Yoruba likewise,maybe yoruba might work with hausa,but the two tribes aint interested in revolution...the only people drumming for it are SE,who are they going to work with SS?.....dead on arrival.....Nigerians should work on themselves ,that's all......mind revolution is the only thing that can work!!!
Re: Can We Have A Revolution In Nigeria ? by cindybella101(f): 1:45pm On Jul 02, 2016
frankline5:
Op make sure no brownie is among your team because he will snitch you oh.
Please stop being a tribalist... Lawal one of my best male friend I have known for more than 5 years now have Never snitched on me, so please its not about tribe as you are made to believe.
Thanks
Re: Can We Have A Revolution In Nigeria ? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:47pm On Jul 02, 2016
cindybella101:

Tonye please say ur mind on how we are going to achieve that
This is not what is discussed in the open angry
Re: Can We Have A Revolution In Nigeria ? by Victorvexz(m): 1:48pm On Jul 02, 2016
cindybella101:

So you are suggesting we will fold our arms and wait till when the right government comes in ?
Do u want Nigeria to be the first democratic country in the world to go through a revolution? Well there is a first time for everything, maybe u should lead the revolution, it might work. As for me, I think the problem of Nigeria is not Nigeria itself, but the system, the unitary system we are practicing is not working anymore, we need a regional system, where every state will control it resources by itself without any hindrances from the FG. So the best way to get this is by establishing a political party with this ideology or better still, a party like PDP should take up this ideology of regional system of governance, and I assure u, there will be no need for any revolution, because if there is a revolution, I will definitely be an armed revolution
Re: Can We Have A Revolution In Nigeria ? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:49pm On Jul 02, 2016
modath:

You no serious o cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Can We Have A Revolution In Nigeria ? by cindybella101(f): 1:53pm On Jul 02, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
revolution aint happening in Nigeria,ever!!!!!!....we have the wrong generation of youths,after money,am sure they will do worse than the old men now,we have too many tribes who don't trust each other,revolution is not needed and won't happen!!!!!....let me tell you a single tribe cannot embark on revolution....and merger won't work sef..igbos won't work with Yoruba likewise,maybe yoruba might work with hausa,but the two tribes aint interested in revolution...the only people drumming for it are SE,who are they going to work with SS?.....dead on arrival.....Nigerians should work on themselves ,that's all......mind revolution is the only thing that can work!!!

Saying the Yoruba's cannot merger with the Igbo's is not true. Forget the media e-war going on every time, the two tribes intermarry daily and do business everyday. Infact I have never seen were an Igbo man refused to sell something to a Yoruba man cause of his tribe. These things are what we are made to believe. Tribe is not our problem but rather individuals. Every tribe has its own bad eggs but the good eggs are more than the bad eggs.big the Yoruba's and Igbo's resent themselves that much, they will be fighting themselves daily in Lagos and the different federal schools in the country
Re: Can We Have A Revolution In Nigeria ? by babyfaceafrica: 1:56pm On Jul 02, 2016
cindybella101:

Saying the Yoruba's cannot merger with the Igbo's is not true. Forget the media e-war going on every time, the two tribes intermarry daily and do business everyday. Infact I have never seen were an Igbo man refused to sell something to a Yoruba man cause of his tribe. These things are what we are made to believe. Tribe is not our problem but rather individuals. Every tribe has its own bad eggs but the good eggs are more than the bad eggs.big the Yoruba's and Igbo's resent themselves that much, they will be fighting themselves daily in Lagos and the different federal schools in the country
okay,when yoruba merges with igbos politically,that's when revolution will take place,if not..forget it cos the north are banking on the yoruba,that's why dere is so much cooperation between both tribes politically!!!!
Re: Can We Have A Revolution In Nigeria ? by cindybella101(f): 1:57pm On Jul 02, 2016
Victorvexz:

Do u want Nigeria to be the first democratic country in the world to go through a revolution? Well there is a first time for everything, maybe u should lead the revolution, it might work. As for me, I think the problem of Nigeria is not Nigeria itself, but the system, the unitary system we are practicing is not working anymore, we need a regional system, where every state will control it resources by itself without any hindrances from the FG. So the best way to get this is by establishing a political party with this ideology or better still, a party like PDP should take up this ideology of regional system of governance, and I assure u, there will be no need for any revolution, because if there is a revolution, I will definitely be an armed revolution
I agree the unitary system is not working we should should rather go back to our regional system and avoid the revolution entirely. And I don't think the PDP as a party can achieve that cos of the caliber if people their, they are only after power and our collective wealth
Re: Can We Have A Revolution In Nigeria ? by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jul 02, 2016
cindybella101:

Please stop being a tribalist... Lawal one of my best male friend I have known for more than 5 years now have Never snitched on me, so please its not about tribe as you are made to believe.
Thanks
1/100 na failure.aslk your teacher.
Re: Can We Have A Revolution In Nigeria ? by cindybella101(f): 2:02pm On Jul 02, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
okay,when yoruba merges with igbos politically,that's when revolution will take place,if not..forget it cos the north are banking on the yoruba,that's why dere is so much cooperation between both tribes politically!!!!
I don't mind the people that merger together rather I care about the individuals that can bring about the desired change we need.
Re: Can We Have A Revolution In Nigeria ? by cindybella101(f): 2:06pm On Jul 02, 2016
frankline5:
1/100 na failure.aslk your teacher.
I have many Yoruba friends and I don't think it only applies to me. If you have being to a state or school were the two tribes are found majorly you can't tell me you will only make Igbo friends. Don't believe everything you read in the media
Re: Can We Have A Revolution In Nigeria ? by babyfaceafrica: 2:06pm On Jul 02, 2016
cindybella101:

I don't mind the people that merger together rather I care about the individuals that can bring about the desired change we need.
the brave ones are not yet born!!
Re: Can We Have A Revolution In Nigeria ? by cindybella101(f): 2:10pm On Jul 02, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
the brave ones are not yet born!!
Are you a coward ? cheesy
Re: Can We Have A Revolution In Nigeria ? by modath(f): 2:10pm On Jul 02, 2016
cindybella101:

Lolz

I think both the PDP and the APC have failed us, I think we should just chart our course and those old men in those party to eat their I'll gotten wealth. There is no politician right now I think can give us what we want. If we the youths can achieve a mega political party I think we can achieve that.

Are you by any chance referring to the unemployed millions that rely on their employed parents and unvles/aunts for stipends to recharge their chinko phones to engage in unending divisive tribal E wars on numerous social media platforms?

Re: Can We Have A Revolution In Nigeria ? by babyfaceafrica: 2:13pm On Jul 02, 2016
cindybella101:
Are you a coward ? cheesy
yes,are you?
Re: Can We Have A Revolution In Nigeria ? by cindybella101(f): 2:16pm On Jul 02, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
yes,are you?
Am not
Re: Can We Have A Revolution In Nigeria ? by babyfaceafrica: 2:19pm On Jul 02, 2016
cindybella101:
Am not
good,lead,maybe we cowards will be encouraged and follow u latter
Re: Can We Have A Revolution In Nigeria ? by cindybella101(f): 2:21pm On Jul 02, 2016
modath:

Are you by any chance referring to the unemployed millions that rely on their employed parents and unvles/aunts for stipends to recharge their chinko phones to engage in unending divisive tribal E wars on numerous social media platforms?

grin
That's the major reason why we should change the current system. Or have you lost faith even in yourself ? The only fear of the rich man is definitely his many poor neighbors. So I think its those millions of youth begging recharge card from their parents that will make the change we desire to happen.
Re: Can We Have A Revolution In Nigeria ? by cindybella101(f): 2:22pm On Jul 02, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
good,lead,maybe we cowards will be encouraged and follow u latter
cool
Thanks for your contribution anyway smiley
Re: Can We Have A Revolution In Nigeria ? by zaynie(f): 8:48pm On Jul 02, 2016
To me, a starting the revolution is not the problem, it is putting in mind that
-it might escalate beyond your intention
- some people won't agree and may launch a counter revolution.
- if you survive and it goes awry, you get to face international courts. Can you live with the many lives that will be lost on the road to revolution?
- if it all goes well, our number one problem is who will lead afterwards? That has always been our problem. Every tribe thinks itself superior.

Instead, the youths all over the country and in different fields need to start converging, networking, put the needs of the country in mind and start trickling into the civil service....law, legislative, executive, security, education, communication, journalism, PR etc, start making changes wherever they find themselves. They should be known for their upright attitude, hardwork and compassion for the masses.
That is how we will kick these old hags off.

My opinion o.
Re: Can We Have A Revolution In Nigeria ? by cindybella101(f): 9:20pm On Jul 02, 2016
zaynie:
To me, a starting the revolution is not the problem, it is putting in mind that
-it might escalate beyond your intention
- some people won't agree and may launch a counter revolution.
- if you survive and it goes awry, you get to face international courts. Can you live with the many lives that will be lost on the road to revolution?
- if it all goes well, our number one problem is who will lead afterwards? That has always been our problem. Every tribe thinks itself superior.

Instead, the youths all over the country and in different fields need to start converging, networking, put the needs of the country in mind and start trickling into the civil service....law, legislative, executive, security, education, communication, journalism, PR etc, start making changes wherever they find themselves. They should be known for their upright attitude, hardwork and compassion for the masses.
That is how we will kick these old hags off.

My opinion o.
Thanks for your contribution but we can't we have a peaceful revolution ?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Islamization Has Just Began In Public Schools. / Femi Fani-kayode Warned Segun Agbaje(gtbank) /  Imo Guber: Okorocha’s Son-in-law, Uche Nwosu Wins At Supreme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.