Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,491 members, 7,850,721 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 07:59 AM

I Gave Cert. Of Return To Ogah Because I Don't Want To Go To Jail -INEC Official - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Gave Cert. Of Return To Ogah Because I Don't Want To Go To Jail -INEC Official (31367 Views)

INEC Official Whose Head Was Broken By SARS Police Speaks With Other Officials / Wike: No INEC Official Has Powers To Cancel Already Declared Results / Davis Ikanya Covering Arrested INEC Official's Face (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Gave Cert. Of Return To Ogah Because I Don't Want To Go To Jail -INEC Official by basadenet: 5:36pm On Jul 03, 2016
The inec man his acting a written down script. Why in a hurry to handover the certificate? Though am not a lawyer, but all we know is that when a judgement is delivered, it is normal the looser is given a time frame to appeal before carrying out the order. But in this case, it was hurriedly done as if they are force to do it. Am sure rule of law will take its course later.
Re: I Gave Cert. Of Return To Ogah Because I Don't Want To Go To Jail -INEC Official by focus7: 5:40pm On Jul 03, 2016
pdp patronising illegality since it founded.
Re: I Gave Cert. Of Return To Ogah Because I Don't Want To Go To Jail -INEC Official by basadenet: 5:42pm On Jul 03, 2016
He has not done the right thing, at should have waited to see if the incumbent will appeal, which I thought is the normal thing. Why the hurry to hand over the certificate. I suspect fowl play............Igbo man and money, nawah oooooo
Re: I Gave Cert. Of Return To Ogah Because I Don't Want To Go To Jail -INEC Official by CuteTj(m): 5:50pm On Jul 03, 2016
Sexytemi:

He's not in the position to say what he said, you call it explanation, I call it stupidity, why would he say he would have gone to jail if he didn't give ogah the certificate of return, how many people on nairaland do u know who would read that story and not just the headlines?, so the speech wasn't needed....unless he felt he did something wrong and his conscience is pricking him.
I beg to disagree with your position.

If you're not aware, the punishment for contempt of court orders is imprisonment so the official was right when he said he didn't want to go to jail. Or you think disobedience of court orders carry no penalty just because enforcement of it isn't strict in a jungle like Nigeria? You may be used to the system of Buhari, our politicians and even commoners disobeying court orders but i am not used to it.
Re: I Gave Cert. Of Return To Ogah Because I Don't Want To Go To Jail -INEC Official by abatisegun: 6:27pm On Jul 03, 2016
wayne4loan:
Buhari is a tyrant
. How does buhari concern with the issue now? Mind ur mouth, I pray ur ulterance will not let u land somewhere u don't want
Re: I Gave Cert. Of Return To Ogah Because I Don't Want To Go To Jail -INEC Official by wayne4loan: 7:07pm On Jul 03, 2016
abatisegun:
. How does buhari concern with the issue now? Mind ur mouth, I pray ur ulterance will not let u land somewhere u don't want
okay sir ... But buhari is a tyrant
Re: I Gave Cert. Of Return To Ogah Because I Don't Want To Go To Jail -INEC Official by Sexytemi(f): 7:24pm On Jul 03, 2016
CuteTj:

I beg to disagree with your position.

If you're not aware, the punishment for contempt of court orders is imprisonment so the official was right when he said he didn't want to go to jail. Or you think disobedience of court orders carry no penalty just because enforcement of it isn't strict in a jungle like Nigeria? You may be used to the system of Buhari, our politicians and even commoners disobeying court orders but i am not used to it.

I was talking about him obeying the court or not, what am saying is, he followed the court order Which is right, why then is he explaining like he did something wrong?
Re: I Gave Cert. Of Return To Ogah Because I Don't Want To Go To Jail -INEC Official by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 8:53pm On Jul 03, 2016
wayne4loan:
and what's ur name again?
They will post some good stuff but before sensible guys comment you guys will flood the first page with trash. Smh
Re: I Gave Cert. Of Return To Ogah Because I Don't Want To Go To Jail -INEC Official by Memyselfu2009(m): 4:25am On Jul 05, 2016
Tpappie:

How ws it he'll? Cos I served there and it wasnt.

You served at the capital, I served where there is no light no water no good road no network I wasn't paid state allowance, d only thing I enjoy was the cheap house rent which I pay just 1000 naira for a month. I had to fetch water under the rain cos to get water I had to walk some 3km so anytime if rain I would be under the rain fetching water. I pay 500 naira just to go for CDS from my location to umunneochi.
Re: I Gave Cert. Of Return To Ogah Because I Don't Want To Go To Jail -INEC Official by Memyselfu2009(m): 4:30am On Jul 05, 2016
dunkem21:

Shut up pls. I served in Kwara state and *coke never reach there.. Our CDS was to build a community toilet for them. Even the Kabiyesi no get latrine. The water they drink, I no fit use am wash socks cool

I wonder if you guys read the new see what's happening in Abia State, that's state is a Failed state. While serving there schools where on strike general hospital was also on strike.. if anyone falls sick it's either you go to a private hospital or go to the capital for treatment.
Re: I Gave Cert. Of Return To Ogah Because I Don't Want To Go To Jail -INEC Official by Memyselfu2009(m): 4:39am On Jul 05, 2016
Sammyramires:

Oga tell another lie.
I served at the heart of Abia State, Umuahia. I was able to share my experience with colleagues that served in other States during my time and we anonymously agreed that it was the best State to serve.
I know there is one thing Abians hate and that is Laziness/Laxity. Who knows maybe you were one of those ghost-corpers who claimed to be serving only to be travelling to different villages in search of unsuspecting teenagers.

Abia Rock for Corpers... 13/14 is the Code

@sammyramires

Really, I served where there was no light no water to Network no good road hospital was on strike, the court went on strike school also was on strike, if you served in my LGA you wouldn't be here telling me what you don't know. People experiences are different you call your self a graduate and you really can't use your head, or do you think everyone that travels abroad enjoys it. Always you your sense of reasoning before commenting on people post before you start feeling like a super star am entitled to my opinion cos it's my own experience.
Re: I Gave Cert. Of Return To Ogah Because I Don't Want To Go To Jail -INEC Official by Memyselfu2009(m): 4:43am On Jul 05, 2016
Pyno30:

You would have made more sense if you had not comment on this Post

So now you made more sense. By commenting right but you have totally said nothing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Army Recovers N2million As They Kill 10 Boko Haram Fighters In Borno / Garba Shehu: Akeredolu Cannot Unilaterally Oust Herders In Ondo State / Jibrin Links Dogara And Hembe With Prostitutes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.