Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,141 members, 7,860,106 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:32 AM

Comedian Performing In The Church, Sacrilege Or What? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Comedian Performing In The Church, Sacrilege Or What? (452 Views)

Is It A Sacrilege To Name A Child "JESUS"? / Bolanle Ambode Committed Sacrilege And Should Apologise — African Church Bishop / Pastor Throws Cash From His BMW Jeep While Performing In Anambra. Pics/video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Comedian Performing In The Church, Sacrilege Or What? by Duke007(m): 12:42am On Jul 03, 2016
This issue is really bothering me such that I am unable to sleep. A very popular comedian has been invited to my church to perform this morning and I find it very disgusting that God's altar will be desecrated by allowing him share the same rostrum with my pastor.

Even though no gate fee is being charged, I believe that it is against the principle of our Lord Jesus Christ to reduce the church to a place of entertainment and feel good. While growing up, Sunday services used to be very 'hot' such that the impact of the message will be on all thru the week days. But now, the reverse is the case.
I want objective and scriptural contribution from my brethen. Is this practice scriptural or not?
Re: Comedian Performing In The Church, Sacrilege Or What? by Nobody: 12:44am On Jul 03, 2016
It's all business... your pasitor is a business man
Re: Comedian Performing In The Church, Sacrilege Or What? by Duke007(m): 12:54am On Jul 03, 2016
No fee is being charged, it is free of charge.
Re: Comedian Performing In The Church, Sacrilege Or What? by Nobody: 1:24am On Jul 03, 2016
There is nothing wrong in it as long as there is no lewd comedy.

(1) (Reply)

CAN Launches Trust Fund • Appoints Dongoyaro, Kuye, Lemo As Trustees / Looking Ahead / LEFTOVERS And STOLEN LIGHT (an Historical Look At Watchtower Laziness And Misadv

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.