Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,271 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:08 AM

How To Use Your National Identity Card To Cash Out From Any ATM Worldwide - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Use Your National Identity Card To Cash Out From Any ATM Worldwide (47231 Views)

Four Risky Places To Use Your Debit Card Abroad / See How To Check If Your National Identity Card Is Ready / See How To Check If Your National Identity Card Is Ready (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Use Your National Identity Card To Cash Out From Any ATM Worldwide by noetic5: 8:51am On Jul 03, 2016
The National Identity Management Commission NIMC, is responsible for issuing out National ID Cards for Nigerians. Established by the NIMC Act No. 23 of 2007, the NIMC has the mandate to establish, own, operate, maintain and manage the National Identity Database in Nigeria, register persons covered by the Act, assign a Unique National Identification Number (NIN) and issue General Multi-Purpose Cards (GMPC) to those.

Many Nigerians have successfully received their National ID Cards, however, only a few care to more about their ID Cards. Obviously, the ID Card looks like an ATM Card, and in reality, it is a MasterCard which can be used worldwide to withdraw money from any ATM, irrespective of the country you are in.

In addition, the Nigerian government has also said that the National ID Card may be used as Visa acceptable by some countries. But that is a topic for another day because today, I will be discussing on the use of the National ID Card as ATM Cards, used to withdraw money from any bank in any country.

Access Bank of Nigeria is the sole bank currently powering the National Id Card. Below are the steps on how to load your National ID Card (MasterCard)

1. Visit any Access Bank branch with your card

2. Complete a deposit slip with the required information

3. Your card will be credited instantly with the value of cash paid

For cash payment where Card is not available

1. Visit any Access Bank branch with your card

2. Ensure you have the 16 digit card number information

3. Complete a deposit slip with the required information

4. The card will be credited with the value of cash paid

Before funding your Master Card, you need to activate it the same way you activated your normal ATM Cards issued to you from your respective banks. However, I activated mine (my National ID Card) at the point of collection. But just in case you have not done that yet and you wish to, you can follow the steps below on how to do that;

1. First, activate your card by selecting a 4-digit PIN using the POS terminal at the NIMC center or any Access Bank Branch

2. Next, visit any Access Bank ATM and insert your card. Go to the PIN change menu then select I-PIN on the display.

3. Select any 4- digits PIN of your choice and confirm on the ATM

4. A ''PIN Change Successful'' message is displayed

5. When shopping online and MasterCard SecureCode is required, please provide the 4 - digits I-PIN.

[img]http://4.bp..com/-WthLEfJAPSo/V0HU2_039bI/AAAAAAAAABI/mfK6jG3bVwIR8G5YVB0uSLwKu6YMf2vEwCLcB/s280/National-eID-card-660x330.jpg[/img]

Source: http://www.napiztech.com/2016/05/National-identity-card-nimc.html?m=1

17 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How To Use Your National Identity Card To Cash Out From Any ATM Worldwide by Nobody: 8:53am On Jul 03, 2016
This is an interesting one!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Use Your National Identity Card To Cash Out From Any ATM Worldwide by hotspec(m): 9:29am On Jul 03, 2016
truly cashless
Re: How To Use Your National Identity Card To Cash Out From Any ATM Worldwide by Warlord3000(m): 12:00pm On Jul 03, 2016
Impressive indeed
Re: How To Use Your National Identity Card To Cash Out From Any ATM Worldwide by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jul 03, 2016
Awesome... But will access bank be charging you for card maintenance? and do you still get notification on any transaction like tge normal ATM card?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Use Your National Identity Card To Cash Out From Any ATM Worldwide by WHOcarex: 6:51pm On Jul 03, 2016
Yeah right
Re: How To Use Your National Identity Card To Cash Out From Any ATM Worldwide by Vanpascore(m): 6:52pm On Jul 03, 2016
With Naija banks
Re: How To Use Your National Identity Card To Cash Out From Any ATM Worldwide by wristbangle: 6:52pm On Jul 03, 2016
Very informative.

3 Likes

Re: How To Use Your National Identity Card To Cash Out From Any ATM Worldwide by HitlerGaddafi: 6:52pm On Jul 03, 2016
Three years now they never free give me my ID card. Only for naija u go use three years process ID card for one person. Bunch of useless fools .

76 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Use Your National Identity Card To Cash Out From Any ATM Worldwide by Kizyte(m): 6:53pm On Jul 03, 2016
Nice information, would be better if the government can help fund the said Identity Card with the recovered looted money. Best way to share the national cake!

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Use Your National Identity Card To Cash Out From Any ATM Worldwide by Mostwanted7: 6:53pm On Jul 03, 2016
Nice

Re: How To Use Your National Identity Card To Cash Out From Any ATM Worldwide by osjoshua(m): 6:53pm On Jul 03, 2016
seen
Re: How To Use Your National Identity Card To Cash Out From Any ATM Worldwide by Taiyescott(m): 6:54pm On Jul 03, 2016
K.
Re: How To Use Your National Identity Card To Cash Out From Any ATM Worldwide by VickyRotex(f): 6:54pm On Jul 03, 2016
Nice one! cool cool
Re: How To Use Your National Identity Card To Cash Out From Any ATM Worldwide by nony43(m): 6:54pm On Jul 03, 2016
I have done mine
Re: How To Use Your National Identity Card To Cash Out From Any ATM Worldwide by jaelz(m): 6:54pm On Jul 03, 2016
Yes thats a welcome development although there's still more room for improvement...
Re: How To Use Your National Identity Card To Cash Out From Any ATM Worldwide by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jul 03, 2016
I haven't receive any call from NIMC for card collection, are they distributing already?.
Re: How To Use Your National Identity Card To Cash Out From Any ATM Worldwide by Cherishing(f): 6:54pm On Jul 03, 2016
Only for Naija wey u go see

Pastors Id card
Ushers with their own
Lawyers
Doctors
Students
Bankers
Even some drivers and some oloshies get their own...

and etc

Hope the id get place to fill ones profession to avoid carrying over id cards de waka for road

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Use Your National Identity Card To Cash Out From Any ATM Worldwide by Apelex(m): 6:55pm On Jul 03, 2016
Nice one.....GEJ legacy leaves on

21 Likes

Re: How To Use Your National Identity Card To Cash Out From Any ATM Worldwide by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jul 03, 2016
MODs shud really do proper checks b4 posting crucial contents on this forum!

#MyCandidOpinion
Re: How To Use Your National Identity Card To Cash Out From Any ATM Worldwide by iffydave: 6:55pm On Jul 03, 2016
Gud
Re: How To Use Your National Identity Card To Cash Out From Any ATM Worldwide by ganie(m): 6:55pm On Jul 03, 2016
It is a good development,but how do one know if his card is ready?

1 Like

Re: How To Use Your National Identity Card To Cash Out From Any ATM Worldwide by sportark(m): 6:56pm On Jul 03, 2016
Federal Govt shld provide stipend for social security on dis card to help d acceptability and at least make dem give Nigerians a sense Of belonging.

3 Likes

Re: How To Use Your National Identity Card To Cash Out From Any ATM Worldwide by Dexpro: 6:56pm On Jul 03, 2016
Am loving this. Nice concept
Re: How To Use Your National Identity Card To Cash Out From Any ATM Worldwide by DirtyGold: 6:57pm On Jul 03, 2016
Op, so I have to carry my money, go queue up in a bank to deposit into the card? What should I use the other bank cards for?

What's tha business?
Re: How To Use Your National Identity Card To Cash Out From Any ATM Worldwide by candidbabe(f): 6:57pm On Jul 03, 2016
Wonderful

1 Like

Re: How To Use Your National Identity Card To Cash Out From Any ATM Worldwide by Solomonodimegwu(m): 6:57pm On Jul 03, 2016
Ooooookey!
Re: How To Use Your National Identity Card To Cash Out From Any ATM Worldwide by omaolowo(m): 6:59pm On Jul 03, 2016
Sounds nice ...
But I seem to note only one commercial bank's name was indicated. When will the others join in the train?
Re: How To Use Your National Identity Card To Cash Out From Any ATM Worldwide by muri4mig(m): 6:59pm On Jul 03, 2016
HitlerGaddafi:
Three years now they never free give me my ID card. Only for naija u go use three years process ID card for one person. Bunch of useless fools .
Go collect biafra card IPOD youth!
Re: How To Use Your National Identity Card To Cash Out From Any ATM Worldwide by Viccur(m): 6:59pm On Jul 03, 2016
Having registered since 2013 yet i dnt have the card. I only have the temporary one which is useless. Nonsense pple

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The List Of Richest Women In Nigeria, Please Make Your Own Contribution / Why Is Solar Power Not Commonly Used In Nigeria? / List Of Genuine Online Businesses You Can Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.