Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,912 members, 7,821,182 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

How To Use Your National Identity Card To Cash Out From Any ATM Worldwide - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Use Your National Identity Card To Cash Out From Any ATM Worldwide (47260 Views)

Four Risky Places To Use Your Debit Card Abroad / See How To Check If Your National Identity Card Is Ready / See How To Check If Your National Identity Card Is Ready (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Use Your National Identity Card To Cash Out From Any ATM Worldwide by Obynolee(f): 9:08pm On Jul 03, 2016
noetic5:

Source: http://www.napiztech.com/2016/05/National-identity-card-nimc.html?m=1

I registered for it since January last year and I am yet to receive the card,pls where should I go to for it.
Re: How To Use Your National Identity Card To Cash Out From Any ATM Worldwide by kenyguy(m): 9:10pm On Jul 03, 2016
Sounds so good
Re: How To Use Your National Identity Card To Cash Out From Any ATM Worldwide by Obynolee(f): 9:13pm On Jul 03, 2016
muri4mig:

Go collect biafra card IPOD youth!

Why do you choose to be stupid
Re: How To Use Your National Identity Card To Cash Out From Any ATM Worldwide by Obynolee(f): 9:19pm On Jul 03, 2016
davidque007:
To check if your card I ready, simply go to NIMC website and check for your card, there is a section for checking on the website. Mine also took three years before I was able to collect it. Also, they will send u an SMS once its ready. The delay was because of a problem they had with Chams, the IT consultant that handled the registration before, anyone that registers now will get theirs in a short time

Buhari registered this year and got it immediately, why didn't your said problem affect him??.

1 Like

Re: How To Use Your National Identity Card To Cash Out From Any ATM Worldwide by Obynolee(f): 9:22pm On Jul 03, 2016
bintudon:
If you're yet to get yours y not go to their office, I register last year and I have gotten mine, just. Check their center.

Which state is that?,did they call/SMS you or you went to their office?.
Re: How To Use Your National Identity Card To Cash Out From Any ATM Worldwide by Stanbeto: 9:23pm On Jul 03, 2016
I have been using it na, its no more a news
Re: How To Use Your National Identity Card To Cash Out From Any ATM Worldwide by Obynolee(f): 9:25pm On Jul 03, 2016
Joavid:

at where in Lagos?

Probably where you registered I think, they are in all Local government Secretariat, Alausa Ikeja,LASU etc.
Re: How To Use Your National Identity Card To Cash Out From Any ATM Worldwide by sexyellency(m): 9:32pm On Jul 03, 2016
noetic5:

something unilorin ID card can do..nice development sha.
Re: How To Use Your National Identity Card To Cash Out From Any ATM Worldwide by Olamiconqueror: 9:45pm On Jul 03, 2016
noetic5:

Hello nairalanders, please vote me as the best studentartiste of the year in my school 1. Click on this link www./degreeawards
2. Click on d sign at d top right corner.
3. Enter gmail address & password.
4. Adeleke azeez olalekan- Leklass (artiste of the year), Coker tokunbo (versatile student), Jide chinko ekun (most jovial), Oladele clement (sportman of the year).
5. Any asterik (*) category u see just click on it and move on.
6. Click on submit.
Thanks for the love.
Re: How To Use Your National Identity Card To Cash Out From Any ATM Worldwide by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jul 03, 2016
Obynolee:

Probably where you registered I think, they are in all Local government Secretariat, Alausa Ikeja,LASU etc.

thank you.
Re: How To Use Your National Identity Card To Cash Out From Any ATM Worldwide by TheAziz: 10:04pm On Jul 03, 2016
new job for scammers
Re: How To Use Your National Identity Card To Cash Out From Any ATM Worldwide by Pelaiye2703(m): 10:48pm On Jul 03, 2016
Apelex:
Nice one.....GEJ legacy leaves on
lives not leaves..#mrGEJ
Re: How To Use Your National Identity Card To Cash Out From Any ATM Worldwide by bejeria101(m): 10:50pm On Jul 03, 2016
After 2years just got mine,i no fit shout biko!
Re: How To Use Your National Identity Card To Cash Out From Any ATM Worldwide by ogashman(m): 11:29pm On Jul 03, 2016
what nonsense!
it's been two years since I applied for this ID cardbut yet to get it.even ATM cards do not take this long to get.
Re: How To Use Your National Identity Card To Cash Out From Any ATM Worldwide by 2n2k(m): 3:26am On Jul 04, 2016
Viccur:
Having registered since 2013 yet i dnt have the card. I only have the temporary one which is useless. Nonsense pple

What you have is not temporary one but the paper containing your National Identification Number (NIN). Allocation and management of NIN is actually the core function of NIMC and it is a lifetime identification of a citizen like social security numbers abroad.

Identity card is self-explanatory. It is renewable every 5 years. However, note that NIN that is meant to identify you for life is not visibly written anywhere on the national identity card though embedded in the chip for data machine to read. Thus if you are asked to lawfully provide your NIN, the national ID card may be useless in such situation.

So keep that 'temporary' paper which you called useless very safe.

1 Like

Re: How To Use Your National Identity Card To Cash Out From Any ATM Worldwide by Obiwiz(m): 3:29am On Jul 04, 2016
muri4mig:
Go collect biafra card IPOD youth!
Stop crying. Will secession take away ur source of livelihood? Parasite alert!
Re: How To Use Your National Identity Card To Cash Out From Any ATM Worldwide by DedeNkem: 5:48am On Jul 04, 2016
The nigerian "ID card" is just a prepaid Mastercard attached to your ID.

It makes no sense to me. It didn't solve any pressing problem. Anyone can obtain a prepaid card from any of the many Nigerian banks that offer it.. All you do is fill a form at the bank to get it and then load cash in it any time.

I would rather like to keep my ID card separate from other things. It should ONLY be used for identification purpose!

Nigerian government always engage in useless and wasteful ventures, instead of tackling pressing problems!
Re: How To Use Your National Identity Card To Cash Out From Any ATM Worldwide by Marrzy: 6:27am On Jul 04, 2016
So when it gets into the wrong hand,he will have every detail he need about you...nigerians grow up!!
Re: How To Use Your National Identity Card To Cash Out From Any ATM Worldwide by Marrzy: 6:31am On Jul 04, 2016
TheAziz:
new job for scammers
that was just what i said,it too risky printing all your details in one atm card.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Use Your National Identity Card To Cash Out From Any ATM Worldwide by Apelex(m): 6:42am On Jul 04, 2016
Pelaiye2703:
lives not leaves..#mrGEJ

Thank you but it's a typo
Re: How To Use Your National Identity Card To Cash Out From Any ATM Worldwide by lekansaka(m): 7:53am On Jul 04, 2016
have done mine for the past two years now, what they only did is to text me message about how to track it, and i really need d national i.d card seriously , cos i dont have money for drivers liences and international passport, and they did not give PVC during d last election.na wa for nija govt ooo
Re: How To Use Your National Identity Card To Cash Out From Any ATM Worldwide by omojeesu(m): 8:47am On Jul 04, 2016
noetic5:

Thanks!
But it's all part of end time new world (including economic) order.
The harbinger of the apocalyptic 'mark of the beast'.
Welcome to the New World!

1 Like

Re: How To Use Your National Identity Card To Cash Out From Any ATM Worldwide by Viccur(m): 9:29am On Jul 04, 2016
2n2k:

What you have is not temporary one but the paper containing your National Identification Number (NIN). Allocation and management of NIN is actually the core function of NIMC and it is a lifetime identification of a citizen like social security numbers abroad.

Identity card is self-explanatory. It is renewable every 3 years. However, note that NIN that is meant to identify you for life is not visibly written anywhere on the national identity card though embedded in the chip for data machine to read. Thus if you are asked to lawfully provide your NIN, the national ID card may be useless in such situation.

So keep that 'temporary' paper which you called useless very safe.
Ok. I used 'temporary' cos that was what they(the officials) called it when i was given. Sometimes when i am asked to present my ID card institutions like bank they vehemently turned down the paper maybe it's nt really recognised. That was why i tagged it 'useless'.
Re: How To Use Your National Identity Card To Cash Out From Any ATM Worldwide by noetic5: 10:57am On Jul 04, 2016
Obynolee:

I registered for it since January last year and I am yet to receive the card,pls where should I go to for it.

Just be patient. They'll text u once its ready!
Re: How To Use Your National Identity Card To Cash Out From Any ATM Worldwide by nkemdave(m): 11:53am On Jul 04, 2016
noetic5:

OP, here are some questions I would like u to treat on.
(a) how long does NIMC card last before renewal.
(b) If Debit is being renewed on three years interval, does it mean that a person is to be visiting the bank on three year interval for renewal too.
Re: How To Use Your National Identity Card To Cash Out From Any ATM Worldwide by 2n2k(m): 1:07pm On Jul 04, 2016
Viccur:
Ok. I used 'temporary' cos that was what they(the officials) called it when i was given. Sometimes when i am asked to present my ID card institutions like bank they vehemently turned down the paper maybe it's nt really recognised. That was why i tagged it 'useless'.

I understand. The officials misled me too. On the day I went to collect the ID card, I went with the paper but they said it wasn't needed. After collecting the ID, I tore the paper only to realize that the ID card has no NIN visibly written.

Now I don't even know my NIN. Last time I wanted to input my NIN in a form, I put the ID document number which was rejected by the computer as not being in NIN format
Re: How To Use Your National Identity Card To Cash Out From Any ATM Worldwide by 2n2k(m): 1:18pm On Jul 04, 2016
nkemdave:

OP, here are some questions I would like u to treat on.
(a) how long does NIMC card last before renewal.
(b) If Debit is being renewed on three years interval, does it mean that a person is to be visiting the bank on three year interval for renewal too.

A) National ID card last 5 years before renewal but your NIN is lifetime
B) Renewal of the national ID card every 5 years is done at NIMC offices not in a bank! The issue of bank activation comes in because the ID card has facility to be used as Atm card among other functions. This is optional not compulsory. If you want to use it just as ID without the Atm capability, you don't need to activate that function and the bank will therefore not be involved.
Re: How To Use Your National Identity Card To Cash Out From Any ATM Worldwide by nkemdave(m): 1:41pm On Jul 04, 2016
2n2k:

B) Renewal of the national ID card every 5 years is done at NIMC offices not in a bank! The issue of bank activation comes in because the ID card has facility to be used as Atm card among other functions. This is optional not compulsory. If you want to use it just as ID without the Atm capability, you don't need to activate that function and the bank will therefore not be involved.

Thanks for ur comment.
I would like to be clarified the more on my question B.
As earlier stated by u, the National ID card last for 5 years afterwhich it is due for renewal. My question is, if after using National ID for 5 years (with the ATM functions activated on it), and u acquired a new card, are to go the bank a second time to reactivate the ATM functions on the new card?
Re: How To Use Your National Identity Card To Cash Out From Any ATM Worldwide by 2n2k(m): 3:53pm On Jul 04, 2016
nkemdave:

Thanks for ur comment.
I would like to be clarified the more on my question B.
As earlier stated by u, the National ID card last for 5 years afterwhich it is due for renewal. My question is, if after using National ID for 5 years (with the ATM functions activated on it), and u acquired a new card, are to go the bank a second time to reactivate the ATM functions on the new card?

Activation of ATM function is not a tedious task. As part of collection process, you would have part-activated the card in NIMC office by providing PIN (4 digits) of your choice on their machine. After that, you go to any access bank ATM (for now) to either change the pin and/or generate IPIN.

I think it is logical to expect the same process to be followed on renewal since the PAN of the card (the 16 digits on the card) will not be the same as the replaced one just like normal ATM card.

Also note that the ID card is not linked to your bank account unlike your ATM card. It is just a prepaid card. If you want to use it as ATM card, you must load it with the amount you want by going to Access bank and deposit desired amount into it using the PAN of the card as account number.

1 Like

Re: How To Use Your National Identity Card To Cash Out From Any ATM Worldwide by Obynolee(f): 9:05pm On Jul 04, 2016
noetic5:

Just be patient. They'll text u once its ready!

OK
Re: How To Use Your National Identity Card To Cash Out From Any ATM Worldwide by annyplenty(m): 7:35am On Jul 05, 2016
Generals03:
Dear Annyplenty, you need to see this, Hmmm. Im sure you understand whats going on.

Thank you. I quite understand by God's grace.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The List Of Richest Women In Nigeria, Please Make Your Own Contribution / Why Is Solar Power Not Commonly Used In Nigeria? / List Of Genuine Online Businesses You Can Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.