Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,307 members, 7,819,042 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

Request For Clarification For The Appointment Of Secretary Of A Private Company - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Request For Clarification For The Appointment Of Secretary Of A Private Company (647 Views)

Help A Nairalander On How To Request For P.o.s / Clarification On 2016 Mavros: When You Will Get It . / Clarification Of New Law For MMM Participants. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Request For Clarification For The Appointment Of Secretary Of A Private Company by llade(m): 9:00am On Jul 03, 2016
Good Day,
I have obtained CAC name availability search approval for a Private Company. I am currently in the process of registering the Private Company. As regards the appointment of Company Secretary, I have perused CAMA and the Company Regulations 2012 and I want to seek concurrence or clarification on the following:
1. Appointment of one of the Directors of the above Private Company as Company Secretary

2. Since its a Private Company and the directors have deemed the Company Secretary fit and capable for the position, is the appointment valid and legal? This decision was drawn from the fact that its the requirement of S. 295 of CAMA for only public company secretary to either be a lawyer or accountant or chartered secretary and this is not applicable for a private company.

One of the directors has been appointed and is considered fit for the position of Company Secretary and is not a lawyer, accountant nor chartered secretary and going by S. 295 of CAMA, kindly confirm or clarify on the decision made as the company is a Private Company.

Many thanks.
Re: Request For Clarification For The Appointment Of Secretary Of A Private Company by llade(m): 1:40pm On Jul 03, 2016
smiley
Re: Request For Clarification For The Appointment Of Secretary Of A Private Company by grownaira: 2:51pm On Jul 04, 2016
llade:
Good Day,
I have obtained CAC name availability search approval for a Private Company. I am currently in the process of registering the Private Company. As regards the appointment of Company Secretary, I have perused CAMA and the Company Regulations 2012 and I want to seek concurrence or clarification on the following:
1. Appointment of one of the Directors of the above Private Company as Company Secretary

2. Since its a Private Company and the directors have deemed the Company Secretary fit and capable for the position, is the appointment valid and legal? This decision was drawn from the fact that its the requirement of S. 295 of CAMA for only public company secretary to either be a lawyer or accountant or chartered secretary and this is not applicable for a private company.

One of the directors has been appointed and is considered fit for the position of Company Secretary and is not a lawyer, accountant nor chartered secretary and going by S. 295 of CAMA, kindly confirm or clarify on the decision made as the company is a Private Company.

Many thanks.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Me And Insurance. HELP!!!! / VIDA Divina-the Latest FREE Passive Income Iinvestment!!! / Make 30-100 Percent In One Month Real And Paying!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.