Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,490 members, 7,830,470 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:56 PM

What Is Your Favourite Portion Or Verse Of The Bible?? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Your Favourite Portion Or Verse Of The Bible?? (11378 Views)

Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn / Opinion: Is It Not A Sin For Churches Going Against This Portion Of The Bible? / Who Is Your Favourite Pastor In Terms Of Message Delivering? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your Favourite Portion Or Verse Of The Bible?? by fearlesschicken: 11:05pm On Jul 03, 2016
Iseoluwani:

That was old covenant and stop been naive
lolz so you agree it is not sensible?

Lame excuse for your cherry picking. If anyone is naive here, it's obviously not me.
Re: What Is Your Favourite Portion Or Verse Of The Bible?? by carik(m): 11:17pm On Jul 03, 2016
post=47169950:
Psalms 118:8 It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man.
Re: What Is Your Favourite Portion Or Verse Of The Bible?? by carik(m): 11:19pm On Jul 03, 2016
post=47169950:
Psalms 118:8 It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man.
Re: What Is Your Favourite Portion Or Verse Of The Bible?? by engrfemi(m): 6:44am On Jul 04, 2016
wildQuincy:

Yes oo! Pls locate any winners chapel anywhere in Nigeria and fellowship with the saints on sunday cool God bless you!
already one. From glory to glory.......!
Re: What Is Your Favourite Portion Or Verse Of The Bible?? by MagnaB: 7:38am On Jul 04, 2016
Nehimah 1:13
Re: What Is Your Favourite Portion Or Verse Of The Bible?? by quintybabe(f): 8:34am On Jul 04, 2016
repimpim:
Please read this
And ur point is? I don't get it! Is it wrong to bow down and worship God? I do that at home and sometimes in church too
Re: What Is Your Favourite Portion Or Verse Of The Bible?? by quintybabe(f): 8:41am On Jul 04, 2016
Galatians 2v 20&21
I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer i that lives, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I live in the flesh I live by faith in the son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me
I do not set aside the grace of God; forvif righteousness comes through the law then Christ died in vain

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favourite Portion Or Verse Of The Bible?? by itzMizELo(f): 8:41am On Jul 04, 2016
fearlesschicken:

Not every part is sensible. Seems you don't read your bible very well. undecided

u r then trying to imply dat God who gave d inspiration to write the Bible is not sensible...
there is sense in every part of the Bible n dere r lessons to b learnt...
so i guess u should go back n read ur Bible carefully

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favourite Portion Or Verse Of The Bible?? by juliato(f): 9:27am On Jul 04, 2016
psalms 121 vs 1 &2 i wil lift up mine eyes unto the hills from whence cometh my help. my help cometh from the lord which made heaven and earth.
Re: What Is Your Favourite Portion Or Verse Of The Bible?? by AndyAustin(m): 10:32am On Jul 04, 2016
So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom. Psalm 90:12.

My all-time no. 1 Bible verse!
Re: What Is Your Favourite Portion Or Verse Of The Bible?? by obawolea(m): 2:40pm On Jul 04, 2016
Romans 8:11
If the spirit that raised Jesus Christ from the dead lives in you, it shall give life unto your mortal body

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favourite Portion Or Verse Of The Bible?? by babilicious: 3:48pm On Jul 04, 2016
I Peter 5:7 -" Cast all your cares to the Lord for He cares..."
Jerrmiah 1:18 " For see, today I have made you immune to their attacks...."....New Living Translation

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favourite Portion Or Verse Of The Bible?? by michaelwestern(m): 6:17pm On Jul 04, 2016
fearlesschicken:

lolz so you agree it is not sensible?

Lame excuse for your cherry picking. If anyone is naive here, it's obviously not me.

Those parts are mainly for us to learn from. For example, the story of David, he was punished for what he did. Peace
Re: What Is Your Favourite Portion Or Verse Of The Bible?? by ArcToyin(m): 11:09am On Jul 07, 2016
and you think this is wat quoting ? I don't your genuine faith.
Dandsome:
Hello guys, happy Sunday.

Was thinking and decided to bring it up here.

What is your favourite portion or verse of the Bible??

Mine is

Isaiah 4:1 And in that day seven women shall take hold of one man, saying, We will eat our own bread, and wear our own apparel: only let us be called by thy name, to take away our reproach.

The Nigerian interpretation to me is husband go DE scarce soteh women go hustle to marry even if they will take care of themselves.

Over to you. What's your favourite portion or verse of the Bible??

Drops mic.

Cc: lalasticlala, mynd44 and the mods it may concern, kindly move to the appropriate section

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

When You Die, Don't Go Towards The Light!!! / Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? / Tithing: Where Does The Money Go?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.