Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,240 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:35 AM

Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) (28461 Views)

Former Governor Escapes Death In Mecca Crane Crash / Gombe Governor Escapes Death, 14 Supporters Die / Nasarawa Governor Escapes Auto Accident, Three Killed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by kenflavor(m): 12:26pm On Nov 21, 2005
Bayelsa State governor Chief D.S.P. Alamieyeseigha, standing trial in London for alleged money laundering, has been seen in his ancestral home Amassoma in Bayelsa state this morning amid huge celebration by his friends, associates and his Ijaw kinsmen.

THISDAY checks reveal he has now proceeded to government house in Yenagoa to resume his duties as governor. He will address a press conference soon.

According to Mr Oronto Douglas, Bayelsa state commissioner for information, HE SAYS: Our governor Chief D.S.P. Alamieyeseigha is back in Bayelsa. Asked how he escaped in London, where he is currently on bail for alleged money laundering, Douglas said: I don't have that information at this time. Several security sources, however, have confirmed to THISDAY, that the governor jumped bail in London and has arrived Bayelsa.

Check this: http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=33790

NAIRALANDERS, WHAT DO U THINK. ANOTHER GOVERNOR HAS JUMPED BAIL.

[img]http://www.thisdayonline.com.nyud.net:8090/img.php?id=1101[/img]
(picture added by a moderator)
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by adesodgi(m): 12:37pm On Nov 21, 2005
i dont know for them jo,me am not too much into politics...
let them do what eva they like,there's always a reward for what anyone does...
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by alheri(f): 12:47pm On Nov 21, 2005
WOW, am glad he's back in Naija. How did he do it? I hope they wont try to sanction naija cos of that. Ive always like that Gov, am sure his family are happy to have him back.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by Aderonke(f): 12:52pm On Nov 21, 2005
With all honesty, i know something fishy will happen at d end of the whole sh*t!
U see, our government are veeeery good. u ask me in what?

In corruption of course, its no surprise when we were been given 3rd position in the most corrupt country in the whole world!

See, i dont want to kill myself because of nigerian politics, it sadden my heart to hear nonsense things from our govenors and most impotant perssonel in this country. It's only God that can deliver d masses.

Concerning Alamieyeseigha... i reserve my comment or i rather, "i rest my case"

...no be today joo rolleyes
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by jally(m): 12:56pm On Nov 21, 2005
wat else is new, i was just wandering wat took him, but how did he leave the u k,how did he pass thru their customs or did he make use of 'rentaghost' theres more questions than answers,the british govt sef get hand inside ,remember all na politics, safe

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by Seun(m): 12:57pm On Nov 21, 2005
alheri: WOW, am glad he's back in Nigeria. How did he do it? I hope they wont try to sanction Nigeria because of that. Ive always like that Gov

So now that he's back, his money laundering activities have become a non-issue?

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by omon(m): 1:03pm On Nov 21, 2005
This is pathetic, I cannot belive the Ijaw people will give a red carpet reception to a thief....This shows that his hands were not clean. When will the immunity clause be repealed?
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by kenflavor(m): 1:07pm On Nov 21, 2005
Ajuju! Ibere! Good question
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by omon(m): 1:08pm On Nov 21, 2005
May God help Nigeria
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by kenflavor(m): 1:10pm On Nov 21, 2005
Amen, in Jesus name cheesy
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by omon(m): 1:15pm On Nov 21, 2005
But then, we must look for a way to punish these guys, they will never leave unscathed! If the Ijaws must represent the symbol of the struggle to remove poverty from our land, then we must stamp out the evils of men that has overwhelmed Alamieyisiegha.. The problem we may have is when all these idle traditional rulers start paying homage to a thief in the name of solidiarty.

The Bayelsa house of Assembly must be brave enough too confron the Gov on why he was arrested in the first place. What about those guys who signed for him to get bail in the first place? Those guys must be in soup in the UK I suppose. It also has its good effects, no thieving governor will dare the UK right now.  The Uk police have been fooled twice, they won't want to be fooled a third time
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by kenflavor(m): 1:21pm On Nov 21, 2005
Good talk my broda
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by Seun(m): 2:16pm On Nov 21, 2005
"The governor of an oil-rich Nigerian state has fled the UK, where he was charged with laundering £1.8m ($3.2m) found in cash and bank accounts."
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/4456300.stm
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by lisu(f): 2:35pm On Nov 21, 2005
cant help but keep wondering if things will just go back to being normal as it did for gov. joshua dariya.
this country is so full of drama. cant wait for the next episode if i may put it that way. rolleyes
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by omon(m): 2:46pm On Nov 21, 2005
Just watched with sadness (on AIT-BEN tv) the impoverished people of Bayelsa in a dance of shame to welcome a thief...You could visibly see fustration and poverty written all over their faces, and this is supposed to be one of the richest states in terms of federal allocations. May God deliver the Ijaws!
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by seyefar(m): 3:07pm On Nov 21, 2005
men this guy is a real criminal how did he do it. any way may God help us.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by alheri(f): 3:33pm On Nov 21, 2005
Seun:

So now that he's back, his money laundering activities have become a non-issue?

@seun, well, i didnt mean it like that. Am sure the EFCC will get him soon. I just dont like the idea of one of our power figures wallowing in a foreign jail. And am a sucker for family re-unions. grin grin grin
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by abu: 3:43pm On Nov 21, 2005
These guys should be responsible enough to defend their action as public officer. The British police will now wait for innocent Nigerians for revenge. Evil doers must get their redress, if not now certainly later, if not from man then from God. Alamieyisiegha's victory shall only be temporary.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by ahoyLT(m): 3:47pm On Nov 21, 2005
U know why i love this country? It is a real life Hollywood, what you only expect to see in a film, you see it live and direct.

Men, I love this country, because we are full of evil practise and deed, from evil genius, now, to woman dressing Alamasiagha, may be that is y he even did the tummy tuck thing, so as to look like a woman.

Congratulations Nigerian for welcoming back home our own "illustrous thief" his majesty, the Governor General of the disgracing people of Ijaw, we say welcome.
grin grin grin grin
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by prettyH(f): 3:51pm On Nov 21, 2005
abeg whats all the noise for? whats new in nigeria. infact the guy even respected them sef, even going to court. I thought he would have been in the country since. pls lets talk about other things. He is just one of the many public officers caught, how many perpetrate such crimes and never get caught? Even when they do get caught nothin ever happens. Its really sad. i wish all we say here will actually change the attrocities public officers commit.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by ahoyLT(m): 3:58pm On Nov 21, 2005
Thanks alot my sista. now i believe he even deserves both national award and international award. Since Obasanjo did no issue out GCFR, this year pls let give to Alamsco and also, plsgive him international recognition.

Seriously now, what is wrong with this country? This guy will go to abuja this week for council of state meeting and will be discussing about this country and before u know it the news papers will be full of Advert congratulating him on his escape.

Nigeria we hail thee grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by Danfo(m): 4:11pm On Nov 21, 2005
Dr Tonye David-West wrote a prophetic article some weeks ago titled:

WHEN ALAMIEYESEIGHA RETURNS

"In the depraved psyche of the Nigerian, Alamieyeseigha, in all likelihood will return home to a robust and roaring reception if the British authorities spare him a hefty jail term for his alleged crime of money laundering. This expected reception will be consistent with the meaning of his name, "Diepreye" - "this is my own share, ......"

http://nigeriaworld.com/feature/publication/david-west/100405.html

Tonye my good friend was obviously right.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by Seun(m): 4:12pm On Nov 21, 2005
On AIT I saw a footage of the grand welcome he recieved from his supporters. I saw many young men, young women, older women and older men in the crowd. Such a shameful display! It's obvious that the problem of Nigeria is not the leaders alone.

Obviously, these people who are welcoming Governor Alamieyisiegha without asking questions about the money found on him would do the same if they were in his position. Shame on Nigeria - thieving leaders, thieving followers, thieving children, thieving adults. It seems that everybody is corrupt and democracy alone cannot solve corruption because it is normal for corrupt people to vote in corrput leaders. Shame on the [supporters], the man is stealing from them and they are hailing him!
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by whizkid(f): 4:13pm On Nov 21, 2005
Well, I pity his deputy whose privileges as the acting Governor has been caught short, or do I say taken away.

It is only in Nigeria that people in authority fail to tender their resignation when something like this happens. Here goes the anti-graft effort of this Government, It is a shame how corruption has eaten deep into the minds of our people- it is even worth celebrating in the case of the Bayelsa State Governor.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by ej: 4:20pm On Nov 21, 2005
It’s a shame, big shame that the governor of bayelsa state in southern Nigeria has jumped bail in London. He was standing trial for money laundry. That he jumped bail is an indictment on our democracy, if we want to be taken serious in the comitee of nations he should be impeached immediately by the bayelsa house of assembly.

The ball is in our court. However Britain need to look again at their security apparatus. If two people could escape persecution under their watch I wonder what kind of policing they gat. Joseph dariye the serving governor of platue state in northern Nigeria also jumped bail in a similar offence in London last year. Where are we heading Nigeria.

Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by kelvin(m): 4:33pm On Nov 21, 2005
WOW, am glad he's back in Nigeria. How did he do it? I hope they wont try to sanction Nigeria because of that. Ive always like that Gov, am sure his family are happy to have him back.
angry angry angryWhat.... U mean u like that guy.... yuk embarassed
I mean Bayelsa is the least developed state in Nigeria and then their governor is caught with a little(what about the ones we don't know about) sum of money in his London home... and now, his back..... angry
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by prettyH(f): 5:04pm On Nov 21, 2005
kelvin:

angry angry angryWhat.... U mean u like that guy.... yuk embarassed
I mean Bayelsa is the least developed state in Nigeria and then their governor is caught with a little(what about the ones we don't know about) sum of money in his London home... and now, his back..... angry
@ kevin
don't think it was mearnt like that. but if he comes home and pple hail and cheer ..for petes sake.. doesnt that signal acceptance at his wrongdoings. U talk of bayelsa state being underdeveloped..u seem to forget the state first elected him, then they have welcomed him despite this string of attrocities. As far as i'm concerned, they've given him a pat on the back to do with the state whatever he pleases to. Unfortunately only those not privy or associatd with the state house will suffer

Lets pray he doesn't get voted in again cos that'll be the height. And i trust obj dares nt summon him for fear of his own attrocities been made a public show.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by demmy(m): 5:09pm On Nov 21, 2005
Nigerians amaze me. First we complain about our corrupt leaders then we praise them. I guess we deserve the leaders we have. angry
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by razor(m): 5:20pm On Nov 21, 2005
This guy shoud be extradicted to London to face the court and jailed as he so deserved.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by abu: 5:46pm On Nov 21, 2005
I THINK HE JUMP B... JUST TO COMMISERATE WITH OBJ AND THE CITIZEN ON THE RECENT HAPPENING......WELCOME THE Tif
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by prettyH(f): 5:51pm On Nov 21, 2005
@abu

commiserate with who? he shd be ashamed of himself and hide his face
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by timmy(m): 6:26pm On Nov 21, 2005
i dont want to even talk about this

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Buhari Meets With Cameroonian President Paul Biya (Photos) / Fayose, Ambode, Amosun, Akeredolu In Abeokuta For South-West Governors Forum / Ajimobi Wins Oyo Governorship Election, Breaks 2nd Term Jinx

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.