Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,109 members, 7,814,893 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:15 PM

Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) (28479 Views)

Former Governor Escapes Death In Mecca Crane Crash / Gombe Governor Escapes Death, 14 Supporters Die / Nasarawa Governor Escapes Auto Accident, Three Killed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by Nobody: 10:33pm On Nov 29, 2005
thank you conscience, u're one of the few who share my oppinion that Pres. obj's letter is just what it is; a joke!

what advice is obj giving tony blair on how to police his borders when we all know nigerian borders are nonexistent. we don't even know where continental shelves start and end and we have no idea if the lagos barbeach belongs to lagos state, the federal government or cameroun. if in doubt pls ask the legislathieves. we do not know if the pple in bakassi are still nigerians or not (does florence ita-giwa still hold a nigerian passport?), a trip to the northern part of nigeria will reveal the joke that is called nigerian borders. at least UK officials told us authoritatively that they saw alami on security cameras, how did he pass thru our own borders without anyone seeing him?

obj shld not try to shift the focus, tony blair did not arrest alami, the british law did! alami did not steal british money but that of longsuffering nigerians, since alami is now in our midst, let us ensure justice is done instead of chasing shadows to the UK when the thief is right in our midst.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by Odeku(m): 10:52pm On Nov 29, 2005
David the thief is at home but protected by the crazy immunity law. that is an issue that the national assembly will have to look into. and they still need the senate to change those protection laws
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by joftech(m): 11:01pm On Nov 29, 2005
It's so shameful for Alamesia, his wife, children and their whole family linage that one of their forebear has spoil their family name for life world wide.

If i were to be a family relation with Alamieyeseigha as my surname i will change it overnight with supersonic alacrity.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by Odeku(m): 11:06pm On Nov 29, 2005
Jotech, its only hot now, in couple of weeks the story wont be as hot or high profile as it is now. I just wish this man get convicted before Obansonjo leaves. he might get a presidential pardon from the next regime. This is Nigeria remember, Money speaks, I am sure he got lot more money stashed someplace.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by Odeku(m): 11:08pm On Nov 29, 2005
One will think this politicians will learn from how Saddam and Osama and Idi Ami and Charles Taylor fell from power to scum. but I guess you are not a thief until caught red handed.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by omon(m): 11:10pm On Nov 29, 2005
People like Otokx make Nigeria a very difficult place...how can you be staring at a monster in the face and prefer to sing of his praise. I used to have visions that it will take our generation to change Nigeria for good.  What can we do with people like Otokx?  Next time they come around again to give you money, please tell them you have changed your mind and you have joined the bandwagon to uproot proverty, deprivation and despair from our land.  It is just an advice!
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by Odeku(m): 11:13pm On Nov 29, 2005
I still foresee hope for Nigeria, and it start with the youth of today. we are more advanced, and more high tech. I think we have compassion as well as all the old politicians are greedy self centered PIGS
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by Nobody: 11:14pm On Nov 29, 2005
David the thief is at home but protected by the crazy immunity law. that is an issue that the national assembly will have to look into. and they still need the senate to change those protection laws

sorry, if i know the national assembly well, it will take an earthquake to get such a law repreived. all it takes is for some money to change hands.

If i were to be a family relation with Alamieyeseigha as my surname i will change it overnight with supersonic alacrity

no you won't, u'd probaly have executed 2 or 3 failed contracts, a few white elephant projects and u'd maybe be in the Uk or america quietly enjoying your loot!
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by Odeku(m): 11:38pm On Nov 29, 2005
Well I still think the youth is the hope for that country. there has to be a liberation of the youth movement
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by KennyG(m): 4:17am On Nov 30, 2005
True, youth are the hope of Nigeria
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by otokx(m): 10:24am On Nov 30, 2005
@Omon; you are taking this matter too personal.

Nigerians abroad are the ones crying the most because of the "morbid fear" that the security agents in those countries will humiliate them. Even the ones crying here like the Governor of Yobe state who is promoting OBJ's third term bid is thinking of what awaits him when he steps out on the usual december holiday of course with more stolen money.

It appears some Nigerians in the diaspora have lost touch with what is on ground here at home. If you are consoling yourself that the Nigerian youth is the hope for tomorrow then you must be having some long term korsakov's psychosis. Have you not heard of the saying that my little finger is fatter than my father's waist. Just come and see what happens during JAMB exams then you will know whats the Nigerian Youth can do. The organized mafia in the US, Italy or even Liberia will bow when they come to Naija and will request for some tutoring in the advanced techniques that abound here.

I am not holding brief for ALAMS, what ever will happen to him is not going to affect me in any way. In fact a lot of people are cashing in on the situation to make as much money as they possibly can. Just imagine the artist who designed that picture where ALAMS is portrayed as a woman has amassed in such a short time. How ingenious? The people who are on the streets are earning a living because they could have been at home day dreaming and watching the popular tv dramas we call Home Videos.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by CimonJorr(m): 10:32am On Nov 30, 2005
DavidD...

"our attitude has always remained the reason nigeria has failed to progress over the years."

True.. but would you or wouldn't you say that there has been a steady improvement over the past couple of years... ??

how many of those foreigners are economic refugees here? how many of them have adopted nigerian citizenship?

You'd really be suprised.. Do a little bit of research.. the results might impress you..

nigerians abroad are mainly economic refugees and illegal residents!

.. Now this is a fallacy of the highest order.. I don't know why you have this impression; but please.. it's not true..  If you want some facts, just contact the various Nigerian cultural groups worldwide, even in the US where u live.. We can't allow a few bad apples spoil the whole bunch..

please in the socalled countries were the standard is adjudged to be higher, please might i ask WHY their standard is that high and ours is low? are they from mars? do they have three heads?
when are we going to function at the same standard? in 400 years time at this rate?

Please, if I may ask.. How old is Nigeria as a country?.. How old are these countries we are referring to ??.. Did they get to their present state over night... If such countries were to perform to the standard which Nigeria performs at presently, wouldn't you definitely say that something is wrong somewhere?..

Nigeria as a country and political entity has gone though a lot of political experimentation and development (this is the 4th time we've taken a stab at a functional democratic process, with countless interuptions by the military).. Since our leaders have refused to learn from the best practices of other places with better systems of governance, we can only develop at our own rate, and hope that with time, experience will be the best teacher.. Not to say that even in these "so-called" developed countries, things are exactly peachy.. Believe me, even in Nigeria's present backward state, it does have a lot to offer to the more "developed" societies of the world.. In terms of humaneness and morality..

I'm happy we agree on one thing though..

"our concern right now shld be less on the alledged porosity of the UK borders but on how Obasanjo's 6yr attempt at laundering our image abroad has been destroyed by the selfish and criminal act of a governor!"
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by omon(m): 12:12pm On Nov 30, 2005
@Otokx, sorry if I sounded personal, I never intended such. You are perhaps, one of my pals I have back in Nigeria. However, the truth is that we must not allow the ugly drama being played by our elders to last longer than necessary. This is the time we must take our stand!
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by kenflavor(m): 12:19pm On Nov 30, 2005
God has suffered in the hands of Nigerians. I saw Alams on AIT news just now saying ......... and I quote[b] "I have come to the Church that I built in the Government House, to thank God for my escape from UK and I am happy that this has been fulfilled" [/b] end of quote.

I weep for Nigeria. When armed robbers finish looting in Nigeria, they give thanks to God for a successful operation. angry
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by otokx(m): 1:07pm On Nov 30, 2005
@Omon; am quite relieved that its not personal

Taking a stand against corruption is easier said than done in Nigeria because it is fast becoming our way of life.

OBJ is visiting Port Harcourt beginning on Friday for two days. The only good roads are the ones leading to the government house at one end and the International Airport at the other end. All other roads are bad and yet the governor is beating his chest that he is the "golden governor". I don't see anything golden about bad roads, police men extorting money from the people they are meant to protect and causing traffic hold up day and night. That is what our politicians and senior military officers have resorted to, taking such useless titles as governor general, golden governor, owambe governor, etc, etc, etc

By the way it is an open secret that OBJ and his late wife STELLA are giving "stolen money" as estacodes, gifts each time they visit any state in Nigeria. Rivers State is the most visited state in the federation by both OBJ or STELLA, but that is no big deal because even most government officials do a lot of over invoicing to get extra cash while settling the accountants of the paying ministries. They call it overnight allowance. Banks do round tripping, as a matter of fact a lot of the money ALAMS stole passed through banks and not physically in suitcases (that's old fashioned) By the way the electricity situation has improved in Rivers State so at least Governor Odili dey try but make e 4 amend the road shoa!! ( We don't know how much he say them use do gas turbine wey suppose generate electricity)

There are still good people in Nigeria (like me grin) but what can we do in the face of overwhelming and massive "MADNESS" but to say our prayers for protection as we mind our own business as best as possible.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by otokx(m): 1:32pm On Nov 30, 2005
@kenflavor, do you know that some nigerian workers insist on having opening/morning prayers everyday at the, place of work, some even go as far as having midday/afternoon prayers and closing/evening prayers. I heard that one of their popular worship/praise songs in such spiritual interactions goes like this

"don't allow me (3x) to leave here empty handed"

then they proceed to steal the diesel in the company generator, petrol in the company car, they request for materials from the stores which they don't need and carry such to the spare parts market for onward disposal and sure every day they never leave "empty handed" but give praise to "God" for meeting all their needs. Isn't it He good and has he not done it they say. Life goes On.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by otokx(m): 9:53am On Dec 01, 2005
where is everyone, abi are you guys already tired?
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by kenflavor(m): 10:43am On Dec 01, 2005
I guess tired of your not seeing things the way they all see things.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by CimonJorr(m): 12:58pm On Dec 01, 2005
WORD ! ! ! ! ! grin grin grin grin grin

kenflavor:

I guess tired of your not seeing things the way they all see things.

otokx:

where is everyone, abi are you guys already tired?
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by otokx(m): 1:19pm On Dec 01, 2005
as a human being and not a robot am not obliged to see anything from anyone's point of view. i guess time is taking the shine of the moment and the usual memory loss syndrome is setting in.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by Bibi(m): 2:29pm On Dec 01, 2005
I think all the important views had been shared. recent inputs by otokx is off topic and personally, I dont see reason to continue with this lame discussion.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by Nobody: 4:01pm On Dec 01, 2005
all see the thief! click the link to the "DSP welcomes you video" to catch a glimpse of a rogue!

http://www.bayelsagov.com/dsp/dsp.html
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by demmy(m): 5:21pm On Dec 01, 2005
I agree with Bibi. The discussion is dead end now.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by otokx(m): 4:15pm On Dec 06, 2005
do u believe in the ressurection power? just a little while and this thread will be alive.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by madam: 10:37am On Dec 07, 2005
I heard that when he was in the Air force that was how he was thiefing money up and down.. He was even thrown out of the force but he begged to resign... the guy shd be languishing in Jail at least 4 the rest of his life..
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by Aderonke(f): 1:01pm On Dec 07, 2005
madam:

I heard that when he was in the Air force that was how he was thiefing money up and down.. He was even thrown out of the force but he begged to resign...

can u tell me frm d source u heard this? i want to b sure of the news i'm gonna tell my collegues about this to buttress my point over this issue grin thanks
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by madam: 1:58pm On Dec 07, 2005
An Ex Air Force officer was the one giving us the jist
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by Aderonke(f): 5:01pm On Dec 07, 2005
ok, thanks
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by adodo: 8:50am On Dec 27, 2005
For any Nigerian who can use a dictionary, kindly search for the words SHAME and DISGRACE crosscheck this words with their synonyms and antonyms, before you post anything related to this topic on this site.
I have been to a few countries btw North America ,Africa and Asia and, yu just have to feel how much embarassment this tout of a Governor has caused the already dented image of Nigeria.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by otokx(m): 4:28pm On Dec 27, 2005
we will continue to have a bad image as long as the right thing is not done.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by madam: 4:09pm On Jan 17, 2006
Ole! Ole! Ole!
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by Aderonke(f): 4:57pm On Jan 17, 2006
everybody know dat, its no new thing. Nigerian common national anthem now rolleyes rolleyes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Orji Kalu To Buhari: "Arrest Obasanjo To Prove You Are Fighting Corruption" / Senators Disagree With Amaechi Over Nigeria-Niger Republic Rail Line, Others / Timi Alaibe Withdraws From APC Governorship Primary In Bayelsa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.