Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,109 members, 7,818,307 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) (28489 Views)

Former Governor Escapes Death In Mecca Crane Crash / Gombe Governor Escapes Death, 14 Supporters Die / Nasarawa Governor Escapes Auto Accident, Three Killed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by CimonJorr(m): 11:08pm On Nov 21, 2005
But these british peeps.. them be mugu oh.. original correct authentic mugu.. how persin go swave u twice the same way...

the first one, e swave u..

the second one, e swave u pass..

Ode...
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by Odeku(m): 11:16pm On Nov 21, 2005
He probably went through France or another country to get to Nigeria
all he has to do is take a train out of london, and he is out of site. trust me someone help this guy to beat the law.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by Ka: 12:10am On Nov 22, 2005
But these british peeps.. them be mugu oh.. original correct authentic mugu.. how persin go swave u twice the same way...

I found this statement very funny. Do you really think that the UK government would have let him go if they had a vested interest in keeping him in the UK? For all you know, the UK government may have 'let him go' so that they wouldn't get involved in Nigerian political intrigues - their view might have been "let Obasanjo go and deal with Alamieyeseigha himself if he so big on fighting corruption".
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by Seun(m): 12:28am On Nov 22, 2005
One interesting angle to this issue is that our Attorney General travelled to the UK to testify that if they grant him bail he is likely to look for a way to escape. And this is exactly what he has done!
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by joftech(m): 1:24am On Nov 22, 2005
The pheonix of treasury looters is back to consolidate his looting activities.

Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by loma(m): 1:25am On Nov 22, 2005
Odeku (m)   Re: Bayelsa State Governor, Alamieyeseigha, Arrested In London!
« #129 on: November 07, 2005, 05:52 PM »  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't be surprise if he escape jail in London. they will find a way to beat the law.  I personally hope he goes to jail to show no one is above the law, and maybe people will start thinking twice before the loot.

You be soothsayer?
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by joftech(m): 2:52am On Nov 22, 2005
I heard our own Dis-honored(able) Governor managed to put on a wig, some mas(k)cara, women gucci eyeglases, and a good headgear to get to Nigeria.

Since no one have been able to post a good "mugshot" of our Dis-honored(able) thiefnor on his way home; I hope this depicts the "yeye" thiefnor on his way home after the  escape from dungeon, grin grin grin.

Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by Imnakoya(m): 6:17am On Nov 22, 2005
The people seen “rejoicing and dancing” at the reception for Alams were all hired hands. The reception is PR job paid for by Alams and his cronies to spin the things in the way displayed on TV.

I couldn’t help but notice the nonchalant and apathetic views of some regarding this topic. Though they are in the minority, it is saddening nevertheless and to maintain a state of indifference is wrong at this time. Yes, the Nigerian issue has taken a downward turn that best mimics a Nollywood movie; it is still a disservice to assume an “I-don’t-care attitude”.

Few are privileged to have such as a wonderful opportunity to speak up and be heard by the entire world (even if you feel nothing will ever happen), but it is troubling that this opportunity is not being used to the extent possible.

Every opportunity counts, so seize it and use it to the fullest. Be energetic and occupy your place in the scheme of things.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by realdj2003: 7:11am On Nov 22, 2005
fellow nigerians,i think the arrival of the governor is like a magic,one can imagine the kind of conspiracy that this  has,there are so many questions that has not yet been given an answer in this arrival of the governor
how did he get out of the police costudy
who gave him back his travel documents
what everybody should wait for is the official reaction of the  ferderal goverment because that is the only autoritative place to know what is going on and what will still come up
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by joftech(m): 9:06am On Nov 22, 2005
Bayelsa's Information Commissioner Oronto Douglas told the AFP news agency: "We woke up this morning and he was here... He said that God brought him here."

These political apologist who for a political post mortgaged their life and that of their children future by suppoting all these elected crooks.

If that bastard that call himself a Commisioner can attribute the escape of his thieving benefactor as an act of God i wonder what he will call the escape of a common criminal from a police custody.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by Bruekeleen: 9:09am On Nov 22, 2005
Can somebody line up all men and women of the Customs & Immigration Department, including the
roaches and rodents on duty (the day of his arrival back to Nigeria), how this happened.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by kenflavor(m): 9:34am On Nov 22, 2005
@odeku's quote
And again lets face the law. He did not commit any crime in Nigeria, the crime was overseas, so he might get off. 

Odeku, I am really disappointed with this your post. Are u telling me that the money he stole isn't Nigerians?  

I weep for Nigeria  cry

@CimonJorr's Quote
To me, it wasn't pressures from the British Police which would have made him jump bail.. but the thought of his Power base at home erroding.. Because in the final analysis, that really is his main concern.. His own personal self interest and survival.. The same instincts which can make a man keep up to 1 million UK Pounds Sterling in his personal residence without fear or favour..

*man.. I have a headache.. I'm going for a bottle of Star... not more than one.. not less than one.. just one..      *

*I wonder when they'll make a movie out of this.. this is as good a material as any I've seen in recent times...*

My brother Simon, God almighty will bless you for saying exactly what had been running through my mind since last night. Nigerian Politicians will do everything possible to remain in government. After Mbadinuju killed the NBA chairman of Anambra state along with his wife, he was still trying to remain in government and now Mbadinuju walks freely on the streets of Lagos, Anambra and Abuja without any fear or intimidation.
I weep for Nigeria     cry cry.

Former Osun State Deputy Governor was voted into the Senate while he was in detention for killing an illustrious son of the South West,  Chief Bola Ige. Few months afer, he was given a presidential treatments at home (Osun State) and Abuja for killing a Minister and was given a rowdy welcome to the National Assembly. He was immediately installed as a Senator and issue of Bola Ige's death has been put into rest without any explanation from our government.
I weep for Nigeria   cry cry cry

@ Ka Quote

I found this statement very funny. Do you really think that the UK government would have let him go if they had a vested interest in keeping him in the UK? For all you know, the UK government may have 'let him go' so that they wouldn't get involved in Nigerian political intrigues - their view might have been "let Obasanjo go and deal with Alamieyeseigha himself if he so big on fighting corruption".

[b]Ka my brother, I think u are very right. They have made up their minds to allow Obasanjo to deal with the issue himself, if truly he meant business about eradication of corruption in Nigeria. But I am afraid Obasanjo will never try such thing. The highest that could be done is to suspend him 9Alaye-Mu-Siga) from the PDP like the case of that of Joseph Dariye and Chris Ngige, governors of Plateau and Anambra States respectively.
Obasanjo, himself is a thief, likewise the Senate President, the House of Rep. Speaker and this is why they can never prosecute either Dariye or Alaye-mu-siga. They are quite sure if they try any mess with them the breeze will blow and the anus of the cock will be widely blown open.

I weep for Nigeria  cry cry cry cry

Nigeria is a country where the rich will steal, embezzle and get himself a lot of wealth through bribery and corruption and afterwards he will be celebrated on the front pages of Newsapapers. A country where a poor man will steal garri/Kulikuli and his face will be shown on NTA Network News and on AIT's Crime Fighter.
I weep for Nigeria    cry cry cry cry cry.

My brothers and sisters on Nairaland, the next thing I think we should be concern about now, is how to convey a message to Obasanjo, Ken Nnamani, Aminu Messari and the Bayelsa State House of Assembly, to make sure without dalay Alaye-Mu-Siga is impeached and be thrown into Prison for life, atleast for stealing so much from this country, If not, by the grace of the almighty God that I serve they ( Obasanjo, Atiku, Ken Nnnamani, Aminu Mesari and the newly installed Bayelsa State Speaker) will all perish the way Abacha perished, in Jesus name.

I weep for Nigeria  cry cry cry cry cry cry

kenflavour[/b]
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by legs(f): 10:12am On Nov 22, 2005
I think its pathetic that we not only have a fugitive as a governor but also a cross dresser! They should not have let him out on bail in the first place because there was no guarantee that he would not have jumped bail. I am thoroughly digusted and if he had any morals he would be hiding himself as much as possible... but thats wishful thinkingon my part.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by Ajisafe: 10:49am On Nov 22, 2005
Obasanjo, Atiku, Ken Nnnamani, Aminu Mesari and the newly installed Bayelsa State Speaker) will all perish the way Abacha perished...

...including UMARU DIKKO (for stealing billions, escaping being caged, and living comfortably in Nigeria with impunity), IBRAHIM BADAMOSI BABANGIDA (for ruining Nigeria's economy, derailing democracy, and canceling the fairest elections in the history of our nation; also, for denying Moshood Abiola his rightful mandate), DIYA (for not listening to the Yoruba people telling him to leave Abacha's government), UBBA AHMED (for being a roguish Hausa/Fulani boy), SHONEKAN (for not leaving the stage when the ovation was the loudest, or should I say softest?), SHEU SHAGARI (for being a mediocre), ALEX EKWUEME (for being Sheu Shagari's partner-in-crime), SUNDAY ADEWUSI (for misusing his offices as the Inspector General of Police during the Shagari regime to kill many innocent Nigerians), AUGUSTUS AIKHOMU (for being Babangida's partner-in-crime), LATEEF JAKANDE (for supporting Abacha when he should have sided with the hungry masses!), RICHARD AKINJIDE (for cooking up the fruadulent formula, 2/3 of 19 and, for arguing irrationally to the point of rubbishing the innocent efforts of the late Dr. Ayodele Awojobi in court), ADISA AKINLOYE (for trying to celebrate his stolen billions on the eve of Buhari/Idiagbon's coup, and for having his name printed on bottles of expensive champagne for the celebration), and AL MUSTAPHA (for killing so many innocent Nigerians like Kudirat Abiola) Amin (Amen)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by CimonJorr(m): 11:58am On Nov 22, 2005
The Nigerian Customs Service has been separated from the Nigerian Immigrations Service for quite a while..

This is purely an Immigrations Service matter..

But I agree.. an inquiry must be done.. tongue

Bruekeleen:

Can somebody line up all men and women of the Customs & Immigration Department, including the
roaches and rodents on duty (the day of his arrival back to Nigeria), how this happened.

Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by loretta(f): 12:33pm On Nov 22, 2005
This is very sad. How can a whole Governor JUmp bail. He even dress like a Pregnant Woman so that he can escape. What a shame! And people of Bayelsa were rejoicing over a common thief. May God help us in this country
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by mckaycee(m): 12:45pm On Nov 22, 2005
I wonder how he managed to leave London.
Was he not on 24hrs suerveillance?
How could he have escaped without the knoledge of his captors?
I think that the people must have let him go because it's as if they realised something later and then decided to let him go in disguise.
He couldn't have beaten his captors like that, not london police who are fighting terrorism. No, not the British police I know.
Let's wait a bit, I think something is in the offing.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by Seun(m): 12:56pm On Nov 22, 2005
I don't think the London police will intentionally want to disgrace themselves by letting him go. The peoplle who paid 1.5 million pounds to secure his bail and guarantee that he'll show up on Friday, are the ones to suffer for this. sad
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by joftech(m): 1:02pm On Nov 22, 2005
I think the British let him off the hook since all other governors have now refused to carry another shipload of ghana-must-go bags to the street and banks of London.

I don't think the London police will intentionally want to disgrace themselves by letting him go. The peoplle who paid 1.5 million pounds to secure his bail and guarantee that he'll show up on Friday, are the ones to suffer for this. Sad

Seun they are not suffering anything[i] (except maybe some days in the slammer).[/i] Have anyone ever wonder the real source of that money too.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by sodi(m): 1:24pm On Nov 22, 2005
don't be fooled by the jubilant crowd of impoverishered people who were singing the praises of the bail-jumping, tummy-tucking, cross-dressing, money-laundering governor. they are an insignificant fraction of the entire citizenry of Bayelsa state. we'll always have sycophants amongst us. maybe some of dem been think say im go share some of the money for dem
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by ababoy1(m): 1:38pm On Nov 22, 2005
After reading all the commentary on this subject, I must avow that there is still hope for Nigeria. It is absolutely pleasant to know that many Nigerians here have not chosen to stick up for a coward whose morals left town a long time ago.

If people in downtown Yenagoa, still see him as a star or a suitable scapegoat, regrettably most of us don’t. This very poor excuse for a man must be detested and kept at arms length. Quoting Babs Ajayi "Alamieyeseigha has taken his misbehaviour too far and he must be made to pay in full and face the full wrath of the law" http://nigeriaworld.com/feature/publication/babsajayi/112105.html
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by prettyH(f): 1:45pm On Nov 22, 2005
ababoy1:

After reading all the commentary on this subject, I must avow that there is still hope for Nigeria. It is absolutely pleasant to know that many Nigerians here have not chosen to stick up for a coward whose morals left town a long time ago.

If people in downtown Yenagoa, still see him as a star or a suitable scapegoat, regrettably most of us don’t. This very poor excuse for a man must be detested and kept at arms length. Quoting Babs Ajayi "Alamieyeseigha has taken his misbehaviour too far and he must be made to pay in full and face the full wrath of the law" http://nigeriaworld.com/feature/publication/babsajayi/112105.html

[/quote

Who will make him face the full wrath of the law is a good question to ask? In Nigeria, those bestowed with such powers are unfortunately, no better than alama himself. Right now all they can do is bicker and talk but no one is ready to take the bulls by the horn and challenge him.

Anyone who tries it in Nigeria am sure will get their own share of public humiliationvia one way or the other.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by prettyH(f): 1:48pm On Nov 22, 2005
@ababoy1
Who will make him face the full wrath of the law is a good question to ask? In Nigeria, those bestowed with such powers are unfortunately, no better than alama himself. Right now all they can do is bicker and talk but no one is ready to take the bulls by the horn and challenge him.

Anyone who tries it in Nigeria am sure will get their own share of public humiliationvia one way or the other.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by Odeku(m): 3:16pm On Nov 22, 2005
kenflavor I am not saying he should not be punished, you and I know in Nigeria MONEY talks. If his counter part from Plateau state can escape and has not be repatriated to London to face charges. this man will use every resources available to him to beat the law. Its up to the president and the attorney general to make him dance to the tune of his music. This whole thing just makes me sick, and shows how bad this people are making us Nigerians look in the international world
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by Odeku(m): 3:21pm On Nov 22, 2005
Loma thanks. I know politics, and like I said before it all went down, that don't be surprise if he jump bail, and that was exactly what he did. Now The EFCC has to prove he stole the money from Nigeria. remember this guy is no chump. he was in the service I was told. so he knows how to beat the system, lets just all pray he get punished for this crimes as this will send clear message to other people. What is Nigeria becoming? people can steal and be welcome with open hands.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by Bibi(m): 3:23pm On Nov 22, 2005
Quote ""He came into government house, knelt down and prayed. Then he addressed thousands thanking the Ijaw people for bringing him back."

If the Almighty was Sopana, or Sango, he will strike him dead on his knees for this blasphemy, but God is all mercifull, probably laughing on his throne with amazement and amusement for this inglorious bastard of a clown.

....and thanking the thousands of Ijaw that brought him back  , hes back to finish the looting. Now he has to settle the mafia that smuggled him out for obviously a good price.

Anyway..a warning to nairalanders, watch out for the "full stop" org in Nigeria coming soon. Its a elimination squad for the likes of DSP. Nothing to fear.

No more comment.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by joftech(m): 3:27pm On Nov 22, 2005
According to this report it could have been that that bastard was magically teleported back to Nigeria. cheesy

According to Bibi these corrupt politicians will "repent" when they know some sn!pers are on the prowl.

Meanwhile I saw an “oyinbo dress” version of the runaway governor from www.

Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by Odeku(m): 3:39pm On Nov 22, 2005
I'm still shaking my head in disbelieve on this issue that the youth are rejoicing on his arrival, my question is what are they rejoicing over. will he share his stolen money with them? or are they just so blindfolded. Don't this youth read Newspaper or watch TV ? are they not Nigerians? someone please help me understand.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by omon(m): 3:59pm On Nov 22, 2005
I used to belive in the struggle by the Ijaw people, nut not any longer, I am sick of them now. After the actions of Asari and Alams, it is clear these people don't even know what they want.. I am now beginning to understand why the Northerners never wanted an increment in the oil resource allocation. Such monies will only end up in the pockets of celebrated thieves like Asari and Alams..
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by mckaycee(m): 4:15pm On Nov 22, 2005
I sorry! sorry o!
I sorry for Nigeria!
I sorry! sorry o!
I sorry for Africa!
(dc)
ye! ba mi O!
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by demmy(m): 4:18pm On Nov 22, 2005
Bibi I can feel you. Nigerian politicians need nothing less than a hit squad. They wont budge otherwise. They have shown that clearly enough. angry
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by joftech(m): 4:58pm On Nov 22, 2005
I think they have been envisaging that already, hence the recent penchant for bullet proof cars by them. Our senate just lavish a whole N20 million on just a single car recently for the senate president despite the fact that the former senate bought one not less than 4 years ago.

Bullet proof car or no bullet proof cars I know there are some bullet that can’t be avoided, (or have you seen anyone that avoided Mr. Death’s bullet).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

David Mark Secretly Begs Dan Onjeh To Withdraw Case From Court / Dele Momodu, Lauretta Onochie In War Of Words On Twitter / Why Osibanjo Not Participating In Tinubu’s Rallies – APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.