Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,820 members, 7,817,394 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:27 AM

Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) (28486 Views)

Former Governor Escapes Death In Mecca Crane Crash / Gombe Governor Escapes Death, 14 Supporters Die / Nasarawa Governor Escapes Auto Accident, Three Killed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by demmy(m): 6:34pm On Nov 21, 2005
What a shame. Apparently the thiefing gov. skipped bail dressed as a woman. This is shameful indeed.
Read the story
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by omon(m): 6:54pm On Nov 21, 2005
He escaped from london dressed as a woman...This is a tragedy for him to stoop so low.

Nigeria governor flees UK dressed as woman
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by lollipopps(f): 6:57pm On Nov 21, 2005
This is really annoying ............i am really ashamed
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by dude(m): 6:58pm On Nov 21, 2005
what i keep wondering is..he was on 24 hour surveilance. then how did he get out. eyin people, i suspect some abracadabra here.  

nairalanders, be careful and dont go anywhere near yenegoa oh..because this whole thing be like charly boy show.(anything can happen) grin
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by Jacqie(f): 7:02pm On Nov 21, 2005
Can u beat that!! It goes to show there are lapses in british security. I hope he is back to resign?
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by Odeku(m): 7:18pm On Nov 21, 2005
This is pathetic, and I can not believe what I am reading in the paper that some people are rejoicing at his arrival. If this guy is not prosecuted and dismissed from office in Nigeria. then Nigeria is going no where. He should be made a scape goat, and Nigeria government should repatriate him back to face all allegation against him. this is a prime example of power abuse in Nigeria.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by Odeku(m): 7:30pm On Nov 21, 2005
That is too funny, therte is more to that story on his escape. I wish he come to the States and try that crap. That is why they dont mess with yankee
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by buckeye(m): 7:31pm On Nov 21, 2005
dejavu!
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by Seun(m): 7:33pm On Nov 21, 2005
Jacqie: I hope he is back to resign?

Resign?  Apparently, you don't understand Nigerian politicians.  The man is here to secure his position as Governor of Bayelsa State!

Here is what we know about his escape:  His travel documents were seized, and he was granted bail under the condition that he must not leave London.  The case was adjourned till Friday, but he dressed up as a woman (aparently with false documents) and arrived in Nigeria this morning to a thunderous welcome by hundreds of supporters.

So he did not swim to Nigeria! (I am beginning to see the humor in this case cheesy)
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by Bibi(m): 7:44pm On Nov 21, 2005
jumped bail, dressed like a woman....how low can these shameless goons stoop?...On top of it all, the lowly condescending welcome, befitting a glorious thief.... cry ...sooo typical.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by demmy(m): 8:30pm On Nov 21, 2005
Now we wait to see how Obasanjo plan to deal with this sure crisis. The gov unaware to him has broken several laws here including documents forgery. He can't escape the consequences. He mustn't
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by joftech(m): 8:37pm On Nov 21, 2005
This is what i have been saying. Is only tragic death that can sanction all these corrupt public officials.

The level of poverty in these country is quite pathetic.

When people can troop out enmassse to welcome a bastard (propably to get a N1000 note) that has made their life a hell on earth it shows the people don't really know their right.

During the military era we don't have scenes like these. What we are witnessing will even make some citizen that they can go free after stealing money that belong to the masses.

When a whole governor and the president will keep a sealed mouth i wonder what right he has got to say they must prosecute 419ers, 419er in situations like this are even better than all these bastards.

On behalf of all those pensioners that are languishing in poverty nationwide i proclaim massive and un-ending sorrows on all these corrupt officials.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by darlingbas(m): 8:45pm On Nov 21, 2005
i say amen to that joftech
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by Odeku(m): 8:51pm On Nov 21, 2005
I wonder what right the president have to relieve this man of his duties, or is it in the hand of the state. this is a shameful act, and this man should cover his face. I personally think this man should be dealt with mercilessly.  This is why I said in one of my thread, Nigerians are the most corrupt people in the world. this man did not just jump bail alone. someone from Nigeria help falsified document, and help this man, out. The Nigeria government should fish all this people out and punish them to the full extent of the law.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by Odeku(m): 8:52pm On Nov 21, 2005
And again lets face the law. He did not commit any crime in Nigeria, the crime was overseas, so he might get off.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by joftech(m): 8:55pm On Nov 21, 2005
The Nigeria government should fish all this people out and punish them to the full extent of the law.

Where is the Nigerian government? The country is a big mess.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by dejiolowe: 8:56pm On Nov 21, 2005
They call him Alaye mu siga in my office...

I really welcome the guy, I have missed his fat tummy...

We shall see how this will play out but he has locked himself up for life in Naija coz I guess interpol would be everywhere for him. You can't blame the british too too much (I guess a mugu was in charge of the dude) coz the security when leaving UK is very low. They don't even stamp exit on your passports.

Education is very important. A nation without educated elite is almost doomed. The Ijaw people don't even know what is their own rights. When Ijaw talk about resource control, it is not the majority but the same set of tif tif politicians like Alaye-mu-siga that want the resource control to fill their ever expanding tummies.

Oro yi o ma leyin, ajantiele...
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by brightk(m): 8:58pm On Nov 21, 2005
It’s true he is back, but the guy no get shame for face self. I trust our fellow Nigerians. Them go dey follow 4 back like pikin when never see their parents for a some time. So what happens next, that guy deserve an award (criminal award), because before he can scale through the British government and their laws, there must be a handwriting on the wall of which nobody knows. The guy is an expert.

All na politics whether na 4 Nigeria or 4 UK or any part of the world. Politics na politics.

We dey lose dignity outside our nation. Imagine the kind of way when some UK people go take dey look us now embarassed money
embarassed embezzler
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by joftech(m): 9:08pm On Nov 21, 2005
Everyday i see around me people that don't know their rights. You tell them they can challenge these politicians they will just tell you that you are not serious.

Our people still have the military era mentality. Sirlear was voted in in Sierra Leone because those that are literate are more able to see were they want the future to be.

When people are informed about their rigths they will surely know when to gear up and takes what belongs to them. 

As long as we have overwhelming illiterates (those that doesn't know their rights) we will continue to be a backward moving nation.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by Odeku(m): 9:15pm On Nov 21, 2005
There has to be a legislation in Nigeria prohibiting this kind of act. now that this man escape, another Nigerian will pay for it severely in UK. they will be out to get Nigerians in UK for any Minor offense now, I fell for my people there.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by Odeku(m): 9:18pm On Nov 21, 2005
So where is his wife Now? is she still In London, or she jump bail too?
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by Danfo(m): 9:38pm On Nov 21, 2005
Thinking out aloud:

.......Hmmmm... why are the people rejoicing to see him, can't they see that he is their open enemy depriving them of the means of good living?...
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by xonnix(m): 9:40pm On Nov 21, 2005
Nigeria is doomed. I pray God's intervention... Help us oh God, save us from his kind.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by ondogi: 9:41pm On Nov 21, 2005
i feel like crying, is just too sad. imagine what this nation as turned into? what a colossal shame!!!!! but well there's God and justice will definitely be done. No thief shall go unpunished.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by Odeku(m): 9:53pm On Nov 21, 2005
WELL my people lets just wait and see what happen in the next couple days. I am sure the attorney general can press some charges against this man, we shall see.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by omon(m): 10:13pm On Nov 21, 2005
He has disgraced himself as an ambassador of the nation...surely, he will never get away with this. All Ijaws should denounce this.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by Bibi(m): 10:29pm On Nov 21, 2005
Land of Glorious thieves and shameless praise singers.

There is nothing to wait for - The immunity clause renders all prosecution powerless. And I do not think that any treaty exist between Nigeria and UK that overides immunity within Nigerian borders, so no extradiction.

Now we have two innocent governors jumping bail, using fake travel documents, dressed like a woman and recieved with a red carpet.

...I wonder where the loyalty of the so called Ijaw youths is. I really begin to detest their struggle. Charity begins at home.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by CimonJorr(m): 10:33pm On Nov 21, 2005
I'm sorry to say that I just got this information via txt from Nigeria.. Not because I don't follow the news, but because for the last couple of days I've been running helter-skelter trying to get some things sorted out...

When I finally got to the BBC news website, and read the article.. I must confess.. I became SAD... Really really SAD.. I wouldn't go as far as saying on the verge of Depression.. but pushed to the limit.. really at the limit..

To the sychophants who welcomed the b@$tard back, I can only wish them well.. I wonder how much they would have been individually paid to come and partake in the "jamboree".. they must have all been wondering why there had been no money from the state for the last couple of weeks..

To those on this forum congratulating the man for getting home, well.. I guess they'd all better send the guy emails for their "personal invitations" to join in... I'm sure the guy must be in such a good mood at this coup d'etat [after all, he was once in the military, wasn't he..] that he would definitely be in a giving mood..

To those who are waiting on the Nigerian government to do something.. I pity them.. If they had the most basic knowledge of the Nigerian constitution; or even if they had been following the posts on Nairaland so far, they should have come to the realisation that the guy is "home free"... there's nothing that can be done to him now.. In Nigeria, he has Constitutional Immunity.. IRREVOCABLE....From arrest.. from investigation.. from prosecution (and persecution for that matter).. from anything (but a $nipper's bu!!et or the call of the Lord)..
To me, once the dust has settled down, guess who's going to be at the forefront of pushing for a 3rd term.. or alternatively, moving into another Immune position of political influence.. No one takes my 1 Pound for the correct answer to that question.. I guess he's just going to wait it out the Political Tsunami he's just caused, and hope that time will either erase it from people's minds or lessing the empathy which he's caused by his actions, both locally and internationally..

To me, I agree with the people who say that the innocent ones are now going to bear the brunt of someone's anger.. I just pray it isnt't a mere mortal like me..

To the airline which carried him in the first instance.. they should be prosecuted with the fullest extent of the law.. both internationally and within Nigeria.. this is the height of lackadasicality and irresponsibility.. to imagine the ammount of debaseness with which they harrass and embarrass innocent Nigerians, and then this happens.. I wonder when we will finally find out which one actually carried him.. I wonder if they'll plead that they did not know.. or if they'll say he had "legitimate" travelling documents on him.. Probably "genuine" documents made at the Bayelsa State Immigrations Command...

To those that wonder at the timing of the "escape".. if they've been following the political developments in the Bayelsa state, they'll know that he had no other choice if he wanted to remain the state governor.. His political machine was being dismantled piece by piece.. his hench men in the state house of assembly (the speaker and deputy speaker) had just been removed, the Deputy Governor was being prevailed upon to resume the full duties of becoming an Acting Governor (and needless to say that he was seriously thinking of becoming the Acting Governor, both for the interest of the state, which had slumped into executive & legislative doldrums, and his own interests as well...) till tomorow, it will not take a rocket scientist to determine why a governor who purportedly sent a letter to the state house of assembly requesting for a 120 day leave of absence did not deem his deputy fit to stand in his place for the period when he would have been away...

To me, it wasn't pressures from the British Police which would have made him jump bail.. but the thought of his Power base at home erroding.. Because in the final analysis, that really is his main concern.. His own personal self interest and survival.. The same instincts which can make a man keep up to 1 million UK Pounds Sterling in his personal residence without fear or favour..

*man.. I have a headache.. I'm going for a bottle of Star... not more than one.. not less than one.. just one..  sad undecided cry cry cry*

*I wonder when they'll make a movie out of this.. this is as good a material as any I've seen in recent times...*
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by sade(f): 10:42pm On Nov 21, 2005
I'm thinking and I don't even know what to say because I'm really disappointed and ashamed of my own country.Nigeria has become something else.I don't even know where the  country is going.These days I find it hard to introduce myself as a Nigerian because people give you a second look when you say you're a Nigerian.
 The funniest thing is him being welcome with an open hands..its ridiculous.If Nigeria will be better then not in our generation..maybe 100 years to come because I'm scared.Its a big blow on we Nigerians and there's nothing we can do about that.
  No one has answered this question:what was he doing with such huge amount of money when poverty is all over his state?
  Those who helped in the protest the first day he was arrested here were given £200  each before the protest and some amount after.Well I don't know what else to say.Anyone that commits atrocity in the UK will definatly resign but its only in Nigeria that an ex-convict will be the governor infact will even win a post right in the prison and its only in Nigeria that people like Alamieyeseigha will come back to Nigeria and continue his regime.
 It's ridiculous!
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by prettyH(f): 10:47pm On Nov 21, 2005
cimonjorr, no give urself headache, alama no worth the trouble. all those that are talking of pressing charges, u seem to forget that we are in nigeria....anything goes. i can bet that by next month..next ke..even next week everything go don settle for abuja.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by Odeku(m): 10:55pm On Nov 21, 2005
I wonder what his family , friends ,and kids think of him, will anyone be truthful, and tell him how disgusted they are at his action, or money make you shut up?
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Escapes from London, UK (Now in Nigeria!) by bagoma(f): 10:59pm On Nov 21, 2005
Indeed it is so so SAD.
kai, will it never get better? cry cry
why are we surprised that he has people singing his praises. satan himself has followers so no matter how bad a person is some people will hail him.
Its a pity.... its a shame.... its horrible.... it only gets worse.... its a nightmare.... one that i'm afraid we'll never wake from.....
ohhhhh sad sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Senator Dino Melaye Uncovers $137m Fraud In NNPC / Senators Disagree With Amaechi Over Nigeria-Niger Republic Rail Line, Others / Amaechi, Buni Pay Courtesy Calls On The APC National Chairman (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.