Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,475 members, 7,958,440 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 02:25 PM

How To Stop Unsolicited Messages From Mtn,airtel,glo, Others - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Stop Unsolicited Messages From Mtn,airtel,glo, Others (34651 Views)

NCC Releases Short Codes To Stop Unsolicited SMS / Deactivation Codes To Stop MTN Unsolicited Messages / How To Stop Airtel Unsolicited Messages That Are Stealing Your Credit Yourself (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Stop Unsolicited Messages From Mtn,airtel,glo, Others by wizkidblogger(f): 3:52pm On Jul 04, 2016
Mtchew. There will always be a way around it...
Re: How To Stop Unsolicited Messages From Mtn,airtel,glo, Others by oluspicy: 3:57pm On Jul 04, 2016
Nice development.

But guys if you wanted to stop unwanted or spam calls from these network provider, just download Truecaller application on Google play stores. Have been using it since last year and it works fine.

Besides, Truemessenger also works fine for these unwanted messages.

Good afternoon all!
Re: How To Stop Unsolicited Messages From Mtn,airtel,glo, Others by squadvegas(m): 4:11pm On Jul 04, 2016
since i sent stop to that code, na now i con see text messages de land for my phone like missiles, i for kukuma no try am atall

1 Like

Re: How To Stop Unsolicited Messages From Mtn,airtel,glo, Others by BermudaTriangle(m): 4:34pm On Jul 04, 2016
Oliviaxx:
angry ftc after 5yrs on nairaland undecidedi dont really know what all the hustle is about.i feel nothing angry
Lalasticlala, Seun...where's my consolation prize? undecided undecided

That reminds me, where is Lady F ?
Re: How To Stop Unsolicited Messages From Mtn,airtel,glo, Others by IME1: 4:51pm On Jul 04, 2016
hi NLers, i guess this most will help my earlier complaints against airtel. i bought N200 credit to test them. but they cannot go Scott free from stealing my N500 credit,
so help
this is a serious SOS
that is preventing me from evening looking at my phone or checking my airtel account balance.
On Sunday i bought N500 airtel credit in a bus park since i was embarking on a trip.
i loaded it and it was successful. i now had a balance of about N508 thereabout.
between Sunday and Monday i kept receiving e-job 'flash' messages (not even proper sms)
that i kept ignoring them as i was not interested, the jobs were not in my area and I DID NOT SUBSCRIBE FOR E-JOB ALERTS.
By Tuesday i sent a text and received an airtel notification that my text was sent at N4 and my balance is now N124!!!
i was livid! i called customer care immediately and they told me i had subscribed for e-job alerts!
i told them i did no such thing because:
-i have a job to God's glory
-i have worked for a number of years
-my phone is not touch screen so they is no question of if i mistakenly subscribed
the customer care agent gave many gibberish excuses and told me she would unsubscribe from their centre and gave me a format and a number to text to also unsubscribe.
i did still wondering how i would get my over N330 credit e-job alerts had taken.
By Wednesday i still got the alerts and kept checking my credit balance.
to my chagrin i kept watching N30 being taken away with each passing text which were coming in bulk.
i called the customer care line 3 different times, spoke to different people and insisted on speaking with their supervisor which i finally did.
none of the conversations i had with them yielded anything positive.
i was told my credit would not be refunded and i will have to wait for 12 hours before i am removed from the e-job subscription! by then i had N34. after raked for them. i cut the call and got the next e-job alert which also took the last N30!

Nlers i wish to pursue this matter because:
-what is the guarantee that if i re-charge my phone i will not be debited again
-why should my money go? if i had loaded N1000 or more is that how i would have lost my money
-if i had only one line would i have been stranded for the irresponsibility of airtel and overzealous service providers
-i am not the only one that has experienced this
-i did not subscribe why should i be automatically made to pay for what i dd not ask for

I would post this in every possible thread until it gets the attention of airtel.
if anyone know how i can reach NCC to complain pls tell
is there any other way i can get justice
is NCC the only regulatory body
how do i get a more authoritative airtel staff to address this matter?

Help oh... because sadly i have had this line since Econet (2003)
imagine how they are treating such a long time customer.

AIRTEL SCAM ALERT

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Stop Unsolicited Messages From Mtn,airtel,glo, Others by Oliviaxx(f): 5:01pm On Jul 04, 2016
BermudaTriangle:

That reminds me, where is Lady F ?

Amarom undecided
Re: How To Stop Unsolicited Messages From Mtn,airtel,glo, Others by Ghost447(m): 5:01pm On Jul 04, 2016
I hope it will not stop bank alert?
Re: How To Stop Unsolicited Messages From Mtn,airtel,glo, Others by Myself2(m): 5:23pm On Jul 04, 2016
Fairgodwin:
I tried it on the Airtel network but guess what it said? "successful, you can now receive all messages from Airtel."
Thats a lie.
What it says is that your opting for FULL DND was successful.Meaning FULL DO NOT DISTURB

1 Like

Re: How To Stop Unsolicited Messages From Mtn,airtel,glo, Others by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jul 04, 2016
I'm anticipating these network providers will surely come up with some kind of scheme to make customers opt out of the DND plan.
Re: How To Stop Unsolicited Messages From Mtn,airtel,glo, Others by karleone(m): 5:42pm On Jul 04, 2016
tansho:
Some phones can block numbers and contacts. You don't need all that crap from NCC or network providers

Mr Man, since some phones don't need it, don't you think NCC/Network Providers created the "crap" for those phones that need it?

#OverSabi will just be killing Nairalanders.

1 Like

Re: How To Stop Unsolicited Messages From Mtn,airtel,glo, Others by steve6: 6:21pm On Jul 04, 2016
Interest !
Re: How To Stop Unsolicited Messages From Mtn,airtel,glo, Others by lakefist(m): 6:25pm On Jul 04, 2016
Chosen1984:
GREAT INFO OP! GOD BLESS YOU!! THIS GUYS COULD BE A MENACE TO ONE'S PEACE!!

NCC WE ALSO NEED TO STOP THIS MTNPROMO.COM SCAMMERS! THEY ARE EVERYWHERE!!

Its simple get their hosting provider and report their activity.
Re: How To Stop Unsolicited Messages From Mtn,airtel,glo, Others by professore(m): 6:48pm On Jul 04, 2016
I like this
Re: How To Stop Unsolicited Messages From Mtn,airtel,glo, Others by bamac(m): 8:50pm On Jul 04, 2016
After receiving confirmation sms for dnd i still got a call and sms from airtel this evening. I know that nonsense thing will not work.

1 Like

Re: How To Stop Unsolicited Messages From Mtn,airtel,glo, Others by Azeeztaophic(m): 9:04pm On Jul 04, 2016
Thank God I am free from this pp.
Re: How To Stop Unsolicited Messages From Mtn,airtel,glo, Others by slimfresh(m): 11:12pm On Jul 04, 2016
Impressive!!!..tried it on my glo line and I got this...

Re: How To Stop Unsolicited Messages From Mtn,airtel,glo, Others by arusoncd(m): 11:39pm On Jul 04, 2016
AND never again harass subscribers with unwanted messages. Amen.
Re: How To Stop Unsolicited Messages From Mtn,airtel,glo, Others by Nobody: 6:51am On Jul 05, 2016
Oliviaxx:
angry ftc after 5yrs on nairaland undecidedi dont really know what all the hustle is about.i feel nothing angry
Lalasticlala, Seun...where's my consolation prize? undecided undecided

Please did u attend any CPM church before
Re: How To Stop Unsolicited Messages From Mtn,airtel,glo, Others by Oliviaxx(f): 7:27am On Jul 05, 2016
crixtex:

Please did u attend any CPM church before

Lol no
Re: How To Stop Unsolicited Messages From Mtn,airtel,glo, Others by Oliviaxx(f): 7:29am On Jul 05, 2016
slimfresh:
Impressive!!!..tried it on my glo line and I got this...

Is that a downloaded theme? Or a launcher
Its nice
Re: How To Stop Unsolicited Messages From Mtn,airtel,glo, Others by Oliviaxx(f): 7:30am On Jul 05, 2016
karleone:

Mr Man, since some phones don't need it, don't you think NCC/Network Providers created the "crap" for those phones that need it?

Lmao! grin
Re: How To Stop Unsolicited Messages From Mtn,airtel,glo, Others by Nobody: 9:04am On Jul 05, 2016
Oliviaxx:

Lol no
Aiite... ma'am
Re: How To Stop Unsolicited Messages From Mtn,airtel,glo, Others by drololaaof: 9:23am On Jul 05, 2016
Good enforcement is the real thing but they MNO'S have device another method by sending flash msgs since 1 July 2016
Re: How To Stop Unsolicited Messages From Mtn,airtel,glo, Others by tansho(m): 3:53pm On Jul 05, 2016
karleone:

Na me do you? Why take my post personal? Is it your duty to moderate what people post on this forum? In what ways did my comments affect your life? Miserable busy-body
Re: How To Stop Unsolicited Messages From Mtn,airtel,glo, Others by oduz: 5:56am On Jul 06, 2016
I have tried 'STOP' to 2442 on Airtel but no show.

I have also tried '0' over ten times

I hope to continue when Day breaks

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Recover Deleted Photos On Iphone And Android Phones / Tips On How To Repair Phones(software And Hardware Problems) / Funniest Memes On Galaxy Note 7 Explosions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.