Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,225 members, 7,825,865 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

Must Pastors Accept Cash Payment After Preaching in another Church? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Must Pastors Accept Cash Payment After Preaching in another Church? (4810 Views)

Policewoman Spotted Preaching In A Bus In Lagos Today: (pic) / Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up / Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must Pastors Accept Cash Payment After Preaching in another Church? by Nobody: 11:18pm On Sep 07, 2009
I talked this matter with my Mum and we had a long talk. But i wasnt satisfied with the answers i got. So im bringing it to the house.
Its normal in the Churches that when a Pastor comes visiting, he usually leaves with some good amount of money that comes from offerings (in the services he handles),  money for prophetic calls, water for pastor, covenant seeds, faith seeds and etc.
A visiting Pastor once preached in a rccg parish in which i was present. Well he did some "holy ghost" wonders and people were falling from wall to wall. Then matter changed when he said God needs a covenant seed from "willing believers" with categories from N20k-N5k. Then he went down to N1k all the way to N100. So you have to drop something or your ego bruised with your own hands.
He went on to say he makes thousands of naira when he goes for pastoral work in another church. Thats one of the ways God prospers you when doing his work according to the Pastor.
As a church goer you must have experienced familiar situations like this.
Is this whole action rightly justified in the bible especially in the Book of Acts? So whats your take on this?
Re: Must Pastors Accept Cash Payment After Preaching in another Church? by Abeem(m): 12:48am On Sep 08, 2009
Man, it is all about fleecing, nothing more.
You asked for help in trying to understand how the pastor can justify the fleecing of the congregation in the name of religion but nobody is willing to bet the cat and tell you the truth. Well the truth is, the action of the pastor is fraud and robbery of the people, pure and simple. People are so confused in their dogma that they can't even use their number six to reason.
Re: Must Pastors Accept Cash Payment After Preaching in another Church? by Nobody: 7:20am On Sep 08, 2009
This Practice is commonplace in our Churches today. Is this really ok? Must a Church pay a Visiting Pastor after finishing his assignment?
Re: Must Pastors Accept Cash Payment After Preaching in another Church? by Nobody: 7:37am On Sep 08, 2009
Do not deny a workman of his wages, do not muzzle the ox that threads the grain. Why shouldn't a pastor be paid for services rendered? Afterall that is the business he does.
Re: Must Pastors Accept Cash Payment After Preaching in another Church? by Tudor6(f): 7:44am On Sep 08, 2009
This is really becoming an annoying problem. . . . Worst is the bainwashed congregation fail to see these two-kobo bastard pastors for the crooks they are.

It's shameless kleptomaniacs like idahosa, oyedepo, Adeboye and co that pioneered this holy crime business. The early nigerian church was all about righteousness, holiness and charity but when these hungry fools appeared on scene with their "word of faith" crap it became money! money! money!

The government had better do something about this growing trend. Advance fee fraud has graduated into something hollier. . . It was a good first step banning fake and staged miracles on TV by charlatans like pastor chris. We just hope to see more action.
Re: Must Pastors Accept Cash Payment After Preaching in another Church? by KunleOshob(m): 1:01pm On Sep 08, 2009
1 Peter 5:2-3:
2 Care for the flock that God has entrusted to you. Watch over it willingly, not grudgingly not for what you will get out of it, but because you are eager to serve God. 3 Don’t lord it over the people assigned to your care, but lead them by your own good example.

Titus 1:11:
11 They must be silenced, because they are turning whole families away from the truth by their false teaching. And they do it only for money.
Re: Must Pastors Accept Cash Payment After Preaching in another Church? by petres007(m): 8:12pm On Sep 08, 2009
KunleOshob:

1 Peter 5:2-3:
2 Care for the flock that God has entrusted to you. Watch over it willingly, not grudgingly not for what you will get out of it, but because you are eager to serve God. 3 Don’t lord it over the people assigned to your care, but lead them by your own good example.

Titus 1:11:
11 They must be silenced, because they are turning whole families away from the truth by their false teaching. And they do it only for money.

That clearly describes these charlatans.

Tudór:

This is really becoming an annoying problem. . . . Worst is the bainwashed congregation fail to see these two-kobo bastard pastors for the crooks they are.

It's shameless kleptomaniacs like idahosa, oyedepo, Adeboye and co that pioneered this holy crime business. T[b]he early nigerian church was all about righteousness, holiness and charity[/b] but when these hungry fools appeared on scene with their "word of faith" crap it became money! money! money!

The government had better do something about this growing trend. Advance fee fraud has graduated into something hollier. . . It was a good first step banning fake and staged miracles on TV by charlatans like pastor chris. We just hope to see more action.

Quite true.
Re: Must Pastors Accept Cash Payment After Preaching in another Church? by Nobody: 4:00am On Sep 09, 2009
I know those verses by Kunle are very true then 80% of Nigerian Pastors including the highly influential ones are Really CROOKED HEADS,
Re: Must Pastors Accept Cash Payment After Preaching in another Church? by executinal(m): 4:05am On Sep 09, 2009
well it les for the church if they give a token package to their visitor
Re: Must Pastors Accept Cash Payment After Preaching in another Church? by Nobody: 4:12am On Sep 09, 2009
executinal:

well it les for the church if they give a token package to their visitor

A token. Pastors love that word, a Token.
Re: Must Pastors Accept Cash Payment After Preaching in another Church? by KunleOshob(m): 9:16am On Sep 09, 2009
babaearly:

A token. Pastors love that word, a Token.

And that token word is hypocritical, i actually know of a popular Lagos bishop who complained that his church members were giving to little and he found it embarassing when his church members were asked to contribute a "token" for a visiting pastor.
Re: Must Pastors Accept Cash Payment After Preaching in another Church? by Maykelly(f): 10:56am On Sep 09, 2009
@topic: what ever that is given to the priest is for the priest, to the church to the church, and to God to God.
Re: Must Pastors Accept Cash Payment After Preaching in another Church? by richjohn1(m): 12:54pm On Sep 09, 2009
Religion intoxicates like achohol, I think its only in religion you see amazing and daft things. Its only religion that can make a man drop a month's work pay in the name of 'first fruit', its only in religion you'd see someone empty his pocket for a 'man of gawd', its only in religion I see insanity at its peak. grin

I can never blame those crooks I will only and always blame the people that allowed them to be brainwashed! sad
Re: Must Pastors Accept Cash Payment After Preaching in another Church? by KunleOshob(m): 1:50pm On Sep 09, 2009
May kelly:

@topic: what ever that is given to the priest is for the priest, to the church to the church, and to God to God.

And must the "priest" shamelessly beg solicit for money
Re: Must Pastors Accept Cash Payment After Preaching in another Church? by abose(m): 2:11pm On Sep 09, 2009
"Religion is the opium of the people", Karl Max smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Must Pastors Accept Cash Payment After Preaching in another Church? by Nobody: 3:38am On Sep 10, 2009
@may kelly
then we have to drop covenant seeds, first fruit, faith seeds, building offering, water for pastor, pastor birthday gift etc for your so called 'priests'. How can you use the bible to justify that?
Re: Must Pastors Accept Cash Payment After Preaching in another Church? by Maykelly(f): 3:17pm On Sep 11, 2009
babaearly:

@may kelly
then we have to drop covenant seeds, first fruit, faith seeds, building offering, water for pastor, pastor birthday gift etc for your so called 'priests'. How can you use the bible to justify that?

No, not at all. Am not suporting pastor beging. I answered based on the topic - if the church feel lke giving a pastor or priest a gift, like money or any good thing; for me is not bad at all.

but for them to request for such - then know you that is no longer work of God.
Re: Must Pastors Accept Cash Payment After Preaching in another Church? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 3:24pm On Sep 11, 2009
hehehehehe. . . .First time she finally make some senses,Wow!- shocked shocked Unbelievable changes is here at last.

Yes, thumb up. . .!!!!!
Re: Must Pastors Accept Cash Payment After Preaching in another Church? by Maykelly(f): 6:34pm On Sep 11, 2009
Ogaga4Luv:

hehehehehe. . . ,Wow!- shocked shocked
Yes, thumb up. . .!!!!!

For as the crackling of thorns under a pot, so is the laughter of the fool: this also is vanity Ecclesiastes 7:6
Re: Must Pastors Accept Cash Payment After Preaching in another Church? by spikedcylinder: 6:42pm On Sep 11, 2009
What can I say? Welcome to RCCG International Ltd.
Re: Must Pastors Accept Cash Payment After Preaching in another Church? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 6:53pm On Sep 11, 2009
Whats she Fabricking. . . ?,Maykelly you are totally empty of respect and even a disgrace you cant even proof yourself as a wise person.Hey dear you're not sharing with KID and must asure there is something going wrong with your Brain?,GO FOR CHECK!. I Enjoy sharing with you though but only show interest because i need stop the madness going on right now inside you-peherps i didn't mean to abuse your freewill to so whatsover you want but Consider there's time for every thing. . . .(We are not playing here) be serious and stop wasting your bible on me.The Bible is a Bad Book and thats what spoiled you my dear,The Bible alway's brings seperation in a peaceful relationship,brain washing  people and x-changing their mode of thinking. I Disagree with a Book Insulting people FOOL FOOL FOOL FOOL FOOL ,and FOOL always and same time Saying: He that Curse another person YOU FOOL is already in Danger of HELL ,proofs the Bible is from HELL. People reading it are of HELL and nothing much.

What has the church done?

From the very first it taught the vanity -- the worthlessness of all earthly things. It taught the wickedness of wealth, the blessedness of poverty. It taught that the business of this life was to prepare for death. It insisted that a certain belief was necessary to insure salvation, and that all who failed to believe, or doubted in the least would suffer eternal pain. According to the church the natural desires, ambitions and passions of man were all wicked and depraved.
Re: Must Pastors Accept Cash Payment After Preaching in another Church? by yommyuk: 1:25am On Sep 13, 2009
Must Pastors Accept Cash Payment after preaching in another chruch?

Yes and No

Lets say for example You have someone like T D Jake invited to a church. Surely this will attract more people than usual attendance. Meaning probably more revenue will be generated. Now as a matter of courtesy, the Host Church should have a system in place on how to deal with such situation. For example;

1. Have a Fund account in place that caters for invited personage.
2. The commitee of the church should have agreed on a fixed amount before hand to give such invited Pastors

Now, the relevant question I will ask is should the invited pastor demand money b4, during or after a preaching section.
My answer is No.
The question that will come to mind is why? If the Pastor states that the money is for a certain cause which will aid the Good News. Fine.
Otherwise I will keep my hand in my pocket and Will feel no shame about it. No pressure at all. That is why I refuse to go to this so called Glory! Wonder Wonder Churches.

The bible says People Perish due to lack of knowledge. So therefore If you are giving because of pressure, I beg na your money wey perish be dat.
You do not need a PHD in Theology or Divinity to figure that one out.
PEOPLE SHOULD WAKE UP!!! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Must Pastors Accept Cash Payment After Preaching in another Church? by Nobody: 6:16pm On Sep 13, 2009
@ yommyuk
isnt catering for the pastor different than actual cash payment?
Re: Must Pastors Accept Cash Payment After Preaching in another Church? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 7:26pm On Sep 13, 2009
Satan has been the best friend the Church has ever had, as He has kept it in business all these years! This last statement is largely a declaration against dogmatic and fear-based religion. If there were no temptations, if we did not have the natures that we do, if there was nothing to fear, then few people would submit themselves to the rules and abuses that have developed in other religions (specifically Christianity) over the centuries.
Re: Must Pastors Accept Cash Payment After Preaching in another Church? by yommyuk: 8:25pm On Sep 13, 2009
isnt catering for the pastor different than actual cash payment?

That is my point. For a visiting pastor to demand actual cash payment without any real reason apart from sowing seeds. That is Manipulation.
Catering for a pastor as a gesture of goodwill and appreciation should be voluntary.
Re: Must Pastors Accept Cash Payment After Preaching in another Church? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 8:39pm On Sep 13, 2009
[size=13pt]Did you just say (GoodWill)? Explain me the Goodwill the so called pastors have been doing so far , I have alway's known how the pastors are Great Croocks! busy pretending and decieving people to give Offering to a Hiding God and the worst they toke interest and large privillage in the name of God by Collecting more than 15 Basket of Offerings at same time. but wouldn't care to see most poor people going to meet them for help,later the cover up ,giving out forms to fill and only those on appointment with the pastor allowed. Im pointing out straight to the Greedy and wicked men of God(s) claiming they have been doing good will

What are they doing with all the Offerrings,name it.

[/size]
Re: Must Pastors Accept Cash Payment After Preaching in another Church? by dgreatrock(m): 8:43pm On Sep 13, 2009
Cash payment?
It is a thank you stuff
Re: Must Pastors Accept Cash Payment After Preaching in another Church? by yommyuk: 9:53pm On Sep 13, 2009

By their fruits u will know them. That is my Philosophy. cool
Re: Must Pastors Accept Cash Payment After Preaching in another Church? by dgreatrock(m): 10:07pm On Sep 13, 2009
yommyuk:

By their fruits u will know them. That is my Philosophy. cool

the churches and minisstries must be run with money, or will you work in a church without pay and you have bills to settle?
Re: Must Pastors Accept Cash Payment After Preaching in another Church? by GODSON2009(m): 10:55pm On Sep 13, 2009
@poster
i dont know which pastors or man or woman of GOD you have been listening to,but speaking of redeemed church a visiting man of GOD is not required to collect any payment(known as honorarium)some members and churches show appreciation and he/she will gladly collect any amount given him,people who are mostly given honorarium are evangelists,because it is a full time job and they have to often travel to all sorts of places hence they need the money for their upkeep and ministry logistics.if you check the visiting ministers rarely will you see the pastor of a church being given honorarium,they come as guests or friend of the house and the pastor being visited returns the favour as well

the reason some people call people out to give different amounts is just to offset the bills of the church that invited them,most times and i mean 9 out of 10 times they only raise the money and the church puts it back in the church purse,it is part of this money that will be used in clearing the expenses for the programme,giving honorarium e.t.c
Re: Must Pastors Accept Cash Payment After Preaching in another Church? by yommyuk: 12:55am On Sep 14, 2009
the churches and minisstries must be run with money, or will you work in a church without pay and you have bills to settle

Partly true! What should really run the church is love and the spirit of unison. Where this virtue exist, there will be no need to demand for money. Money will flow in voluntary.

A visiting Pastor once preached in a rccg parish in which i was present. Well he did some "holy ghost" wonders and people were falling from wall to wall. Then matter changed when he said God needs a covenant seed from "willing believers" with categories from N20k-N5k. Then he went down to N1k all the way to N100.

It is the above that is worrying. undecided
Re: Must Pastors Accept Cash Payment After Preaching in another Church? by dgreatrock(m): 12:45pm On Sep 14, 2009
undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Teacher's And Research Bible For Sale / Is It A Crime Not To Believe In Any Of The Holy Book? / Are There People In Hell Right Now? An insight into God's justice !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.