Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,740 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:21 PM

NNPC APPOINTMENT: PMB's Northanisation Policy In Progress - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NNPC APPOINTMENT: PMB's Northanisation Policy In Progress (10016 Views)

NNPC Appointment: Injustice And Southern Cowardice / Buhari Has Again Shown His Hatred For Igbos In NNPC Appointment – Ohaneze / The lopsided NNPC Appointment That Got Everyone Talking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NNPC APPOINTMENT: PMB's Northanisation Policy In Progress by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 8:24pm On Jul 04, 2016
Some never believed this news a year ago but it is fully coming to fruition.

Buhari In Secret Meeting With Northern Leaders, Urged To Pay Off Buhari, Tinubu And Other Demands

The details of a secret meeting between newly sworn-in President Muhammadu Buhari and some northern leaders have been revealed. The meeting took place at the presidential villa on Saturday night, 30th May, 2015.

These northern leaders told Buhari not to make the kind of mistake Dr Jonathan made by not massively developing the Niger Delta.

They asked Buhari to treat the north, mostly north-west and north-east like every day is his last day in office, citing the long absence of a northerner at the helm of affairs.

The Nigerian President was inaugurated at the Eagles Square in Abuja, on May 29, 2015.

Buhari, 72, defeated Goodluck Jonathan in March 28 elections — the first time in Nigeria’s history that an opposition candidate had beaten a sitting president.

An insider and attendee at the nocturnal meeting who demanded anonimity, squeaked to our reporters that the northern leaders made eight demands from Buhari, including:

1. Appointment of core northern Muslims in to key positions in the country.

2. Extra financial support for the 19 northern states.

3. Amnesty for Boko Haram, so that it would be an avenue to empower northern youths.

4. To establish a world class petroleum university in Katsina state.

5. To build another refinery in Kano state.

6. To pay off Tinubu and Amaechi for sponsoring his campaign, so that his presidency can be truly a northern presidency.

7. To place Ankio Briggs and Asari Dokubo on DSS watch list, seize their passports, because they can turn the Niger Delta region against his presidency.

8. And lastly they asked him not to honour the gay agreement between his party (APC) and the western countries.
Sources said Buhari agreed to try his best in the first seven demands, but he is not so sure of the last demand which is the gay agreement with western countries, because he is scared they would fight him, destabilize his government, and possibly edge him out like they did to Dr Jonathan.

The meeting had in attendance, Governors El Rufai, Aminu Masari, Abdulahi Ganduje of Kano, and Ibrahim Shehu Shema of Katsina respectively.
Others are Atiku Abubakar, Ibrahim Coomassie, Adamu Ciroma, Yusuf Maitama Sule, and Muhammad Danjuma Goje.

Meanwhile Aides of President Buhari, yesterday, explained why the president did not declare his assets publicly. They said he will make his assets known to Nigerians within the first 100 days of his stay in power in line with his pledge before the election.

Mixed reactions followed yesterday, on the report that the president and Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo had submitted their assets declaration to the Code of Conduct Bureau without immediately making them public.

A civil rights group, Socio-Economic Rights and Accountability Project, SERAP, argued that it was imperative for the duo to make public their assets. It said the action will indicate “their desire and commitment to ending corruption in the country.”

The Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, on its part, said it would allow Buhari to settle down for governance before taking him to task on his campaign promises.
However, some notable Nigerians disagreed over call for the public declaration of assets by the president and his vice president.

www.urhobotoday.com/?p=16512

6 Likes

Re: NNPC APPOINTMENT: PMB's Northanisation Policy In Progress by tit(f): 8:25pm On Jul 04, 2016
nice one by buhari!
all this people appointed,
are they not nigerians?
why the wailing?

i dont care where you are from so far ypu perform.
kachuku could not reduce the price of petrol like he promise.
if i am buhari i will fire him sef,.

1 Like

Re: NNPC APPOINTMENT: PMB's Northanisation Policy In Progress by luvinhubby(m): 8:29pm On Jul 04, 2016
seunmsg:
What is Abba Kyari doing on the board? For God sake, he's the chief of staff to the president. He has is hand full already, why is he still hustling for board appointment of public corporation? This is not so good at all.

Are you now a wailer

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NNPC APPOINTMENT: PMB's Northanisation Policy In Progress by Bethelwealthy(m): 8:30pm On Jul 04, 2016
Wailers: Another Northerner again
Zombie: Who cares, so long we get the dividend of democracy
Rational Thinker: Just like you've been getting from the ones that was appointed earlier abi?
Zombie: Whatever!! abeg who get garri, i never eat since may 2015.
Wailer: If it is my garri you want, oya Komangetit
..........to be contimued.

2 Likes

Re: NNPC APPOINTMENT: PMB's Northanisation Policy In Progress by junketer(m): 8:32pm On Jul 04, 2016
nitt:
Lols...

Frm Sardauna to Buhari

Una go tire.

If the south east cld not give PMB a vote n castigated the North and even the south west cos of a coalition called APC

then...

why make noise and want to reap where u did not sow.

PMB is even trying wt Emefiele et al, still holding their jobs.

Nigeria will be great again

hala to Amaechi and Rochas, two men wt foresight in the midst of the blind and prejudiced. I swear they would av been better if their ancestry were otherwise.

we south easterners didn't give buhari our vote because knew the kind of person he is. We are not at all surprised by his actions so far. We are only reminding our brothers down the west of how blind they were by voting this dullllarppo. Where is tinubu now? Oh, he's chopping half of lagos' revenue.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC APPOINTMENT: PMB's Northanisation Policy In Progress by babyfaceafrica: 8:40pm On Jul 04, 2016
GEJ started it,buhari is following his footstep

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NNPC APPOINTMENT: PMB's Northanisation Policy In Progress by TheFreeOne: 8:42pm On Jul 04, 2016
luvinhubby:

Are you now a wailer

You still dey ask as Buhari Mata dey go so

Zombies may soon become endangered species abi Na extinct species sef.

2 Likes

Re: NNPC APPOINTMENT: PMB's Northanisation Policy In Progress by ASL33: 8:42pm On Jul 04, 2016
seunmsg:
What is Abba Kyari doing on the board? For God sake, he's the chief of staff to the president. He has is hand full already, why is he still hustling for board appointment of public corporation? This is not so good at all.
It is called multi tasking. If you feel being cos and board member of nnpc is too much what happened to bring president and minister of petroleum? .

You blamed Abba Kyari for the double appointment instead of who appointed him.

1 Like

Re: NNPC APPOINTMENT: PMB's Northanisation Policy In Progress by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:47pm On Jul 04, 2016
fulanimafia:
I'm sure it would make you all happy if no single northerner was appointed. You claim your President is bigoted but you are ironically bigger bigots.
At the end of the day, PMB should try to ensure his future appointments are more balanced as that will be critical to his success, however it's the wailers hypocrisy thats just disgusting.

Nobody is saying the North should not be appointed, Haba!.

Northerners like Southerners are very important In the project Nigeria. All we are saying is that the President should be fair even if he won't treat equally. His action is creating animosity and bad blood.

You see core Buharists from the south are not happy. This Is not a wailer thing guy.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NNPC APPOINTMENT: PMB's Northanisation Policy In Progress by orisa37: 8:48pm On Jul 04, 2016
They unashamedly employed Bokoharam into Presidential Guard. This was how Hitler started till he almost ruined the world. Yoruba Proverb "before the ways of the wicked are perished, many righteous ways would have perished ten times over". How ever, God is in Control.

2 Likes

Re: NNPC APPOINTMENT: PMB's Northanisation Policy In Progress by modath(f): 8:52pm On Jul 04, 2016
malton:

Sismo,

I really am his biggest fan, as can be attested by the large grin splitting my face whenever he sets foot rightly.
But for me, that was the last straw.

My love for country and people goes deeper than the ephemeral. He's president only for the moment, but with a chaotic Nigeria, we all won't have any place to call home.

Appointments as these are the only sense of belonging there is to feel for most. How it is so difficult for him to rationalize that is something I have been unable to fathom.

This won't augur well for the unity of the country. It could pit Nigerians against each other faster than can be imagined.

I wish the best for him, and hope that he succeeds, but for the sake of posterity, I hope that he leaves, never to return. I'd rather we keep experimenting.

That's the one reason why a certain Kwankwaso does not appeal to me at all. Bigots and I do not relate!

That said, abeg assess well of. Even if na to contest, you know that we got you! wink

I wish you could trade places for a day... aswear you go pity me... I've deliberately avoided 2 people's communication this evening, i can't explain nothing, i am not an adviser.... I'm just a fan....

One thing remains though, Bubu has uncountable annoying faults but Jona was no option... I'll take this over someone who supervised genocide of a large number of the population in the name of "election" fund procurement....

Amosu returned 2bn of 45bn, do you know how much one helicopter even costs? That they sent gallant Air force officers to their death in scraps.....

As for contest, I wish, cheesy But I'm going to have to find a platform to attach myself to, if we all keep running away , only miscreants and thugs will rule us... If we dont occupy a position, we have to make sure the right people get there.. Kowa is a nice location.... Thieves never plenty.. Prof Sonaiya is also the real deal..

4 Likes

Re: NNPC APPOINTMENT: PMB's Northanisation Policy In Progress by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:52pm On Jul 04, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
GEJ started it,buhari is following his footstep
Not true Boss. GEJ was fair to ALL regions except the SW that weren't properly carried along.

The North was the biggest Beneficiary under GEJ. Fact is sacred

14 Likes

Re: NNPC APPOINTMENT: PMB's Northanisation Policy In Progress by fulanimafia: 9:00pm On Jul 04, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Nobody is saying the North should not be appointed, Haba!.

Northerners like Southerners are very important In the project Nigeria. All we are saying is that the President should be fair even if he won't treat equally. His action is creating animosity and bad blood.

You see core Buharists from the south are not happy. This Is not a wailer thing guy.

Who told you even core Buharists in the North are happy? We are just not hypocritical enough to pretend GEJ an Ijawman did not do worse.

Refer to the list on my previous post. Regardless, I encourage PMB to be the bigger person and embrace balance in future appointments, particularly with regards the SW and SS.

TonyeBarcanista:

Not true Boss. GEJ was fair to ALL regions except the SW that weren't properly carried along.

[s]The North was the biggest Beneficiary under GEJ. Fact is sacred[/s]

Lies. One of your most damaging mistakes is that you refuse to acknowledge that the 'North' is made up of 3 GPZ's (compared to 1 each for the other major southern ethnic groups) which are not just the most populated but are the largest and most politically savvy, and any northern sounding name appointed is attributed to a single region.

Your bias makes objectivity very difficult sometimes.

1 Like

Re: NNPC APPOINTMENT: PMB's Northanisation Policy In Progress by citizenY(m): 9:10pm On Jul 04, 2016
Somebody should tell Buhari say e don do. Haba!!!!!!

Ya Isa haka.

1 Like

Re: NNPC APPOINTMENT: PMB's Northanisation Policy In Progress by malton: 9:13pm On Jul 04, 2016
modath:

I wish you could trade places for a day... aswear you go pity me... I've deliberately avoided 2 people's communication this evening, i can't explain nothing, i am not an adviser.... I'm just a fan....

One thing remains though, Bubu has uncountable annoying faults but Jona was no option... I'll take this over someone who supervised genocide of a large number of the population in the name of "election" fund procurement....

Amosu returned 2bn of 45bn, do you know how much one helicopter even costs? That they sent gallant Air force officers to their death in scraps.....

As for contest, I wish, cheesy But I'm going to have to find a platform to attach myself to, if we all keep running away , only miscreants and thugs will rule us... If we dont occupy a position, we have to make sure the right people get there.. Kowa is a nice location.... Thieves never plenty.. Prof Sonaiya is also the real deal..

As in. Makes me wonder how you manage to calm fraying nerves at all times. You're easily the most diplomatic I've seen on here.

Left between him and Jona, I'll pick him a thousand times over. He's no doubt an upgrade in most sense of the word.

His major failings in my eyes, are his emotional attachment to certain things.

Prof. Sonaiya was an easy pick for me even in the last election. Wasn't even a contest. But seeing how much a chauvinistic country Nigeria is, I realized even then that she stood no chance at all.

If only our people will shed off that toga of jingoism.

They want better, but appear reluctant to make requisite sacrifices.

1 Like

Re: NNPC APPOINTMENT: PMB's Northanisation Policy In Progress by aresssa: 9:25pm On Jul 04, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
By @TonyeBarcanista

When Buhari first northernised the Defence Sector with his appointment of Northerners into offices of National Security Adviser,  Minister of Defence, Chief of Army Staff, and DG DSS, some of us raised alarm that the President has an hidden agenda but we were tagged wailers.

After he was through with the Defence sector, Buhari moved his 'shop' to the Internal Security/Interior/paramilitary sector with the appointment of Northerners to occupy offices of Minister of Justice/Attorney-General, Minister of Interior (Interior + Police Affairs), CG Customs, CG Immigration, CG NSCDC, CG Prison Service and more recently, the IG of Police.

While we were wailing on that, President Buhari, a Fulani man from the North has completed his onslaught on the Oil/Petroleum sector from which we derive most of our earning.

As part of his plot, he deliberately relegated Dr Ibe Kachikwu from the influential office of GMD NNPC to the post of a 'junior' Minister of Petroleum resources, while he assume the office of substantive minister in the ministry. The significance is that Mr Kachukwu will only act according to his dictates while he carries the full responsibility of the Minister of Petroleum Resources.

Earlier today, Buhari announced a new Board of NNPC of nine members. Of the Nine member board, Buhari not only 'returned' the GMD NNPC to the north, he also appointed SIX northerners into the Board leaving south with ONLY three slots. The northerners include;
Dr Maikanti Kaccalla Baru(North) as the GMD NNPC; Permanent Secretary Min of Finance Alhaji Mahmoud Dutse(North)- Member NNPC Board; Buhari's Chief of Staff, Abba Kyari(North)- Member; Dr Tajuddeen Umar (North)- Member; Mallam Mohammed Lawal(North)- Member; and Mallam Yusuf Lawal(North)- Member.

The only three southerners are Dr Ibe Kachikwu(South)- Ceremonial Chairman of NNPC Board; Dr John M.A. Thomas(South)- Member; and Dr Pius O. Akinyelure (South)- Member.

For avoidance of doubt, the powers of Chairman of NNPC board is limited to presiding over board meetings without wielding any significant influence, unlike the GMD NNPC or Petroleum Minister that has a lot of influence in the sector.

We must also bear in mind that the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Petroleum Resources Alhaji Jamila Shu’ara, is also from the North.

In other words, the Minister of Petroleum is from the North(Buhari), PS Petroleum Resources from the north, GMD NNPC from the North, and SIX out of Nine NNPC board members are Northerners.

President Buhari by this appointment has confirmed our suspicion and vindicated us that he is out to further divide the good people of the south against the hardworking people of the North.

The action of Mr President is highly condemnable and does not represent that of a statesman that desires Nigeria unity.

I pray Nigeria survives this onslaught on our unity and collective aspiration by Mr President

May God Bless Us All and Bless Nigeria

The problem here is your kind of red herring cries and needles tribal baiting and worries.

Elections comes with consequences and executive prerogatives, meaning we voted for and put the president in office to run the country and it's up to him to run the country according to his own winning and legal formula.

You and many in this thread sat quietly and said nothing when GEJ overloaded and saddled the country with his kinsmen and the SE folks he labeled his pillar of support at the expense and chagrin of other regions and to our knowledge, GEJ didn't care and he let us know by openly telling the rest of the country that certain folks are his favorites in Nigeria and he backed it up with lopsided appointments from the same region.

Goodluck Jonathan, your own kinsman named 50 federal appointees, SE and SS with only 11 states in Nigeria cornered 37 slots at the expense of the rest of the country's 24 states.

Do the math and cry at your own hypocrisy and deceptive rants and cries.

You didn't care and you did not write any essay or cry on behalf of the 24 states Jonathan sidelined in favor of his own kinsmen and his so called pillar of support in the SE.

Jonathan won at the polls and ran the country his way based on his own winning formula of his own kinsmen so why cry because another man won and is running the country based on his own formula too?

People like you cry and yell only at your convenience over what you see only at your tribal convenience which I find very hypocritical and disingenuous.

PMB is not the problem, you tribal thinkers and ethnic jingoists are the problem..

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NNPC APPOINTMENT: PMB's Northanisation Policy In Progress by ibadanfinest(m): 9:28pm On Jul 04, 2016
What will I tell my brother when I reach house now. Will I say the south isn't educated when it is clear beyond every reasonable doubt that the south is hugely more educated than the north
Will I say the south is more corrupt when dasuki and yaguda from the north top the list of looters in Nigeria.

Buhari o, even if its you against orubebe or tompolo in 2019, you will not win o

That man is becoming more difficult to defend day by day.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NNPC APPOINTMENT: PMB's Northanisation Policy In Progress by modath(f): 9:57pm On Jul 04, 2016
malton:

As in. Makes me wonder how you manage to calm fraying nerves at all times. You're easily the most diplomatic I've seen on here.

Left between him and Jona, I'll pick him a thousand times over. He's no doubt an upgrade in most sense of the word.

His major failings in my eyes, are his emotional attachment to certain things.

Prof. Sonaiya was an easy pick for me even in the last election. Wasn't even a contest. But seeing how much a chauvinistic country Nigeria is, I realized even then that she stood no chance at all.

If only our people will shed off that toga of jingoism.

They want better, but appear reluctant to make requisite sacrifices.

I don taya to explain, considering the yoruba factor and my vocal and all out support.... I swear people called to congratulate me in 2015 cos they remember how 2011 was for me... Now they are harassing me, and what's even the problem is that some are close older relatives that i can't even yell at or mouth off at.. smiley

Prof can't get the highest office but i hope she gets a leadership position,.where she can be allowed to show her worth.. she was a fantastic HOD, teacher and human being... Her husband is an academician too.. He is an agricultarist....

@Fulanimafia

I go fight Bubu if i peradventure jam am... I do not have peace anymore, he should try small for his southern supporters, some are holding some of us personally responsible for his appointments...... Also don't forget the human angle of naysayers "mockery"...

I know it's positive result we want and expect but feelings are frayed and nerves shot... E nor easy!! sad
Re: NNPC APPOINTMENT: PMB's Northanisation Policy In Progress by dunkem21(m): 10:10pm On Jul 04, 2016
So many wailers grin..

The person above me wailed a full drum cheesy..

.. Come gnash teeth join cheesy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC APPOINTMENT: PMB's Northanisation Policy In Progress by babyfaceafrica: 10:14pm On Jul 04, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

OGA,if you are talking of fair....OBj na d best!!!!....but all of dem na thief

3 Likes

Re: NNPC APPOINTMENT: PMB's Northanisation Policy In Progress by fulanimafia: 10:15pm On Jul 04, 2016
modath:

@Fulanimafia

I go fight Bubu if i peradventure jam am... I do not have peace anymore, he should try small for his southern supporters, some are holding some of us personally responsible for his appointments...... Also don't forget the human angle of naysayers "mockery"...

I know it's positive result we want and expect but feelings are frayed and nerves shot... E nor easy!! sad

Lol me sef dey vex with am seriously for the slow economic diversification drive particularly regarding solid mineral development; we should be seeing the likes of Mittal and TATA falling over themselves making daily presentations in Fayemi's office by now...but sha it's still early in the day and uneasy they say, lies the head that wears the crown.

Regarding appointments, my people got no chill when it comes to politics and governance as some feel that's their area of specialty like you guys and your academic prowess + dominance of the private and financial sectors (outdated thinking if you ask me), however I must admit I feel uneasy whenever I don't see the SW also being massively included in appointments considering the sacrifices and efforts made.

Stay strong and keep calming frayed nerves as things are bound to improve if we read the handwriting on the wall, most of the frustration is economic in nature and the economic future looks bright (I can elaborate further though I know you don clock am already)

At the end of the day, I believe the President has the best of intentions and PYO, Tinubu, Fayemi et al know it (afterall they ain't stupid). It is well.
Re: NNPC APPOINTMENT: PMB's Northanisation Policy In Progress by babyfaceafrica: 10:15pm On Jul 04, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

OGA,if you are talking of fair....OBj na d best!!!!....but why SW no complain but SS and SE dey complain?....
Re: NNPC APPOINTMENT: PMB's Northanisation Policy In Progress by hucienda: 10:18pm On Jul 04, 2016
Looks like some zombies are now wailing ... My oh my. Wonders shall never end.

The effect of a year of 'change' ...

2 Likes

Re: NNPC APPOINTMENT: PMB's Northanisation Policy In Progress by 2sexycom(m): 10:24pm On Jul 04, 2016
tit:
nice one by buhari!
all this people appointed,
are they not nigerians?
why the wailing?

i dont care where you are from so far ypu perform.
kachuku could not reduce the price of petrol like he promise.
if i am buhari i will fire him sef,.
like you can do better the kachukwu
Re: NNPC APPOINTMENT: PMB's Northanisation Policy In Progress by STONEGEORGE15(m): 10:34pm On Jul 04, 2016
malton:
I like Buhari for a lot of reasons. But in light of his glaring one-sided appointments, I will personally lead a campaign against him come 2019, God willing.

The Nigerian project is greater than any one individual.

No one is perfect, but Nigeria needs a nationalist as president. Someone who gives dissenting voices a reason to stay, not one who threatens the consequences of daring to leave.

A president should be a unifying force, not an agent of destabilization.
Mr. President has always given the naysayers a reason to chant "I said it!"

Try again, Nigeria, we shall get it right someday.

As far as the appointments, grazing bill and Fulani herdsmen brouhaha go, Mr. President is one big error!

Voice of a concerned northerner.
grin
malton:
I like Buhari for a lot of reasons. But in light of his glaring one-sided appointments, I will personally lead a campaign against him come 2019, God willing.

The Nigerian project is greater than any one individual.

No one is perfect, but Nigeria needs a nationalist as president. Someone who gives dissenting voices a reason to stay, not one who threatens the consequences of daring to leave.

A president should be a unifying force, not an agent of destabilization.
Mr. President has always given the naysayers a reason to chant "I said it!"

Try again, Nigeria, we shall get it right someday.

As far as the appointments, grazing bill and Fulani herdsmen brouhaha go, Mr. President is one big error!

Voice of a concerned northerner.
Welcome to the wailing party. Like the biblical prodigal son, u guys will shamfully run back to PDP with your tail in ur asses.
Re: NNPC APPOINTMENT: PMB's Northanisation Policy In Progress by 989900: 10:48pm On Jul 04, 2016
Jonathan reconstitutes NNPC Board of Directors

President Goodluck Jonathan on Monday approved the constitution of a new board of directors for the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC).
A statement by the Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Reuben Abati, stated that the decision was in furtherance of the President’s commitment to the reform and the improvement of the oil and gas industry.
The new board, according to Mr. Abati, is made up of the Minister of Petroleum Resources as Chairman (Diezani); Permanent Secretary, Federal Ministry of Finance (Mrs Ana Daniel-Nwaobia,); and Group Managing Director, NNPC (Dr. Joseph Thlama Dawha), as members.
Other members are Abdullahi Bukar, Steven Oronsaye, Olusegun Okunnu and Daniel Wadzani.
The Group Executive Director (GED), Finance & Accounts, Bernard Otti; and GED, Corporate Services, Peter Nmadu, are also members.
The President urged them to discharge their duties efficiently and with integrity to ensure positive transformation of the petroleum sector.

Wailers, oya, over to una.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC APPOINTMENT: PMB's Northanisation Policy In Progress by Oksman(m): 10:52pm On Jul 04, 2016
NCP:
Barcanista weldone.

This one don pass becareful.

APC, Come 2019, you decide for yourself.
You must be funny dude to think that apc would relinquish power by 2019. What we have now is a CPC controlled APC, the man used some gullible people to become the president, and i guess they would be licking their wound. Why was a northerner appointed as inec boss, why are they in charge of defence, the judiciary?, wake up dude, what is happening is a carefully thought out agenda that most southerners are unaware of. I just pray nigeria would still remain a nation a few years from now. PMB would eventually emerge as the greatest statesman from the north, but a vallain in the south.

1 Like

Re: NNPC APPOINTMENT: PMB's Northanisation Policy In Progress by nigerianvenom(m): 10:53pm On Jul 04, 2016
Any one that criticizes this write up is as foolish as the presidents action.
This is just too bad for a man of over 70 years.

2 Likes

Re: NNPC APPOINTMENT: PMB's Northanisation Policy In Progress by malton: 10:56pm On Jul 04, 2016
STONEGEORGE15:
grin
Welcome to the wailing party. Like the biblical prodigal son, u guys will shamfully run back to PDP with your tail in ur asses.
Run back where? I have no history with the PDP to run back to.

Before you find that soothing, my support for the president remains unflinching. So you won't hear no wail of frustration from me.

This is just a case of certain things not sitting well with me. Nothing more.
Re: NNPC APPOINTMENT: PMB's Northanisation Policy In Progress by modath(f): 11:06pm On Jul 04, 2016
fulanimafia:

Lol me sef dey vex with am seriously for the slow economic diversification drive particularly regarding solid mineral development; we should be seeing the likes of Mittal and TATA falling over themselves making daily presentations in Fayemi's office by now...but sha it's still early in the day and uneasy they say, lies the head that wears the crown.

Regarding appointments, my people got no chill when it comes to politics and governance as some feel that's their area of specialty like you guys and your academic prowess + dominance of the private and financial sectors (outdated thinking if you ask me), however I must admit I feel uneasy whenever I don't see the SW also being massively included in appointments considering the sacrifices and efforts made.

Stay strong and keep calming frayed nerves as things are bound to improve if we read the handwriting on the wall, most of the frustration is economic in nature and the economic future looks bright (I can elaborate further though I know you don clock am already)

Nope!! It is not a specialty, it is sustained feeling of entitlement which weakens the glue of "unity" .... It's no one's birth right, equality and fairness forbid and despise such......

Anyone can attain any heights in private sector as long as they pay their dues, Public service should be balanced..

I befriended a smart well spoken, cultured core northern babe in camp who is a "geologist", I'm still amazed till date cos it goes against what we were made to believe.. El Rufai, SLS and Amina Mohd are very brilliant and erudite in their respective fields... it shows educational sagacity isn't a tribal thing, it is the state of the mind and the opportunities available..

At the end of the day, I believe the President has the best of intentions and PYO, Tinubu, Fayemi et al know it (afterall they ain't stupid). It is well.

They may, but the man on the streets don't and the difference is that , our people will prefer to form their own perception of events not what the leaders "know"...

Hope to see things change for the better, the air is very tense and highly charged.... Take care...

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NNPC APPOINTMENT: PMB's Northanisation Policy In Progress by fulanimafia: 11:31pm On Jul 04, 2016
modath:

Nope!! It is not a specialty, it is sustained feeling of entitlement which weakens the glue of "unity" .... It's no one's birth right, equality and fairness forbid and despise such......

Anyone can attain any heights in private sector as long as they pay their dues, Public service should be balanced..

I befriended a smart well spoken, cultured core northern babe in camp who is a "geologist", I'm still amazed till date cos it goes against what we were made to believe.. El Rufai, SLS and Amina Mohd are very brilliant and erudite in their respective fields... it shows educational sagacity isn't a tribal thing, it is the state of the mind and the opportunities available..

They may, but the man on the streets don't and the difference is that , our people will prefer to form their own perception of events not what the leaders "know"...

Hope to see things change for the better, the air is very tense and highly charged.... Take care...

Preaching to the choir much cheesy?

Have you seen the southern dominated SAN list? They were also appointed by the Judiciary which has allegedly been 'northernized'. Some things are just not as they appear to be.

Undue focus on ethnicity can impair our objectivity and judgment, despite any perceived 'inequalities' and 'sense of entitlement'.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Udom Promises To Make Akwa Ibom Aviation Hub In West Africa / Atiku: Nigerians Will Never Witness APC Beyond 2023 / Senator Marries 13 Yr Old Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.