Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,010 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

Fully Funded Internship In New York Or London - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Fully Funded Internship In New York Or London (2764 Views)

5 Best Places To Do Internship In Nigeria / Top 4 Ways To Get A Job Through Internship In Nigeria / Internship In Germany (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fully Funded Internship In New York Or London by IbnIbrahim: 10:05pm On Jul 04, 2016
Imagine being taken to one of two metropolises—New York City or London—to live, work, and study for 12 months, with all costs covered? Sounds like a dream, right? The dream can be yours!

Overview

The Mountbatten Institute is a not-for-profit organisation which aims to develop the careers of young professionals through international business programmes in New York and London.

Details

Description:

The Mountbatten Institute offers live, work & study programmes in New York and London for foreign nationals. The 12 month programmes include full-time work experience at a partner organisation and part-time academic study.

Our partnering organisations include around 60 global top employers such as top-tier investment banks, law firms, media companies, marketing agencies, publishing houses and non-profits. Participants choose to train in the fields of investment banking & finance, marketing & communications, legal & compliance, human resources or business operations.

Trainees choose from one of three academic programmes which they study part-time in evening and weekend classes. Courses include the Postgraduate Certificate in International Business Practice, The Masters in Global Entrepreneurship or the Master of Business Administration (MBA).

The Mountbatten Institute's programmes are completely unique.

We are the only J1 Trainee (US) & Tier 5 (UK) visa sponsor of its scope and scale, binding academia with work experience at the world's finest organisations. By offering a practical business training programme underpinned by academic study from 2 accredited British Universities, the Mountbatten Institute has the right to sponsor around 500 trainees in NYC and London per year. There really is no other programme like it.

The reciprocal relationship between the Mountbatten Institute and our corporate partners produce a once-in-a-lifetime, 12 month programme which, since 1984, has yielded lucrative, international employment prospects for its participants and a global talent pipeline for our partners.

Opportunity is About:
Economics & Business & Management & Finance

Eligibility
Candidates should be from:
Africa( Nigeria ), Europe, Asia, Philippines.

Description of Ideal Candidate:

(For US Program)

Mountbatten programmes are designed for recent university graduates with only a few years of professional experience. For details on specific areas of eligibility, please see the sections below. Please contact your admissions office with any questions or concerns you may have.
Education

A degree from a post-secondary academic institution outside the United States is required. Applications from current students are accepted provided the applicant is scheduled to graduate before beginning a Mountbatten programme. The Mountbatten Admissions team takes a holistic approach to each application, reviewing all aspects of a candidate's experience, education, references and personal achievements. Most applicants, however, have an undergraduate degree classified at 2.2 or above.
Work Experience

Applicants must demonstrate a minimum of 12 months full-time professional (office/administrative) work experience to fulfill eligibility requirements.

This work experience can be accumulated in several positions, and may have been acquired before, during, and/or after relevant academic studies.
Work experience must be related to one of the areas we offer placements in: Finance, Event Management, HR, IT, Law, Marketing/Communications or Non-Profit.
Voluntary/unpaid work can count towards the required 12 months.
Retail, restaurant, bar/pub work cannot be counted.
Work experience must be acquired outside of the US.

This is a non-negotiable requirement of the US State Department for the specific Trainee J-1 Visa offered to Mountbatten participants.

If you are unsure whether your experience meets these requirements, please contact your local admissions office providing information of your employment to date.
Language Requirements

The Mountbatten Institute provides no English language training. Highly proficient verbal and written English language skills are required for both the classroom and the workplace. The ability to communicate clearly using professional English plays a significant role when interviewing for placement in London or New York. For candidates whose first language is not English, any of the following certificates or scores may be provided to serve as a guideline for proficiency to begin the application process:

IELTS (academic) 6.5 overall with not less than 5.5 in any section
TOEFL minimum 575 on paper-based and 90 on internet-based
Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE)
Cambridge Certificate Proficiency (CPE)
Test of English for Educational Purposes (TEEP)
GCSE English grade C or above
Pearson Test score of 58 for English Academic or Level 5 General
Higher Secondary exam with 55% or higher, in English (India)
International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma.

Nationality Requirements

New York programmes are open to all non-US citizens. Holders of dual nationality where one country is the US are not eligible to participate. While many Mountbatten candidates are UK or EU nationals, others will be from outside of Europe (e.g. Asia, Africa, the Middle East, Latin America, Australia). If you are a non-UK or non-EU national, you should contact your local US embassy to find out more about immigration requirements and how J-1 visas are awarded and processed in your home country. You are also advised to contact the Admissions Team relevant to your location in London, New York, Bangkok or Sydney.

Dates:

Deadline:
Always Active

Cost for a participant: Fully Funded

http://www.mountbatten.org/

Are you viewing this now? perhaps you might be interested in more opportunities, sign up at www.HeySuccess.com/108075

Re: Fully Funded Internship In New York Or London by olempe(m): 10:07pm On Jul 04, 2016
Good one!
Re: Fully Funded Internship In New York Or London by Blessedgurl(f): 8:42pm On Jul 05, 2016
Thanks for the info but one still needs to pay more than 2million based on the financial information on their website.
Re: Fully Funded Internship In New York Or London by eMidas: 10:59pm On Jul 05, 2016
Blessedgurl:
Thanks for the info but one still needs to pay more than 2million based on saw the financial information on their website.

Really?
What's it for? I thought its fully funded?
Re: Fully Funded Internship In New York Or London by IbnIbrahim: 11:13pm On Jul 05, 2016
eMidas:

Really?

I thought as much. No need to worry, I'll post more of fully funded internship opportunities.
Re: Fully Funded Internship In New York Or London by Blessedgurl(f): 11:21pm On Jul 05, 2016
eMidas:

Really?
It's for application & tuition fee but you get a training allowance every month that amounts to like 2million sha. It's a very nice programme.

1 Like

Re: Fully Funded Internship In New York Or London by IbnIbrahim: 11:26pm On Jul 05, 2016
Blessedgurl:

It's for application & tuition fee but you get a training allowance every month that amounts to like 2million sha. It's a very nice programme.

Sometimes, we have to make sacrifice to achieve our goals in life.
Re: Fully Funded Internship In New York Or London by eMidas: 11:29pm On Jul 05, 2016
IbnIbrahim:

I thought as much. No need to worry, I'll post more of fully funded internship opportunities.

Its alright. I acknowledge your good work.
Re: Fully Funded Internship In New York Or London by Blessedgurl(f): 11:51pm On Jul 05, 2016
IbnIbrahim:

Yes, I know. It's just that the money for the fees ain't available now. If i can get a loan or sponsor i will be glad. Though, I haven't ruled it out totally. I have bookmarked it pending when funds will be available. Thanks again.

1 Like

Re: Fully Funded Internship In New York Or London by Enesi01(m): 9:22am On Jul 06, 2016
IbnIbrahim:

@ Ibnlbrahim pls can i chat u up...
Re: Fully Funded Internship In New York Or London by darlingjoylyn(f): 2:17pm On Jul 06, 2016
cry 2milla Oh gosh! Hmmm when i'm in search of 50k loan for a biz. God help us
Re: Fully Funded Internship In New York Or London by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jul 06, 2016
This sounds like a really nice program.
Re: Fully Funded Internship In New York Or London by IbnIbrahim: 2:47pm On Jul 06, 2016
darlingjoylyn:
cry 2milla Oh gosh! Hmmm when i'm in search of 50k loan for a biz. God help us

Lol!
Re: Fully Funded Internship In New York Or London by UIA04(f): 5:01pm On Jul 06, 2016
Are we to pay the two million at once or over the term of internship
Re: Fully Funded Internship In New York Or London by Blessedgurl(f): 5:45pm On Jul 06, 2016
Re: Fully Funded Internship In New York Or London by Blessedgurl(f): 5:46pm On Jul 06, 2016
UIA04:
Are we to pay the two million at once or over the term of internship
Check the link. You first pay for application fee $100 then later on tuition fee depending on the programme you choose (There are 3 different programmes but MBA is the most expensive $36,000 while the others are like $12,000). Lastly another fee is paid by you. The monies are paid before you begin the internship but at intervals.

Note: The money to be paid by you for the programme is more than 2M while you get training allowance every month ($1,083 for NY progamme while £700 for London Programme) for 12 months.

(1) (Reply)

Graduate Recruitment At Workforce Group, 7th August, 2018 / Mini Importation Guide - Free Report / Fast Food Restaurant Vaccancy In Aba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.