Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,194 members, 7,953,697 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:47 PM

The Shameless Act Of Ikwerre Fathers Towards Igbos - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Shameless Act Of Ikwerre Fathers Towards Igbos (4689 Views)

Blind Hatred Towards Igbos Is The Real Reason Nigeria Is Not Working / Niger Deltans And The Shameless Claim By Some Igbos Here. / More Pictorial Confirmation Of APC Shameless Act That Land Inec Official into tr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Shameless Act Of Ikwerre Fathers Towards Igbos by Igboid: 5:08pm On Jul 05, 2016
HopeAtHand:

Tell me you're pazienza and i'll gladly oblige you.

U see, making up stories of how parents were too lazy to farm, and couldn't send their children to school and had to blame Igbos is just but an unfortunate fabrication which in itself is not only childishly irresponsible but vainly comical.

Isnt it way too coincidental that almost all houses from PH mainTown upto old GRA, DLine, Mile 1-3, the PH of old were owned by Igbos? Almost all C of O's showed Igbo ownership in a multi-ethnic Eastern regional society??

Do the maths..ive said goodness begets goodness.

Perhaps, with the way Igbos are buying property in Abuja, tomorrow the Gwaris would start making up stories of how the Igbo now own all the lands in their area.

If you can show me evidence of instances where a non Igbo man in the East applied for C of O for a land in the Eastern region and was turned down because he was non Igbo, then I would concede to your point, but as it stands, non of that happened.

Ndiigbo had always understood the importance of land ownership where ever they find themselves, so much that if left unchecked they will buy all your lands, and at a fair price too.

All lands owned by Igbos in the East, they acquired legitimately from the owners or from the government of the day. If you have facts to prove otherwise, present them here.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Shameless Act Of Ikwerre Fathers Towards Igbos by Igboid: 5:18pm On Jul 05, 2016
[b] el-Rufai: Igbos Own 73% of Abuja Land From Chuks Okocha in Abuja, 05.21.2007 The Minister in charge of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Mallam Nasir el-Rufai over the weekend declared that Igbos have acquired about 73 percent of landed property in Abuja. The Minister, who was addressing a gathering of Southeast elected officials also revealed how the National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Senator Ahmadu Ali abused him for demolishing his house in Asokoro District in Abuja. Speaking on a lighter mood, el-Rufai called on the Igbos to take Abuja as the sixth state of the southeast in view of their dominance of the real estate sector of the FCT. He pointed out that such dominance explains why the Igbos appear to have been the worst victims of the demolition exercise in the territory. For instance, he said “68 percent of the land allocations in the FCT belongs to the 19 northern states, but in actual land ownership, 73 percent belongs to the Igbos with the most aggressive in land ownership belonging to the indigenes of Anambra state, while Ebonyi lags behind.” He also spoke of how the master plan of the Wuse market was distorted from 1800 lockup stores to a near aberration of 13,500 stores, which made movement in the market to become almost impossible. He attributed the land ownership by the Igbos in Abuja to a measure of confidence that they have in the FCT project. The Minister also attributed the rapid transformation of the city of Abuja to the Orkar coup of 1991 which forced the administration of General Ibrahim Babangida to quickly quit Lagos. He explained that this singular action of the Babangida regime made the dream of Abuja as a seat of government to become real. However, el-Rufai said that the most drastic decision that affected the total transformation of Abuja as a seat of government was the directive in 1996 by the regime of General Sani Abacha to transfer all federal ministries to the FCT. [/b]

1 Like

Re: The Shameless Act Of Ikwerre Fathers Towards Igbos by Igboid: 5:20pm On Jul 05, 2016
''He pointed out that such dominance explains why the Igbos appear to have been the worst victims of the demolition exercise in the territory.
For instance, he said “68 percent of the land allocations in the FCT belongs to the 19 northern states, but in actual land ownership, 73 percent belongs to the Igbos with the most aggressive in land ownership belonging to the indigenes of Anambra state, while Ebonyi lags behind.”

www.nairaland.com/54751/el-rufai-igbos-own-73-abuja

www.vanguardngr.com/2013/07/the-igbos-have-more-at-stake-in-nigeria/
Re: The Shameless Act Of Ikwerre Fathers Towards Igbos by sharonbaron(m): 5:20pm On Jul 05, 2016
Reminez:
I am an OSU IBO from Ebonyi . Our fellow red mudders often say we are not true gullibos because our head is not as flat as theirs . We are not angered by this because we know as OSU and second class ,we cannot compare ourselves with the true and unadulterated ibos from Anambra who are descendants of NRI and thus are the only authentic and alpha IBO's .
Our destiny is to lick the butt of the Nigerdeltans like leeches that we are so that we can steal their resources and sea for the first class IBO's in Anambra who are not Second class like us .
Our second destiny is to curse the Yorubas because they made our land barren and unproductive . They use juju to drag us to Yoruba land . They also use their juju to make the dynamites that we want to use to blow Niger bridge that connects us to them not to work .
We will not take it !!! The zoo must fall !!
Nwata nwoke i na pa mu ochi no igbo man born of a mother can ever refer him/herself as an osu or even as inferior Mr man you have just exposed yourself by writing this

3 Likes

Re: The Shameless Act Of Ikwerre Fathers Towards Igbos by sharonbaron(m): 5:27pm On Jul 05, 2016
Adaure4ever:
What is wrong with you dumbheads, Ikwerres are NOT Igbos, leave them na.
You Igbos are embarrasing Igbos, why opening another thread about them?
You guys are just annoying! Leave them alone 4 heaven sake.
@OP. SHAME ON YOU.
Nwa nnem nwanyi you have spoken my mind in the other similar post they opened last week i said a similar thing the problem is that this igbo ikwerre madness is caused by both sides.

2 Likes

Re: The Shameless Act Of Ikwerre Fathers Towards Igbos by Igboid: 5:38pm On Jul 05, 2016
If Ndiigbo can possess 73% of the lands in Abuja, a place where we have no power over, and years after we lost everything in Biafra and had to start afresh, then imagine how much more the powerful pre Civil war Igbo could have acquired in Abuja or even anywhere else.

It doesn't take a soothesayer to know that all the lands Ndiigbo acquired in PH were fairly and legitimately acquired from the government of the day, which only happened to be Igbo dominated and from the indigenous Ikwerre people of PH who were more than eager to sell their lands at a fair sum.

It's sheer wickedness on the part of Ikwerre elders who sold these lands to Ndiigbo and who didn't have the money to apply for land from the Eastern government because they were too lazy, to turn around after the war, and start accusing Ndiigbo of unjustly taking their lands from them, simply to justify their agenda of dispossessing the Igbo man of his hard earned property, because he was rendered weak by a civil war loss, so much that he couldn't protect his interests anylonger.

3 Likes

Re: The Shameless Act Of Ikwerre Fathers Towards Igbos by Igboid: 5:57pm On Jul 05, 2016
Ndiigbo can be accused of having a pathological thirst for acquiring lands in any foreign land we find ourselves in, but what you can never accuse the Igbo of, is forcefully taking lands not his from indigenous people.

The Igbo man knows the value of land more than any other Nigerian group, but his culture is not built on expansionism, so he makes the most fair offers for lands and landed property, so good an offer that the owners will never reject. As a matter of fact, as individuals, no one will make a better offer for your land than the Igbo man, he is often the first person sought out for, when indigenous people want to sell. their lands.

Below is the Oba Akenzua Igbophobic summation on the Igbo man in 1965, the important point of this his rambling that I want to highlight, is that part he admitted that the Igbo man would always make you an offer for your property, he takes none of them by force.

"The Igbo philosophy seems to be “money maketh a man” and the Igbo man is prepared to sink to any level or scale the
highest mountain to get money…No job is too menial for the Igbo man
...I think there are two main reasons why “the Igbo are everywhere.”
First, as I have stated, the Igbos will go to any length in search of money and since they are more willing than any other
tribe to do any type of work, no matter how menial, they are ready and cheap source of labour everywhere.
Another reason for their migration… is terribly overpopulated by its 12 million or so inhabitants, so that the Igbo is
constantly on the move in serch of a place to stand in.
While I admire the Igbos for their energy and industry, their insatiable desire for money makes me sick.
…I have stated elsewhere in this narrative that the Igbo does not believe that any kindness can be gratuitous and would
doubt your sincerity if you were prepared to do any favour for him without demanding or accepting a consideration.
As a matter of fact the Igbo man makes the offer before he begins to ask for the help he seeks. This remarks should,
however, not be taken to mean that there are no honest people among them.
There certainly are, but by and large, the average Igbo man seeks gain from whatever he does.
…One common charge against the Igbo is that if you give them an inch they will demand (and quite often take) a mile.
An Igbo man in search of residential accommodation is prepared to pay rent for even your kitchen store. Within a week of
his moving in, about half a dozen “brothers” come to “visit” him; within a fortnight more of them arrive. He then pleads
with you to allow them temporary accommodation in the house but soon they have become permanent and taken every
available space in your house.
There would be nothing wrong with this if they remained as tenant. But the sad part of it is that before the owner knows
what is happening these tenants are dangling money before his eyes for the purchase of the house itself or the adjoining
land.
The money comes to hand quite easily either through concerted efforts or some wealthy “brothers” or the tribal union,
and overnight the owner of the house becomes a tenant on his own land.
In like manner, they have surreptitiously ousted “nationals” of the other regions from their market stalls, from their
shops, from the rubber plantations and other forms of human endeavour. One may say, it is the stupidity of the other
people.
Is it any wonder then that some other regions in the federation entertain fear of possible Igbo domination?
IT IS TO BE HOPED THAT THEY DO NOT BECOME LIKE THE JEWS , objects of castigation and contempt for their industry
and adventurous spirit".

Oba Akenzua, 1965.

5 Likes

Re: The Shameless Act Of Ikwerre Fathers Towards Igbos by reborn1: 6:11pm On Jul 05, 2016
Reminez:
I am an OSU IBO from Ebonyi . Our fellow red mudders often say we are not true gullibos because our head is not as flat as theirs . We are not angered by this because we know as OSU and second class ,we cannot compare ourselves with the true and unadulterated ibos from Anambra who are descendants of NRI and thus are the only authentic and alpha IBO's .
Our destiny is to lick the butt of the Nigerdeltans like leeches that we are so that we can steal their resources and sea for the first class IBO's in Anambra who are not Second class like us .
Our second destiny is to curse the Yorubas because they made our land barren and unproductive . They use juju to drag us to Yoruba land . They also use their juju to make the dynamites that we want to use to blow Niger bridge that connects us to them not to work .
We will not take it !!! The zoo must fall !!

Lmaoooooo

Re: The Shameless Act Of Ikwerre Fathers Towards Igbos by honourhim: 7:57pm On Jul 05, 2016
HopeAtHand:
An Ikwerre proverb says "If we keep explaning how war was fought, we might find ourselves fighting another war again"

Honourhim, that proverb is for you.

A proverb in Igbo says - atuo asi otutu oge o dizie ka o bu eziokwu. Meaning that - when a lie is told several times it will now appear like the truth.

The lies that your fathers have told you severally have now appeared like the truth to you people. None of you can stop our progress. Keep operating on lies that does not lead to success in life.

2 Likes

Re: The Shameless Act Of Ikwerre Fathers Towards Igbos by honourhim: 8:15pm On Jul 05, 2016
Igboid:

If Ndiigbo can possess 73% of the lands in Abuja, a place where we have no power over, and years after we lost everything in Biafra and had to start afresh, then imagine how much more the powerful pre Civil war Igbo could have acquired in Abuja or even anywhere else.

It doesn't take a soothesayer to know that all the lands Ndiigbo acquired in PH were fairly and legitimately acquired from the government of the day, which only happened to be Igbo dominated and from the indigenous Ikwerre people of PH who were more than eager to sell their lands at a fair sum.

It's sheer wickedness on the part of Ikwerre elders who sold these lands to Ndiigbo and who didn't have the money to apply for land from the Eastern government because they were too lazy, to turn around after the war, and start accusing Ndiigbo of unjustly taking their lands from them, simply to justify their agenda of dispossessing the Igbo man of his hard earned property, because he was rendered weak by a civil war loss, so much that he couldn't protect his interests anylonger.

Well spoken my dear brother. Chukwu gozie gi.

1 Like

Re: The Shameless Act Of Ikwerre Fathers Towards Igbos by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jul 05, 2016
Stfu.....
Bloody schemers
Cunny parasites displaying subtle bragadoccio to fool nd confuse decapitated minds....
All your epistle just constructed to build a needless toxic symbiotic lucre with peace loving pple who are not dominating in nature or bloody schemers like you opportunist....

Above nd yonder down to the HADES u shld see a Igbo man struggling wth a supreme being for coins... Shylotic plunderers
Re: The Shameless Act Of Ikwerre Fathers Towards Igbos by Igboid: 10:10pm On Jul 05, 2016
lowgeorge:
Stfu.....
Bloody schemers
Cunny parasites displaying subtle bragadoccio to fool nd confuse decapitated minds....
All your epistle just constructed to build a needless toxic symbiotic lucre with peace loving pple who are not dominating in nature or bloody schemers like you opportunist....

Above nd yonder down to the HADES u shld see a Igbo man struggling wth a supreme being for coins... Shylotic plunderers

Yoruboid being. This one pain am wella. grin

1 Like

Re: The Shameless Act Of Ikwerre Fathers Towards Igbos by Rahym001(m): 11:37pm On Jul 05, 2016
This op head dey touch. The guy just finished smoking marijuana,(igbo). Leave ikwere's alone. I have good ikwere friends and ur description does not fit in.
Re: The Shameless Act Of Ikwerre Fathers Towards Igbos by lacasera14(m): 12:07am On Jul 06, 2016
The hatred between igbo and ikwerre / igbo and yoruba I wonder which is more extreme. ThankGod this kind of post doesn't make front page. In all we are still called Nigerians.
Re: The Shameless Act Of Ikwerre Fathers Towards Igbos by lacasera14(m): 12:10am On Jul 06, 2016
lowgeorge:
Stfu.....
Bloody schemers

lol, I admire your diction Bro inspite of what it was used for.
Re: The Shameless Act Of Ikwerre Fathers Towards Igbos by honourhim: 6:53am On Jul 06, 2016
Igboid:

Yoruboid being. This one pain am wella. grin

E pain am no be small o.
Re: The Shameless Act Of Ikwerre Fathers Towards Igbos by Avelo: 7:24am On Jul 06, 2016
Igboid:
Ndiigbo can be accused of having a pathological thirst for acquiring lands in any foreign land we find ourselves in, but what you can never accuse the Igbo of, is forcefully taking lands not his from indigenous people.

The Igbo man knows the value of land more than any other Nigerian group, but his culture is not built on expansionism, so he makes the most fair offers for lands and landed property, so good an offer that the owners will never reject. As a matter of fact, as individuals, no one will make a better offer for your land than the Igbo man, he is often the first person sought out for, when indigenous people want to sell. their lands.

Below is the Oba Akenzua Igbophobic summation on the Igbo man in 1965, the important point of this his rambling that I want to highlight, is that part he admitted that the Igbo man would always make you an offer for your property, he takes none of them by force.

"The Igbo philosophy seems to be “money maketh a man” and the Igbo man is prepared to sink to any level or scale the
highest mountain to get money…No job is too menial for the Igbo man
...I think there are two main reasons why “the Igbo are everywhere.”
First, as I have stated, the Igbos will go to any length in search of money and since they are more willing than any other
tribe to do any type of work, no matter how menial, they are ready and cheap source of labour everywhere.
Another reason for their migration… is terribly overpopulated by its 12 million or so inhabitants, so that the Igbo is
constantly on the move in serch of a place to stand in.
While I admire the Igbos for their energy and industry, their insatiable desire for money makes me sick.
…I have stated elsewhere in this narrative that the Igbo does not believe that any kindness can be gratuitous and would
doubt your sincerity if you were prepared to do any favour for him without demanding or accepting a consideration.
As a matter of fact the Igbo man makes the offer before he begins to ask for the help he seeks. This remarks should,
however, not be taken to mean that there are no honest people among them.
There certainly are, but by and large, the average Igbo man seeks gain from whatever he does.
…One common charge against the Igbo is that if you give them an inch they will demand (and quite often take) a mile.
An Igbo man in search of residential accommodation is prepared to pay rent for even your kitchen store. Within a week of
his moving in, about half a dozen “brothers” come to “visit” him; within a fortnight more of them arrive. He then pleads
with you to allow them temporary accommodation in the house but soon they have become permanent and taken every
available space in your house.
There would be nothing wrong with this if they remained as tenant. But the sad part of it is that before the owner knows
what is happening these tenants are dangling money before his eyes for the purchase of the house itself or the adjoining
land.
The money comes to hand quite easily either through concerted efforts or some wealthy “brothers” or the tribal union,
and overnight the owner of the house becomes a tenant on his own land.
In like manner, they have surreptitiously ousted “nationals” of the other regions from their market stalls, from their
shops, from the rubber plantations and other forms of human endeavour. One may say, it is the stupidity of the other
people.
Is it any wonder then that some other regions in the federation entertain fear of possible Igbo domination?
IT IS TO BE HOPED THAT THEY DO NOT BECOME LIKE THE JEWS , objects of castigation and contempt for their industry
and adventurous spirit".

Oba Akenzua, 1965.

Chaii Igbo amaka. A people steeped in hard work and industry even from adam. All akenzhuas submissions point to a hardy, thrifty and above all very capitalistic people. I love the part about not wanting anu favours from anybody. The Igbo is willing to work his way to the top, the very reason they were top dogs in pre colonial times when fairness and equity reigned supreme IGBO KWENU!!!. Igboid more submissions please

2 Likes

Re: The Shameless Act Of Ikwerre Fathers Towards Igbos by honourhim: 7:32am On Jul 07, 2016
Avelo:

Chaii Igbo amaka. A people steeped in hard work and industry even from adam. All akenzhuas submissions point to a hardy, thrifty and above all very capitalistic people. I love the part about not wanting anu favours from anybody. The Igbo is willing to work his way to the top, the very reason they were top dogs in pre colonial times when fairness and equity reigned supreme IGBO KWENU!!!. Igboid more submissions please

Yes o igbo amaka. A friend of mine who is a pastor was dashed a parcel of land by one his church members recently, he insisted that he wont take the land for free that he will pay for it and he paid. That's the spirit of an igbo man. We take pride in working hard towards our success unlike the Ikwerre man who takes pride in collecting money and land from people forcefully.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

In Nigeria, Biafra Separatists Are Celebrating Donald Trump Election> Usa Media / Economic Growth Sustainable If Driven By Private Sector —osinbajo / Real Estate boom In South East As Easterners Return Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.