Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,238 members, 7,836,143 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:26 PM

Abia: My Order Sacking Ikpeazu Stays – Justice Abang - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia: My Order Sacking Ikpeazu Stays – Justice Abang (17685 Views)

Justice Abang Remands INEC Staff In Prison Custody For Taking N112 Million Bribe / Justice Abang Sends 4 NAHCO Staff To Spend Christmas In Jail / Justice Abang Suspends PDP Convention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abia: My Order Sacking Ikpeazu Stays – Justice Abang by chukslawrence(m): 8:24am On Jul 05, 2016
K
Re: Abia: My Order Sacking Ikpeazu Stays – Justice Abang by Nobody: 8:25am On Jul 05, 2016
YINKS89:
idiot, I wonder if u passed english in ur waec. common question u kant answer...... See pot callin kettle black.

The Lord bless you richly, sir.
Re: Abia: My Order Sacking Ikpeazu Stays – Justice Abang by dumodust(m): 8:28am On Jul 05, 2016
This okon abang must be one busy judge... his name always pops up in odd places... apart from this abia governor fiasco, he was involved in metuh's case where metuh alleged bias because he knew him and he denied. He also gave the ruling that recognised sheriff as pdp chairman recently.
very busy guy

https://www.naij.com/772368-justice-abang-needs-leave-chief-olisa-metuh-alone.html

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/200474-justice-abang-definitely-knew-metuh-classmate-chidi-odinkalu.html

https://www.nairaland.com/3199416/rejoinder-justice-okon-abang-ruling/1
Re: Abia: My Order Sacking Ikpeazu Stays – Justice Abang by osusuallstars: 8:35am On Jul 05, 2016
INEC IS ACTING A SCRIPT. MAYBE TO PUNISH IKPEAZU FOR EMPLOYING NNAMDI AHAIWE NWOKOCHA THE BARR WHO SUED BUHARI FOR LACK OF CERTIFICATE
Re: Abia: My Order Sacking Ikpeazu Stays – Justice Abang by Charly68: 8:36am On Jul 05, 2016
Banter1:
They should just sack all the governors in all the 36 states. They are all useless. This change has brought hardship on nigerians. This government is clueless. I regret voting them.
Hear yourself! When the foundation is destroyed what can the righteous do ? What magic are you expecting from the Govt when even the central bank of the nation has been looted ? Tell me what you expect when the economy is monolithic in nature & the only source of fund is no longer bringing in tangible income,look at the massive destruction of oil installations in the name of agitation to selfish interest..how has the destruction benefited the downtrodden ? This are issues that we all must sit up to address ..If care is not taking,the pain will persist for long..even if you remove PMB today,who do you think you can put there to solve the rot ? Do we put all this cash & carry politicians there again to destroy the economy further? Those outside the nation know what is going on than the people at home.. Do you know what PDP politicians are doing now to transfer their looted fund..? They know they can't take it to the bank but they look for those who want to remit money to Nigeria & help them pay the hairs value into the family accounts or whatever & their own oversea accounts will be credited abroad. President Buhari knows what he is doing,Nigerians should give him time to clear the mess ..

4 Likes

Re: Abia: My Order Sacking Ikpeazu Stays – Justice Abang by osusuallstars: 8:36am On Jul 05, 2016
INEC AND OKON ABANG ARE ACTING A SCRIPT. MAYBE TO PUNISH IKPEAZU FOR EMPLOYING NNAMDI AHAIWE NWOKOCHA THE BARR WHO SUED BUHARI FOR LACK OF CERTIFICATE
Re: Abia: My Order Sacking Ikpeazu Stays – Justice Abang by kulekaa(m): 8:42am On Jul 05, 2016
The court cannot order a sitting governor to vacate his office just for fun. #am out
Re: Abia: My Order Sacking Ikpeazu Stays – Justice Abang by crazygod(m): 8:42am On Jul 05, 2016
Did the court subpoena IRS to authenticate ikpeazu's tax certificate? I don't think so. This Judge has a personal axe to grind with ikpeazu QED. How can he be so calous to just make a senseless judgement like that? Even when there is proof by the IRS that the governor has all the correct documents.
Re: Abia: My Order Sacking Ikpeazu Stays – Justice Abang by Sammyblaq(m): 8:51am On Jul 05, 2016
This and that, that and this...

In other news:
When my POp passed, no holiday was declared¿.
Re: Abia: My Order Sacking Ikpeazu Stays – Justice Abang by Nobody: 8:54am On Jul 05, 2016
When will d common wake up from d NIGHTMARE that pervades d nation?...nothing seems working, even the phantom corruption war ain't positvely affecting the man on d street!...buhari is a WASTE of my vote!
Re: Abia: My Order Sacking Ikpeazu Stays – Justice Abang by OlujobaSamuel: 8:57am On Jul 05, 2016
crazygod:
Did the court subpoena IRS to authenticate ikpeazu's tax certificate? I don't think so. This Judge has a personal axe to grind with ikpeazu QED. How can he be so calous to just make a senseless judgement like that? Even when there is proof by the IRS that the governor has all the correct documents.
for the judge to do that, the plaintiff or defendant will need to make a demand by citing such individual or body as significant part of the case. I don't think any of the parties did such, so they are both such with their proofs and defense, therefore deemed it not important to make such request.
court don't grant prayers you don't request for.
@topic, I can't believe pdp spokesman said tax payment is not a criteria for election, someone should pls help him out.
Re: Abia: My Order Sacking Ikpeazu Stays – Justice Abang by kan12(m): 8:57am On Jul 05, 2016
how do u expect a Federal high court judge to reverse his judgment,Ikpeazu is acting childish I swear,vaccate office let Ogah continue,if the supreme court re-installs you,you jehjehly assume office.these are matured ways of treating cases,hw can u old man fight fr position with ur younger one.well no be me say mke u slash ur salary.God will pay you.........signed Lai laslasticlala.
Re: Abia: My Order Sacking Ikpeazu Stays – Justice Abang by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:01am On Jul 05, 2016
Nobody want gree sha
Re: Abia: My Order Sacking Ikpeazu Stays – Justice Abang by jay89(m): 9:04am On Jul 05, 2016
APC Judge. We are watching in 3D
Re: Abia: My Order Sacking Ikpeazu Stays – Justice Abang by jay89(m): 9:07am On Jul 05, 2016
dumodust:
This okon abang must be one busy judge... his name always pops up in odd places... apart from this abia governor fiasco, he was involved in metuh's case where metuh alleged bias because he knew him and he denied. He also gave the ruling that recognised sheriff as pdp chairman recently.
very busy guy

https://www.naij.com/772368-justice-abang-needs-leave-chief-olisa-metuh-alone.html

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/200474-justice-abang-definitely-knew-metuh-classmate-chidi-odinkalu.html

https://www.nairaland.com/3199416/rejoinder-justice-okon-abang-ruling/1
APC done pockrt am

1 Like

Re: Abia: My Order Sacking Ikpeazu Stays – Justice Abang by jpphilips(m): 9:08am On Jul 05, 2016
Blizzy9ja:
This judgement is setting a bad precedence for our judiciary.

You wish you know something in law
Re: Abia: My Order Sacking Ikpeazu Stays – Justice Abang by Divinehenrich(m): 9:13am On Jul 05, 2016
Wahala dey for Abia state.

Going by the way this case is handle, I don't see Ikpeazu coming out victorious.

" A court cannot just order a sitting governor to vacate his office for just for a fun" ......Justice OKON ABANG.
Re: Abia: My Order Sacking Ikpeazu Stays – Justice Abang by Nobody: 9:23am On Jul 05, 2016
I have headache
Re: Abia: My Order Sacking Ikpeazu Stays – Justice Abang by TamedWolf90: 9:29am On Jul 05, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

No...more like Kangaroo politicians and Kangaroo parties....and kangaroo electorate and election bodies....that refuse to let the process be clean.

Someone has to clean up the mess left behind...and it is our judges.

Or is it the Judge's fault that Ikpeazu did not have all the legally needed documents needed to contest for election?

You Sir, I put it to you that you didn't read that post above.... At least don't expose yourself here like this nah
Re: Abia: My Order Sacking Ikpeazu Stays – Justice Abang by Darlo22(m): 9:32am On Jul 05, 2016
In the end Alex Otti may be the governor if Uche Ogah assumes that position orequires if Nwosu is sworn in. I knew people may site the Kogi state elections and Yahaya Bello as example but that case is still in court

Declare Alex Otti gov —APGA In another development, the All Progressives Grand Alliance, APGA, Abia State chapter, has faulted the judgment of the Federal High Court which ordered that Ogah be sworn in as the state governor.

A statement signed by APGA state chairman, Augustine Ehiemere, decried the judgment as untenable as the Electoral Act 2010, as amended, forbade any person who did not take part in all stages of the election to be sworn in and insisted that its governorship candidate in the 2015 election, Dr. Alex Otti, remained the lawful candidate who ought to be declared governor. “APGA considers Uche Ogah’s declaration as a huge error, unacceptable to the party, untenable in Nigeria’s 2010 Electoral Act as amended, which forbids any person that did not take part in all the stages of an election from being declared winner.

Since there is no record anywhere to show that Dr. Uche Ogah won the primaries of his party, the PDP, let alone take part in all the stages of the last governorship election in Abia, his declaration as the governor by the court is strange and alien to the law. “Hence, we humbly demand that the appellate court, while upholding Ikpeazu guilty verdict, corrects this huge error by issuing the right order which is to declare the candidate who scored the highest lawful votes, the APGA candidate, Dr. Alex Otti, governor, as he did not only meet all the constitutional requirements and vote spread across the state, but even won more local governments than the sacked Okezie Ikpeazu; this is an incontrovertible fact.”

1 Like

Re: Abia: My Order Sacking Ikpeazu Stays – Justice Abang by meniyoyo(m): 9:35am On Jul 05, 2016
Banter1:
They should just sack all the governors in all the 36 states. They are all useless. This change has brought hardship on nigerians. This government is clueless. I regret voting them.
my own governor is working, m sorry about ur governor n state. Willie is working Apga is working, Anambra is working
Re: Abia: My Order Sacking Ikpeazu Stays – Justice Abang by TamedWolf90: 9:40am On Jul 05, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:

for the judge to do that, the plaintiff or defendant will need to make a demand by citing such individual or body as significant part of the case. I don't think any of the parties did such, so they are both such with their proofs and defense, therefore deemed it not important to make such request.
court don't grant prayers you don't request for.
@topic, I can't believe pdp spokesman said tax payment is not a criteria for election, someone should pls help him out.
I'm actually helping you out.

Re: Abia: My Order Sacking Ikpeazu Stays – Justice Abang by ken4jj(m): 9:45am On Jul 05, 2016
Our laws are just bullshit. Sometimes one wonders if people who draft this laws are learned.The laws lack common sense.
How can you declare someone who has not tested his popularity among the people as governor? Do they think that everybody belongs to a political party? Some people vote based on individual and not party. Rochas despite being in APC won because as at that time he was still trusted and loved but APC would have failed if they fielded any other person than Rochas.

The best judgement in this situation would have been to declare Alex Otti as governor since he was voted for or rerun the election with Uche Ogar as flag bearer of the PDP and let him test his popularity. If democracy is the will of the people and by the people, then nobody should get to office through the backdoor. All elected people must pass through the popularity and acceptance test else it is no longer democracy. The role of the court should not be to impose someone in the guise of "rule of law" but to ensure that they will of the people prevail and there is no way to know that except through the ballot box.

The choice of the people is important because it could be the difference peace and violence. for example, PMB still has the support of many because he is the choice of many and many are willing to endure and give him a chance. Imagine if PMB became president from the backdoor and things are getting this bad, don't you think there would have been anarchy in the land?

We just need to amend this laws so that the reflect common sense, it would do us a whole lot of good.

1 Like

Re: Abia: My Order Sacking Ikpeazu Stays – Justice Abang by lightheart(m): 10:10am On Jul 05, 2016
kulekaa:
The court cannot order a sitting governor to
vacate his office just for fun. #am out
EoD
Re: Abia: My Order Sacking Ikpeazu Stays – Justice Abang by solar9190(m): 10:21am On Jul 05, 2016
Definitely he will.
Re: Abia: My Order Sacking Ikpeazu Stays – Justice Abang by MasterofdRolls1(m): 10:47am On Jul 05, 2016
Blizzy9ja:
This judgement is setting a bad precedence for our judiciary.

How is it setting a bad precedence please?
Re: Abia: My Order Sacking Ikpeazu Stays – Justice Abang by OlujobaSamuel: 10:48am On Jul 05, 2016
TamedWolf90:

I'm actually helping you out.
I said him not me. anyway thanks.
however, your response do not addressed the point I'm trying to make, the law actually demands that the person must have been paying his taxes as and when due or must show evidence of tax exemption.
Re: Abia: My Order Sacking Ikpeazu Stays – Justice Abang by denitro(m): 11:12am On Jul 05, 2016
HungerBAD:
By Ikechukwu Nnochiri, Anayo Okoli, Victor Otigbu & Ugochukwu Alaribe ABUJA —

It said: “Nigerians should be informed that there is no requirement for payment of tax at all or as and when due in the constitution, Electoral Act or INEC nomination form. The tax documents were included in the documents accompanying his nomination form by Dr. Ikpeazu’s aides by mistake.The tax documents included by aides of Dr. Ikpeazu in the nomination form sent to INEC are genuine and there are absolutely no false entries in them and even if for purposes of argument, there were mistakes in the tax documents, Dr. Ikpeazu was not responsible for such mistakes and the mandate given him by hundreds of thousands of Abia voters cannot be invalidated on the basis of a spurious and unfounded allegation.

Oh Nigeria....
Hahahahaha
Fantastic Corruption
Re: Abia: My Order Sacking Ikpeazu Stays – Justice Abang by TamedWolf90: 11:23am On Jul 05, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:

I said him not me. anyway thanks.
however, your response do not addressed the point I'm trying to make, the law actually demands that the person must have been paying his taxes as and when due or must show evidence of tax exemption.

I just showed you the law requirements and you still don't want to absorb it... Bros , nawa o..
You can only say the issue of forged certificate which the state revenue service has quashed...my dear, there is no case to me ...its just politics using judicial muppets to tussle
Re: Abia: My Order Sacking Ikpeazu Stays – Justice Abang by abimic(m): 11:40am On Jul 05, 2016
This law of a thing could be really comical at some points, what explains a man that expended nothing to reap where he never sow? I would have preferred the first runner up be declared the winner than ogah who spent nothing to campaign and others. Infact, the first runner up got populace who loved him and voted for him compared to ogah who could buy lovers and followers with his money. Well, since it's a PDP slot, only PDP person can fill the vacancy if it truly becomes open.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Southern Reps Back Region’s Govs On 2023 Presidency, PIB, Electoral Act / Oyinlola Reinstated As PDP National Secretary / All Government Institutions Are Corrupt – Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.