Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,835 members, 7,820,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:44 AM

Flashback: Ex Skye Bank Chairman Donate N2 Billion To PDP In 2014 - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Flashback: Ex Skye Bank Chairman Donate N2 Billion To PDP In 2014 (899 Views)

EFCC Detains Tunde Ayeni, Ex Skye Bank Chairman, Over N1bn Bribe To Ex-fct Minis / CBN Appoints Ahmad And Abiru As Skye Bank's Chairman, CEO / I Have No Link With Auctus Integrated -olatunde Ayeni, Skye Bank Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Flashback: Ex Skye Bank Chairman Donate N2 Billion To PDP In 2014 by dridowu: 2:49pm On Jul 05, 2016
Despite being unable to pay civil servants in some of their states, the 21 governors of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, on Saturday night donated N1.05 billion to their party ahead of the 2015 elections.
The governor’s donation was part of the N21.2 billion raised by the party at its fund raising dinner held at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.
Punch Newspapers quotes Isa Yuguda, the Bauchi State governor, as saying each of the PDP governors donated N50 million to arrive at N1.05 billion. In several states, including PDP-controlled states like Benue and Akwa Ibom, thousands of civil servants have not been paid salaries; sometimes for up to four months. Mr. Yuguda did not comment on why the governors felt more obliged to donate funds to the party when workers were yet to be paid.

Apart from the governors, other major donors at the dinner include Tunde Ayeni, the chairman of Skye Bank, who PREMIUM TIMES had reported recently as leading a consortium to purchase the former national carrier, NITEL, and its mobile subsidiary, MTEL. Mr. Ayeni, who was chairman of the occasion, donated N2 billion. He announced that he was donating N1 billion on behalf of himself and his partner and another billion on behalf of his friends.
Also at the event, a former Information Minister, Jerry Gana, announced a donation of N5 billion on behalf of his friends and associates in the power sector.
Other major donors as reported by Punch Newspapers include players in the Oil and Gas sector – N5 billion; players in Real Estate and Building – N4 billion; Transport and Aviation – N 1billion; Food and Agriculture – N500 million; Power – N500 million; Construction – N310 million; Road Construction – N250 million; National Automative Association – N450 million; Shelter Development Limited – N250 million; and SIFAX group – N100 million.
However, the chief fund raiser, Aliko Dangote, did not make any donation as his representative at the event, Joseph Makoju, announced he had no mandate to make one. He said Mr. Dangote would contact the PDP leadership about his donation once he arrives in the country.
At the event, the PDP National Chairman, Adamu Mu’azu, announced that the money would be used to complete the party’s headquarters in Abuja and also run its affairs.
Mr. Mu’azu and President Goodluck Jonathan appealed to members who lost various primaries not to leave the PDP but work with the winners for the 2015 elections.
“If out of anger or frustration, you leave the party because you didn’t get what you wanted, then you are not contributing to the growth of democracy,” Mr. Jonathan said.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/173602-nigeria-2015-governors-skye-bank-chairman-others-donate-n21-billion-pdp.html

lalasticlala Mynd44

Re: Flashback: Ex Skye Bank Chairman Donate N2 Billion To PDP In 2014 by HungerBAD: 2:50pm On Jul 05, 2016
Brings out a Calculator.

After adding a few Billions from the Donations, i got to a TRILLION and so i stopped calculating. So, i will repeat it again incase the wailers and those complaining about Buhari did not hear me well before. If it is only the fight against Corruption, that President Buhari succeeds in doing in his first Tenure, then i will be pleased with him.

And yes i will never get tired of bringing in Jonathan's name for legalizing corruption in Nigeria. This Ayeni Fellow, should be arrested by the EFCC and be made to return all the Billions with him.

I am also curious about Jerry Gana too. Jerry "Can Of Lies" Gana has friends with 5 Billion Naira?it is official, the PDP looted Nigeria to the Ground, and our struggles today is as a result of the cash mop out by these criminals.

Even with all these Billions, Tinubu with the help of the "FREE PRESS" sent the Otuoke Thief back to the creek, into the dungeon and pit holes of irrelevance in Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Flashback: Ex Skye Bank Chairman Donate N2 Billion To PDP In 2014 by modath(f): 2:57pm On Jul 05, 2016
This I made on another thread!!!

modath:

Yola and Ibadan Discos should be nationalised quickly to settle Tunde Ayeni's debts...

We see them feeling funky all over the place, not knowing it's the few thousands we put in these DMBs they are feeling fly on...

In a country where people never care to ascertain an individual's source of wealth, where all we hear is "God don pick hin call", that this happened is no mystery...

How can someone graduate from being Late Aikhomu's "boy" to investor in Discos without anything to tie the stream of the stupendous wealth and no one thought to ask questions!!

He owed this much and still donated 2bn (reports) to Jonathan's campaign , talk about robbing Peter to settle Paul for future political patronage.

3 Likes

Re: Flashback: Ex Skye Bank Chairman Donate N2 Billion To PDP In 2014 by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jul 05, 2016
Deal gone bad.. licking his wound now!

1 Like

Re: Flashback: Ex Skye Bank Chairman Donate N2 Billion To PDP In 2014 by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jul 05, 2016
HungerBAD:
Brings out a Calculator.

After adding a few Billions from the Donations, i got to a TRILLION and so i stopped calculating. So, i will repeat it again incase the wailers and those complaining about Buhari did not hear me well before. If it is only the fight against Corruption, that President Buhari succeeds in doing in his first Tenure, then i will be pleased with him.

And yes i will never get tired of bringing in Jonathan's name for legalizing corruption in Nigeria. This Ayeni Fellow, should be arrested by the EFCC and be made to return all the Billions with him back.

I am also curious about Jerry Gana too. Jerry "Can Of Lies" Gana has friends with 5 Billion Naira?it is official, the PDP looted Nigeria to the Ground, and our struggles today is as a result of the cash mop out by these criminals.

Even with all these Billions, Tinubu with the help of the "FREE PRESS" sent the Otuoke Thief back to the creek, into the dungeon and pit holes of irrelevance in Nigeria.

...... Gbam! Truer words have never been said. You laid it all bare as it is bro. Chop knuckles!! Thank God Jona and his thieves never won the election, Nigeria would have been in doldrums by now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flashback: Ex Skye Bank Chairman Donate N2 Billion To PDP In 2014 by malton: 3:21pm On Jul 05, 2016
Re: Flashback: Ex Skye Bank Chairman Donate N2 Billion To PDP In 2014 by anonimi: 4:01pm On Jul 05, 2016
HungerBAD:
Brings out a Calculator.

And yes i will never get tired of bringing in Jonathan's name for legalizing corruption in Nigeria. This Ayeni Fellow, should be arrested by the EFCC and be made to return all the Billions with him.

Can you use your calculator for:

- Fayemi's N1.5 billion
- Audu Ogbeh's N5 billion
- Amaechi's multi-billion $$$$$$$$$$$
- Fashola's multi-billion NNNNNNNNNNNN
etc, etc.

That is what a sincere person would do, not so
I guess that is not what you are or can be.

eaglechild:
We can't complete Lagos light rail project

We obviously can't complete Lekki international phantom airport.

And you will be the biggest fool to think that we can complete Eko Atlantic.

Use your head people where do you think we are getting all the money we are using to sponsor Buhari undecided

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2079192_fasholaa_jpegfc425dbc9482db4d2098e4dd5e8bee75

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3483217_amaechidollarisation_jpegb5e0800e024c28f6be3bb816a31e3e74

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flashback: Ex Skye Bank Chairman Donate N2 Billion To PDP In 2014 by anonimi: 4:06pm On Jul 05, 2016
modelmike7:
Deal gone bad.. licking his wound now!

......just like the Agatu people of Benue state whose yams Audu Ogbeh CLAIMED he sold 5,000,000 at N1,000 to raise N5 billion for Buhari's campaign. embarassed embarassed

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3773947_img20160529090234_jpegca51bdff8ad2dce07c0beef819ddf9d0

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3923742_benue_pngd581259d8be2539334384d77adc3be7d

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

<<<do You Need Your Own Brand Of Smoked Catfish? Enter Here>>> / Scam Alert! Wegofinancial / Ice Cream Machine - Order Now!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.