Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,767 members, 7,831,467 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:11 PM

The Real Reasons Why Women Wear Waist Beads (Naija Version) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Real Reasons Why Women Wear Waist Beads (Naija Version) (5353 Views)

How To Sleep Wit Any Girl (naija Version) / Dating A Girl Who Wears Beads Around Her Waist / Chaiii See The Real Reasons Why Nigerian Women Wear Waist Beads ( Photo ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Real Reasons Why Women Wear Waist Beads (Naija Version) by kajoula(m): 12:20pm On Jul 06, 2016
Beads are usually small round pieces of pierced glass, wood or metal strung together to serve as adornment for the waist, neck or ankle beads.

Waist Beads are common with females and they are an excellent tool for women to feel more feminine and beautiful. These beautiful gemstone waist beads are hand made and customized. The tradition of wearing beads is an age long one, from time immemorial; it has been worn for varying reasons by the royalty, for body adornment, deification and decoration.

The wearing of beads on the waist was made popular by the Yorubas in Nigeria. Overtime the culture of the use of beads has been associated with both spiritual and material reasons. In some parts of Africa, the beads are anointed in oils and the woman stands over a sm oked pot and commences to ‘smo ke her self’.

This practice aids in sensory pleasure for the man. Some beads are adorned with bells, which is a signal to let the man know that the woman wants to engage in se.xual intercourse. The Yorubas have a revered usage attached to the waist beads. It is also worn as a form of birth control, as a way of preventing obesity or also for their ‘healing’ and therapeutic powers.

They refer to the waist bead as ILEKE or LAGIDIGBA is made of palm nut shells string together, while the ‘bebe’ which is also worn around the waist is made of glass.

The Yorubas have a belief that the waist beads possess some erotic appeal and have the power to incite desire or deep emotional response on men. Waist Beads in Yoruba are also used for birth control, the beads are laced with charms and worn by the women to prevent conception and were also around the waist of baby girls to perfectly shape her buttocks.

Gone are the days when beads have been thought to be worn by ‘UNSOPHISTICATED’, forward or slutty women alone, also different stories abound on the usage of waist beads by ladies and some men who believe they are infused or laced with charms or Juju or Juju will never touch a woman wearing beads with a 10 foot pole for the fear of falling under the supposed spell of such women.

For a while, waist beads almost went into extinction but now the re emergence of beads has added a new dimension into the craze among Nigerian Ladies. While some men ablor it, some request their partners get them as it makes them more sensual and attractive.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Real Reasons Why Women Wear Waist Beads (Naija Version) by ayooladee(f): 12:21pm On Jul 06, 2016
I hate tht shii aswear angry makes one looks like an oracle
Re: The Real Reasons Why Women Wear Waist Beads (Naija Version) by mcversatile(m): 12:23pm On Jul 06, 2016
Nice ananlysis...
Re: The Real Reasons Why Women Wear Waist Beads (Naija Version) by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jul 06, 2016
wink
Re: The Real Reasons Why Women Wear Waist Beads (Naija Version) by KnightRod(m): 12:36pm On Jul 06, 2016
Farano do you wear waist beads?

I think it's really sexy, it attracts me.
Re: The Real Reasons Why Women Wear Waist Beads (Naija Version) by KnightRod(m): 12:37pm On Jul 06, 2016
SANDOSKI:
wink
Do you wear them?

Picture of your waist or I don't believe whatever you answer!
Re: The Real Reasons Why Women Wear Waist Beads (Naija Version) by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jul 06, 2016
KnightRod:
Do you wear them?

Picture of your waist or I don't believe whatever you answer!
wink

Yap
Re: The Real Reasons Why Women Wear Waist Beads (Naija Version) by KnightRod(m): 12:46pm On Jul 06, 2016
SANDOSKI:
wink
Yap
undecided Well? I'm waiting..
Re: The Real Reasons Why Women Wear Waist Beads (Naija Version) by Kherry: 12:58pm On Jul 06, 2016
Me love waist beads lyk kilode............
Re: The Real Reasons Why Women Wear Waist Beads (Naija Version) by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jul 06, 2016
kajoula:
Beads are usually small round pieces of pierced glass, wood or metal strung together to serve as adornment for the waist, neck or ankle beads.

Waist Beads are common with females and they are an excellent tool for women to feel more feminine and beautiful. These beautiful gemstone waist beads are hand made and customized. The tradition of wearing beads is an age long one, from time immemorial; it has been worn for varying reasons by the royalty, for body adornment, deification and decoration.

The wearing of beads on the waist was made popular by the Yorubas in Nigeria. Overtime the culture of the use of beads has been associated with both spiritual and material reasons. In some parts of Africa, the beads are anointed in oils and the woman stands over a sm oked pot and commences to ‘smo ke her self’.

This practice aids in sensory pleasure for the man. Some beads are adorned with bells, which is a signal to let the man know that the woman wants to engage in se.xual intercourse. The Yorubas have a revered usage attached to the waist beads. It is also worn as a form of birth control, as a way of preventing obesity or also for their ‘healing’ and therapeutic powers.

They refer to the waist bead as ILEKE or LAGIDIGBA is made of palm nut shells string together, while the ‘bebe’ which is also worn around the waist is made of glass.

The Yorubas have a belief that the waist beads possess some erotic appeal and have the power to incite desire or deep emotional response on men. Waist Beads in Yoruba are also used for birth control, the beads are laced with charms and worn by the women to prevent conception and were also around the waist of baby girls to perfectly shape her buttocks.

Gone are the days when beads have been thought to be worn by ‘UNSOPHISTICATED’, forward or slutty women alone, also different stories abound on the usage of waist beads by ladies and some men who believe they are infused or laced with charms or Juju or Juju will never touch a woman wearing beads with a 10 foot pole for the fear of falling under the supposed spell of such women.

For a while, waist beads almost went into extinction but now the re emergence of beads has added a new dimension into the craze among Nigerian Ladies. While some men ablor it, some request their partners get them as it makes them more sensual and attractive.

nice write-ups!
Re: The Real Reasons Why Women Wear Waist Beads (Naija Version) by enshi(m): 1:10pm On Jul 06, 2016
ayooladee:
I hate tht shii aswear angry makes one looks like an oracle

HOW do you always get to comment first on all threads... Hmmm....
Re: The Real Reasons Why Women Wear Waist Beads (Naija Version) by ayooladee(f): 1:12pm On Jul 06, 2016
enshi:

HOW do you always get to comment first on all threads... Hmmm....
i have no idea undecided
Re: The Real Reasons Why Women Wear Waist Beads (Naija Version) by schumastic(m): 1:17pm On Jul 06, 2016
some ladies waist makes it look so damm sexy cool grin kiss while others makes you wana puke cry lipsrsealed
Re: The Real Reasons Why Women Wear Waist Beads (Naija Version) by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jul 06, 2016
It makes her look possess.
Re: The Real Reasons Why Women Wear Waist Beads (Naija Version) by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jul 06, 2016
am so getting mine...
Re: The Real Reasons Why Women Wear Waist Beads (Naija Version) by Boring: 2:09pm On Jul 06, 2016
sexy ..me like it. grin
Re: The Real Reasons Why Women Wear Waist Beads (Naija Version) by kossyablaze(m): 2:09pm On Jul 06, 2016
Lol vaseline crew would like that pic above

1 Like

Re: The Real Reasons Why Women Wear Waist Beads (Naija Version) by MISSNORA(f): 2:16pm On Jul 06, 2016
I wear it
Re: The Real Reasons Why Women Wear Waist Beads (Naija Version) by 0955eb027(m): 5:12pm On Jul 06, 2016
To ma brodas, if you come across a girl with waist bead, run for your life. *runs outta thread*
Re: The Real Reasons Why Women Wear Waist Beads (Naija Version) by Dexema(m): 5:38pm On Jul 06, 2016
CindyeMerAld:
am so getting mine...
right colour will look good on u, but some guys may become scared of thunderbolt.
Re: The Real Reasons Why Women Wear Waist Beads (Naija Version) by wittyt98(m): 5:59pm On Jul 06, 2016
I don't like that stuff nd ladies that do wear it
Re: The Real Reasons Why Women Wear Waist Beads (Naija Version) by zealz4u(m): 3:29am On Jul 07, 2016
ladies & their unnecessary & meaningless weapons. So sad that most ladies still don't know that REAL MEN only need ur brain & ur natural self.
Re: The Real Reasons Why Women Wear Waist Beads (Naija Version) by dauntless15(m): 5:08am On Jul 07, 2016
I've always wondered why, thought its for lesbians or ho's, it looks demonic and sexy on girls and guess wah cheesy i like sexy so screw the demons

(1) (Reply)

I Am Scared Of Going To Serve In Cross-river!!! I Need Encouragement / Lesbian Couple Share Loved Up Photos As They Go Shopping In Delta State (photos) / Tall Cute Edo Slayqueen, Slays With Open Chest (PIX)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.