Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,411 members, 7,815,916 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:57 PM

12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State (52819 Views)

4 Interesting Facts About Nigeria You Probably Didn’t Know / 16 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom / 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State by Humblesam(m): 7:40pm On Jul 07, 2016
dovezeeta:
d richest state in Nigeria n d most backward state in Nigeria. Plus too much villages. every thursday,friday and Saturday at least 10 people would be buried in each local govt., too much much witchcraft,etc

I can see you just got introduced to Nairaland a month and some days ago.....and you suddenly want to be relevant maybe from this beautiful thread that get to do with my beautiful State....but I personally will cure your craze if you don't run out from here.

3 Likes

Re: 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State by Soleymania(m): 8:36pm On Jul 07, 2016
[qnot opinion, it's d fact.. have been in uyo since March 2014, when it rains come and see roads overflowed with water,particularly abak road, atiku abubakar Na something else..am saying this cos it's over hyped.. ote author=fratermathy post=47302732]

Your opinion bro. However, when one is the only person saying something different from others, something is definitely up. Check yourself well. Maybe you forgot your glasses on your way to the state. [/quote]

1 Like

Re: 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State by Soleymania(m): 9:11pm On Jul 07, 2016
[qnot opinion, it's d fact.. have been in uyo since March 2014, when it rains come and see roads overflowed with water,particularly abak road ,atiku abubakar is something else. ... The state is far behind,despite getting d biggest allocation(all sw joined).. how can someone compare aregbe and osun people to akpabio? Most lazy tribe (men) they only know how to eat dog. Comparing uni uyo and polytechnics in sw,d criteria is infrastructure and year of existence. Uni uyo architectural department , cows fkucking around.. I have IT boys under me on my site, poly student from sw beter pass them..majority living in ewet are not getting their money from the state. Cleaneness, u see debris mostly on roads where we have waste bins,one stinks at a street adjacent fcmb at Oron road, another one at traffic light by use offot primary school to mention few. No special thing about the state.. Na only dakada den I know... From 5star hotel to plaza just branch off d express, Na unorganized layout of houses without drainage, bad roads,water. Major changes of girls there wears okrika purchased for 50# at plaza by 7pm. If other state receives same allocation as theirs d state would be better off. The only cheap thing there is ugwu leaf , water leaf , perrywinkle.. other expensive... I was entangled with at least 2of their babes, one even said if I don't marry her. I mustnt marry .Na fast and prayer I take comot. A beg strangers. Don't dare their girls..
Re: 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State by datigbogirl: 9:13pm On Jul 07, 2016
nigerianvenom:
fratermathy, thanks for this.but akwa Ibom has four major cities (uyo, eket, ikot ekpene, oron).
Le meridien hotel is not in uyo but uruan, so is Atlantic fm and cocharis motors.
The first class newly completed hospital built by Akpabio isn't in uyo but itu.
Akwa Ibom is the most peaceful state in Nigeria. It has the deepest sea pot in Nigeria without drechig.
Akwa Ibom has some of the most important entertainers in the entertainment industries and sport, I. e, ini edo, Frank Edoho, ime bishop Umoh, mesh, pasto goddy goddy, emem isong, annie idibia, Vincent enyeama, England youth prodigy rose efanga Barkley.
The first chief justice of Uganda, justice udo udoma was from akwa Ibom.
The first or second cbn governor - clement isong was from akwa Ibom.
The longest serving secretary to the federal government - ufot ekaette is from akwa Ibom.
The second in command of the defunct biafra region - General Philip effiong was from Akwaibom.
The first indigenous IGP of Nigeria-sir Louis effiong was from akwa Ibom.
Maritime Academy of Nigeria is in oron, akwa Ibom.
Akwa Ibom was created same day with katsina state.
The most popular beer in akwa ibom is champion beer which is brew in akwa ibom.
Governor Victor attah married a Canadian while Godswill Akpabio married an igbo woman.
Akwa Ibom has the best delicacies meals in West Africa, I. e edikang ikon, ekpang nkukwo, afong, etc.
I'm from akwa Ibom, incase you don't know and akwa Ibom ayaiya

Is it true dat Ibom chiks are very loyal to their men? Cos aort from kitchen prowress I'll love to date and marry an Ibom chik....
Re: 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State by Elebiju: 9:15pm On Jul 07, 2016
EPOMA:

I disagree with some of the bullshit here , EDIKang Ikon is cross river , and Ekpang

They don't have any sea port

Edikankong is for Ibibio, Anang, eket and efik (calabar) just as pounded yam is for ekiti and ondo States, the ibaka seaport in akwa ibom is an ongoing multi billion dollar project. You shouldn't be quick to type bullshit
Re: 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State by datigbogirl: 9:15pm On Jul 07, 2016
LizGray:
Akwa-Ibom. You only posted the good part about them tho.

If there's any info about you feel we should pls share it cos i honestly plan settling down there....
Re: 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State by fratermathy(m): 9:15pm On Jul 07, 2016
Soleymania:
[qnot opinion, it's d fact.. have been in uyo since March 2014, when it rains come and see roads overflowed with water,particularly abak road ,atiku abubakar is something else. ... The state is far behind,despite getting d biggest allocation(all sw joined).. how can someone compare aregbe and osun people to akpabio? Most lazy tribe (men) they only know how to eat dog. Comparing uni uyo and polytechnics in sw,d criteria is infrastructure and year of existence. Uni uyo architectural department , cows fkucking around.. I have IT boys under me on my site, poly student from sw beter pass them..majority living in ewet are not getting their money from the state. Cleaneness, u see debris mostly on roads where we have waste bins,one stinks at a street adjacent fcmb at Oron road, another one at traffic light by use offot primary school to mention few. No special thing about the state.. Na only dakada den I know... From 5star hotel to plaza just branch off d express, Na unorganized layout of houses without drainage, bad roads,water. Major changes of girls there wears okrika purchased for 50# at plaza by 7pm. If other state receives same allocation as theirs d state would be better off. The only cheap thing there is ugwu leaf , water leaf , perrywinkle.. other expensive... I was entangled with at least 2of their babes, one even said if I don't marry her. I mustnt marry .Na fast and prayer I take comot. A beg strangers. Don't dare their girls..

I found it very difficult to follow your writeup so I stopped reading after the first few sentences but in any case, it's your opinion.

1 Like

Re: 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State by datigbogirl: 9:21pm On Jul 07, 2016
siddoggg:
The businesses booming right now in akwa ibom are drinking parlours,keke driving and betting houses...and those are facts!could send pics to back that up

Are you sure about that drinking parlor stuff? I'm planning on opening one but don't know where yet?
Re: 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State by Soleymania(m): 9:22pm On Jul 07, 2016
This is evidence uni uyo arch dpt

Re: 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State by sitibemfen(m): 9:28pm On Jul 07, 2016
The seaport project is on paper for now, but there's hope of fruition.
Also, the immediate past govn. of Akwa-ibom state, chief Godswill Akpabio is from Ikot Ekpene senatorial district. The modern lustre of the state can be traced to Akpabio. This is a man who turned a village into a destination of choice.
Re: 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jul 07, 2016
AjenAjid:

Akwa Ibom isn't the richest state in Nigeria...
Just because she receives the highest Federal Allocation doesn't make her the richest.
There's a difference between income and value.

As much as I'll agree with you that there are negative characteristics of the state, but your first few lines shows you're a saddist and just out to killjoy.
my brother I stay in Akwa ibom state.i witness dis their weekly burial n its just so sad. D hospitals der lack basic things to d point dat ordinary malaria will kill d patient.

2 Likes

Re: 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State by Elebiju: 9:37pm On Jul 07, 2016
datigbogirl:

If there's any info about you feel we should pls share it cos i honestly plan settling down there....
The men are very lazy most especially the ibibios.. They prefer to drink palm wine and dog meat from morning till night, their women are very hardworking and they are blessings to their husbands, they farm while the men only eat I know it is hard to believe and you can only hear this from a sincere akwa ibomite which is why their ladies prefer to marry men from other tribes most especially SW. They have numerous dishes but can't cook tasty meals in fact their is nothing special about their food. Afam soup is just efo riro likewise edikankong, efere ndise and efere nkwo except their white soup, ekpang kukwo is ikokore in yoruba and asa akpapa is just yoruba Egbo, ikoki is sapala in yoruba land. I cook them very well though with a little yoruba flavour and they find it amusing when a man cooks.

2 Likes

Re: 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State by datigbogirl: 9:45pm On Jul 07, 2016
Elebiju:
The men are very lazy most especially the ibibios.. They prefer to drink palm wine and dog meat from morning till night, their women are very hardworking and they are blessings to their husbands, they farm while the men only eat I know it is hard to believe and you can only hear this from a sincere akwa ibomite which is why their ladies prefer to marry men from other tribes most especially SW. They have numerous dishes but can't cook tasty meals in fact their is nothing special about their food. Afam soup is just efo riro likewise edikankong, efere ndise and efere nkwo except their white soup, ekpang kukwo is ikokore in yoruba and asa akpapa is just yoruba Egbo, ikoki is sapala in yoruba land. I cook them very well though with a little yoruba flavour and they find it amusing when a man cooks.

I've heard about that a couple of times... That's however none of my concern cos most times a prophet is not without honour except in his own town....

1 Like

Re: 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State by datigbogirl: 9:53pm On Jul 07, 2016
Elebiju:

And sorry i plan setting up a beer parlor business or hospital over there wbich do you think will bring more profit in d short run especially now that you're telling me they prefer palm wine to beer.
Re: 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State by datigbogirl: 10:12pm On Jul 07, 2016
TSOM:

You shameless liar! You claimed to be from Uruan L.G.A in Akwaibom State but a quick perusal of your post history shows you're Delta-Igbo.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3939657_20160707152715_jpegb00f1562a6fdc365fdf9f90166172a84

Your lands are destroyed by overflowing crude oil, you're vandals, dypsomaniacs, self-servers, lazy and occult-indulging miscreants.

You are a ritualist! Your capital city roads are riddled with potholes and your life ambition is to end stipends from proceeds of kidnapping.

Your people die daily from from explosions when they go to steal crude oil from faulty pipelines.

AKWAIBOM State is peaceful while your state is war-torn.

Cc: Chalsixtus

And the funny thing be sey una still geh Oil pass dem yet dem wan kee themselves.... AkwaIbom Ayaya! I'm on my way coming with some Arab money to invest!

2 Likes

Re: 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State by Soleymania(m): 10:24pm On Jul 07, 2016
Only state where keke ply highway, I needed to buy ready made weddding iv, visited all supermarket in uyo coudnt get ,visited barracks road. Ikot epene road, Oron road nwaniba, road. Was so disappointed.
Only state keke Na drop, people rarely takes taxi drop.
Number of keke pass number of passengers. The only central place is plaza, we bring all artisans from sw. Only state that has oil and cost of cooking gas more than other state in Nigeria. Fuel was 140 all tru and2014/15. Playground (recreational center ) is like a big deal to them, only grass that's all. Majority of sw student in uni uyo are stranded admissions guys in sw.

2 Likes

Re: 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State by 2el(m): 10:51pm On Jul 07, 2016
fratermathy:

Ibaka deep seaport.
okay
Re: 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State by 2el(m): 10:52pm On Jul 07, 2016
fratermathy:

Ibaka deep seaport.
okay
Re: 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State by Elebiju: 10:55pm On Jul 07, 2016
datigbogirl:

And sorry i plan setting up a beer parlor business or hospital over there wbich do you think will bring more profit in d short run especially now that you're telling me they prefer palm wine to beer.
Don't even try the liquor business here, even in ikot ekpene the bars are always scanty, hospital? They've got free health care except if you're wanna specialize in "you know what".
Re: 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State by datigbogirl: 11:29pm On Jul 07, 2016
Elebiju:
Don't even try the liquor business here, even in ikot ekpene the bars are always scanty, hospital? They've got free health care except if you're wanna specialize in "you know what".

Lols... So na only palmy dem dey shack for there anddog meat.... Na wa oh..... So the place will prolly be cool only for accommodation and not for business ba?
Re: 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State by datigbogirl: 11:42pm On Jul 07, 2016
Soleymania:
I works there as a site engineer, level of poverty so much that just roasted plantain and chicken can get their girls to bed. The elites rides on d illiterates, they see Lagos like heaven, 50% of them are myopic, have never been outside of d state, roads are good really, but what's d size of d capital? U can finish all road projects.. within an hour u can tour uyo.. they are not exposed, their men very lazy,arrogant. Anyone from Lagos (yorubas) are like gods to thier girls,if U con get car,jeep. Dia best estate is just like bodija estate in ibadan,no private tv.. silverbird cinema Na like heaven to them. If u have keke for commercial u b big boy,can date enough girls, a 30 yr old guy can still be an undergraduate, mapoly abeokuta better pass uni uyo. My first time in market ,de asked are u a corper.. majority doesn't expect strangers, except corpers..most businesses are runned by igbos,they are lazy. Akpabio Na like demi god..road from Abia Na death trap.. ask corpers.....the state is far behind...... [color=#006600][/color]

What abouy having a business like beer joint or hospital over there? Will it thrive?
Re: 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State by datigbogirl: 11:57pm On Jul 07, 2016
bobochem:
I av an opportunity to serve in this state and I am a living testifier to d write up of dis dude.My first stay at my ppa,I was greated wt plate of rice and fish by eka(mummy) p. I wud av luv to stay in d state but it is very hard to get job there; mostly wt u see around is banks but no companies.Almost all d roads are tarred and their girls are second to none,most especially their yellow pawpaw.

How about setting up a beer joint or hospital business there? How lucrative is it?
Re: 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State by datigbogirl: 12:00am On Jul 08, 2016
Soleymania:

Dont dare their girls in what please?
Re: 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State by misselekwachi(f): 12:09am On Jul 08, 2016
fratermathy:

By Mathias Orhero (literarymathy[at]gmail.com)
Akwa Ibom is cool,sure but I guess you're wrong about how they treat the corp members and Wht they are being paid! As I speak to you now, I'm still being owed a month salary by the state govt n I passed out in 2014 besides,they just pay #6000 as state alawi. Let me not go further in projecting my observations before it looks personal... Thanks!
Re: 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State by Idydarling(f): 12:19am On Jul 08, 2016
NnamdiN:
Even with my very posh style of speaking...
Re: 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State by vikeyz(m): 12:26am On Jul 08, 2016
I'm proudly Ekid
Re: 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State by datigbogirl: 12:29am On Jul 08, 2016
dovezeeta:
my brother I stay in Akwa ibom state.i witness dis their weekly burial n its just so sad. D hospitals der lack basic things to d point dat ordinary malaria will kill d patient.

Are they very poor that they can't afford hospital services and relaxation joints?
Re: 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State by flexymudi: 2:05am On Jul 08, 2016
state allawee for corpers hv bn reduce to #5000 in akwa ibom.am servin der
Re: 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State by Ablitmuspaper(m): 2:15am On Jul 08, 2016
I served in Aks nd stil live dia uptil nw....wot op said abt dia accent is very correct...was difficult at 1st to understand dia spoken english bt nw am even speaking like dem.....dia language is very difficult to learn bt am trying to learn....dey don't rili like it if u don't know dia language......ask of Isaac dt repairs fone @plaza u ll see me

1 Like

Re: 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State by JKriss16(m): 5:36am On Jul 08, 2016
When did Oron stop being DE 3rd major language in Aiwa Ibom state poster??

Please verify your info... It's Ibibio, Annang and ORON

1 Like

Re: 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State by NnamdiN: 6:24am On Jul 08, 2016
Idydarling:
women grin grin grin grin grin The tiny detail you think they wouldn't notice cheesy

1 Like

Re: 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State by Nobody: 6:48am On Jul 08, 2016
datigbogirl:

Are they very poor that they can't afford hospital services and relaxation joints?
lol their hospitals are dead zone,once anyone is taken there,I don't guarantee that person coming back alive. Dat is y they will continue their Thursday,Friday n Saturday burials. If u doubt me visit Akwa Ibom in d morning on any of dis 3days I have mentioned.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

• • •Tips On Getting A US VISA / Accident Along Benin Highway Few Days Ago,Some Dead,Others Injured(Pics) / Burial Of The 26 Nigerian Girls Killed In Mediterranean Sea (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.