Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,668 members, 7,816,749 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:17 PM

9 Types Of Men You Should Marry - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 9 Types Of Men You Should Marry (1231 Views)

9 Types Of Women You Should Never Marry / "Women Should Marry 4 Husbands Also" - Muslim Lady / 9 Types Of Nigerian Boyfriends!! A Must Read. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

9 Types Of Men You Should Marry by PulseWeb: 3:21pm On Jul 06, 2016

Previously, I wrote on nine types of men you should never marry. This is because research has consistently shown that there are certain men who are just not marriage material. Such men set you up for a lot of pain, disappointment and suffering. I urge you to read the blog post nine men you must never marry. It is very insightful and will help all the single ladies out there who are looking for Mr. Right.

Back to the topic at hand: nine types of men you should marry. There are a number of traits that if a man you come across has each or all of them, you should consider him if he asks you out. You may not feel the spark at first, but with time, once you are not an aromantic, you definitely will. Kindly read on for the nine types of men you should marry.

1)The firm believer.

It is not an outdated religious rule to marry a man who shares your religious convictions. True, mixed-faith marriages sometimes work out, but they are the exception, not the rule. This applies to people who are irreligious too. This is because surveys have consistently shown that getting married to a person whose religious convictions is at variance from yours poses a lot of problems in the future. Do not be led astray by a man’s charm, looks or financial success. Be wise!

2)The truthful guy.

Honesty is the best policy. If you are with a man who is always open and sincere about his motives, intentions, past, job, relationships etc, here is a man you should seriously consider getting married to. Marriage must be built upon a foundation of trust. If a man you are dating is the type who is a liar, who tells you things and later, insists that you must have misunderstood him when you call him out on it, watch out! Such a man will bamboozle you with deception.

3)Not a playboy.

It’s rather unfortunate that nowadays, many men have no concept of sexual purity. Do you know how many ladies the man you are considering getting married to has dated and if he slept with all of them? Is he the type of man who says he is ‘faithful’ while in a relationship but when out of one, anything goes? Watch out! This is because research shows that each extra sexual partner before marriage increases the risk of infidelity by 1%. If you are with a man who, though he is not a virgin, has had sex with only the women he dated, then you can seriously consider him for marriage.

4)Takes responsibility for his actions.

There are many men out there who have had failed marriages or relationships. Sometimes, they may have had children from such associations. If you are with a man who has been married before, but takes full responsibility for the children that resulted from that union, then you can seriously consider him for marriage because this is a sure sign that he is also going to take you as his responsibility.

5)Drinks in moderation and avoids substance abuse.

I advise that a lady who is seriously considering getting married to a man go with him whenever he is having a night out with the boys, so that you can observe his drinking habits. If he is the type of man who does not drink till he gets wasted and avoids smoking cigarettes, marijuana and injecting himself whenever he is out with his friends, he is someone you should say yes to if he asks you to marry him. If he is a substance abuser, don’t be fooled into staying with him by the excuse that it’s only you who can fix him. He needs professional help.

6)Financially stable and independent.

If you are with a man who pays all his bills on time, has a steady job and probably lives on his own, not with his parents or with a friend, here is someone you can trust to look after the family when it is time. Don’t marry a bum or a man who does not have a steady job. It is my personal opinion that a man who is not gainfully employed should not have a girlfriend. He should channel all his sexual energies into getting money to look after himself and his wife-to-be. Many ladies have been fooled by a man’s grandiose ideas and dreams of his financial future & by the time they get married, find out that he is a bum! If he is not steadily employed and financially independent, do not consider getting married to him unless you want to be the sole breadwinner!

7)The chivalrous man.

With the advent of feminist movements, chivalry is fast becoming an outdated concept. Choose a man who is gentle, opens the door for you, pulls out your chair when you are in the restaurant, and a man who knows how to control his temper.

coolHas authentic, not hubristic pride.

Any man who hints you that he is the insecure type is a man you should run away from. Trust me, I’ve been with insecure men and you do not want to take the post of massaging their egos. A man should have a healthy dose of self-pride, self-esteem, self-respect and self-worth without being a narcissist. If you are with a man who is dignified without being cocky, marry him!

9)Sees you as his equal.

I’m aware that in our patriarchal society, religion commands that women submit to their husbands. However, the Bible in First Peter 3:7 commands husbands to give honor to their wives as the weaker vessels. By the time a woman is submissive and the husband gives honor to his wife, a balance is reached where the couple see themselves as equals. If you are with a man who consults you whenever it is time for any major decision in his life, even before getting married to him, here is a treasure you can rely on. Never marry a man who has ego issues and believes he must lord it over the woman in his life.

With these tips, you can look around you with an alert mind and choose the man you will be truly happy with.

Here’s to a blissful marriage in advance!

more on: http://lushglamweddings.com/9-types-of-men-you-should-marry/

1 Like

Re: 9 Types Of Men You Should Marry by sinaj(f): 3:32pm On Jul 06, 2016
sinaj is typing...
Re: 9 Types Of Men You Should Marry by damseyl(f): 3:41pm On Jul 06, 2016
No God fearing?? Rubbish
Re: 9 Types Of Men You Should Marry by PulseWeb: 3:51pm On Jul 06, 2016
naa wooo, shocked shocked shocked shocked sad
damseyl:
No God fearing?? Rubbish

1 Like

Re: 9 Types Of Men You Should Marry by ritababe(f): 5:35pm On Jul 06, 2016
damseyl:
No God fearing?? Rubbish

lol, must them be god fearing before they get married, why not marry him and make him the god fearing type?

1 Like

Re: 9 Types Of Men You Should Marry by Harinholar(f): 5:48pm On Jul 06, 2016
PulseWeb:
naa wooo, shocked shocked shocked shocked sad
.... different different pipu dey diz world

1 Like

Re: 9 Types Of Men You Should Marry by ojun50(m): 5:54pm On Jul 06, 2016
Most u people marry
Re: 9 Types Of Men You Should Marry by LuveU2(f): 5:58pm On Jul 06, 2016
ojun50:
Most u people marry
I wonder o
Pls support my candidate for mr nairaland.
Feel free to check my siggy dear
Re: 9 Types Of Men You Should Marry by wozniacki(f): 6:06pm On Jul 06, 2016
I want to marry all the nine... where are they, pls?
Re: 9 Types Of Men You Should Marry by ojun50(m): 6:14pm On Jul 06, 2016
LuveU2:
I wonder o
Pls support my candidate for mr nairaland.
Feel free to check my siggy dear

dis yr candidate hv u see him ones? Because i don't understand d spirit u people are campaigni for
Re: 9 Types Of Men You Should Marry by K9blunt(f): 9:38pm On Jul 06, 2016
Na to mold such man, cause they are now extinct these days...

cry
Re: 9 Types Of Men You Should Marry by Aremu01(m): 9:43pm On Jul 06, 2016
ritababe:

lol, must them be god fearing before they get married, why not marry him and make him the god fearing type?

You think ppl is that easy to change?
Re: 9 Types Of Men You Should Marry by ritababe(f): 10:21pm On Jul 06, 2016
Aremu01:

You think ppl is that easy to change?
if love is involve yes
Re: 9 Types Of Men You Should Marry by Yksoul(m): 10:37pm On Jul 06, 2016
I Showered All Of These On My Girl We Stil Broke Up Without Sex In Almost 4years Relationshp

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Nigerian Girls Alway Do This? / Naive Girls And This Mentality Of Theirs / Your Most Weird Romancelander?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.