Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,617 members, 7,813,034 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:11 AM

What Exactly Do Atheists Believe In? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Exactly Do Atheists Believe In? (1587 Views)

Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? / Do Atheists Believe On Jinns Or Supernatural Beings / When Rapture Occurs Will Atheists Believe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Exactly Do Atheists Believe In? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jul 06, 2016
I have taken time to analyze statements of Atheists like Seun (NL owner), Ymodulus and I've noticed conflicts in their statements. Sometimes, their statements potray the fact that God does not exist and at other times, their statements potray God as wicked.

Now, i need clarifications. Which of these do you guys (Atheists) believe or stand for:

1. God does not exist.
2. God is wicked.

Awaiting your responses.
Re: What Exactly Do Atheists Believe In? by krak101(m): 7:39pm On Jul 06, 2016
Nothing

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Do Atheists Believe In? by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jul 06, 2016
Atheists do not believe in God. That's all. It's not a secret society. Atheism, like Theism, is an empty philosophy on its own. It says nothing about a person's character, values, or opinions on issues.

I don't believe God exists.

GOD is a title given to various supernatural beings. Yahweh for the Christian. Allah for the Muslim. Chukwu to the Igbos. and so forth.

Is God wicked? Oh yeah, the God of the Bible exhibits a brutish character, if we take the Bible to be His Word.

3 Likes

Re: What Exactly Do Atheists Believe In? by CAPSLOCKED: 7:45pm On Jul 06, 2016
yorme:
I have taken time to analyze statements of Atheists like Seun (NL owner), Ymodulus and I've noticed conflicts in their statements. Sometimes, their statements potray the fact that God does not exist and at other times, their statements potray God as wicked.

Now, i need clarifications. Which of these do you guys (Atheists) believe or stand for:

1. God does not exist.
2. God is wicked.
3. GOD IS A DRUNK FRAUDSTER cool

Awaiting your responses.

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Do Atheists Believe In? by donnffd(m): 7:50pm On Jul 06, 2016
yorme:

1. God does not exist.
2. God is wicked.

Awaiting your responses.

1. Voldemort does not exist
2. Voldemort is wicked

Where is the contradiction? undecided

(I tire for una o)

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Do Atheists Believe In? by Macelliot(m): 7:53pm On Jul 06, 2016
donnffd:

1. Voldemort does not exist
2. Voldemort is wicked

Where is the contradiction? undecided

(I tire for una o)
There's a difference. Unless, if you have a low IQ, in which you can comprehend things..
Re: What Exactly Do Atheists Believe In? by Seun(m): 7:57pm On Jul 06, 2016
Atheists do not believe that God exists, just as you do not believe that Superman exists. This is true of all atheists.

When we talk about God, we're talking about the God character in the Bible, or Quran, just as we might talk about the Superman in the movies.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Exactly Do Atheists Believe In? by donnffd(m): 7:58pm On Jul 06, 2016
Macelliot:

There's a difference. Unless, if you have a low IQ with which comprehend things..

Smh, common sense is really not common.

I ddnt say they are not different, i only said there is no contradiction.

A fictional character (a character that doesnt exist) is very wicked. e.g voldemort, god, the wicked stepmother,the big bad wolf

If you think there is something wrong with the above statement, then i dnt need to waste my time with you...

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Do Atheists Believe In? by Macelliot(m): 7:59pm On Jul 06, 2016
The concept of God doesn't exist is funny.. Maybe the word God is overused..

I think everyone should start calling the Creator in their own dialects..

I believe in Chukwu Okike Abiama.
Re: What Exactly Do Atheists Believe In? by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jul 06, 2016
donnffd:

Smh, common sense is really not common.

I ddnt say they are not different, i only said there is no contradiction.

A fiction character (a character that doesnt exist) is very wicked.

If you think there is something wrong with the above statement, then i dnt need to waste my time with you...

Based on your earlier response, there is obviously a huge difference. It would have made more sense if you made this new clarification earlier.
Re: What Exactly Do Atheists Believe In? by Macelliot(m): 8:03pm On Jul 06, 2016
Seun:
Atheists do not believe that God exists, just as you do not believe that Superman exists. This is true of all atheists.

When we talk about God, we're talking about the God character in the Bible, or Quran, just as we might talk about the Superman in the movies.
African spiritualist believes in God, not only Bible or Quran..
I believe in Chukwu Okike Abiama..
Re: What Exactly Do Atheists Believe In? by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jul 06, 2016
Macelliot:
The concept of God doesn't exist is funny.. Maybe the word God is overused..

I think everyone should start calling the Creator in their own dialects..

I believe in Chukwu Okike Abiama.

Describe him.
Re: What Exactly Do Atheists Believe In? by donnffd(m): 8:06pm On Jul 06, 2016
yorme:

Based on your earlier response, there is obviously a huge difference. It would have made more sense if you made this new clarification earlier.

They are obviously different, i dont deny that.

I was asking how they are contradictory
Re: What Exactly Do Atheists Believe In? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jul 06, 2016
Re: What Exactly Do Atheists Believe In? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jul 06, 2016
CAPSLOCKED:

So, the "drunk fraudster" obviously exists?
Re: What Exactly Do Atheists Believe In? by Macelliot(m): 8:09pm On Jul 06, 2016
yorme:

Describe him.
Not on the internet...
Come down to Enugu.. I will take you to my great-grand fathers shrine..
Re: What Exactly Do Atheists Believe In? by Seun(m): 8:10pm On Jul 06, 2016
Macelliot:

African spiritualist believes in God, not only Bible or Quran..
I believe in Chukwu Okike Abiama..
To generalize, when an atheist is talking about God, he/she is talking about the God his counterpart imagines to exist. That could be Chukwu.
Re: What Exactly Do Atheists Believe In? by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jul 06, 2016
Well op, There's a little misconception you having about atheists which you don't realize, I m gonna make it clear.

I'm proud atheist and atheist is the opposite of theists.

Who are theists?
Theists are believers then its only logical that Atheist/ Anti-teists are Unbelievers.

To further buttress more. I, as an atheist can't tell you God don't exist because, the science I deal with hasn't been able to prove OR disprove the existence of one so therefore, God is conjectural and psychedelic to science and in that light, we don't believe in no such thing as God.

Another thing is even if God exist, I for one can't share the same universe with God who want to be praised all the time, I mean all the time, that to me seems like a sadist God. To top it up off, God so much love me, that he created hell, Just in case I don't love him back.

5 Likes

Re: What Exactly Do Atheists Believe In? by Macelliot(m): 8:24pm On Jul 06, 2016
aaronson:
Well op, There's a little misconception you having about atheists which you don't realize, I m gonna make it clear.

I'm proud atheist and atheist is the opposite of theists.

Who are theists, Theists are believers then its only logical that Atheist/ Anti-teists are Unbelievers.

To further buttress more. I, as an atheist can't tell you God don't exist because, the science I deal with hasn't been able to prove OR disprove the existence of one so therefore, God is conjectural and psychedelic to science and in that light, we don't believe in no such thing as God.

Another thing is even if God exist, I for once can't share the same universe with God who want to be praised all the time, I mean all the time, that to me seems like a sadist God. To top it up off, God so much love me, that he created hell, Just in case I don't love him back then I would burn eternally in
You described God in Christian/muslim way.
Africa spirituality believes in God.
The most intelligent scientists that ever liveth, Albert Einstein is a Pan-theist.

He believe that, There is God, but not a personal one. That God does not belong to Christians, muslims, pagans, budhists e.t.c

God is universal, the beginner of all things and doesn't belong to relligion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Do Atheists Believe In? by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jul 06, 2016
Macelliot:

Be civil. I thought you are intelligent? Lol!

You aren't different from these atheists, if given leadership role; Stalin and Mao, the most wicked dictators in the history of mankind..

Lol! I'm no atheist. A theist, and a proud one at that. I only pick interest in understanding reasons behind different people's thought-patterns.

CAPSLOCKED made the ascertion that God is a "drunk fraudster", and i wanted him to clarify his statement. That's all.
Re: What Exactly Do Atheists Believe In? by STPEACE10: 8:32pm On Jul 06, 2016
Seun:

but sir do atheist believe that Satan exist? I mean do you believe that devil is in existence??

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Do Atheists Believe In? by winner01(m): 8:35pm On Jul 06, 2016
oP, I think you should ask 'em why anyone will spend so much time talking about something that does not exist.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Exactly Do Atheists Believe In? by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jul 06, 2016
winner01:
oP, I think you should ask 'em why anyone will spend so much time talking about something that does not exist.

Lol! Very interesting point! I'm sure they can help do justice to this also.

cc:
Seun
CAPSLOCKED
aaronson
donnffd

et al..
Re: What Exactly Do Atheists Believe In? by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jul 06, 2016
Macelliot:

You described God in Christian/muslim way.
Africa spirituality believes in God.
The most intelligent scientists that ever liveth, Albert Einstein is a Pan-theist.

He believe that, There is God, but not a personal one. That God does not belong to Christians, muslims, pagans, budhists e.t.c

God is universal, the beginner of all things and doesn't belong to relligion.
You also making a misconception sir, let me set you straight.

First, I know Albert Einstein like I know my name, I had spent about 3month straight just to study the life of Einstein, He wasn't the most intelligent physicist ever lived and when he was even asked, he said Nikola Tesla as being smarter than him even, what got Albert famous was his discovery of Theory of relativity/ Einstein time dilation & without his wife and Tesla he wouldn't have even gotten the theory right. That's number misconception.

2- Einstein was a pantheist and who is a pantheist?, A pantheist sees the universe as his God intead of the myopic ideal of a personal God which Einstein conceptualized as been irrational, that why he said, he has no personal God but the Universe is all he know, why was that?

Because of quantum mechanic, With quantum mechanics you can understand nature of the universe, The big bang theory and the possibility of a multiverse.

That's why Einstein said "Two things are infinite, the universe and s tupidy but I doubt the former".

Now to Religion

When I say, God I don't mean only the christian or Muslim God, Goddamn it! I mean everything, object, substance, diety, fetishes etc that can be consider god and be worshipped, No immunity to anyone be it Yahwey, Rastafari Jah, Jews God, Greek mythodology etc, they are all God/gods and to me, it's F uck all of them, *Dem Neva Baff*

Now, how I know you ignorant of Religion is when I saw Buddism as part of a God, WTF? Buddha Existed! Confusius Exist as a matter of fact let me lay a reality of you.

China is technically an atheists country but Tibet in china is the religious infested part where the buddhism and the likes is being believed, Buddha lived an iconic life which is worth emulating and not like you psychopath yahweh who would burn me in hell.

Wait a minute, I need to go write my will before your God will burn me in hell eternally in case I don't wake up tomorrow.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Do Atheists Believe In? by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jul 06, 2016
yorme:

Lol! Very interesting point! I'm sure they can help do justice to this also.

cc:
Seun
CAPSLOCKED
aaronson
donnffd

et al..
Its simple, Because children happens to outgrow spider man, Santa clause, but adults can't out grow God.

So this is where Atheists like me comes in to tell grown folks like you that God is just like spiderman which never really existed.

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Do Atheists Believe In? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:40pm On Jul 06, 2016
This was written by High Priest of atheism Richard Dawkins in 1995

The total amount of suffering per year in the natural world is beyond all decent contemplation. During the minute that it takes me to compose this sentence, thousands of animals are being eaten alive, many others are running for their lives, whimpering with fear, others are slowly being devoured from within by rasping parasites, thousands of all kinds are dying of starvation, thirst, and disease. It must be so. If there ever is a time of plenty, this very fact will automatically lead to an increase in the population until the natural state of starvation and misery is restored. In a universe of electrons and selfish genes, blind physical forces and genetic replication, some people are going to get hurt, other people are going to get lucky, and you won’t find any rhyme or reason in it, nor any justice. The universe that we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but pitiless indifference.

He also supports the killing of unborn babies - abortion . He does not give life and supports the killing of a developing life . Such wickedness !

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Do Atheists Believe In? by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jul 06, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:
This was written by High Priest of atheism Richard Dawkins in 1995

The total amount of suffering per year in the natural world is beyond all decent contemplation. During the minute that it takes me to compose this sentence, thousands of animals are being eaten alive, many others are running for their lives, whimpering with fear, others are slowly being devoured from within by rasping parasites, thousands of all kinds are dying of starvation, thirst, and disease. It must be so. If there ever is a time of plenty, this very fact will automatically lead to an increase in the population until the natural state of starvation and misery is restored. In a universe of electrons and selfish genes, blind physical forces and genetic replication, some people are going to get hurt, other people are going to get lucky, and you won’t find any rhyme or reason in it, nor any justice. The universe that we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but pitiless indifference.

He also supports the killing of unborn babies - abortion . He does not give life and supports the killing of a developing life . Such wickedness !

Your "Well Poisoning" Abilities are World Class!!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Prayer Warriors And Conquerors / See Photos Of The Fourth Biggest Church Building In The World : Deeper Life Bibl / OMG!! See This Pastor Post "That Got Nigerians Talking And Clapping"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.