Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,766 members, 7,820,678 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

Would You Marry Your Bf/gf If He Or She Had The Same Character As Your Mum/dad? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Marry Your Bf/gf If He Or She Had The Same Character As Your Mum/dad? (1847 Views)

If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? / Pictures You Can Relate To If Your Mum Is A Typical African Mum / Would You Marry A Man Like Your Dad? See Replies Girls Gave (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Marry Your Bf/gf If He Or She Had The Same Character As Your Mum/dad? by Aitee1: 9:19am On Jul 26, 2016
RadicallyBlunt:
Hmm. I love this topic. Wish lalasticlala would FP it cuz it will showcase what many ppl are going thru in dia homes and why they love one parent than the other or vice versa

In my own case I'm d only child of my parents and they're not 2gether. My dad left for anoda woman since I was a baby claiming that my mother's rigidity is unbearable. It is that unbearably rigid mother that raised me alone. There was no such thing as pampering, its d last thing u would see here. Flogging to bleeding point, going to bed hungry at night and hungry to sch d next day were part of the punishments that my childhood was full of, even though we had enough food at home. To play with my peers was a taboo. That's to mention a few

Men tried to approach but her heart is hardened and she's been single since then. My maternal uncle and aunts left us alone cuz of her wahala and I'm not too close my paternal ones. I have to relate with certain family friends and my dad without her knowledge just for peace sake.

Men means nothing to her and she even threaten them on little mistakes cuz she works with d force. Her work is anoda issue I don't like telling ppl abt cuz ppl generally think all 'only child' are mommy's pet but hers is different she doesn't spend or gives me much believing that she'll loose all her investment on me to my dad. Yet me on my own part don't want to be familiar with my dad's family for now cuz I don't trust my stepmum over my life since I'm d only one for my mum who doesn't even value me. To even have a battered ego from a masculine and domineering mother is another life topic on its own. Although now she fears my strong level of control and she respects me for that even tho we have our differences.

So my dear, praying to marry a wife with same character as my mum is d last thing I would never do. I love her but I can't go thru psycho-emotional hell again with a woman. All I want is a lively and tender lady to live happily and share my love with. Else I'll stay single in peace bcus I have serious antagonistic and attacking instinct against choleric women who think they're tough and feminist. I can kill dem if I'm chanced. They're best my friend than being my spouse

Hmmm...my bro from another mum long time. A moment I read this post I knew it you, I'm not happy with you stop telling the whole world about her meanness rather show her love, missing you!
Re: Would You Marry Your Bf/gf If He Or She Had The Same Character As Your Mum/dad? by pweeryambre: 10:32am On Jul 26, 2016
Aitee1:

Hmmm...my bro from another mum long time. A moment I read this post I knew it you, I'm not happy with you stop telling the whole world about her meanness rather show her love, missing you!
Nobody knows him or the mother here, so allow him if it makes him feel better to share his, because I have had similar experience and can very much relate. but I will not be sharing mine today so that I will not steal his thunder.
And "NO" I will not like to marry a man like my dad, it's better I don't even marry at all if that's all the type that comes to me.
And if I mistakenly marry his type and found out later, I will definitely divorce him in a heart bit without thinking twice.
Re: Would You Marry Your Bf/gf If He Or She Had The Same Character As Your Mum/dad? by olamitodotun14: 8:39am On Jul 27, 2016
pweeryambre:

Nobody knows him or the mother here, so allow him if it makes him feel better to share his, because I have had similar experience and can very much relate. but I will not be sharing mine today so that I will not steal his thunder.
And "NO" I will not like to marry a man like my dad, it's better I don't even marry at all if that's all the type that comes to me.
And if I mistakenly marry his type and found out later, I will definitely divorce him in a heart bit without thinking twice.
wow, you've not even used the word 'hate' but I sense it in your write up already. Perhaps everyone should know that no man or woman is perfect, your dad isn't perfect, so also your man to be won't be perfect... So It's always better to pick out the good qualities our father posses(he will surely have one, at least) den throw the bad ones into the bin. Best of luck sister.
Re: Would You Marry Your Bf/gf If He Or She Had The Same Character As Your Mum/dad? by Moisef(f): 11:13am On Jul 27, 2016
Hell NO!!! lipsrsealed Keep resting in the Lord Mom cry embarassed
Re: Would You Marry Your Bf/gf If He Or She Had The Same Character As Your Mum/dad? by southernbelle(f): 5:39pm On Jul 27, 2016
My dad was too rigid and strict and he was never really friendly, I want my kids to have a dad who will be like a teddy bear to them when they are babies, their lion when they are growing up... just like that; my dad was mostly the lion to us. I loved and will always love him for who he was, we all turned out so well and all that, but having a partner like him is what i wouldn't want.

(1) (2) (Reply)

She Slept With All The Boyfriends I Had So I Dated Her Brother / He Doesn't Want Her Anymore Because He Was Told She's The Cause Of His Problem / How Did You Find Your Partner?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.