Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,430 members, 7,846,789 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

Question For Atheists - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Question For Atheists (787 Views)

Questions For Atheists / What Christians Say When They Are Losing Arguments (For Atheists) / Question For Atheists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Question For Atheists by Nobody: 8:37am On Jul 07, 2016
I have a question for you guys

since you don't believe God Exists

then what about supernatural powers like that of the witches and wizard...Herbalists.
Re: Question For Atheists by foolinlove(f): 8:49am On Jul 07, 2016
Vicoch:

then what about supernatural powers like that of the witches and wizard...Herbalists.

Atheism believes God is held under the umbrella of the supernatural. Atheists have no belief in anything which claims supernatural power auch as God, Jesus, witches, wizards, vampires, ghosts etc.

Herbalists... different story. Herbal remedies have been used for centuries to varying degrees of success. Some have been scientifically proven to be medically effective.

For an atheist to "believe" or "have faith" is a stretch. Show it to them in a published paper and they will believe it.

Example: prayer/meditation has been proved medically advantageous. Lots of people pray and meditate lots of different Gods and ideals of God in different ways. To atheists, this doesn't prove all those Gods exist, just that prayer/meditation as an action can be useful.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Question For Atheists by Nobody: 9:09am On Jul 07, 2016
Cc:Seun

1 Like

Re: Question For Atheists by oglalasioux(m): 10:23am On Jul 07, 2016
Vicoch:

This is a very intelligent question;

Let's start by looking at the African traditional gods.

1. What are they?
2. Why do they act arbitrarily?
3. Why did they allow the white man conquer Africa?
4. Why has modernity not destroyed them?

You can see these questions can also fit with the christian and Islamic God because it has these questions to answer too.

Hence your question of the source of the supernatural powers attributed to gods which control witchcraft, native doctors and herbalists.

When I was twelve years old, I joined the masquerade cult of my village. Prior to that, the cults were shrouded in secrecy. We heard all sorts of tales about how masquerades were the spirits of our dead ancestors. The night masquerades were scarier because of their eerie sounds and music. I painted so many pictures of what they will look like. When I finally joined I was disappointed. The eerie sounds and music were cleverly made by human beings to deceive the uninitiated.
But these masquerades had powers. People take oaths and die instantly if they are guilty among other signs and wonders. Question is; why would something human beings cleverly created be that powerful? Answer; just like the case of the masquerades, the powers behind them are the works of men. It might also be true of Christianity and Islam. So what are these powers if a humanoid God (or Satan) is not sitting on a throne controlling them?

Before Isaac Newton, Michael Faraday and Albert Einstein brought mankind to the knowledge of the laws of gravity, electromagnetism and the nuclear forces, ancient peoples have already known them including black Africans and notably the Egyptians from whom Moses learnt his craft.

With these laws of nature you can do virtually anything with the universe.

a. We can dilate time, travel back and forth between times and be in more than one place at the same time. (quantum mechanics).

b. We can teleport objects to anywhere through the universe at the speed of light. (entanglement of subatomic particles).

c. Our brain connect to the universe through electromagnetic waves. This same electromagnetism photograph our existence and our thoughts and voices in 10 to power 500 (figure 10 followed by 500 zeros) every second. (string field theory)

d. Our thoughts, voices and photographs (cameras and voice recorders actually record these) travel through space at the speed of light, 670 million miles per hour. This makes it possible for some people with high brain frequency to tell you things about yourself in forms of prophecy. That is what our brains connect to when we dream. That's the power of telepathy. Note that thoughts and dreams can also be recorded.

e. Energy can transform into matter and matter into energy through Einstein's equation e=mc2. That's what the native doctors do when they mix their concoctions. The amount of energy you get depends on the matter. For atomic bombs you need uranium 235. For ETHERIC energy you need human blood or sperm or breast milk.

My point is; there's no God or gods anywhere controlling wizardry, witchcraft and the power of herbalists. Mankind is simply using the forces of the universe to make believe.

This is not saying that the universe is not as a result of a grand design. It surely is. But the powers and personality we attribute to God or gods are the works of men. Mankind have always hidden behind God or gods to use the forces of the universe, gravity, electromagnetism and the nuclear forces, to manipulate the universe. That's why the questions I asked above will continue to plague the world.

1 Like

Re: Question For Atheists by jayriginal: 1:24pm On Jul 07, 2016
foolinlove:

For an atheist to "believe" or "have faith" is a stretch. Show it to them in a published paper and they will believe it.

Peer reviewed paper, not just any published paper.

1 Like

Re: Question For Atheists by foolinlove(f): 1:35pm On Jul 07, 2016
jayriginal:

Peer reviewed paper, not just any published paper.

Peer reviewed paper in a respected journal. Not Christian Science Weekly lol

2 Likes

Re: Question For Atheists by foolinlove(f): 1:39pm On Jul 07, 2016
oglalasioux:

This is a very intelligent question;

Let's start by looking at the African traditional gods.

1. What are they?
2. Why do they act arbitrarily?
3. Why did they allow the white man conquer Africa?
4. Why has modernity not destroyed them?

You can see these questions can also fit with the christian and Islamic God because it has these questions to answer too.

Hence your question of the source of the supernatural powers attributed to gods which control witchcraft, native doctors and herbalists.

When I was twelve years old, I joined the masquerade cult of my village. Prior to that, the cults were shrouded in secrecy. We heard all sorts of tales about how masquerades were the spirits of our dead ancestors. The night masquerades were scarier because of their eerie sounds and music. I painted so many pictures of what they will look like. When I finally joined I was disappointed. The eerie sounds and music were cleverly made by human beings to deceive the uninitiated.
But these masquerades had powers. People take oaths and die instantly if they are guilty among other signs and wonders. Question is; why would something human beings cleverly created be that powerful? Answer; just like the case of the masquerades, the powers behind them are the works of men. It might also be true of Christianity and Islam. So what are these powers if a humanoid God (or Satan) is not sitting on a throne controlling them?

Before Isaac Newton, Michael Faraday and Albert Einstein brought mankind to the knowledge of the laws of gravity, electromagnetism and the nuclear forces, ancient peoples have already known them including black Africans and notably the Egyptians from whom Moses learnt his craft.

With these laws of nature you can do virtually anything with the universe.

a. We can dilate time, travel back and forth between times and be in more than one place at the same time. (quantum mechanics).

b. We can teleport objects to anywhere through the universe at the speed of light. (entanglement of subatomic particles).

c. Our brain connect to the universe through electromagnetic waves. This same electromagnetism photograph our existence and our thoughts and voices in 10 to power 500 (figure 10 followed by 500 zeros) every second. (string field theory)

d. Our thoughts, voices and photographs (cameras and voice recorders actually record these) travel through space at the speed of light, 670 million miles per hour. This makes it possible for some people with high brain frequency to tell you things about yourself in forms of prophecy. That is what our brains connect to when we dream. That's the power of telepathy. Note that thoughts and dreams can also be recorded.

e. Energy can transform into matter and matter into energy through Einstein's equation e=mc2. That's what the native doctors do when they mix their concoctions. The amount of energy you get depends on the matter. For atomic bombs you need uranium 235. For ETHERIC energy you need human blood or sperm or breast milk.

My point is; there's no God or gods anywhere controlling wizardry, witchcraft and the power of herbalists. Mankind is simply using the forces of the universe to make believe.

This is not saying that the universe is not as a result of a grand design. It surely is. But the powers and personality we attribute to God or gods are the works of men. Mankind have always hidden behind God or gods to use the forces of the universe, gravity, electromagnetism and the nuclear forces, to manipulate the universe. That's why the questions I asked above will continue to plague the world.

Interesting ideas... though I've never heard of a few of these things...

How can one record thoughts and dreams? Withput pencil and paper or voice recording device, that is.

Can you also please elaborate more on turning sperm and colostrum into etheric energy.

Can you provide some reputed sources that I can read? Thanks.
Re: Question For Atheists by jayriginal: 2:27pm On Jul 07, 2016
foolinlove:

Peer reviewed paper in a respected journal. Not Christian Science Weekly lol

Precisely!
Re: Question For Atheists by oglalasioux(m): 2:34pm On Jul 07, 2016
foolinlove:

Interesting ideas... though I've never heard of a few of these things...

How can one record thoughts and dreams? Withput pencil and paper or voice recording device, that is.

Can you also please elaborate more on turning sperm and colostrum into etheric energy.

Can you provide some reputed sources that I can read? Thanks.

The internet is full of information. You can read more about etheric energy from the internet notably about how vampires transfer energy through human blood. It'll also give you some insight into blood rituals.

As for recording dreams and thoughts download Professor Michio Kaku's book titled Future of the Mind. It's available free on PDF. There are several noted experiments carried out by the USA army and the CIA on the subject.
Re: Question For Atheists by foolinlove(f): 2:46pm On Jul 07, 2016
oglalasioux:

The internet is full of information. You can read more about etheric energy from the internet notably about how vampires transfer energy through human blood. It'll also give you some insight into blood rituals.

As for recording dreams and thoughts download Professor Michio Kaku's book titled Future of the Mind. It's available free on PDF. There are several noted experiments carried out by the USA army and the CIA on the subject.

Hmmm undecided
Re: Question For Atheists by Freiburger(m): 4:40pm On Jul 07, 2016
Vicoch:

My supernatural powers are my nostrils, breathing in that good ass prana. When you combine this with eating only plant based food, you can do anything. wink
In other words staying healthy.
Hope this helps you.

1 Like

Re: Question For Atheists by Oluwamuyeewa(m): 2:11pm On Jul 24, 2016
oglalasioux:

I really need to be your friend

Can I send you a direct message ?
Re: Question For Atheists by Oluwamuyeewa(m): 2:11pm On Jul 24, 2016
oglalasioux:

The book is 8$ cry
Re: Question For Atheists by winner01(m): 2:12pm On Jul 24, 2016
Re: Question For Atheists by finofaya: 2:54pm On Jul 24, 2016
What supernatural powers?
Re: Question For Atheists by oglalasioux(m): 3:17pm On Jul 24, 2016
Oluwamuyeewa:

The book is 8$ cry

Google: Future of the mind pdf. You'll see a site you'll download it free. I downloaded it for someone last week. I can send you the audio version if I have your whatsapp number.
Re: Question For Atheists by Oluwamuyeewa(m): 3:22pm On Jul 24, 2016
oglalasioux:

Google: Future of the mind pdf. You'll see a site you'll download it free. I downloaded it for someone last week. I can send you the audio version if I have your whatsapp number.

I just did that now sire,thanks
I've been reading all your Nl post for the past 1hour now,this is the best Sunday I've had in a while....

1 Like

Re: Question For Atheists by Oluwamuyeewa(m): 8:51pm On Aug 06, 2016
oglalasioux:

Here is my whatsapp

Re: Question For Atheists by Ranchhoddas: 8:58pm On Aug 06, 2016
oglalasioux:

Pseudo cum conspiracy scientist. Vampire ko, Originals ni...
Re: Question For Atheists by Ranchhoddas: 9:00pm On Aug 06, 2016
finofaya:
What supernatural powers?
Faith healing, prophecy and all manner of 'Jazz'. What sayeth ye?

(1) (Reply)

Is Seun Always Right? / How Much Did TB Joshua Give Nigeria’s Olympic Team? / D

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.