Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,284 members, 7,954,117 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:38 PM

The Truth About Atheists - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Truth About Atheists (4471 Views)

Hilarious But True Quotes About Atheists / 7 Misconceptions About Atheists / ----one Big Misconception Theists Have About Atheists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Truth About Atheists by honourhim: 9:36am On Jul 07, 2016
Those that will repent will do when the messages that will hit them to repentance comes . I do not think our duty is to argue the existence of God. Just keep preaching the word. Those that wont repent will not. No need for unneccessary arguement.
That's my own view.

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About Atheists by ichommy(m): 9:38am On Jul 07, 2016
Continue

4 Likes

Re: The Truth About Atheists by honourhim: 9:42am On Jul 07, 2016
ichommy:
Continue
What?
Re: The Truth About Atheists by ireneony(f): 10:02am On Jul 07, 2016
Atheists will say they don't believe in God and religion blah blah..
But technically atheist is a religion on it own.
What an irony grin

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About Atheists by BlackHummer(m): 10:13am On Jul 07, 2016
ireneony:
What an irony grin

Some Atheists honestly don't believe in God, spirituality etc. Since religion is tied to faith in something that cannot be proven or illustrated with empirical evidence, your premise that atheism is a religion on its own is flawed. I was somewhat of an atheist until God found me again.

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About Atheists by Nobody: 10:19am On Jul 07, 2016
ireneony:

What an irony grin
You're the ireneony. grin tongue

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth About Atheists by Nobody: 10:35am On Jul 07, 2016
The title of this thread is demonstrating a serious form of intellectual deficiency.

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Atheists by honourhim: 11:18am On Jul 07, 2016
Tufanja:
The title of this thread is demonstrating a serious form of intellectual deficiency.

Continue to wail over the title. Meanwhile i ve passed the message i want to pass.

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About Atheists by Nobody: 11:34am On Jul 07, 2016
ireneony:
What an irony grin

How is atheism a religious group?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth About Atheists by Busayorafael(m): 11:40am On Jul 07, 2016
BlackHummer:

Some Atheists honestly don't believe in God, spirituality etc. Since religion is tied to faith in something that cannot be proven or illustrated with empirical evidence, your premise that atheism is a religion on its own is flawed. I was somewhat of an atheist until God found me again.

Interesting. How did he find you?
Re: The Truth About Atheists by BlackHummer(m): 12:49pm On Jul 07, 2016
Busayorafael:

Interesting. How did he find you?
Would you believe me if I told you?

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Atheists by donnffd(m): 1:48pm On Jul 07, 2016
ireneony:
What an irony grin

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Truth About Atheists by donnffd(m): 1:51pm On Jul 07, 2016
The number of threads about atheism nowadays eh is becoming alarming...

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Atheists by johnydon22(m): 3:45pm On Jul 07, 2016
Another thread about atheists ... grin keeps growing!!!

5 Likes

Re: The Truth About Atheists by johnydon22(m): 3:48pm On Jul 07, 2016
donnffd:

If nobody talks about you then you are nobody... the constant mention of atheists/atheism shows the growing effects of atheism on this board, some are bothered and threatened by it so wage war against it while others are just curious.

Even my name has become a constant topic of discussion among theists these days, i get up to 20 - 30 mentions when ever i log in, half of them are unnecessary mentions from people using my name as their topic of discussion.

grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Truth About Atheists by Busayorafael(m): 4:16pm On Jul 07, 2016
BlackHummer:

Would you believe me if I told you?
If you're honest, I'll.
Re: The Truth About Atheists by BlackHummer(m): 4:22pm On Jul 07, 2016
Busayorafael:

If you're honest, I'll.

Since you don't believe in the divine, what instrument would you use to determine whether I am honest or not? Hunches?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Truth About Atheists by honourhim: 4:23pm On Jul 07, 2016
johnydon22:

If nobody talks about you then you are nobody... the constant mention of atheists/atheism shows the growing effects of atheism on this board, some are bothered and threatened by it so wage war against it while others are just curious.

Even my name has become a constant topic of discussion among theists these days, i get up to 20 - 30 mentions when ever i log in, half of them are unnecessary mentions from people using my name as their topic of discussion.

grin

This thread is simply to caution fellow christians to focus on preaching the word more than arguing too much with atheists.
I'm not afraid of the influence of atheism because its not strange. Its in the bible and i ve given some deeper meditation to some parts of the scriptures and discovered that it's not by our too much talk or arguement.
If you will repent you will repent but if not, you die an atheist and end up in hell.

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About Atheists by Busayorafael(m): 4:27pm On Jul 07, 2016
BlackHummer:

Since you don't believe in the divine, what instrument would you use to determine whether I am honest or not? Hunches?
I haven't professed my belief yet. Don't be presumptive.
Now, tell me, how did he find you?
Re: The Truth About Atheists by Ranchhoddas: 4:55pm On Jul 07, 2016
ireneony:
What an irony grin
Is abstinence a sexual position?

3 Likes

Re: The Truth About Atheists by Ranchhoddas: 4:58pm On Jul 07, 2016
donnffd:
They are having panic attacks.

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About Atheists by donnffd(m): 5:04pm On Jul 07, 2016
johnydon22:

grin

Yea, i agree

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Atheists by honourhim: 6:34pm On Jul 07, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
They are having panic attacks.
Nope. You people came to a religion forum when you claim you are not a religionist. You started asking us questions which we have been giving answers. Now we ask questions to you or make comments based on our findings about you and you scream blue murder. So what do u people want? For us to keep quiet while only you talk?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth About Atheists by Ranchhoddas: 6:39pm On Jul 07, 2016
honourhim:

Nope. You people came to a religion forum when you claim you are not a religionist. You started asking us questions which we have been giving answers. Now we ask questions to you or make comments based on our findings about you and you scream blue murder. So what do u people want? For us to keep quiet while only you talk?
Which answers?

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Atheists by Ranchhoddas: 6:41pm On Jul 07, 2016
honourhim:

Re: The Truth About Atheists by honourhim: 6:44pm On Jul 07, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Which answers?

Many threads have been opened here where lots of questions have been asked and answers provided to you guys. That you disagree with an answer giving to a question doesn't make the answer incorrect or false.

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Atheists by UyiIredia(m): 6:45pm On Jul 07, 2016
honourhim:
Those that will repent will do when the messages that will hit them to repentance comes . I do not think our duty is to argue the existence of God. Just keep preaching the word. Those that wont repent will not. No need for unneccessary arguement.
That's my own view.

It is admittedly rare but argument sometimes changes people's minds. It changed the mind of a notorious atheist in the UK, Anthony Flew.
Re: The Truth About Atheists by Ranchhoddas: 7:01pm On Jul 07, 2016
honourhim:

Many threads have been opened here where lots of questions have been asked and answers provided to you guys. That you disagree with an answer giving to a question doesn't make the answer incorrect or false.
This is like saying 'Islam is a religion of peace.That you disagree with it does not make it incorrect or false' How does that sound to you?
Re: The Truth About Atheists by SenatePresdo(m): 7:58pm On Jul 07, 2016
Each time I see an atheist, I laugh at the devil.
But the most shameful aspect of it is that most atheists, especially the ones here on Nairaland became atheist by relying on another fellow's blind logics.

They don't want to be having the mind-set of when they sin, judgment awaits them.

The Devil is wiser than most mankind, let him continue deceiving the ones he can.

End time is Here brethrens, fasten your seat belts, the ride is not going to be smooth.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Truth About Atheists by SenatePresdo(m): 8:04pm On Jul 07, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
This is like saying 'Islam is a religion of peace.That you disagree with it does not make it incorrect or false' How does that sound to you?

Everybody is peaceful and at the same violent, it depends on the one you choose to be exhibiting the most, be it
peace/violence.

For that reason, islam can be a religion of peace, provided that most muslims are not terrorists.
Re: The Truth About Atheists by sweetyme001(f): 8:17pm On Jul 07, 2016
Thousands years later books about Harry Potter will be called AN HOLY BOOK, people will believe he was real and kill anyone who disagrees..

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Truth About Atheists by johnydon22(m): 8:18pm On Jul 07, 2016
honourhim:

This thread is simply to caution fellow christians to focus on preaching the word more than arguing too much with atheists.
I'm not afraid of the influence of atheism because its not strange. Its in the bible and i ve given some deeper meditation to some parts of the scriptures and discovered that it's not by our too much talk or arguement.
If you will repent you will repent but if not, you die an atheist and end up in hell.

It is amazing that you don't find the whole idea of a God who says "believe i exist, i'll reward you, if you don't i will burn you forever" repulsive.

Isn't such show of chronic egoism and unparalleled childishness something you'd expect a supposedly all powerful creator of the cosmos to be way above?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can You Explain How Writing The Bible Came About? / What Actually Happened Before Genesis Chapter 1??? / "

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.