Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,268 members, 7,954,044 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:22 AM

The Truth About Atheists - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Truth About Atheists (4470 Views)

Hilarious But True Quotes About Atheists / 7 Misconceptions About Atheists / ----one Big Misconception Theists Have About Atheists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Truth About Atheists by honourhim: 8:28pm On Jul 07, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
This is like saying 'Islam is a religion of peace.That you disagree with it does not make it incorrect or false' How does that sound to you?
If the tenets guiding islam is that of peace then its peaceful.
That a few people are making it look violent doesn't mean it is not peaceful.

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Atheists by freethinker01: 8:41pm On Jul 07, 2016
sonOfLucifer:
You're the ireneony. grin tongue
my tought also.smiley
Re: The Truth About Atheists by honourhim: 8:42pm On Jul 07, 2016
johnydon22:

It is amazing that you don't find the whole idea of a God who says "believe i exist, i'll reward you, if you don't i will burn you forever" repulsive.

Isn't such show of chronic egoism and unparalleled childishness something you'd expect a supposedly all powerful creator of the cosmos to be way above?

Who gave u the standard of measurement that will determine whether God should be God or not? Where in the bible is it written that why God is God is because he does what pleases everybody?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth About Atheists by johnydon22(m): 8:54pm On Jul 07, 2016
honourhim:

Who gave u the standard of measurement that will determine whether God should be God or not? Where in the bible is it written that why God is God is because he does what pleases everybody?

Nope it's not about what pleases everybody, it's about contradiction of characteristics.

Just like telling this is "All white" and then go ahead and show me black patches all over and still maintain it's "all white"

that is a contradiction such a thing cannot exist, something all white cannot have black patches if it does it's no longer all white.

So too is the relationship of the characteristics of the biblical deity as laid out by you lot and the roles it is being showed to play.

it's characteristics as you guys peddle speak something while it's behaviours as seen everywhere in the bible or the christian doctrine speaks the complete opposite.

The whole idea of HELL is variance with notion of an all good and all loving deity

the whole notion of conformity to escape punishment is variance with the idea of unconditional love and goodness.

The whole notion of universality contradicts the idea of tribal inclination and favouritism towards one group of people.

the whole idea of a perfect God makes the enthusiastic piety and belief irrelavant.

I could go on forever to show you how the characteristic of God as laid out in the christian or biblical terminology contradicts and annihilates it's behaviours in the doctrines of christianity and also the bible..

such character contradictions is paradoxical therefore such a thing cannot be said to exist like the paradox of all white with black patches.

A God with hell cannot be all loving or all good, if you still maintain it is then it is a paradox and it cannot exist.

So goes for all other character variances..

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Truth About Atheists by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jul 07, 2016
honourhim:

This thread is simply to caution fellow christians to focus on preaching the word more than arguing too much with atheists.
I'm not afraid of the influence of atheism because its not strange. Its in the bible and i ve given some deeper meditation to some parts of the scriptures and discovered that it's not by our too much talk or arguement.
If you will repent you will repent but if not, you die an atheist and end up in hell.
why?
Re: The Truth About Atheists by honourhim: 10:14pm On Jul 07, 2016
johnydon22:

Nope it's not about what pleases everybody, it's about contradiction of characteristics.

Just like telling this is "All white" and then go ahead and show me black patches all over and still maintain it's "all white"

that is a contradiction such a thing cannot exist, something all white cannot have black patches if it does it's no longer all white.

So too is the relationship of the characteristics of the biblical deity as laid out by you lot and the roles it is being showed to play.

it's characteristics as you guys peddle speak something while it's behaviours as seen everywhere in the bible or the christian doctrine speaks the complete opposite.

The whole idea of HELL is variance with notion of an all good and all loving deity

the whole notion of conformity to escape punishment is variance with the idea of unconditional love and goodness.

The whole notion of universality contradicts the idea of tribal inclination and favouritism towards one group of people.

the whole idea of a perfect God makes the enthusiastic piety and belief irrelavant.

I could go on forever to show you how the characteristic of God as laid out in the christian or biblical terminology contradicts and annihilates it's behaviours in the doctrines of christianity and also the bible..

such character contradictions is paradoxical therefore such a thing cannot be said to exist like the paradox of all white with black patches.

A God with hell cannot be all loving or all good, if you still maintain it is then it is a paradox and it cannot exist.

So goes for all other character variances..

Kindly show me in the bible where God is said to be all good and all loving. You are still telling me what preachers are saying about him.

And if you cant show me then what makes you think that the characteristics of God should be all - good and all - loving?

Are you the one to impose on God what he should be so that if he is not, then he isn't God?

Have you not seen in the bible where it is said that God creates evil and good?

Have you not seen in the bible where it is written that God said Jacob have i loved and Esau have i hated? So what is it about all loving and all good?

5 Likes

Re: The Truth About Atheists by honourhim: 10:23pm On Jul 07, 2016
UyiIredia:

It is admittedly rare but argument sometimes changes people's minds. It changed the mind of a notorious atheist in the UK, Anthony Flew.

Well you have a point there. What it means is that Anthony Flew was meant to be hit by that argument in other to have a change of stand. God can bring us back thru any means that can do the work better because he knows us best. Thanks bro.

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Atheists by cloudgoddess(f): 1:42am On Jul 08, 2016
SenatePresdo:
Each time I see an atheist, I laugh at the devil.
But the most shameful aspect of it is that most atheists, especially the ones here on Nairaland became atheist by relying on another fellow's blind logics.

They don't want to be having the mind-set of when they sin, judgment awaits them.

The Devil is wiser than most mankind, let him continue deceiving the ones he can.

End time is Here brethrens, fasten your seat belts, the ride is not going to be smooth.
Judgment doesn't await sinners in Christianity lol. A Christian can perform any sin he wants as long as he prays to Jesus after. I saw it all the time as a Christian and I still see it all the time.

Christianity has nothing to do with morality. It's a get out of jail free card for people who are sufficiently gullible to take the bible -- with all it's inconsistencies, contradictions, shady history, science blunders and logical fallacies -- as true.

5 Likes

Re: The Truth About Atheists by honourhim: 6:09am On Jul 08, 2016
cloudgoddess:

Judgment doesn't await sinners in Christianity lol. A Christian can perform any sin he wants as long as he prays to Jesus after. I saw it all the time as a Christian and I still see it all the time.

Christianity has nothing to do with morality. It's a get out of jail free card for people who are sufficiently gullible to take the bible -- with all it's inconsistencies, contradictions, shady history, science blunders and logical fallacies -- as true.

Now you are saying there is no judgment in christianity. The next minute you will be angry that God said that sinners will be punished at last in hell fire.
Do u even have a stand?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth About Atheists by honourhim: 7:20am On Jul 08, 2016
Teempakguy:
why?

Why not?
Re: The Truth About Atheists by BlackHummer(m): 1:41pm On Jul 08, 2016
Busayorafael:

I haven't professed my belief yet. Don't be presumptive.
Now, tell me, how did he find you?

God found me using 3 different mediums:
1. The agency of spiritual songs: this could hardly be explained. It is better experienced. Those who have experienced God from the impulse of deep spiritual songs will understand this.
2. Undying conviction: at some point, I asked deep questions about the origin of the universe, why bad things happen to good people etc. These questions were honest and sincere. My fellow christian friends didn't help matters; they postulated that I wasn't initially genuinely saved, that's why I asked such 'blasphemous' questions. I struggled with believing God but then there was this undying conviction about the existence of God. As a result, I pulsated between agnostism, pantheism and atheism. Then number 3 came to the rescue.
3. Jehovah Jireh: While I was in my dark state of disbelieve, I had this inner witness that God was pruning my motives and desire for him. But I thought they were just residual christian ideologies persisting in my thoughts. It was layed in my heart that God was with me even though I thought my pursuit of God was nothing but a wild goose chase. One day, I was somewhere in lagos and short of transport. Then my spirit became 'alive' and I became so conscious of a presence I can't explain. I became so convinced that somehow, I would find my way home. When I finished the business of the day (around 8pm), I stepped out of the building where I worked and for no reason, a car stopped and the partially drunk guy driving said with a smile said, "you look like my guy" come in let me give u a lift. Since we were going different directions, he dropped me at a bus stop and went his way. While I was still deliberating whether or not it was all coincidence, a taxi driver stopped within 5mins after I was dropped at the bus stop, and gave me another lift. He dropped me at a spot where I got a bus going my way and the amount I had on me was exactly sufficient. This did not happen once. One time, I and a friend had transportation that was just sufficient for one person. A taxi driver stopped and offered to pick both of us with the exact amount we had with us, which was just enough for one, even without us telling him what we had initially. Finally, at least 3 different men of God have told me my purpose in life. I would be very foolish to call all these coincidences. God proved to me that He is Lord and He can neither be compelled nor tested. He clearly showed me that He keeps watch over me and will always provide for me. He revealed himself to me as Jehovah- Jireh

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth About Atheists by honourhim: 2:10pm On Jul 08, 2016
BlackHummer:

God found me using 3 different mediums:
1. The agency of spiritual songs: this could hardly be explained. It is better experienced. Those who have experienced God from the impulse of deep spiritual songs will understand this.
2. Undying conviction: at some point, I asked deep questions about the origin of the universe, why bad things happen to good people etc. These questions were honest and sincere. My fellow christian friends didn't help matters; they postulated that I wasn't initially genuinely saved, that's why I asked such 'blasphemous' questions. I struggled with believing God but then there was this undying conviction about the existence of God. As a result, I pulsated between agnostism, pantheism and atheism. Then number 3 came to the rescue.
3. Jehovah Jireh: While I was in my dark state of disbelieve, I had this inner witness that God was pruning my motives and desire for him. But I thought they were just residual christian ideologies persisting in my thoughts. It was layed in my heart that God was with me even though I thought my pursuit of God was nothing but a wild goose chase. One day, I was somewhere in lagos and short of transport. Then my spirit became 'alive' and I became so conscious of a presence I can't explain. I became so convinced that somehow, I would find my way home. When I finished the business of the day (around 8pm), I stepped out of the building where I worked and for no reason, a car stopped and the partially drunk guy driving said with a smile said, "you look like my guy" come in let me give u a lift. Since we were going different directions, he dropped me at a bus stop and went his way. While I was still deliberating whether or not it was all coincidence, a taxi driver stopped within 5mins after I was dropped at the bus stop, and gave me another lift. He dropped me at a spot where I got a bus going my way and the amount I had on me was exactly sufficient. This did not happen once. One time, I and a friend had transportation that was just sufficient for one person. A taxi driver stopped and offered to pick both of us with the exact amount we had with us, which was just enough for one, even without us telling him what we had initially. Finally, at least 3 different men of God have told me my purpose in life. I would be very foolish to call all these coincidences. God proved to me that He is Lord and He can neither be compelled nor tested. He clearly showed me that He keeps watch over me and will always provide for me. He revealed himself to me as Jehovah- Jireh

Good testimony.

They have disappeared. That's their style, once you put up something that punctures their belief they run away and go looking for another thread they can attack.
They are deceiving themselves.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth About Atheists by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jul 08, 2016
sweetyme001:
Thousands years later books about Harry Potter will be called AN HOLY BOOK, people will believe he was real and kill anyone who disagrees..

Sounds illogical.

3 Likes

Re: The Truth About Atheists by 01Mysticdon(m): 2:43pm On Jul 08, 2016
ireneony:
Atheists will say they don't believe in God and religion blah blah..
But technically atheist is a religion on it own.
What an irony grin
please define religion

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Atheists by ValentineMary(m): 3:45pm On Jul 08, 2016
honourhim:

Why not?
You are just angry at atheist because they don't believe what u believe. That's utter foolishness.

I can't be angry at someone for believing what he believes but I have heard several theist say they HATE atheist. That is folly.

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About Atheists by honourhim: 4:05pm On Jul 08, 2016
ValentineMary:

You are just angry at atheist because they don't believe what u believe. That's utter foolishness.

I can't be angry at someone for believing what he believes but I have heard several theist say they HATE atheist. That is folly.
I am not angry with them. Telling them the consequences of their belief does not amount to being angry with them.
Learn to differenciate between anger and being frank. What will i gain from being angry with them? Nothing.

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About Atheists by ValentineMary(m): 4:18pm On Jul 08, 2016
honourhim:
I am not angry with them. Telling them the consequences of their belief does not amount to being angry with them.
Learn to differenciate between anger and being frank. What will i gain from being angry with them? Nothing.
In case u did not notice, ur previous statement potrayed anger and hate. The summary of what u said is "Why would they not burn in hell".

So u believe they should burn in hell for not believing a jew died for them, for not believing bats are birds as stated in Deutronomy, for not believing a virgin gave birth, for not believing a guy turned his stick to a snake, is that enough reason for punishing them forever? what if their moral lives is better than xtians should they still burn in hell?

What is so special about beliefs?

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About Atheists by otemanuduno: 4:44pm On Jul 08, 2016
BlackHummer:

Some Atheists honestly don't believe in God, spirituality etc. Since religion is tied to faith in something that cannot be proven or illustrated with empirical evidence, your premise that atheism is a religion on its own is flawed. I was somewhat of an atheist until God found me again.
your emotion found you, not God.
All religions are inspired by the gods. God who created the universe with a Big Bang does not operate through religion. His powers are inherent in nature and he does not even approve of the idea of religion because it limits the use of the brain.
Reverad the father of Jehovah, Odin and all known gods do not approve of religion but the use of our brains. He doesn't judge anyone after death as well. He only broadens your vision to see all your mistakes while on earth, and religious mistake is one of the mistakes we have all made. THE WAY OF THE SCIENTISTS IS THE WAY OF OUR GOD. religion is just a short-circuit based on false hood.

I AM OTEM, SENT BY EARTUM THE BROTHER OF JEHOVAH TO REVEAL ALL THE HIDDEN TRUTH FROM THE TIME OF THE BIG BANG TILL DATE.
Re: The Truth About Atheists by honourhim: 5:51pm On Jul 08, 2016
ValentineMary:

In case u did not notice, ur previous statement potrayed anger and hate. The summary of what u said is "Why would they not burn in hell".

So u believe they should burn in hell for not believing a jew died for them, for not believing bats are birds as stated in Deutronomy, for not believing a virgin gave birth, for not believing a guy turned his stick to a snake, is that enough reason for punishing them forever? what if their moral lives is better than xtians should they still burn in hell?

What is so special about beliefs?

And since you were not there when the biblical events happened then you have no grounds to say it never happened.
I still make my point that those who are not on God's side will be punished in hell fire forever. I am not forcing anybody to believe and i cannot stop saying it because you don't believe in it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth About Atheists by honourhim: 5:53pm On Jul 08, 2016
otemanuduno:

your emotion found you, not God.
All religions are inspired by the gods. God who created the universe with a Big Bang does not operate through religion. His powers are inherent in nature and he does not even approve of the idea of religion because it limits the use of the brain.
Reverad the father of Jehovah, Odin and all known gods do not approve of religion but the use of our brains. He doesn't judge anyone after death as well. He only broadens your vision to see all your mistakes while on earth, and religious mistake is one of the mistakes we have all made. THE WAY OF THE SCIENTISTS IS THE WAY OF OUR GOD. religion is just a short-circuit based on false hood.

I AM OTEM, SENT BY EARTUM THE BROTHER OF JEHOVAH TO REVEAL ALL THE HIDDEN TRUTH FROM THE TIME OF THE BIG BANG TILL DATE.

Cheap liar seeking for undue relevance. You have failed.

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Atheists by otemanuduno: 6:52pm On Jul 08, 2016
honourhim:

Cheap liar seeking for undue relevance. You have failed.

In two years time, you shall hear about me again and be surprised. I am a messenger of Eartum sent to turn around the line of reasoning of people away from religion to brain-using.
Re: The Truth About Atheists by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jul 08, 2016
Why will I go to hell for being an Atheist I honestly don't understand.
Re: The Truth About Atheists by Vivly(f): 7:50pm On Jul 08, 2016
sweetyme001:
Thousands years later books about
Harry Potter will be called
AN HOLY BOOK, people will
believe he was real and kill
anyone who disagrees..
Too late. My Siblings and I already believe Harry Potter and the wizarding universe are real.
Re: The Truth About Atheists by Millex(m): 8:04pm On Jul 08, 2016
Hell wasn't created for man, Hell was created for the devil and his fellow cohorts. Man was created to live a life that Glorified God. Man was deceived by the devil and fell from grace. Since if you are not for God you are against him, there's no inbetween, not being for God, makes one for the devil. Since then God had sent prophets after prophet, till He send his Begotten Son Jesus, to come as Abrahams seed(man). He lived the life of man, faced temptations, died and set the path for us to get back to God.

Accept Jesus today, be saved, live the life God created man for. A life to Glorify God, if only we can be truly saved, washed clean, not just surface like it is these day. Recieve Jesus today, he took up all our sins, he died for us, He opened the life Gate for us.

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Atheists by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jul 08, 2016
honourhim:

Why not?
That's a sociopathic question.

compare

sociopath: He looked at me funny. I'm going to kill him

X: Why?

sociopath: Why not?

sociopath: I raped her over and over again.

X: Why ?

sociopath: I will burn my enemies and eat their flesh with mayonnaise

I believe I've made myself clear on the matter.

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Atheists by honourhim: 9:14pm On Jul 08, 2016
SirWere:
Why will I go to hell for being an Atheist I honestly don't understand.

Because you never created your self.
The world you came into is not yours.
The one who created you gave you two options to choose from - either to be on his side and follow him and make heaven or you reject him and get the hell fire punishment.
Whether you reject him by being an atheist or under any order guise, all amounts to rejecting him and attracts same punishment.

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Atheists by honourhim: 9:26pm On Jul 08, 2016
Teempakguy:
That's a sociopathic question.

compare

sociopath: He looked at me funny. I'm going to kill him

sociopath: I raped her over and over again.

X: Why ?

sociopath: I will burn my enemies and eat their flesh with mayonnaise

I believe I've made myself clear on the matter.

Why do you people choose to read only what you think you can find a loophole in? We ve gone beyond this stage in the discussion.
Read the other posts both of us exchanged where the "why" and "why not " have been presented.

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Atheists by Alezy(m): 10:10pm On Jul 08, 2016
sweetyme001:
Thousands years later books about Harry Potter will be called AN HOLY BOOK, people will believe he was real and kill anyone who disagrees..
very useless thing to think.

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About Atheists by ZUBY77(m): 8:27am On Jul 09, 2016
sweetyme001:
Thousands years later books about
Harry Potter will be called
AN HOLY BOOK, people will
believe he was real and kill
anyone who disagrees..

Unfortunately for Harry Porter, Those who defend the Bible won't allow that to happen.
They already succeeded in Drowning a lot of stories that could have challenged them.
The ones standing are just Koran and Science.
Others cant fight anymore.
Re: The Truth About Atheists by ZUBY77(m): 8:29am On Jul 09, 2016
BlackHummer:

Some Atheists honestly don't believe in God, spirituality etc. Since religion is tied to faith in something that cannot be proven or illustrated with empirical evidence, your premise that atheism is a religion on its own is flawed. I was somewhat of an atheist until God found me again.

You mean you disappeared from the omnipotent before?

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Atheists by BlackHummer(m): 9:16am On Jul 09, 2016
ZUBY77:

You mean you disappeared from the omnipotent before?
Yap
Re: The Truth About Atheists by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jul 09, 2016
honourhim:

Because you never created your self.
The world you came into is not yours.
The one who created you gave you two options to choose from - either to be on his side and follow him and make heaven or you reject him and get the hell fire punishment.
Whether you reject him by being an atheist or under any order guise, all amounts to rejecting him and attracts same punishment.

Bro, listen to yourself.

Each religion claims that each God is the one true one, and that one must serve him in their own particular way.....

Surely, the Omnipotent one would actually not care if we believe him or not.

In fact, I think he would be more pleased if we follow intrisnic moral rule that allow us to live with each other in peace and harmony......

Infact, we might be ahead of each other here by thinking he actually wants to interfere in our business.

Maybe he just created us and wants to see how we will survive in this grand intrinsic experiment of his.........

Hell, what're we saying?

Maybe he will commend atheists for surviving without believing in his existence....

grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Who Is The Woman Clothed With The Sun, With The Moon Under Her Feet? (Rev 12) / A Big Disgrace To Religious Nigerians / Can You Explain How Writing The Bible Came About?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.