Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,987 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

Nigeria Has Finished Me: Lessons Learnt - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Has Finished Me: Lessons Learnt (2741 Views)

My Incarceration, Failed Presidential Bids Taught Me Lessons –buhari / Nigeia Has Finished Me Rejoinder / Nigeria has finished me!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Has Finished Me: Lessons Learnt by Peezzy(f): 9:55am On Jul 09, 2016
Sebi na pesin wey something dey hin belle dey call for revolution, the poverty rate here won't allow this. I think it can only work if some group of people can mobilize the youths nationwide to join in the revolutionary fight and promise them a little amount of money like a contract agreement but then where is the money to fund such fight? Those who have that kind of money obviously do not care about the masses or they are busy securing the future of their great grand children. Do we still have hope in this country at all? Peoples mindset has been changed drastically, it all started in 1956, bad leadership led us here. Can there ever be a leader who will ignite this revolution? How worse will things be in 10years time? The best I can think of is to hustle whatever one can and Bleep out of this hell we call Nigeria, e go ever better so?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has Finished Me: Lessons Learnt by tomquest: 3:52am On Jul 10, 2016
cocoduck:
stop lying please, I don't live in Nigeria and I don't dream of going back to that hell hole. here there is constant electricity and pipe borne water and cheap food, rent is cheap and it is per month not years as it is in Nigeria so if you went to Somalia, that is not everywhere. Even Cotonou is better than your abuja so bitch please don't make me pee with laughter.

Guy stop sounding rude. I've lived a good part of my life in Canada and I've also spent vacations in USA, so don't talk as if you know it all. Understand when someone makes a simple point that PROBLEMS WONT SOLVE THEMSELVES, AND THE SOLUTION IS NOT ALWAYS TO RUN AWAY FROM NIGERIA. I was working 9-5 in the West then, but today I've workers on my payroll in Nigeria.

You Mister Nigeria-is-a-hell-hole, have you ever asked yourself what are all the white expatriates/workers doing in Nigeria? Hell-hole right?

Olamide said:

"Better to be a lion in the jungle than to be a dog in the city"...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Has Finished Me: Lessons Learnt by tomquest: 4:08am On Jul 10, 2016
Peezzy:
Sebi na pesin wey something dey hin belle dey call for revolution, the poverty rate here won't allow this. I think it can only work if some group of people can mobilize the youths nationwide to join in the revolutionary fight and promise them a little amount of money like a contract agreement but then where is the money to fund such fight? Those who have that kind of money obviously do not care about the masses or they are busy securing the future of their great grand children. Do we still have hope in this country at all? Peoples mindset has been changed drastically, it all started in 1956, bad leadership led us here. Can there ever be a leader who will ignite this revolution? How worse will things be in 10years time? The best I can think of is to hustle whatever one can and Bleep out of this hell we call Nigeria, e go ever better so?
I sometimes laugh when I hear some people call for revolution. It simply shows that there can never be any revolution. It's like living in a dirty house with 9 other nonchalant people and then expecting that one day SOMEONE would tidy up the whole place. But in reality SOMEONE doesn't exist. No body bears that name. Nobody wants to bell the cat.

Everybody wakes up in the morning hoping that SOMEONE would revolt. We've lived with that pseudo hope since 1960. This is 2016 and we are still expecting that heroic SOMEONE to revolt. In Egypt, a guy set himself ablaze and that was how the whole country shook in it's foundations. But here in Naira, give a hungry man 5k and we buy more time for looters and polithiefcians.

Like you aptly said,the mentality of our youths is pretty much messed up. The way out is to first work on our collective psyche, a kind of fine tuning. You can only expect germination in a well fertilized soil. Not on rocks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Has Finished Me: Lessons Learnt by tomquest: 4:27am On Jul 10, 2016
TheNonce:
grin

The original thread try!

Wella.
Re: Nigeria Has Finished Me: Lessons Learnt by Slymonster(m): 7:29am On Jul 10, 2016
that page was going great,I was waiting to see critical ideas and solutions(Out of the box thinking) of what to do but it was bought by money.Those who gave money did there best but that doesn't end the solution.It just shows how politicians can easily buy our youths for elections and leave till they next four years and still do the same thing while we remain in the same position and don't grow

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has Finished Me: Lessons Learnt by Ugosample(m): 11:24am On Jul 10, 2016
Mathemagician1:
On the contrary. What I saw on that thread was a proof of Nigerians narrow mindedness with a crave for quick fix. It was a clear indication that Nigerians are OK with the crumbs they get from the politicians and it shows just how the politicians exploit the people by keeping them in abject poverty and giving them crumbs from time to time whenever they cry for a revolution.

The Op spoke deeply about the insensitivity of the Government to the plight of the people. Kind of like a revolutionary call that normally would ignite fierce anger in our mind. But Nigerians being Nigerians hijacked the thread and turned it into a jamboree. Nothing is taken seriously in this country.

Out of the blue someone offered to donate N5000 to 2 people, another person offered N4000 each to 5 people while someone else offered 50,000 to 10 people and it went on and on like a bonanza, completely defeating the essence of the thread. What fuckery

After these generous donations have been exhausted then what? Does it solve the problem of unemployment the OP talked about? Does it solve the hunger or curb inflation? Is N5000 what Nigerian graduates need to start up a business. Nigerians are truly very narrow minded, majority of the people lack critical thinking skills.

Such a pathetic situation we've found ourselves.

That's another angle to it bros... And I see your point.

BUT people are hungry out there o
Re: Nigeria Has Finished Me: Lessons Learnt by Ugosample(m): 11:27am On Jul 10, 2016
otokx:
For those calling for a bloody revolution, take note.

it is not all rich men that looted state funds, that thread highlighted the growing deep seated hatred some poor people have for hardworking, law abiding rich people who are totally unaware of the former.

This explains the recent upsurge in crime across Nigeria.

Kidnapping is now quite common up north as it in the south.

Hunger can make people do unbelievable things

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has Finished Me: Lessons Learnt by Ugosample(m): 11:41am On Jul 10, 2016
Yujin:

A general revolution in this Nigeria is impossible. The present youths are not united and can never be. The reason is not farfetched as its obvious our world view are far apart. For the east, we can go against the criminal politicians among us in less than two weeks of agreement but that cannot be said for the west and north where there's near worship of rulers(politicians). Again, the desires of the three constituents of Nigeria defers. We from the east appreciates monetary gifts in our times of challenges but seek true self sufficiency and will reject the change offered to us if we do not see any sincerity in our leaders giving us opportunity in achieving self sustenance. The same cannot be said of our compatriots from the other regions. Without a uniformity of mindset, no revolution can succeed. True revolution rejects monetary inducements and withstands the brutality of the security personnels which of course would be sent to quash it. Can the present lily livered youths resist the murderous Nigerian Army? Can the hypocrites who chaired the blood loving maniacs of the Nigeria Army on their killing spree of unarmed biafran agitators stand firm when the nozzle is turned their way? I only laugh at those calling for a revolution in this evil Nigeria. You guys can't do nothing. Like others have said, ordinary good gestures from some folks have made a lot of guys forget the goal our the present struggle. How then can you withstand the bucks loaded politicians and the brutal zombies in uniform? Lol. Just continue dying in silence or make a plan and jet out of the hopeless contraption called Nigeria and hope that by the time you will be returning back, that some herdsmen from Libya won't have occupied your ancestral land after sacking your family members. There's no single thing you benefit from Nigeria yet you are here praising one Nigeria. Any entity that does not exist for the benefit of its people does not worth catering for.

And you think disintegration is the answer?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has Finished Me: Lessons Learnt by Yujin(m): 1:48pm On Jul 10, 2016
Ugosample:

And you think disintegration is the answer?
Disintegration makes the obstacles towards attacking corrupt politicians easier. Igbo youths can attack the criminals in govt within our region and demand accountability and productive leadership. The same is expected from the youths of various regions and it would be much easier for them too. Its the youths of the region versus their corrupt leaders. If you slack then its your problem. This Nigeria is dead and can never work unless it's restructured. Restructuring Nigeria is the ultimate but where it's not feasible then outrig disintegration becomes the only choice.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has Finished Me: Lessons Learnt by Ugosample(m): 1:58pm On Jul 10, 2016
Yujin:

Disintegration makes the obstacles towards attacking corrupt politicians easier. Igbo youths can attack the criminals in govt within our region and demand accountability and productive leadership. The same is expected from the youths of various regions and it would be much easier for them too. Its the youths of the region versus their corrupt leaders. If you slack then its your problem. This Nigeria is dead and can never work unless it's restructured. Restructuring Nigeria is the ultimate but where it's not feasible then outrig disintegration becomes the only choice.

Restructuring Nigeria is the best...
Diintegration will not solve the problem...
Gambia is a small country yet it's people are suffering, Senegal is small and relatively homogenous yet it's people are suffering....
And examples like that abound across Africa.
So I still believe that disintegration is not the solution.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Tallest Christmas Carol Tree Is In Akwa Ibom. Take A Look! / Man Who Knelt Down For Kanu Explains Himself (pics) / What If I Die In Anambra?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.