Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,379 members, 7,812,107 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:22 AM

I Weep For My State Ebonyi By Wisdomkosi - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Weep For My State Ebonyi By Wisdomkosi (24929 Views)

"I Generate Over 30MW From Generators Daily In My State" - Atiku Abubakar / Ministers Weep At Amina Mohammed's Valedictory Session / Buhari’s Bodyguards Weep & Protest Over "Hijacking Of The President By Cabals" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Weep For My State Ebonyi By Wisdomkosi by hUmaneOne: 9:08am On Jul 09, 2016
tit:

why are you making noise?
are you the only one who governor is squandering his money?
please, cool temper.
my state, nassarawa is the same.
our governor has eat all the money alone but want to pay 50% salary.
if you ask him about scholarship, he will use fulani herdsmen on your head.
so my sister, do not give yourself a bad name.

OP is complaining about his state..open your thread and complain about yours too.
See bad thing and agree it is bad

4 Likes

Re: I Weep For My State Ebonyi By Wisdomkosi by Blastos(m): 9:11am On Jul 09, 2016
Mercysam23:

I'm pained because I'm affected. And the cry of the poor is equally my cry. This is not party issue, I voted PDP though I wished it would have been Paul Okorie.

Hon victor don't have a car you said? Let me put my facts right I will come to that.

Now let's assume its true, what's wrong with innoson cars? After all they're less expensive.

ok dear... Hon. Victor used his brother's 406 b4 now.. For d Innoson cars, d governor brought samples of IVM to d house but they outrightly rejected them.. So if u have a problem, channel it to d house for rejecting #MadeinNigeria vehicles.. I worked for Paul Okorie(action) too... D number naa
Re: I Weep For My State Ebonyi By Wisdomkosi by jeffooh999(m): 9:13am On Jul 09, 2016
Bro you re really on point!!!ebonyians dnt needs those shits their governor gv to them
Wisdomkosi:
After going through this thread https://www.nairaland.com/3213384/umahi-presents-2016-prado-suvs where the governor of my state donated 2016 Prado suv which cost 15 million Naira each I wept bitterly because I know the poor condition of my state. I am from ebonyi state and am not a shame to tell people my state of origin. I am writing this article with tears in my eyes because even our South East brothers consider or see ebonyians as fools because of ebonyians don't go to school. People like me who are willing to go to school can't because no money but the governor prefer giving out 2016 suv to house members that already have many cars. Please my governor, what happens if you use that money which you used to acquire 2016 prado suvs for scholarship? I went to Lagos of a recent to pay my uncle a visit, believe me I discovered that 95% of the people hawking on the street are ebonyians. Why can't you Mr governor use this medium that street hawking has been banned in Lagos to call those ebonyians back home and relocate them to the newly built international markets which is now a den of criminal activities in the state please?

It is a slap in our face that we ebonyians can't access loan to even farm which we are good at my governor. I still won't forget a day an ebonyi guy met me and discovered that am from ebonyi in Lagos, he asked me to follow him and start doing Street hawking that I will make it. I told him, I can't because am here for a visit and even if I want to follow him my uncle won't let me hawk even though I need money seriously for my school which am still struggling to enter because no money. What's the fate of that guy now that street hawking has been banned in Lagos? Why can't you from that money and give loans to farmers in ebonyi, give scholarship to those willing to further their education, call those ebonyians hawking in different streets of every Nigeria state home and give them that international market to make use and pay a little money to the state government? I am not a politician and I will never put my hand into politic. I am in my 20s but I weep bitterly for this state because there are many talents wasting in this great state. I am writing this article to you my able Governor, Enginer David nweze umahi like a son to a father because am just 20 years old. Ebonyians in diaspora hawking, let's come back home and make a ebonyi a great state. Nothing good comes easy but I believe we will get there one day.

@Wisdomkosi.

1 Like

Re: I Weep For My State Ebonyi By Wisdomkosi by phaulzoe(m): 9:13am On Jul 09, 2016
hmmmm... only God can help this country
Re: I Weep For My State Ebonyi By Wisdomkosi by Blastos(m): 9:13am On Jul 09, 2016
WinningSun:
wisdomkosi I feel your pain as I'm currently serving in izzi LGA. if I tell you that there is no single ATM machine in this LGA most people won't believe. but this state is having a #200bn potential income from agriculture. as most locales are proud farmer. only that the government is not doing its part to make it marketable.

na Government go put ATM for u too? Una sef
Re: I Weep For My State Ebonyi By Wisdomkosi by nwakibe: 9:15am On Jul 09, 2016
Blastos:

you this boy... Its either u are not from Ebonyi or u dont live here... I stay in Ebonyi and I can tell u dat what he did was in order.. Have u heard dat One of our HOA members was publicly disgraced by d CP citing reasons dat She didnt know because the police does not know their cars? Do you know dat some of our HOA members use their Friends and relatives' cars? Do u know dat these HOA members have not recieved any official car which is dia constitutional right as contained in d laws of d State? Do u know dat those cars were included in d 2016 budget which he is executing as well as other developmental projects? Do u know dat he has not bought any car for his cabinet members(commissioners and Special advisers)? U say Ebonyi people make up 75 percent of those hawking in Lagos, have u heard all d announcements dat Ebonyians should come back home? Should he go and arrest or bundle dem back to d state abi those wey dey d town dey hustle na mumu? U talk about poorest state, do u know how much IGR Ebonyi state Generates in a month? If u want to talk Sh*t about ur So called state Ebonyi, visit am 1st..... Peace.. Unu jokwa
Jokwa o nna! Ehugbo omakaejali. So you are from Ehugb. But the Governor could have gon for a lesser car.

1 Like

Re: I Weep For My State Ebonyi By Wisdomkosi by hisawesomeness(m): 9:15am On Jul 09, 2016
Dgaffer:
At op, you're right to some extent. I'm from Akaeze in Ivo LGA of Ebonyi state, i did my Degree program in Ebonyi state Uni but I'm here in Lagos state for my National Service....i must say that the state govt is trying in infrastructural development which is necessary but what abt human development which is essential as most of our Eboyians are hustling in the streets of Lagos and Onitsha with no place to lay head on..
The Govt should reduce the school/tutution fees in their state Unii so as to encourage the indigens to opt out from their minal jobs on Highways. Just as Senator Dr Sam Egwy did duribg his era as Governor..

I believe and know that Ebonyi will be better soonest considering the fast growth it has received so far within it's creation year
me i'm ishiagu. And i love my own part of ebonyi state. It's only the ezza people u will see do that hawking ish. I always wonder what we(ishiagu) 're doing in that state sef. We don't belong there at all.

1 Like

Re: I Weep For My State Ebonyi By Wisdomkosi by nwakibe: 9:16am On Jul 09, 2016
Blastos:

you this boy... Its either u are not from Ebonyi or u dont live here... I stay in Ebonyi and I can tell u dat what he did was in order.. Have u heard dat One of our HOA members was publicly disgraced by d CP citing reasons dat She didnt know because the police does not know their cars? Do you know dat some of our HOA members use their Friends and relatives' cars? Do u know dat these HOA members have not recieved any official car which is dia constitutional right as contained in d laws of d State? Do u know dat those cars were included in d 2016 budget which he is executing as well as other developmental projects? Do u know dat he has not bought any car for his cabinet members(commissioners and Special advisers)? U say Ebonyi people make up 75 percent of those hawking in Lagos, have u heard all d announcements dat Ebonyians should come back home? Should he go and arrest or bundle dem back to d state abi those wey dey d town dey hustle na mumu? U talk about poorest state, do u know how much IGR Ebonyi state Generates in a month? If u want to talk Sh*t about ur So called state Ebonyi, visit am 1st..... Peace.. Unu jokwa
Jokwa o nna! Ehugbo omakaejali. So you are from Ehugbo. But the Governor could have gon for a lesser car.
Re: I Weep For My State Ebonyi By Wisdomkosi by sojayy(m): 9:16am On Jul 09, 2016
Wisdomkosi:
Seun, lalastical, please don't let this thread die. I want the governor to hear the cry of the masses please not only that of the house members
who told you they're not hearing the cry of the masses ? They wont just do anything about it.

2 Likes

Re: I Weep For My State Ebonyi By Wisdomkosi by ruffDiamond: 9:20am On Jul 09, 2016
CyerSeries:
what are you talking about? I'm from Ebonyi state and since I heard the news yesterday, I was so shocked that I don't even know what to say.. Why is the ediot wasting our money buying expensive SUV for legislators that does virtually nothing? Why didn't he buy one of these Toyota sedan cars that is cheaper? What happened to Inosson? With 5m each, innoson can make a very nice official car for them.. I support the OP, the governor goofed on this one.. So all the tax the masses are paying through their is just for them to live a luxury life? We will mobilize and send a strong message to them starting from the legislators.. Anyone seen driving that SUV should be dealt by the masses.. Nonsense angry
yr head dey dere bro don't mind that anywhere belle face sycophant who quoted you we dey plan the same thing for my side too this time ehn,e go red for those thieves angry this what we have been shouting all this while we must hold these so called rogue leader responsible for the masses welfare not the few criminas among them politician are never the solution they are the problem!!!!

1 Like

Re: I Weep For My State Ebonyi By Wisdomkosi by Mercysam23(f): 9:20am On Jul 09, 2016
Blastos:

in case u havent noticed, Maria sings Praises about our Governor(DNU) as she calls him.. She equally accepted her own official car with open arms and smiles... Follow her on Fb (her page is NWANYI AFIKPO)to get 1st hand info abt Ebonyi not depending on poor bred information like dis thread.. About d light issue, is he EEDC? Abi u no hear say na private Establishment? I have no problem wit protest and demonstration of disgruntlements but channel it to d ryt quaters.. Dont blame d Government at any level for everything dat Goes wrong in our society.. Jokwa nee

Again its not about maria siding with the governor, its about recognizing her office and role in Afikpo. We are meeting her as a fellow woman, we are starting the fight from her doorpost.

No, he is not eedc now that he is governor, but he was during campaign. And is still not for carryout power projects for Ai and Ohaozara zone. Jokwa nna.

1 Like

Re: I Weep For My State Ebonyi By Wisdomkosi by Blastos(m): 9:21am On Jul 09, 2016
nwakibe:

Jokwa o nna! Ehugbo omakaejali. So you are from Ehugb. But the Governor could have gon for a lesser car.

he brought Innoson and they all refused it... Besides its a car loan, it would be deducted from their salaries, vehicle allowance and severance allowance.. Ka nna... Imeri egaa?
Re: I Weep For My State Ebonyi By Wisdomkosi by dAesthete(m): 9:22am On Jul 09, 2016
I can feel the courage & determination in your write-up, the fact that you are 20yrs of age and still not in school(uni) gives dpt to the educational problem of your state. Adding to other advices I think you should write to other people whom have lead success protests. You can reach them on social media, the OP can help with such info. Keep it up. If you feel right about what you are doing then you are right.

1 Like

Re: I Weep For My State Ebonyi By Wisdomkosi by maestroferddi: 9:24am On Jul 09, 2016
Abagworo:
Rochas Okorocha forfeited his security votes and equally allocates substantial amount of Imo States monthly federal allocation but many Igbos have been attacking him for that. They claim free education is not important. Sometimes I wish I was Rochas Okorocha. I would have gladly stopped free education and chop my security votes like other Governors as well as increase my IGR by charging school fees.
This your otimkpu for Rochas is getting nauseating...

3 Likes

Re: I Weep For My State Ebonyi By Wisdomkosi by obaino860: 9:26am On Jul 09, 2016
Wisdomkosi:
I totally agree with you that ebonyi is the poorest state in Nigeria

I don't know if you are from ebony.....,but listen to what I have to tell you......
1)ebony state is not poor,but d ebonyians have a poverty mentality...ekiti is poorer than ebony but d mentality is different.
2)most south eastern state develop themselves,they never look up to d govt for a day...,example Anambra,abia,IMO,Enugu.
3)even if d govt send you to school,will d poverty mentality change.
4)d truth is that you people don't have d spirit of doggedness and hardworking.....
5)Go into business and engage yourselves...
6)Because of you guys lifestyle,,one begin to wonder if you guys are truly Igbo's of d southeast.
7)d truth is that,you guys have to develop yourselves first before d govt can help you.....
coolyou talk about occupying d international market,, how can you succeeded without creating enabling environment for commerce....
9)NNEWI....is a typical example of people who strive to succeed and later become successful
10)Igbo are known to be successful, but in d case of ebony....I am shut of words..
11)you guys should think home and establish yourselves..., that is d truth
12)I am from Anambra state

2 Likes

Re: I Weep For My State Ebonyi By Wisdomkosi by ucnwafor(m): 9:27am On Jul 09, 2016
Am abaomege though, we are so good in rice farming, manual labor and I always think the govt of umahi will provide these farmers with mechanical tools and improve their outputs for productivity, our local rice in the markets, stalls are the hot cake.....
Re: I Weep For My State Ebonyi By Wisdomkosi by Blastos(m): 9:29am On Jul 09, 2016
Mercysam23:

Again its not about maria siding with the governor, its about recognizing her office and role in Afikpo. We are meeting her as a fellow woman, we are starting the fight from her doorpost.

No, he is not eedc now that he is governor, but he was during campaign. And is still not for carryout power projects for Ai and Ohaozara zone. Jokwa nna.

if dats what u have in mind, dats good... Liase with leaders within d LGA(the Ezeogo, esaa, horii, the elites like Chief Alazu, Chief Igariwey and leaders of political class,) then mobilize to EEDC state headquaters and if they dont comply take them to court... Violence would just keep moving us backwards... Jokwa
Re: I Weep For My State Ebonyi By Wisdomkosi by papinx(m): 9:31am On Jul 09, 2016
Hmmm
Re: I Weep For My State Ebonyi By Wisdomkosi by sinizia: 9:31am On Jul 09, 2016
Abagworo:
Rochas Okorocha forfeited his security votes and equally allocates substantial amount of Imo States monthly federal allocation but many Igbos have been attacking him for that. They claim free education is not important. Sometimes I wish I was Rochas Okorocha. I would have gladly stopped free education and chop my security votes like other Governors as well as increase my IGR by charging school fees.

Shut the fùck up, you nauseating liar. There's nothing like free education in IMSU. It's all a scam, you God-forsaken liar!!!

2 Likes

Re: I Weep For My State Ebonyi By Wisdomkosi by melejo(m): 9:31am On Jul 09, 2016
bejeiodus:
This is the best advice. Mobilize disenchanted youths like you and "occupy Ebonyi". Whining on Nairaland won't have as much effect as a mass demonstration against such improvident act.
You guys are just good in discouragement. This guy is just 20 and he did what he can with his capacity but all you will do is to run him down by your mobilizing advise. Haven't you noticed injustice in your own state of origin or in Nigeria generally? How many times have you mobilized. Is it that easy? A boy that can't even afford transportation fee back home is going to mobilize who? If you don't have anything to say keep quiet. Must you comment on every topic. Let the guy keek writing until he develop a capacity to mobilize joor

2 Likes

Re: I Weep For My State Ebonyi By Wisdomkosi by Stanbeto: 9:31am On Jul 09, 2016
My Brother i join you weep some ebonyi young men fry Akara and kpof kpof all over the Country what a shame
Re: I Weep For My State Ebonyi By Wisdomkosi by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 9:33am On Jul 09, 2016
Mr OP, you just dey know that most street hawkers in Lagos are from Ebonyi. I have known this more than 5years.
Thank God you guys are waking up.
Re: I Weep For My State Ebonyi By Wisdomkosi by nnaemekanwachuk(m): 9:35am On Jul 09, 2016
Vendoor:
Its not Just about Ebonyi state....

The entire citizens of Nigeria are frustrated and feed up of these stomach infrastructure leaders that parade themselves like bags of backward premitive old fools; whose only ambition is to squander and loot any available funds and impoverish even the unborn generations.

My dear that of Ebonyi should be a case study...we are the ebonyians so we wont relent untill some thing is done....
So sad embarassed
Re: I Weep For My State Ebonyi By Wisdomkosi by melejo(m): 9:37am On Jul 09, 2016
Abagworo:
Your unseriouness knows no bounds. Who told you all this trash. Okorocha is Yahoo Yahoo guy be careful before he dupes you. You watched those scam on TV and believe him. Do your personal research and discover the degree of lies you just said

3 Likes

Re: I Weep For My State Ebonyi By Wisdomkosi by depezee(m): 9:37am On Jul 09, 2016
If purchasing of official cars for house of assembly members is enshrined in the Ebonyi state law, I don't see anything wrong with it. However it should be done optimally considering other needs of the state. No doubt the state governor has tried in delivering his campaign promises to his people but he should look into areas that will attract investors to the states.
Re: I Weep For My State Ebonyi By Wisdomkosi by Nobody: 9:39am On Jul 09, 2016
Blastos:

This guy is either a member of ebonyi state HOA or has a relative there. Better still, he has been paid to talk trash like this on social media. A sycophant, governor Dave's goon, a zombie & a wailer at the same time. Just keep it up bro, after all, man must waak.
Who said the governor shouldn't have bought vehicles for the state's HOA members? In this present economic hardship, don't you as a person think that N15m worth of vehicle/individual is just too exorbitant?

1 Like

Re: I Weep For My State Ebonyi By Wisdomkosi by Nobody: 9:40am On Jul 09, 2016
Blastos:

na Government go put ATM for u too? Una sef
what I implied was the nature of backwardness of the LGA.

2 Likes

Re: I Weep For My State Ebonyi By Wisdomkosi by fromnigeria(m): 9:41am On Jul 09, 2016
Wisdomkosi:

@Wisdomkosi.

Bro most of our leaders are a disgrace. They rule without consulting the followers. Yesterday i wondered too how most farmers, hawkers and street sellers in my state are ebonyians after i ask a girl (hawking) where she is from.
I am pained like you are. I think a time will come when we can no longer take these nonsense from some of our leaders. They needed to be told to their face that they are misrepresenting.

1 Like

Re: I Weep For My State Ebonyi By Wisdomkosi by Nobody: 9:45am On Jul 09, 2016
melejo:
You guys are just good in discouragement. This guy is just 20 and he did what he can with his capacity but all you will do is to run him down by your mobilizing advise. Haven't you noticed injustice in your own state of origin or in Nigeria generally? How many times have you mobilized. Is it that easy? A boy that can't even afford transportation fee back home is going to mobilize who? If you don't have anything to say keep quiet. Must you comment on every topic. Let the guy keek writing until he develop a capacity to mobilize joor
I didn't know he was twenty when I made that comment. I thought he was a grown adult. The OP didn't state that in his first post....Mercysam23 is already taking the bull by the horns by mobilizing her community women. OP can team up with her and see what they could do together. No one is too young to effect a change.

1 Like

Re: I Weep For My State Ebonyi By Wisdomkosi by mikaelzX(m): 9:49am On Jul 09, 2016
He had to do that because only the house of assembly can impeach him. If the people also want to benefit from the treasury, they must rise up and execute their right of protest against impunity

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lagos Assembly Seals Sacked Lawmakers’ Offices As Crisis Worsens / Nigerian Army Reportedly Arresting IMSU Students / Abba Kyari, Others Beg Court Not To Transfer Them To Prison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.