Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,234 members, 7,825,904 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:53 AM

CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva (11889 Views)

EFCC Fails To Re-arraign Ex-Governor Sylva / Former Bayelsa Governor Sylva Remains In EFCC Custody / Factions Disagree Over Governor Sylva's Move To CPC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by debosky(m): 9:39pm On Sep 14, 2009
illusion2:

Debo ,your maths may not be entirely accurate   embarassed

I am not claiming forensic accuracy, my figures are indicative. The level of funding available to the ND state governors (30 billion in derivation alone in May 2009) is sufficient to begin to make a real impact on the lives of the people of the delta.

The state is poor - per capita 'income' is a measure that is largely irrelevant to the lives of Bayelsa indigenes. They do not have schools, hospitals nor roads regardless of what the economic 'statistic' says.

Don't get yourself twisted into knots trying to split hairs - the import of my post is clear: Bayelsans are poor and not getting the type of benefits from their State Government as they should. Spending 20billion on a white elephant project is symptomatic of that.

Beaf:

This link will put an end to your mathmatical dilemma and fix the figure firmly at 13% http://www.dawodu.com/aluko10.htm

13 percent is ONLY from derivation and EXCLUDES statutory allocations and local government allocations. Revenues from statutory allocations and local government revenue (largely controlled by the state governors by proxy) must be considered when calculating the income to the ND states:

http://www.fmf.gov.ng/downloads/FAAC/fa_May_2009.pdf
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by redsun(m): 9:48pm On Sep 14, 2009
Same thing happened with odili showing off with champaign that worth hundreds of pounds,dickheads.
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by Beaf: 9:51pm On Sep 14, 2009
babapupa:

Feel free to spin as much as you want, what ever makes you snore louder at night.

Tell me precisely what your elected officials did to save his life.  

I wrote more than that, but as usual, deception and  factual fraud dey bother you,
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Damn!
Ignorance confirmed! Keep to the simple things you know about.
Saro Wiwa was killed by Abacha. There were no "elected officials".
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by babapupa: 9:58pm On Sep 14, 2009
I'll take that back because the key word here is leaders, not necessarily elected officials.

Now please tell me what they did to save his life?.

Also, who stole your allocations? the feds or your leaders?

Who refused to educate your kids? the feds or your leaders?

Who refused to protect your environmental? the feds or your leaders?
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by illusion2: 10:19pm On Sep 14, 2009
debosky:

I am not claiming forensic accuracy, my figures are indicative.
Ok now  wink

debosky:

The state is poor - per capita 'income' is a measure that is largely irrelevant to the lives of Bayelsa indigenes. They do not have schools, hospitals nor roads regardless of what the economic 'statistic' says.
They have,maybe not enough. . . . . .
debosky:

Don't get yourself twisted into knots trying to split hairs - the import of my post is clear: Bayelsans are poor and not getting the type of benefits from their State Government as they should. Spending 20billion on a white elephant project is symptomatic of that.

Nobody's getting twisted,most of what you're saying is common knowledge,we just need to be clear & more accurate on these issues. I already confirmed 'Gov Gloryland' is a mumu. . . .  wink
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by SapeleGuy: 11:12pm On Sep 14, 2009
babapupa:

I'll take that back because the key word here is leaders, not necessarily elected officials.
Taking it back is not good enough. You should apologise here because everybody knows there were no elected leaders under Abacha. It is dishonest to suggest otherwise.

babapupa:

Now please tell me what they did to save his life?.
They protested to Amnesty International, OAU, UN, UK, USA, sanctions were imposed, and Nigeria was excluded from the commonwealth. Abacha then died during a foreign engagement.

babapupa:

Also, who stole your allocations? the feds or your leaders?
The Niger Delta Region has produced $400 billion in petroleum revenue for Nigeria since 1960, lets go along with your theory, take away 10 years and $45 billion for the ND Governors. That leaves us with $355 billion that has not touched the ND governors - Please account for this money.

babapupa:

Who refused to educate your kids? the feds or your leaders?
The last JAMB results of April 2009, Niger Delta kids kidnapped the top positions.

babapupa:

Who refused to protect your environmental? the feds or your leaders?
The federal govt have been extending the gas flaring deadline for the past for 25 years and recently did again december 31 2008. http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/National/5451134-147/story.csp

I await your response.
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by babapupa: 2:44am On Sep 15, 2009
I clarified that already so quit jumping. The keyword is leaders, not necessarily elected leaders. 

Let me repeat myself one more time?

Specifically, what did your local leaders do to save his life?  I didn't say anything about the international community.

Quoting ambiguous and irrelevant  financial numbers is mute and redundant simply because it has nothing to do with mismanagement, looting, stealing, incompetency and share neglect in the delta. You guys can not always sweep the bad including  folks like Ibori and alamco under the carpet while continuously pointing fingers and blaming other people.  Be honest with yourself and to the discussion.

I welcome great educational performance by kids all over Nigeria but please, post your kidnapping result numbers by numbers if you gonna brag about it and excuse incompetency and neglect in the region.

States are equipped with more than enough power to promulgate and enforce environmental laws. Ignorance of responsibilities and obligations is no excuse, other states are doing it so what's your point besides defending and excusing bad behavior and blind ethnicism. This is your state/land and you have legal tools at your disposal to protect it.

Shell got sued.

Shell ponied up 15 million bucks

Shell didn't say the land they were accused of destroying belongs to the feds,not ogoni land so no culpability

Shell didn't say Ken was not from Ogoni land so they ain't responsible.

Seriously, I don't get you guys. what really is your point? We all know looting, stealing, mismanagement and dereliction of duty is a sad way of life all over our dear country, including the delta.

Why is it so hard for you guys to accept known truth and understanding?

We all criticize and bad mouth shenanigans in other parts of the country so lets quit the silly defensiveness and highlight the same shortcomings in our backyards.

Now, please tell me Ibori didn't loot the delta dry

Tell me alams didn't loot the delta dry

Tell me how many schools, hospitals, roads alams and ibori collectively built and commissioned?

Oh I forgot, it's the feds Job.

Negro please,
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by Beaf: 2:58am On Sep 15, 2009
^Look at this clown talking about "honesty".

On the deaths of Saro Wiwa and the 9 others:
Specifically, what did your local leaders do to save his life?
Fool.

Shell got sued.
By who? Fool.

I welcome great educational performance by kids all over Nigeria but please, post your kidnapping result numbers by numbers if you gonna brag about it and excuse incompetency and neglect in the region.
We outperform practically every state in university admissions and are regularly the top scorers. Don't let your proven ignorance hang you further.
Fool.

Almost every single one of your posts is to threads on ND matters, Igbo mockery, Lagos or Yoruba affairs. Every other person contributing here (for or against) is spread much wider. Is it not straightforward to label you (at the very least) as ethnocentrist?
The above coupled with the fact (visible on this page) that you make things up, leads to the conclusion that you intensely deslike ND people.

You should feel dignified that you are getting replies.

Fool.
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by babapupa: 3:34am On Sep 15, 2009
Gibberish and delusional rubbish as usual,

You're free to spin and break it down to your level of understanding and comfort.

I stand by every word, counter or keep quiet.
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by Beaf: 3:43am On Sep 15, 2009
^
Overcome ignorance. It is urgent. Knowledge cures racism
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by babapupa: 3:49am On Sep 15, 2009
One more time,

I stand by every word, counter or keep quiet.

I'm not falling for your racism nonsense bait so find some other BS to hop on,
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by Beaf: 3:59am On Sep 15, 2009
^Clown, I've highlighted the lines about the only areas to post in so that honest folk can check your profile on the racism thingy.

Your profile can't lie, can it? You can't edit all your ND posts. . . grin

Funny guy.
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by ono(m): 9:19am On Sep 15, 2009
Hmnn. . . . Nothing much to say again - Beaf and Sapele guy have done all in a very neat way.
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by agitator: 12:28pm On Sep 16, 2009
Niger Deltans deserve the kind of leadership they get with all these senseless reasoning.

Previously, the argument was "the companies should develop the ND" now it is "The federal government".

I pray everyday that God should change this mindset of my people.

Dear God please, help my people.
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by na2day2(m): 12:51am On Sep 18, 2009
agitator:

Niger Deltans deserve the kind of leadership they get with all these senseless reasoning.

Previously, the argument was "the companies should develop the ND" now it is "The federal government".

I pray everyday that God should change this mindset of my people.

Dear God please, help my people.
am sorry, I miss ur point
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by mendax: 12:55am On Sep 19, 2009
not a wise thing to do
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by DisGuy: 11:16pm On Jun 15, 2010
Massive tourism potential grin
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by Kobojunkie: 1:15am On Jun 16, 2010
WOW!!! I remember this thread and how it was ALL CNN's Fault back when it first came up on here, and Sylva was innocent of it all. Barely a year later, the same state is in in a state of emergency! grin
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by illusion2: 2:33pm On Jun 16, 2010
Kobo u like wahala sha. . . . embarassed
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by PhysicsMHD(m): 1:40am On May 08, 2011
damn
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by Kobojunkie: 8:34am On May 09, 2011
Yes ooo . . . . SERIOUS POTENTIAL --- Millions poured into yet another project and wetin be report ? How many people don go visit the Colloseum, or the mini jewish kingdom? ROFLMAO!!!
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by Kobojunkie: 2:59am On Apr 21, 2012
Sylva will be remembered for bring a replica of the roman Colosseum his people. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

El-Rufai Backs NSA Azazi's Statement On Boko Haram / Breaking: Efcc Questions suswan / Buhari’s Speech Provides Hope For Development – Nigerians In Damaturu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.