Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,256 members, 7,818,876 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:06 AM

CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva (11884 Views)

EFCC Fails To Re-arraign Ex-Governor Sylva / Former Bayelsa Governor Sylva Remains In EFCC Custody / Factions Disagree Over Governor Sylva's Move To CPC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by Tsodiya(m): 6:15pm On Sep 10, 2009
Sylva your mama, your papa, somebody please shoot this Goat. angry angry angry
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by zmurda(m): 6:17pm On Sep 10, 2009
the guy na big monkey, baboonus sylvarus

ode, alakori, were, oloshi, slowpoke, nonsense and ingredients, punk a**
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by mustafar1: 6:25pm On Sep 10, 2009
You people should leave our able governor o. he wasnt the one that started the waste of money now. blame it on Alams and Goodluck cos he rightly pointed out he didnt start it. how else would bayelsa be noticed on the map without that star of david which the Governor so believes in and swears by(by the way, hell be on his way to church on sunday to give thanks). imagine all the non-existent shows that the amphibian theatre can host? it would boost tourism because people would rather come experience the miniature sorry excuse replica of a replica than go to rome to see and experience the real deal. u people should face ur own governor or government and leave our government alone o.

AT LEAST YOU DONT SEE THE PEOPLE OF BAYELSA COMPLAINING!
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by naijaway(m): 6:25pm On Sep 10, 2009
Nigeria is in a chronic stage of DECAY and now that decay is just taking over like a cancer. Look at that rubbish with spot coolers for an A/C.  Our naija will take more than two centuries to build and would loose many of  those who are diaspora if a national surgery is not performed very soon. The nation and its citizens are planetry jokes and majority don't know or are just too ignorant about it. I want 2 say change the name to Greater Nigeria maybe we might live up to it but my confidence in the citizens to impact any change home and abroad is so dim that i cannot elobrate on my imagination.
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by Tsodiya(m): 6:32pm On Sep 10, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OF0Re7gJBb8
No wonder everyone can get away with stuff. senators are busy blowing grammar wey them coleagues no understand na wa, grin grin grin
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by olugbon01(m): 7:09pm On Sep 10, 2009
God save this country. The man just made mockery of himself unknowingly. shocked grin sad sad
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by babapupa: 7:16pm On Sep 10, 2009

AT LEAST YOU DONT SEE THE PEOPLE OF BAYELSA COMPLAINING!

But they do blow up/kill/slaughter fellow Nigerians for their leaders and other people's transgressions.

Innocent people died @ Atlas Cove.
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by lawrence83: 7:23pm On Sep 10, 2009
See crib oh, na wa oh, the cave loke strutures are just too good to the eyes.

politics! here i come, pls dont hold me back.

i need a large chunk of this national cake weh no de finish
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by mustafar1: 7:28pm On Sep 10, 2009
babapupa:

But they do blow up/kill/slaughter fellow Nigerians for their leaders and other people's transgressions.

Innocent people died @ Atlas Cove.

isnt that the response we get to issues on NL especially when people support actions that really cant be explained.  grin grin moreover it is never a particular regions fault for their own problems .ie a northerner would blame the south for their high unemployement and the south-south would blame the north for not having any motorable road. and the easterners would blame the west for their not producing a president.

but anyway im just saying. . .
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by canuck(m): 7:43pm On Sep 10, 2009
I hereby stand on the STAR OF DAVID, and make a wish that Nigeria be rid of miscreants like Gov Sylvia (regardless of tribe and level of government).

Oh, I forgot to walk around the STAR OF DAVID seven times!

OK, starting all over again, grin
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by canuck(m): 7:45pm On Sep 10, 2009
z-murda:

the guy na big monkey, baboonus sylvarus

ode, alakori, were, oloshi, slowpoke, nonsense and ingredients, punk a**

LOL!!!!!! Z-Murda, you kill person o!!!! grin grin grin
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by sjeezy8: 8:20pm On Sep 10, 2009
igbo boy:

@Sjeezy8,
you have to be the most primitive nenequa i know.
Everything to you is ethnicity ethncity, yoruba this yoruba that, ah ah
Learn to appreciate other cultures cos I can bet you the whole world doesn't revolve around yoruba's, enjoy the diversity dumbwit

TheSeeker:

Pay that numskull no mind. He's not worth your spit. Just to answer his foolish observations, the best his tribe could produce Nigeria government with was Obasanjo and another friend of his, an agbero, Adedibu.
@Topic: What do you expect of a man who obviously isn't educated?! Who doesn't know that these animals are living on our money and sucking up every thing in the treasure by virtue of forged certificates?! I'm sure if Yaradua is investigated, though a lecturer, he's forged his certificates too. grin grin

Excuse me Ladies, i didn't state anything about any other tribe or region i simply said the yorubas dont blame their problems on other tribes and know that bad leadership is the problem in Nigeria.
And you two girls blew it up
Why cant i celebrate the good things about the Yorubas/lagosians, their diplomacy, and how they dont blow up/or kill others for the faults of their leaders?
I celebrate and give credit to the easterners for their industrialness, business savvy mindsets, and how eastern babes are fine ass hell. POSITIVE STUVS I MEAN
THIS IS AFRICA ETHNICITY AND TRIBE, AREN'T GOING ANYWHERE SO ITS ABOUT TIME WE GIVE CREDIT WHERE CREDIT IS DO INSTEAD OF DWELLING ON THE NEGATIVES OF EACH TRIBE. OK LADIES
and yorubas didn't produce OBJ, Nigeria did. Thats the thing with you people can never let tribalism go. Just because soludo, orji,Nnamani, are igbo doesn't mean they represent all igbos, Yardua doesn't represent all northerners who most are poor. same with anyother government official. OBJ  repsents the elites of all tribes. 
CELEBRATE YOUR TRIBE'S POSITIVES LIKE ME AND GIVE CREDIT TO OTHERS, AS I HAVE LEARNED TO DO. grin

OK LADIES THANKS
(i can never be mad with an hausa,ijo,fulani,bini,kanuri man for celebrating the positives of his tribe)

back to topic
sylva is only a product of Nigerian elites,Nigeria can never change unless people realise problem lie within corrupt leaders not any damn west,north,east common folk.
Why would he build a house for foreign investors? he has no shame at all
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by Nobody: 8:39pm On Sep 10, 2009
Sylva=ode
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by illusion2: 8:53pm On Sep 10, 2009
MrPrsdent:

Sylva=ode
correction : Sylva = Mumu grin
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by Nobody: 9:05pm On Sep 10, 2009
In one word; slowpoke!
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by Nobody: 9:10pm On Sep 10, 2009
illusion2:

correction : Sylva = Mumu grin
that too
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by sodconfirm: 9:12pm On Sep 10, 2009
He is a bloody bastard, He's feeling like 50 cent, IDIOT
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by DoubleN(m): 10:29pm On Sep 10, 2009
Ilu ti Daru!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by Krayola2(m): 11:07pm On Sep 10, 2009
Tsodiya:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OF0Re7gJBb8
No wonder everyone can get away with stuff. senators are busy blowing grammar wey them coleagues no understand na wa,  grin grin grin

hahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahah  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin That video is a classic

LWKMD!!!!!! mo gbe!!  grin grin grin grin grin  Confusion catch everybody there. Naija no go kill me O!!
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by azeezbaba(m): 11:32pm On Sep 10, 2009
This guy is a fool. It is only in Nigeria that things like this can happen. Bayelsans should take to the streets in protest.
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by Beaf: 11:47pm On Sep 10, 2009
It is easy to see why the country is a mess. This is a state that has never been connected to the national grid, but on $30 million/ per month, the gov prefers a white elephant to building roads, schools etc instead. Shame.

Egweripapa 1 of Bayelsa for 2011  grin grin grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/115681_Egweripapa_1_of_Bayelsa_jpg870b67bde2befda2be68320f75ca4178
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by Outstrip(f): 12:06am On Sep 11, 2009
Shakes head
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by igboboy1(m): 12:23am On Sep 11, 2009
sjeezy8:

Excuse me Ladies, i didn't state anything about any other tribe or region i simply said the yorubas dont blame their problems on other tribes and know that bad leadership is the problem in Nigeria.
And you two girls blew it up
Why cant i celebrate the good things about the Yorubas/lagosians, their diplomacy, and how they dont blow up/or kill others for the faults of their leaders?
I celebrate and give credit to the easterners for their industrialness, business savvy mindsets, and how eastern babes are fine ass hell. POSITIVE STUVS I MEAN
THIS IS AFRICA ETHNICITY AND TRIBE, AREN'T GOING ANYWHERE SO ITS ABOUT TIME WE GIVE CREDIT WHERE CREDIT IS DO INSTEAD OF DWELLING ON THE NEGATIVES OF EACH TRIBE. OK LADIES
and yorubas didn't produce OBJ, Nigeria did. Thats the thing with you people can never let tribalism go. Just because soludo, orji,Nnamani, are igbo doesn't mean they represent all igbos, Yardua doesn't represent all northerners who most are poor. same with anyother government official. OBJ  repsents the elites of all tribes. 
CELEBRATE YOUR TRIBE'S POSITIVES LIKE ME AND GIVE CREDIT TO OTHERS, AS I HAVE LEARNED TO DO. grin

OK LADIES THANKS
(i can never be mad with an hausa,ijo,fulani,bini,kanuri man for celebrating the positives of his tribe)

back to topic
sylva is only a product of Nigerian elites,Nigeria can never change unless people realise problem lie within corrupt leaders not any damn west,north,east common folk.
Why would he build a house for foreign investors? he has no shame at all

Well if you didnt want to inject ethnicity just say your two piece like everybody did.  I bet you 80% of those commenting are not even from Bayelsa and they are given their honest opinion without going ethnic, But no your dumb a$$ must infuse ethnicity.

my guy sharap there,  Yours is a well documented case of ethnic chauvinism so dont all of a sudden act like you are accepting of other ethnic groups, Bush boy no wonder you use the word "tribe" only if you know how it came upon,

Once again diplomacy is not limited to one ethnic group, any body can be diplomatic,  and blowing up people is not done in just one part of the country only, ODE

Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by sjeezy8: 2:36am On Sep 11, 2009
igbo boy:

Well if you didnt want to inject ethnicity just say your two piece like everybody did. I bet you 80% of those commenting are not even from Bayelsa and they are given their honest opinion without going ethnic, But no your dumb a$$ must infuse ethnicity.

my guy sharap there, Yours is a well documented case of ethnic chauvinism so dont all of a sudden act like you are accepting of other ethnic groups, Bush boy no wonder you use the word "tribe" only if you know how it came upon,

Once again diplomacy is not limited to one ethnic group, any body can be diplomatic, and blowing up people is not done in just one part of the country only, ODE

cool it lady understood no reason to pms all over NL

as i said before if anyone want to say something he or her is free to do so.
AND BLOWING UP SHIT IN LAGOS IS WHAT WAS USED BY MEND WHO WERE PART OF THE DELTA. lol i use tribe because of the word "tribalism" , one cant use "nation" because NO "tribe" in Nigeria has declared its self independent from the rest of populace and no tribe has a clear boundary,as a Nation would. Maybe you shoud find something better to do with yourtime other than flirting with guys on the internet.
MY POINT WAS MEND AND THOSE IN THE DELTA SHOULD BLAME THEIR SITUATION ON BAD LEADERS. Ill leave yoruba out dis time cause i see people like you can't see past tribal names and brush it off as being no big deal.
But im sure it would have gone different if i said " They can learn alot from some igbo states in managing funds "
Im sure that sound better to your tribalistic ass.

enjoy your evening with you bf
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by Beaf: 2:55am On Sep 11, 2009
^
Delta people know the cause of their problems. Hint; no one has ever seen Governor Sylva drilling oil, neither does Bayelsa own oil wells. . . Laughable The FG owns 60% of all oil concessions, the other 40% is held by oil companies; Bayelsa gets a monthly stipend of $30 million like any other state.

They wouldn't find any use for your sort of narrow minded thoughts and suggestions.

Lets keep to Bayelsa state.
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by mbulela: 3:12am On Sep 11, 2009
While this may sound nice, it demonstrates a lack of understanding of the issues involved. Oil is a finite commodity. By the time you perfect resource management, oil will be long exhausted and there will be nothing left to control. It also suggests that the owner will continue to endure humiliation and psychological defeat until he achieves good resource management.

I disagree with this assertion completely.
do you have a clue ALAMS, Goodluck and Sylva have received in the last 7 years while the resource is not controlled?
enough to transform Bayelsa State and make Yenegoa (very small town) in particular an envy to others.
what was done with the resource allocated? stolen with relentless impunity.
the militants and all those fighting for resource allocation are fighting a battle on behalf off the the thieving elite not because they love the elite but because they think it is an easier battle than resource management.
If the battle for resource allocation is won this weekend, 24 months from now, there will be absolutely no difference in infastrucutre, leadership and well being of the persons of the Niger delta.
the rich will only get richer and oppress the masses more than ever before.
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by Beaf: 3:35am On Sep 11, 2009
^
"ALAMS, Goodluck and Sylva"? You are talking about money that never gets awarded, they stole other state monies. But way above that, you are begging the question.
The current structure of the country facilitates corruption and backwardness; the right organ to pressure for that change is the FG.
The structure of the pyramid "Federation" is the foundation for the two pillars of corruption in Nigeria; the federal and the states govts.

Corruption is not unique to the Niger Delta, it is a Nigerian malaise which exists only because the country is set up the wrong way with money flowing from the FG to the states, instead of the opposite.

If money flowed from state to FG, it will make the FG accountable to each state (one pillar of corruption down).
Also, if money flowed from the LG to the state instead of the other way round, state govts would be 100% accountable to their people (the other pillar of corruption down).

MEND is 100% right to "negotiate" with the FG.
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by babapupa: 3:59am On Sep 11, 2009
Delta people know the cause of their problems. Hint; no one has ever seen Governor Sylva drilling oil, neither does Bayelsa own oil wells. . . Laughable The FG owns 60% of all oil concessions, the other 40% is held by oil companies; Bayelsa gets a monthly stipend of $30 million like any other state.

They wouldn't find any use for your sort of narrow minded thoughts and suggestions.

Lets keep to Bayelsa state.

You still dey lie to yourself.

How do you justify blowing up innocent people while your leaders dey blow money on useless and non productive ugly monstrosities?

Btw, delta states allocation for last July was like 9 billion. (90 million Dollars).

And Bayelsa's dropped from like 10 billion to 4 billion (40 million dollars/silva dey pocket 10 million) because of militant activities.

Unfortunately for MEND and other violent elements in the delta, sometimes when you tink say you dey hurt other people, your people go suffer too. Not MEND of course, I heard they're laughing their ways to the bank with dead innocent Nigerians blood on their hands.
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by igboboy1(m): 5:13am On Sep 11, 2009
sjeezy8:

cool it lady understood no reason to pms all over NL

as i said before if anyone want to say something he or her is free to do so.
AND BLOWING UP SHIT IN LAGOS IS WHAT WAS USED BY MEND WHO WERE PART OF THE DELTA. lol i use tribe because of the word "tribalism" , one cant use "nation" because NO "tribe" in Nigeria has declared its self independent from the rest of populace and no tribe has a clear boundary,as a Nation would. Maybe you shoud find something better to do with yourtime other than flirting with guys on the internet.
MY POINT WAS MEND AND THOSE IN THE DELTA SHOULD BLAME THEIR SITUATION ON BAD LEADERS. Ill leave yoruba out dis time cause i see people like you can't see past tribal names and brush it off as being no big deal.
But im sure it would have gone different if i said " They can learn alot from some igbo states in managing funds "
Im sure that sound better to your tribalistic ass.

enjoy your evening with you bf

u dont make sense, like you've never had,
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by sjeezy8: 7:22am On Sep 11, 2009
igbo boy:

u dont make sense, like you've never had,

"u dont make sense, like you've never had"- this my friend makes no sense

i make perfect sense my point is that some people like YOU, dont like when people post positive attributes about their own tribe. But if it were positives posted by a member of your tribe you would have no problem with it.
LOL im no tribalist- just an honest person who is staring point out different tribes positives(this time Yorubas just fit into what i said). simple
If anyone from any other tribe has something to contribute to the delta, say it. I give credit where credit is do. this time its yorubas, next time it'll be igbo positives since you're crying about it. Tribalism isnt going anywhere in Africa, so we might as well, give credit where credit is due and adopt the positive attributes from each tribe.

alright lady
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by ThinkRait: 8:05am On Sep 11, 2009
The project is definitely more than a white elephant project- It is a white dinosaur abi na white mammoth project.

However, the impression I got from the earlier posts was that the governors owns the building. This is simply not true. We cannot say Gov. Fashola owns Eko Atlantic city currently under development neither can we say fmr Gov. Duke owns Tinapa.

This is a case of misplaced priority not of corruption. We should get this right.

Secondly, sjeezy8 should stop seeing wrongs in every action of people of the Niger Delta. No region is free of corruption.
I hate it when every thread turns tribalistic cos of unguarded statements of people like sjeezy8.
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by Nobody: 8:30am On Sep 11, 2009
The white man will always see us as a group of stupid people.
See how the man just dey open him rotten yansh for the whole world to see.

I wonder if that governor Silva passed through secondary school at all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

El-Rufai Backs NSA Azazi's Statement On Boko Haram / Magu: APC Leaders Meet Over Presidency, National Assembly Crisis / PDP Will Defeat APC In 2019 Regardless Of Federal Might – Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.