Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,658 members, 7,823,865 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:52 PM

Ladies It’s Another Saturday And You’re Not Married. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies It’s Another Saturday And You’re Not Married. (922 Views)

How Your Mother Looks At You When You Are 32 Years And Not Married (picture) / Ladies It Should Always Be Like This During Menstruation / Ladies, It's Ok To Be A Slay Queen. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ladies It’s Another Saturday And You’re Not Married. by ournaijablog(f): 9:16am On Jul 09, 2016
Ah the joy of most women is to get married, I mean this from the day you’re born as a woman your parents have already started daydreaming about how your wedding day is gonna be, even as a kid you already started fantasizing about your dream man, sorry to disappoint you not all women are destined to get married.

So many people are gonna become religious about this post saying for every man there is a woman and vice versa and God has destined each missing rib to find the other this is the mindset we have grown up with, the sooner we imbibe this orientation that not everyone is destined to get married the sooner our lives become our own. I wrote an article sometime ago asking if as a woman you should still be dating at 25? I got a lot of comments about it, some were of the opinion that at 25 you should be married with a kid at least, some said that’s the courtship year, very few women actually understood what that article was about, the race for marriage has become something else.

Society has played a very large role in deceiving all women that they must get married at a certain age, they have deceived women who are married not to keep single women as friends, they have deceived women into believing for them to be taken serious by society they need to be in a man’s house, please this is our lives, we aren’t robots.

Society has termed most independent women as unworthy of marriage, even most men run away from hustling independent ladies, they are seen as a competition, they are seen as not so wifely material, they are seen as disobedient and non-submissive, but truth be told these are the women who can handle marriage like an adult. Do you see the kids getting married these days? Most of these women can’t even handle a relationship, they don’t know the rudiments attached to marriage, but the pressure to get married has so gotten to them that they see their next relationship as the last one, they wanna get married so fast so they can answer “MRS” and leave the single “CLIQUE” and I am not surprised that after one kid they get tired of marriage and both parties start seeking divorce.

I am not against marriage, I never will be, Marriage is an institution and like nost institutions you have to write an exam before you’re given admission, most people don’t write these exams, they don’t know the A,B,C of marriage yet they go into it, not for the long term sake but for the now sake or the I was once married sake, have you seen the divorce rate globally? It’s a shocker and then we have kids who are caught in these dramas.

Ladies! Accept this fact, not all of us are gonna get married, not all of us are gonna have biological kids, not all of us are gonna wake up each morning in a man’s bed, this isn’t a curse, it’s the reality of life, do you stop to wonder as a woman why one particular woman has been divorced 5 times?, do you ever wonder why one woman was butchered in her matrimonial home? Have you ever stopped to wonder why women in marriages are either depressed or suicidal? I aint trying to discourage anyone but the truth must be told, don’t let other peoples opinion lead you to unhappiness, as a woman your potential are limitless, marriage in just a phase in your live why not try to explore the other phases.

Marriage isn’t happiness, we make marriage become our happy zone, marriage isn’t an escape route, marriage isn’t a financial secured zone, marriage isn’t all about looking pretty and having babies, marriage is deeper than all these things and if you do not understand that marriage is the holiest of all institutions then you aren’t ready for it.

Ladies before anything your happiness is tantamount, do not follow the crowd, stand out, achieve your dreams, you’re are fearfully made, if you know the size and amount of what you can achieve it will scare you, your life doesn’t have to stop at one phase, marriage is a bonus, in your pursuit of marriage don’t be stagnant pursue other things and see God do wonders in your life, this isn’t a post discouraging marriage, truth is marriage shouldn’t be handled lightly, it leaves scars in our souls when it don’t work out, and when we already have kids it becomes a problem because when we leave the kids have to deal with the fact that their mummy and daddy never loved each other, it makes them afraid to commit or love someone so that person in turn wouldn’t leave them, and if you decide to stay because of your kids, you end up very unhappy and this is as bad as leaving because you become psychologically unstable and this might lead to a lot of harm.

Ladies take your time, if you’re destined to get married believe me the right man will come sweep you off your feet, and it’s gonna be happily ever after but you have to work towards it good things don’t come easy and the harsh truth is happily ever after just isn’t for everyone.

Ibeji Isabella.

http://www.ournaijablog.com/ladies-another-saturday-youre-not-married/

Re: Ladies It’s Another Saturday And You’re Not Married. by Nobody: 9:18am On Jul 09, 2016
What is the achievement in getting married?
Re: Ladies It’s Another Saturday And You’re Not Married. by Nasri100(m): 9:21am On Jul 09, 2016
I really do love independent women, i dont see them as a competition, and i hope that at some stage i get married to one. Not these lazy trophy wives.

1 Like

Re: Ladies It’s Another Saturday And You’re Not Married. by dollyjoy(f): 9:22am On Jul 09, 2016
Love Machine:
Deny it all you want but marriage is an achievement.

Our society makes it sosmiley.

1 Like

Re: Ladies It’s Another Saturday And You’re Not Married. by ournaijablog(f): 9:22am On Jul 09, 2016
Love Machine:

marriage has got its achievements believe me, but the race to get married has become a joke to the institution itself
Re: Ladies It’s Another Saturday And You’re Not Married. by Nobody: 9:26am On Jul 09, 2016
dollyjoy:
Deny it all you want but marriage is an achievement.

Our society makes it sosmiley.
Explain.
Re: Ladies It’s Another Saturday And You’re Not Married. by Nobody: 9:27am On Jul 09, 2016
OP, what is ur problem with ladies who are not married? Do you think every lady out there go about looking for husband. There is a destiny to be fulfilled. Marriage is not a reward but another path through life. You don't have to be overwhelmed by the desire to get married. Reasonable ladies are praying and taking their time. Do u know how many ladies who wish they never married when they did? Be careful OP, u can only live it own life.
Re: Ladies It’s Another Saturday And You’re Not Married. by Nasri100(m): 9:31am On Jul 09, 2016
@Kaorama This is how naija people fail exams. You didnt even read the article. You just browsed the topic and concluded. Chaii.

1 Like

Re: Ladies It’s Another Saturday And You’re Not Married. by Jorussia(m): 9:36am On Jul 09, 2016
I love independent women.My mum is my standard for a future partner.

1 Like

Re: Ladies It’s Another Saturday And You’re Not Married. by czarr(m): 9:42am On Jul 09, 2016
kaorama:
OP, what is ur problem with ladies who are not married? Do you think every lady out there go about looking for husband. There is a destiny to be fulfilled. Marriage is not a reward but another path through life. You don't have to be overwhelmed by the desire to get married. Reasonable ladies are praying and taking their time. Do u know how many ladies who wish they never married when they did? Be careful OP, u can only live it own life.
my guy try to read first before you comment,so you don't make men appear like fools.

1 Like

Re: Ladies It’s Another Saturday And You’re Not Married. by ournaijablog(f): 9:43am On Jul 09, 2016
kaorama:

please did you read and understand this article?
Re: Ladies It’s Another Saturday And You’re Not Married. by ever811(m): 9:48am On Jul 09, 2016
if she is not married this Saturday it does not mean she will never do if she want to..more Saturday are coming...ehhnnn ladies, but don't stock your ass looking for some rich guys..moooonnnnnooooppppouuuulseee is real..
Re: Ladies It’s Another Saturday And You’re Not Married. by ournaijablog(f): 9:51am On Jul 09, 2016
ever811:
if she is not married this Saturday it does not mean she will never do if she want to..more Saturday are coming...ehhnnn ladies, but don't stock your ass looking for some rich guys..moooonnnnnooooppppouuuulseee is real..

or she might never, she shouldn't be stuck on the mentality of I must get married.

(1) (Reply)

Wtf Is Wrong With My Uc Browser??? / APC Change Hits Indomie.-(photo) / A Must See

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.