Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

Architects' Corner: Models And 3D Fair - Education (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Architects' Corner: Models And 3D Fair (19815 Views)

How To Apply For African Scholarship Fair 2018 (Lagos Oriental Hotel) / Special Offer For Aspiring Models And Trendy Students / Similarities and Differences Between Architects and Prostitutes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Architects' Corner: Models And 3D Fair by hysteriabox(m): 10:02pm On Nov 27, 2016
Hey peeps..... Top designs loading

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Architects' Corner: Models And 3D Fair by fizzy94(m): 9:27pm On Nov 28, 2016
Can I get a plan of shopping mall with a 50shops and 5 warehouse. The floor plan, roof plan, sectioning, site analysis and elevation
Re: Architects' Corner: Models And 3D Fair by MidasTouche01(m): 7:56am On Nov 29, 2016
fizzy94:
Can I get a plan of shopping mall with a 50shops and 5 warehouse. The floor plan, roof plan, sectioning, site analysis and elevation

U can pm me, I'd design a very good design for a token amount...
Re: Architects' Corner: Models And 3D Fair by Certifiedbillio(m): 8:58pm On Nov 30, 2016
Lumion and Vray, which one is best for rendering?
Re: Architects' Corner: Models And 3D Fair by MidasTouche01(m): 9:46pm On Nov 30, 2016
Certifiedbillio:
Lumion and Vray, which one is best for rendering?

Depends solely on the person using it o, but it seems lumion can be used to complement vray....
Re: Architects' Corner: Models And 3D Fair by fizzy94(m): 2:25pm On Dec 05, 2016
MidasTouche01:

U can pm me, I'd design a very good design for a token amount...
How much please?
Re: Architects' Corner: Models And 3D Fair by MidasTouche01(m): 5:17pm On Dec 05, 2016
fizzy94:

How much please?

Mail me

Let's discuss
Re: Architects' Corner: Models And 3D Fair by haywire07(m): 6:16pm On Dec 10, 2016
1. 2bedroom @ Abuja . Construction about to commence

2. Living room design already in progress..

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Architects' Corner: Models And 3D Fair by MidasTouche01(m): 7:12pm On Dec 10, 2016
haywire07:
1. 2bedroom @ Abuja . Construction about to commence

2. Living room design already in progress..

Dope, as usual....

Nice work sire..

1 Like

Re: Architects' Corner: Models And 3D Fair by hysteriabox(m): 7:07am On Dec 12, 2016
Hi peeps. Top designs loading. ...
Enjoy your week

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Architects' Corner: Models And 3D Fair by MidasTouche01(m): 11:40am On Dec 12, 2016
hysteriabox:
Hi peeps. Top designs loading. ...
Enjoy your week

Hmmmm, I would love to see working drawings of this job... my interest was piqued by those fins, they seem to be holding the building which seems to b hanging...
Re: Architects' Corner: Models And 3D Fair by hysteriabox(m): 5:21pm On Dec 12, 2016
MidasTouche01:

Hmmmm, I would love to see working drawings of this job... my interest was piqued by those fins, they seem to be holding the building which seems to b hanging...

Yep. Its called the hanging loft. Very workable. Had significant input from my engineer ftiends. Hoping it flies to construction very soon
Re: Architects' Corner: Models And 3D Fair by MidasTouche01(m): 7:01pm On Dec 12, 2016
hysteriabox:

Yep. Its called the hanging loft. Very workable. Had significant input from my engineer ftiends. Hoping it flies to construction very soon

OK bro..
Re: Architects' Corner: Models And 3D Fair by Certifiedbillio(m): 8:41pm On Jan 31, 2017
Daddies and mummies in the house, pls anyone has Vray for revit or crack of Vray 3.4 for sketchup 2017

1 Like

Re: Architects' Corner: Models And 3D Fair by lajidson(m): 10:24pm On Jan 31, 2017
pls,anyone who knows any architectural consult for training should let me know.
Re: Architects' Corner: Models And 3D Fair by MidasTouche01(m): 11:15am On Feb 01, 2017
lajidson:
pls,anyone who knows any architectural consult for training should let me know.

In which state?
Re: Architects' Corner: Models And 3D Fair by MidasTouche01(m): 11:16am On Feb 01, 2017
Certifiedbillio:
Daddies and mummies in the house, pls anyone has Vray for revit or crack of Vray 3.4 for sketchup 2017

Have u checked 4shared.com
Re: Architects' Corner: Models And 3D Fair by Certifiedbillio(m): 9:12pm On Feb 01, 2017
MidasTouche01:

Have u checked 4shared.com
not yet sir
Re: Architects' Corner: Models And 3D Fair by MidasTouche01(m): 12:05pm On Feb 02, 2017
Certifiedbillio:
not yet sir

Search for it there, it should be
Re: Architects' Corner: Models And 3D Fair by MidasTouche01(m): 2:34pm On May 01, 2017
About Kitchen doors.

When kitchen doors serves as exit doors, they are to swing outwards towards the point of exit. For example a kitchen links to a verandah or a staircase, its best practice the door swings towards the verandah or the staircase. In case of fire outbreak, its a norm to always want to run out of the house completely and not to run into a compartment in the house that's also susceptible to get burnt. Except in cases where something valuable needs to be collected inside.

Whereas when kitchen doors link to a dining or another internal space, most of such swings into the kitchen. This case isn't mandatory though. Of importance here is circulation: Which space needs to have the best usable space not obstructed by a door swinging open or close. Another idea for this case, why many prefer the door opening into the kitchen is because most kitchens have the major areas of usage to the walls while dining or other areas have every areas of great importance. Also is the mode of conveying contents in and out of the kitchen.

Take for example, a food is dished out. You tend to carry them on a tray, which could be quite heavy and as such requires your drop the plate or the tray on a nearby counter just adjacent to the door, open the door, then move. Irrespective of where the door swings, moving food isn't much a problem when its served. But when you are clearing dirty dishes, you tend to pack as much plates as possible. These plates are empty and as such lack proper balance on what is used to carry them. Also, the nearest counter to drop to allow you open the door could mostly be at the centre of the space. If the door swings into the space and not the kitchen, movement is really challenging. But if the door swings into the kitchen, movement seem a bit easy.

In all, understand usage dynamics is best in determining where your door swings to. In summary, all exit doors should swing to the point of exit and doors should swing based on need for more circulation space, ease of movement, etc.

ImCo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Architects' Corner: Models And 3D Fair by structcorp: 3:47pm On Jun 25, 2017
please if you use lumion, kindly list your laptop model and spec. I want to get a lenovo w520 workstation but not sure how its nvidia quadro card responds to lumion. so I would love to hear suggestions from those who already use lumion.
Re: Architects' Corner: Models And 3D Fair by structcorp: 6:54am On Jun 26, 2017
hysteriabox:

Thanks. I use sketch and Lumion 3D.

pls whats ur system spec, particularly what model of graphics card are using with lumion? thanks
Re: Architects' Corner: Models And 3D Fair by structcorp: 6:54am On Jun 26, 2017
hysteriabox:
Morning peeps. Top designs here. Some years ago I started meddling in animation. Today I have advanced using Sketcchup, Lumion 3D and Esri city engine. I ll be sharing some of my works here cos I love this thread. I have never uploaded a video so I might not get it right but I ll try.
First is an animation I did for a client years ago. Its a 6 bedroom duplex with an indoor pool and a penthouse. I used Sketchup 8 and vray4sketchup
Enjoy
Pardon d quality cos I had to compress to save mb grin

pls whats ur system spec, particularly what model of graphics card are using with lumion? thanks
Re: Architects' Corner: Models And 3D Fair by hysteriabox(m): 7:21am On Jun 26, 2017
structcorp:

Hi.
I use a core i5 @ 2.7 mghz, 8gb, nvedia g-force 2g dedicated. Its pretty decent but I desire better
Re: Architects' Corner: Models And 3D Fair by structcorp: 8:17am On Jun 26, 2017
hysteriabox:

Hi.
I use a core i5 @ 2.7 mghz, 8gb, nvedia g-force 2g dedicated. Its pretty decent but I desire better

thanks alot for your reply. pls i would like to know the exact model of your nvidia card e.g nvidia gtx 960m. and possibly model of your laptop too.
Re: Architects' Corner: Models And 3D Fair by hysteriabox(m): 12:18pm On Jun 26, 2017
structcorp:

thanks alot for your reply. pls i would like to know the exact model of your nvidia card e.g nvidia gtx 960m. and possibly model of your laptop too.
I use a Toshiba. Graphic card is nvedia G-force GT 525m

1 Like

Re: Architects' Corner: Models And 3D Fair by structcorp: 7:13pm On Jun 26, 2017
hysteriabox:

I use a Toshiba. Graphic card is nvedia G-force GT 525m
wow! thanks alot for the reply. you just saved me alot of sleepless night. I wanted to get a laptop for lumion amd was considering lenovo w520, it has a 2gb dedicated nvidia quadro k2100m card. somehow i decided to check lumion 5's minimum system requirement, it indicated that i needed a graphics card with a passmark point of 2000. surprisingly this point is independent of graphics memory size, i discovered that even some 3gb dedicated cards fell short.. and the cards that made the cutoff score were pricey. so thought to ask those of you already using lumion what cards you have. if i were to go by that list, your card isnt suppose to support lumion as it only has a passmark point of 600.

cant kill myself, i would simply shop for laptops that has your card.
Re: Architects' Corner: Models And 3D Fair by hysteriabox(m): 8:49pm On Jun 26, 2017
structcorp:

wow! thanks alot for the reply. you just saved me alot of sleepless night. I wanted to get a laptop for lumion amd was considering lenovo w520, it has a 2gb dedicated nvidia quadro k2100m card. somehow i decided to check lumion 5's minimum system requirement, it indicated that i needed a graphics card with a passmark point of 2000. surprisingly this point is independent of graphics memory size, i discovered that even some 3gb dedicated cards fell short.. and the cards that made the cutoff score were pricey. so thought to ask those of you already using lumion what cards you have. if i were to go by that list, your card isnt suppose to support lumion as it only has a passmark point of 600.

cant kill myself, i would simply shop for laptops that has your card.
Lol
Well, going by the spec from lumion 5, I tot the best system to get is an Alienware or a 4th generation type machine. They are very pricey. On checking the odds, I opted to using this one and it works well. Although it requirws some small small ekpereji when doing high level/quality rendering, I must say its up n doing. Gud luck to u
Re: Architects' Corner: Models And 3D Fair by Timtol(m): 12:15pm On Aug 20, 2017
Happy to find a thread like this where architects n others share one mind on design.

I will like to update some of my designs as well.
I think it's something good.
Re: Architects' Corner: Models And 3D Fair by MidasTouche01(m): 6:21pm On Aug 21, 2017
Timtol:
Happy to find a thread like this where architects n others share one mind on design.

I will like to update some of my designs as well.
I think it's something good.

Welcome on board Timtol....

Looking forward to seeing your designs

1 Like

Re: Architects' Corner: Models And 3D Fair by Timtol(m): 10:59pm On Aug 21, 2017
MidasTouche01:

Welcome on board Timtol....
Looking forward to seeing your designs
Okay! no p
Re: Architects' Corner: Models And 3D Fair by Timtol(m): 11:05pm On Aug 21, 2017
My past rendering which was surprised of when my turned on it. Call,mail/whatsapp messages,likes,shares etc.
What do u think abt it? 5bedroom duplex. EXTERNAL DIMENSION: 14.025m by 9m

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Which Is Correct 'elder Brother' Or 'senior Brother' Or 'older Brother'? / Unn Primary List Is Out / Professor Okechukwu Ezeugwu Emerges As UNN New VC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.