Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,451 members, 7,850,575 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 04:26 AM

Do Investigative Journalism Still Existing In Nigeria? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Do Investigative Journalism Still Existing In Nigeria? (6886 Views)

Can A B.sc Holder In Banking And Finance Study Journalism In Masters? / Call For Application: 2017 Wole Soyinka Award For Investigative Journalism / Employment Opportunity For Someone With Social Media & Journalism Skills (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Investigative Journalism Still Existing In Nigeria? by LarryBeryl(m): 9:37am On Jul 10, 2016
Sunnycliff:
In Nigeria it doesn't except when they want to use it for political vendetta!

When you hear news about APC believe me PDP is paying, now that APC is going after all PDP scumbag ignoring those in APC. APC is also paying. Believe me, they are all being used!!!
Re: Do Investigative Journalism Still Existing In Nigeria? by ATERI(m): 10:03am On Jul 10, 2016
One of the funny things about Nigerians is that we don`t believe that every action has a consequence. Investigative journalism died in Octtober, 1986 when Babangida sent a letter bomb to one of the best journalists around- Dele Giwa was about to link drug peddling in Nigeria to the Babangida family. Having been to a couple of countries in my short life, I think I can say with confidence that Nigeria used to have one of the best print media in the world. The worst era in the history of Nigeria was the days of Sanni Abacha. From the first day of Sanni Abacha`s dictatorship till he eventually died in the company of prostitutes, the TELL magazine fought him and his fellow murderers relentlessly. What was your reaction the day Ibrahim Babangida sent a letter bomb to Dele Giwa? There was no reaction except from one man called Gani Fawehinmi

I mentioned TELL because it was a magazine that took on a deadly dictator inside Nigeria. Sahara Reporters is based in New York taking on politicians in Nigeria. Most of the news stories you guys are commending Sahara for were passed on to them by nervous Nigerian journalists that are based in Nigeria. Since Sahara Reporters is based in America, I`m waiting for the day it would start to bring the ugly sides of America- the terrible homelessness, the lunatic gun culture, the suffocating poverty, the pernicious racism etc, to the homes and officess of the Nigerian people. Truth is, Sahara would not last if it should start to criticize America while based in America. So blessed are those who can`t be silenced by any power- not by local power, not by foreign power, not by any power.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Investigative Journalism Still Existing In Nigeria? by Emmyk(m): 12:38pm On Jul 10, 2016
Of course. Investigative Journalism still does exist.

Just that, Journalists these days, are no more brave, like they were during the military days when IJ thrived...
Re: Do Investigative Journalism Still Existing In Nigeria? by ikdaddy01(m): 1:09pm On Jul 10, 2016
Have u read Premium Times? Then you woulnt be asking!
If u ve not, stop wasting money elsewhere....from MTN tax fraud, to Aso Rock cabals with Efcc.
I dont miss any.
Re: Do Investigative Journalism Still Existing In Nigeria? by thesaint24(m): 2:08pm On Jul 10, 2016
I believe investigative journalism does exist in Nigeria. As a matter of fact, investigative journalists abound in nigeria. Just that most of them have not been opportuned to exhibit their skills on popular media platforms like Channelstv, Tvcontinental and the likes. A very good example is Edmund Obilo.
Edmund Obilo is an unbiased and fearless investigative journalist. Obilo is a journalist that works with a private radio station, splash105.5fm in Ibadan, Oyo State. He is the anchor of the popular current affairs programme, "Voices'' on Splashfm. Voices is the state of the Nation. The programme is aired on Wednesdays ( 7a.m-11a.m) and on Saturdays (8a.m-11am). It is a live programme. Obilo also anchors "bull's eye" every Monday (11am-12noon).
I think you guys should make out time to listen to his shows and judge if truely, investigative journalism does exist in Nigeria.
Re: Do Investigative Journalism Still Existing In Nigeria? by Sodiq3(m): 2:59pm On Jul 10, 2016
Thanks to Sahara reporters. This is what i wrote last December on investigative reporting in Nigeria......
Re: Do Investigative Journalism Still Existing In Nigeria? by Sodiq3(m): 2:59pm On Jul 10, 2016
Thanks to Sahara reporters. This is what i wrote last December on investigative reporting in Nigeria......

http://my9jafan..co.ke/2015/12/opinion-sahara-reporters-face-of-modern.html?m=1
Re: Do Investigative Journalism Still Existing In Nigeria? by jerusalem101: 3:01pm On Jul 10, 2016
Aside from Saharareporters, the rest are all pay as you go in the hands of politicians
Re: Do Investigative Journalism Still Existing In Nigeria? by olamilekan360(m): 4:14pm On Jul 10, 2016
Op...Oh yes we do exist... I work with premium times
Re: Do Investigative Journalism Still Existing In Nigeria? by jocelyncherish: 6:42pm On Jul 10, 2016
@Op,i doubt if u even know the meaning of Investigative journalism,and if u do i wonder why u didn't give a brief definition.Atleast for d sake of your readers,because am sure sm don't even know wat you're trying to say+wat you're saying has notin do with investigative journalism,otherwise known as yellow journalism.So wen next you're writing,try to know aliitle about wat your subject matter right b4 posting anything.

1 Like

Re: Do Investigative Journalism Still Existing In Nigeria? by amodu(m): 7:03am On Jul 11, 2016
jocelyncherish:
@Op,i doubt if u even know the meaning of Investigative journalism,and if u do i wonder why u didn't give a brief definition.Atleast for d sake of your readers,because am sure sm don't even know wat you're trying to say+wat you're saying has notin do with investigative journalism,otherwise known as yellow journalism.So wen next you're writing,try to know aliitle about wat your subject matter right b4 posting anything.

You're very wrong, perhaps you haven't read through the comments. Do so and stop flying into conclusion.

Nairalanders need no definition because they're super intelligent, I don't know about you. Do you need the definition

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can My Brother Take My Government Job? / How Healthy Is Office Romance? / How To Become A Lecturer In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.