Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,713 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:36 PM

UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights (40582 Views)

RCCG Female Worker Sent Back Home For Wearing This To Church (Photo) / How Pastors Lead Their Children To Hell / 7 Values To Teach Our Children To Make Them Grow Into Godly Men And Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jul 10, 2016
1freshdude:

Lol...tell them to stop praying lets see if things will turn around please.
Gbam! Infact i am praying for nigeria not to stay together grin
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jul 10, 2016
EreluY:

Your analogy is fundamentally flawed. The Adam and Eve story is based on unverifiable and unfalsifiable 'truth' claims. Conversely, however, evolutionary biology and scientific knowledge are based on empirically testable, falsifiable and verifiable facts. I still maintain that the problem with the Nigerian education system is that it fails to promote critical thinking and rational autonomy.
Absolutely! you! Are very well learned and articulate. kiss tiri gbosaaa! For you!
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jul 10, 2016
EreluY:

The point you seem to be missing is that morality is logically independent of religion. Nigerians are religious yet highly immoral. As I've said before on this website, the most religious countries in the world (Nigeria, Pakistan, etc) are "the most fantastically corrupt"--remember that quote? Conversely, however, the least religious countries in the world (Sweden, Norway, Iceland, etc) are the least corrupt countries. Can you please explain why? Religion is a smokescreen, a mystical fog, a spiritual gin and ultimately the opium of the masses which distorts reality. Wake up and stop being deceived.
Very nicely put. Makes sense loads.
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by yeni2015(m): 8:07pm On Jul 10, 2016
1freshdude:

Lol...tell them to stop praying lets see if things will turn around please.
They will not stop praying , so that you and your non sense research and plans will not take over
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by emmand2(m): 8:11pm On Jul 10, 2016
Train up a child in the way he should grow,and when he is old he will never depart from it.
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by yeni2015(m): 8:15pm On Jul 10, 2016
gypsey:
and what makes you believe or think that nigeria will be good together or wants to stay together? Maybe the prayer for nigeria to stay together is the wrong one. It has to be with the way things are in nigeria at the moment grin
Can people walk or stay together unless they agree? Nigeria is still together because Nigerians agreed to stay together and that is why we have to pray for unity
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jul 10, 2016
maxit2:

Jesus !!!.. this comment is so dumb.
not just dumb it's inadequate infact the state mind of the individual who made thus comment needs questioning.
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jul 10, 2016
yeni2015:

Can people walk or stay together unless they agree? Nigeria is still together because Nigerians agreed to stay together and that is why we have to pray for unity
i am not sure were you get your ideas from, but not all nigerians wants or agreed to stay together. I believe they were forced to stay together. I for one did not agree or wants niigeria to stay together grin. Like the the same discussion about the UNs assertions on Religions i woke up through birth and realised that my parents are nigerians. Which i had no choice of grin it's forced on me had to accept grin
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jul 10, 2016
But they say children can make decisions for themselves, but their parents or guardians
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jul 10, 2016
Anthonio15:

The devil truly hails from USA but he partially resides in Nigeria that's why y there is hardship every where. You live in a bleeped up country and still call a well developed country devil residents lwkmd
that is a typical nigerian mindset. I remember one time a nigerian was insulting me for parking my "worwor" so he described it, car (A 2016 brand new SUV merc) on the way of his keke grin grin grin
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by terrezo2002(m): 8:55pm On Jul 10, 2016
New world Order. Their aim is wipe out Christianity from the world. They want to rewrite history where God would not be mentioned in creation. Create movies and cartoons that will eliminate the knowledge of God and promote the New world order. The music industry, politics and most business organization are selling it already. But you what? Jesus said I will build My CHURCH and the gates of hell will not prevail against it. The devil will always fail because Jesus Christ has conquered.
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by FrancisIgya: 9:07pm On Jul 10, 2016
Satanism at work. Lucifer employing all methods to dominate the world.
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by pinkyruledworld(m): 9:11pm On Jul 10, 2016
foolish oyinbos, they introduced religion to us and now telling us this shit. The British are indeed the ones tearing everything apart.

support Tkomzy
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by isaacdiamond(m): 9:53pm On Jul 10, 2016
guys this one is end time they want to stop christian fellowship in there schools or country
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by EreluY(f): 10:57pm On Jul 10, 2016
deprince0:

Foolish mind. Why do we want to erase God in our conscience. I will prefer to die to have this implemented. When you take away godliness from a child then what do u teach the child? I believe, you teach her amy winehouse who died of drug abuse or u teach him tupac shakur and snoop doggy dog. Teach the child tuface and tiwa savage. I repeat i rather die than not teaching my child godliness. At the end of the day, the same govf will judge my child and jail him for crime. Tufiakwa

[size=18pt]Where are all the children who were taught godliness in Nigerian schools in the 40s, 50s, 60, 70s, 80s, 90s. What have they done that makes Nigeria a godly country today? Do you get the point that morality is logically independent of religion.[/size]

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by cloudgoddess(f): 11:00pm On Jul 10, 2016
krak101:
This is ridiculous (if true). Even in the animal kingdom the newborns are taught the act of survival instinctively by their parents. You either learn and survive or you don't and die. Humans are not any different. So if it's not owk to teach a child religion, why teach them to eat,learn all sorts of abstracts things at school and so on. This guys got to be kidding or something angry
Children can survive just fine without religious dogma (and good ol' hell threats) injected into their impressionable minds before they can even think for themselves. In fact they'd be better off for it.

Children raised secular don't have to deal with all the cognitive dissonance & confusion that religiously indoctrinated kids are faced with once they start learning about science and philosophy and history. They don't have to be years behind in their education because of the resistance that naturally arises when they're faced with facts that contradict the bible (or Qu'ran or whatever).

I think if more people raised their children to be moral, hardworking, creative and compassionate without religion, we'd have more Mark Zuckerburgs in the world.

5 Likes

Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by EreluY(f): 11:00pm On Jul 10, 2016
FrancisIgya:
Satanism at work. Lucifer employing all methods to dominate the world.

[size=18pt]Satanism and Luciferianism are unverifiable categories.[/size]

1 Like

Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by EreluY(f): 11:03pm On Jul 10, 2016
cloudgoddess:

Children can survive just fine without religious dogma (and good ol' hell threats) injected into their impressionable minds before they can even think for themselves. In fact they'd be better off for it.

Children raised secular don't have to deal with all the cognitive dissonance & confusion that religiously indoctrinated kids are faced with once they start learning about science and philosophy and history. They don't have to be years behind in their education because of the resistance that naturally arises when they're faced with facts that contradict the bible (or Qu'ran or whatever).

I think if more people raised their children to be moral, hardworking, creative and compassionate without religion, we'd have more Mark Zuckerburgs in the world.

Welcome on board Sister. Let's open the eyes of fellow Africans that have become blindfolded by religious dogmas so our continent could become liberated. grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by manmidtexy(m): 11:35pm On Jul 10, 2016
falcon01:
Reports have it that a recent United Nations document condemned teaching kids about God saying it’s a violation of their human rights.
The UN Committee report on the rights of children indicated that such things like taking your child to church and schools where they’re forced to partake in Christian meetings is violating their human rights.
The document likened teaching kids Christianity to child labor. As learnt, it was complied by a group of ‘independent experts of high moral character’. Group members representing various countries demanded of the world to rise against laws enforcing daily acts of Christian worship at schools.
To them, such and similar religious enforcement, are capable of hampering on a child’s freedom of thought, conscience and religion.
Although the report was specifically meant to highlight possible ways Britain is violating the UN’s charter on the Rights of the Child, it made inferences to the world at large.
An excerpt from the document said: “the Committee is concerned that pupils are required by law to take part in a daily religious worship. Which is, wholly or mainly of a broadly Christian character in publicly funded schools in England and Wales. And, that children do not have the right to withdraw from such worship without parental permission before entering the sixth form.”
With the above, the Committee recommended that “the State party repeal legal provisions for compulsory attendance at collective worship in publicly funded schools and ensure that children can independently exercise the right to withdraw from religious worship at school.”
Already, parents can withdraw their children from collective worship in Britain. The Committee however, wants to hand the kids the right to take decision in this regard themselves. Many have lashed the report asking the compilers to honorably trash it. For instance, Parliament Minister David Burrowes said: “the collective act of worship is not an indoctrination exercise. It is recognizing and respecting the Christian heritage of the country and giving people an opportunity to reflect before the beginning of the day.”
Among other things, the document demanded of the British government to crush domestic abuse and protect kids from being spanked by their parents.

http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/united-nations-report-says-taking-children-to-christian-church-violates-their-human-rights/
source:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aWoF8DD9tA

Then, UN forcing by subtle selfishness of countries to join violates the country rights to live alone.
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by TalkingBird: 11:47pm On Jul 10, 2016
One day they will stop religion and those saying no now will agree then. God will put it in their heart to do so. Rev. 18:8
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by TMANO: 11:49pm On Jul 10, 2016
aaronson:
This is ignorance as many people that likes this post and share it doesn't mean you made sense, it just means they are as ignorant as you.
Great, now you think you have made sense right?
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by Perfectionist11: 6:22am On Jul 11, 2016
I've always thought that one of d most pathetic things in life z that @ a very young age,children are compelled & they maybe feel obliged to practice d same religion as em without getting d chance to ask questions about many incomprehensible theories..

Parents need to realise that d main purpose of religion is to add value to your life & help you face d end of your existence with serenity.

1 Like

Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by urahara(m): 8:21am On Jul 11, 2016
EreluY:

[size=18pt]Where are all the children who were taught godliness in Nigerian schools in the 40s, 50s, 60, 70s, 80s, 90s. What have they done that makes Nigeria a godly country today? Do you get the point that morality is logically independent of religion.[/size]

Talk about all the people that come out for altar calls every sunday

1 Like

Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by krak101(m): 9:32am On Jul 11, 2016
cloudgoddess:

Am not gonna bother on religious dogma but what I know is that Everybody needs God, irrespective of how you identify with him. I repeat EVERYBODY NEEDS GOD and that includes you. No-one can survive without him and the Bible (/koran) is God's manual for life. According to you, It's owk and normal for childrens resistance to come into play naturally when facts contradict with Bible( or koran) but it's not owk for the Bible (or koran) to contradict secular life You said and I quote "Children raised secular don't have to deal with all the cognitive dissonance & confusion that religiously indoctrinated kids are faced with once they start learning about science and philosophy and history"... I seriously don't know where you got your data from and am guessing by secular you mean children raised without morals and ethics You again said "I think if more people raised their children to be moral, hardworking, creative and compassionate without religion... The world" so tell me where these morals or sense of right or wrong comes from because if am to agree with you it simply means that the pedophile is justified for his bleeped up urge for kids, the terrorist is justified for his use of violence to convince unbelievers, the serial killers thirst for blood is justified and so on. My sister, the Bible (/koran) is a standard for rights and wrongs, dos and donts and until you find me something more comprehensive and convincing than the Bible (/koran) I remain a STAUNCH AND DEVOTED CHRISTIAN, I BELIEVE IN GOD AND THE HOLY BIBLE.
Great scientists like Copernicus, Galileo, Einstein, Newton and so on believed in God. However, their level of perception of God varied. Early Arabs despite their vast knowledge still believed in Allah. So I really don't know what you science wannabe is trying to say cause those greats who's been there and done that believe in God. Except for a few sha who think they've figured out the universe. See Ben Carsson na. My sister you need JESUS AND CERTAINLY THE BIBLE
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by Cksmile(m): 9:57am On Jul 11, 2016
Its high time we stop painting devil as 'black'. The Oyibos are the devil themselve
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by Freiburger(m): 10:22am On Jul 11, 2016
EreluY:

They grew up to become pastors of big churches. cheesy
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by electrokcoi(m): 7:50pm On Jul 11, 2016
so UN knows what human right is all about, but never said any thing about the innocent people who was killed by the Nigerian police and soldiers abi.....

#fuktheUN
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by achorladey: 9:45am On Jul 18, 2016
@EreluY it baffles me to know that in these modern age you still believe in the the tradition of men taught as doctrines and from your point of view critical thinking and reason will do humans lot of good in eliminating the problems the world is facing at large. That deep thinking help man to create weapons for mass destruction that will ruin the earth times over and your hope is based on that. Since the United nations stands for peace and security what peace have they given to the world. I rather believe in love your neighbours as yourself that is a statement coined not by man's deep thinking but by the sovereign ruler of the universe the same person that gave children as gifts to the parents. Every good gift comes from God(children) don't know how well you appreciate such gift if not by bringing them up in mental regulations of the giver of the gifts.
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by achorladey: 10:03am On Jul 18, 2016
@ Erelu Y get these straight....... If morality is independent of religion then who taught us killing a fellow human being is wrong since Cain felt it was not his duty to be his brothers keeper.
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by EreluY(f): 9:24pm On Jul 19, 2016
achorladey:
@EreluY it baffles me to know that in these modern age you still believe in the the tradition of men taught as doctrines and from your point of view critical thinking and reason will do humans lot of good in eliminating the problems the world is facing at large. That deep thinking help man to create weapons for mass destruction that will ruin the earth times over and your hope is based on that. Since the United nations stands for peace and security what peace have they given to the world. I rather believe in love your neighbours as yourself that is a statement coined not by man's deep thinking but by the sovereign ruler of the universe the same person that gave children as gifts to the parents. Every good gift comes from God(children) don't know how well you appreciate such gift if not by bringing them up in mental regulations of the giver of the gifts.

[size=16pt]At best, this is pure waffle: a pile of rubbish. I deal with empirically verifiable claims, not unverifiable assertions based on ancient folklores and mythologies. Thank you.[/size]
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by EreluY(f): 9:30pm On Jul 19, 2016
achorladey:
@ Erelu Y get these straight....... If morality is independent of religion then who taught us killing a fellow human being is wrong since Cain felt it was not his duty to be his brothers keeper.

[size=16pt]Go back to school (or pick any introductory level books) and study science, specifically, evolutionary biology as well as moral philosophy. If you still have to ask this same question, I'll be happy to answer your questions by way of clarifying what you already know.[/size]

[size=20pt]If you want to hide anything from a black man, put it in a book.[/size]
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by achorladey: 2:17pm On Jul 20, 2016
Nice reply @ Erelu Y, I am only delighted to say that, those who wrote the unverifiable assertion based on ancient folklores and mythology never argued with the philosophers and evolutionists of that era. If otherwise, many areas that these unverifiable assertion based on ancient folklores and mythologies that perfectly fit into what we now know as science would have been corrupted longtime ago. For example, imagine, Solomon, Jeremiah, Prophet Isaiah having arguments with the numerous philosophers in the Babylonian empire and the rest back then, that, the earth is spherical which am very sure the philosophers would have thought otherwise e.g flat or standing on the back of a tortoise resting on a huge elephant. My own little Col 2:8. Thanks!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

"Chris Okafor Heals Woman With Maggots In Her Private Part" / Strong Mystical Ase Soap That Will Make You Rich & Wealthy / Timi Dakolo Reacts To Busola Demanding N10 Million From Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.