Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,236 members, 7,818,792 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights (40585 Views)

RCCG Female Worker Sent Back Home For Wearing This To Church (Photo) / How Pastors Lead Their Children To Hell / 7 Values To Teach Our Children To Make Them Grow Into Godly Men And Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jul 10, 2016
UmmKhalifah:
that was den
false. I still see such here in Lagos. they use Cain to beat the children like animals.
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by dablazor: 1:28pm On Jul 10, 2016
Most comments on this thread are just so ignorant, the brainwash is so huge and palpable, it makes me sick.
Religion is truly an epidemic.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by axfix(m): 1:28pm On Jul 10, 2016
But why is this report particular with Christian Religion ... There is something phoney with this report.
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jul 10, 2016
Project400:
The report (if it exists) was quoted out of context.

Taking kids to church is entirely different from forcing non-christians to partake in christian prayers in schools.

If teaching our kids about Adam & Eve is violation, what do we call the teachings of evolution and science? Both teachings were imported to a country like Nigeria. In fact, given our babies food to eat is violation., we shouldn't give a day old baby milk when he has the choice to select pounded yam and ewedu.
guy you funny die.....sey u no go pick race if your a day old pikin dey demand for ewedu and pandi??
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by TANTUMERGO007(m): 1:29pm On Jul 10, 2016
ILLUMINATI FE TAKE OVER
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by goodforsomthing: 1:30pm On Jul 10, 2016
buharisbae:
Now everybody can attest to the fact that the devil truly hails from the US! this is like the most useless thing I've seen in my life so I shouldn't take my child to church by force? abi are u the one that gave me the child to train? all this westerner be thinking with their anus! now I can say we are truly in the END TIME!

The devil has finally taken over the US, everything that was practice in the ancient Sodom and Gomorrah before it was destroyed that is what the US is doing. Naijabet man say bso
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by mmsen: 1:31pm On Jul 10, 2016
This is what the report actually says for those seeking the truth:

Freedom of thought, conscience and religion

34. The Committee is concerned that pupils are required by law to take part in a daily religious worship which is “wholly or mainly of a broadly Christian character” in publicly funded schools in England and Wales, and that children do not have the right to withdraw from such worship without parental permission before entering the sixth form. In Northern Ireland and Scotland, children do not have right to withdraw from collective worship without parental permission.

35. The Committee recommends that the State party repeal legal provisions for compulsory attendance at collective worship in publicly funded schools and ensure that children can independently exercise the right to withdraw from religious worship at school.

It doesn't even mention church. It's talking about children being made to engage in acts of religious worship in state funded schools. The report was written with reference to children in the UK and the Crown dependencies.

1 Like

Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by Flyingngel(m): 1:31pm On Jul 10, 2016
Oh! It has finish. Slowly this so call international institutions are destroying our African morality.
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by erusen: 1:31pm On Jul 10, 2016
1freshdude:

You are a joker! When you give birth or if you have already, make sure your kids don't learn sciences, make them attend all the religious lessons you can find, so that their future will be very bright...Omo Nigeria is in trouble!
please shut the Bleep up,so if they want to learn science I should not take to church?,u wen u learn science what have done for Nigeria?
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by Pascal181: 1:32pm On Jul 10, 2016
End time revelations. These so called UN said unthill a child is 18+ he/she's still under their parent/guardian control and that their religion shld be his/her religion so why this at this time.

1 Like

Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by ated07: 1:32pm On Jul 10, 2016
This statement is from wrong authority, pls ignore.
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by Jesusloveyou: 1:32pm On Jul 10, 2016
aaronson:
This is ignorance as many people that likes this post and share it doesn't mean you made sense, it just means they are as ignorant as you.
i click like for that post, did u mean i am also ignorant, to tell children how Jesus love them is now a crime? clap for urself

1 Like

Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by damilareoye: 1:33pm On Jul 10, 2016
Lonnnnnggg hisssssssssssss..

Violation of human right kō, Compilation of human feelings ni.
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by erusen: 1:34pm On Jul 10, 2016
axfix:
But why is this report particular with Christian Religion ... There is something phoney with this report.
dude UN is mainly UK and America
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by sammy86dee: 1:35pm On Jul 10, 2016
[quote author=LoneRanger2 post=47395783]Who and Who unite inside the united nations? U really speak my mind
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by dallyemmy: 1:36pm On Jul 10, 2016
United Witches and Wizards? embarassed undecided angry
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by HighQue007: 1:36pm On Jul 10, 2016
Finally the world is waking up

1 Like

Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by oladipo322(m): 1:39pm On Jul 10, 2016
this oyinbo people sef, there head dey knock sumtimes
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by Jokerman(m): 1:39pm On Jul 10, 2016
Devil you can keep trying, buh we are of good cheer... our Lord Jesus Christ has overcome the world, and in him we are more than conquerors. ...So you and your agents of the anti christ can keep up, at the end the earth of the Lord and its fullness thereof....

So, Devil kip throwing the missiles. ..
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by 1freshdude: 1:40pm On Jul 10, 2016
erusen:
please shut the Bleep up,so if they want to learn science I should not take to church?,u wen u learn science what have done for Nigeria?
If I tell you how can you verify? Dimwit like you... all of you are claiming religious yet you leave very miserable and wretched lives, you are killed in droves in your worship centre and all your powerless god does is to ask you for more money through his representatives on earth. Fools all the things you use are made in secular countries yet you keep killing your self and remain in perpetual servitude because of religion...you guys should continu, If to say unah prayer dey work I for pray for you to die now now...make i send you go that heaven that is sweet like sugar and honey. Fool!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by Ronaldinnioh(m): 1:41pm On Jul 10, 2016
This is ridiculous (if true). Even in the animal kingdom the newborns are taught the act of survival instinctively by their parents. You either learn and survive or you don't and die. Humans are not any different. So if it's not owk to teach a child religion, why teach them to eat,learn all sorts of abstracts things at school and so on. This guys got to be kidding or something
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by Omeokachie: 1:41pm On Jul 10, 2016
E be like say the anti-christ don pay visa fee o!
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by yeni2015(m): 1:41pm On Jul 10, 2016
Taking children to shoprite , to party, to amusement park doesn't violate their right, but when you take children to the church of God it violate their right. All this nonsense research.
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by phanshark(m): 1:44pm On Jul 10, 2016
They are taking this child right ting too far.let them stop taking there own children to church or where ever but for me & my House we go they go church 4 ever.
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by drololaaof: 1:44pm On Jul 10, 2016
They have come again with their liberalism
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by 1freshdude: 1:45pm On Jul 10, 2016
yeni2015:
Taking children to shoprite , to party, to amusement park doesn't violate their right, but when you take children to the church of God it violate their right. All this nonsense research.

Nonsense research that produced the drugs that sustains your life, nonsense research that invented the very machine you use in typing this crap, nonsense research that produced everything you use in your house...what has your non-nonsense religion produced?
Wait I remember one, pastors with Jets and posh cars that nonsense research invented.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by ddaammyy(f): 1:46pm On Jul 10, 2016
chiefolododo:
The UN itself is a violation of human right. For example if I am the president of a country and the UN Secretary general says he is coming to my country , that is human right violation because I didn't invite him
hahhahaahhhaahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhaahhaah. This is soooo logical
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by rahman3853(m): 1:46pm On Jul 10, 2016
I know the oyinbo are crazzy but i dint know they this crazzy, so make i no teach my child the way of God but make i allow ppl he mix with at school teach him way of the devil...Antichrist is already here...this is what i deduce.
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by Leorichy: 1:46pm On Jul 10, 2016
ireneony:
This should also be applicable to islam.

hello missus
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by donj84: 1:46pm On Jul 10, 2016
falcon01:
Reports have it that a recent United Nations document condemned teaching kids about God saying it’s a violation of their human rights.
The UN Committee report on the rights of children indicated that such things like taking your child to church and schools where they’re forced to partake in Christian meetings is violating their human rights.
The document likened teaching kids Christianity to child labor. As learnt, it was complied by a group of ‘independent experts of high moral character’. Group members representing various countries demanded of the world to rise against laws enforcing daily acts of Christian worship at schools.
To them, such and similar religious enforcement, are capable of hampering on a child’s freedom of thought, conscience and religion.
Although the report was specifically meant to highlight possible ways Britain is violating the UN’s charter on the Rights of the Child, it made inferences to the world at large.
An excerpt from the document said: “the Committee is concerned that pupils are required by law to take part in a daily religious worship. Which is, wholly or mainly of a broadly Christian character in publicly funded schools in England and Wales. And, that children do not have the right to withdraw from such worship without parental permission before entering the sixth form.”
With the above, the Committee recommended that “the State party repeal legal provisions for compulsory attendance at collective worship in publicly funded schools and ensure that children can independently exercise the right to withdraw from religious worship at school.”
Already, parents can withdraw their children from collective worship in Britain. The Committee however, wants to hand the kids the right to take decision in this regard themselves. Many have lashed the report asking the compilers to honorably trash it. For instance, Parliament Minister David Burrowes said: “the collective act of worship is not an indoctrination exercise. It is recognizing and respecting the Christian heritage of the country and giving people an opportunity to reflect before the beginning of the day.”
Among other things, the document demanded of the British government to crush domestic abuse and protect kids from being spanked by their parents.

http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/united-nations-report-says-taking-children-to-christian-church-violates-their-human-rights/
source:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aWoF8DD9tA
then taking a child to school is violation of human right, telling a child to keep quiet while eating is violation of human right, telling a child to sleep around 9 saying its bed time is violation of human right, telling a child to be in the house at a specific time of the day is violation of human rights...God help Nigeria... pls tell UN that it is not a country with people bearing its name and having culture, so they should stop dictating and raising funny surveys...where did they even get their reports from, did they question the little children
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by erusen: 1:46pm On Jul 10, 2016
1freshdude:

If I tell you how you can go take verify? Dimwit like you... all of you are claiming religious yet you leave very miserable and wretched lives, you are killed in droves in your worship centre and all your powerless god does is to ask you for money through his representatives on earth. Fools all the things you use are made in secular countries yet you keep killing your self and remain in perpetual servitude because of religion...you guys should continu, I hope you make heaven!
you and your mother f*cking family are the ones who live in miserable lives,even in a faceless forum you think everyone is as poor as your motherf*cling mamma,I guess atheism has made you richer than dangote,all the things are made in secular country?,do you even all the things I use?,Bleep out of her mehn,I hope u make hell
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by Rockstar07: 1:47pm On Jul 10, 2016
This U.N. position is loopsided. It's not only in christaindom. The Muslim folks are also culpable of the violations. So an addendum on this position should be done which will encompass both the christain and the Muslim.

Thank you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Strong Mystical Ase Soap That Will Make You Rich & Wealthy / Timi Dakolo Reacts To Busola Demanding N10 Million From Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo / 8 Men Of God, Different 2015 Revelations – What Do We Believe?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.