Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,785 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:15 AM

UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights (40584 Views)

RCCG Female Worker Sent Back Home For Wearing This To Church (Photo) / How Pastors Lead Their Children To Hell / 7 Values To Teach Our Children To Make Them Grow Into Godly Men And Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by luluosas(m): 4:34pm On Jul 10, 2016
They are plain jokers.
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by Laid2001: 4:35pm On Jul 10, 2016
The title is sensational and not supported by the body of the write-up.
There is no where in the report where it says taking children to church violates their rights!!!!!

having said that, the report was about Britain and its forced devotion in Government schools. The report says children should not be forced to do christian devotions in government funded schools.!!! That is all.

Since children are not forced to do Islamic devotion,in government funded schools, same advise can not apply to Islam!

ireneony:
This should also be applicable to islam.
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by Fastpace(f): 4:50pm On Jul 10, 2016
More right issues are coming,this is just begining. persecution is loading... to its peak.
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by Roon9(m): 5:01pm On Jul 10, 2016
aaronson:
Although no source but its newsworthy and would really appreciate if this was real.

Teaching a child God/Religion is denying them of basic science to explore the world that's why religion has been banned in school in Australia and Netherland.

Teach a child how to think not what to think.

So I was at our monthly HSE meeting when I saw ur post. After reading your last sentence, I looked up at the projector and it read....: "what Dyu think"?
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by Lastine: 5:15pm On Jul 10, 2016
omo ale lawon UN yii faa
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by IrradiatoR: 5:27pm On Jul 10, 2016
Bunch of hypocrites in here . .

some are even trying to drag Islaam into it. . .
be sincere with yourselves. . .
you all have been supportive of their actions. . .

gradually, they are coming at you!!!
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by maxzzo1(m): 5:28pm On Jul 10, 2016
Spirit of end.....js imagine... na Wao.....
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by Funpeter: 5:35pm On Jul 10, 2016
neocortex:

The suicide bombers were also forced to pray five times a day.
Moral of this story is that child religious indoctrination is bad for
the society.
Na you sabi oooooooo as for me and my house we will serve the lord..........
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by MAGNETIC(m): 5:39pm On Jul 10, 2016
krak101:
This is ridiculous (if true). Even in the animal kingdom the newborns are taught the act of survival instinctively by their parents. You either learn and survive or you don't and die. Humans are not any different. So if it's not owk to teach a child religion, why teach them to eat,learn all sorts of abstracts things at school and so on. This guys got to be kidding or something angry
BEST COMMENT EVER
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by BirabilPaul(m): 5:43pm On Jul 10, 2016
Devilish report, antichristian foundations...

What would you say about Islam then.

Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by macof(m): 5:51pm On Jul 10, 2016
Project400:
The report (if it exists) was quoted out of context.

Taking kids to church is entirely different from forcing non-christians to partake in christian prayers in schools.

If teaching our kids about Adam & Eve is violation, what do we call the teachings of evolution and science? Both teachings were imported to a country like Nigeria. In fact, given our babies food to eat is violation., we shouldn't give a day old baby milk when he has the choice to select pounded yam and ewedu.

I just hope you have never claimed or will ever claim giving children facial marks of their sub ethnic group is a violation of their rights

1 Like

Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by macof(m): 5:55pm On Jul 10, 2016
Histrings08:
Too many stupid ideas coming from dis people dis days is appalling..

The idea of ur religion and ur god came from them

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by ngoziama: 5:56pm On Jul 10, 2016
falcon01:
Reports have it that a recent United Nations document condemned teaching kids about God saying it’s a violation of their human rights.
The UN Committee report on the rights of children indicated that such things like taking your child to church and schools where they’re forced to partake in Christian meetings is violating their human rights.
The document likened teaching kids Christianity to child labor. As learnt, it was complied by a group of ‘independent experts of high moral character’. Group members representing various countries demanded of the world to rise against laws enforcing daily acts of Christian worship at schools.
To them, such and similar religious enforcement, are capable of hampering on a child’s freedom of thought, conscience and religion.
Although the report was specifically meant to highlight possible ways Britain is violating the UN’s charter on the Rights of the Child, it made inferences to the world at large.
An excerpt from the document said: “the Committee is concerned that pupils are required by law to take part in a daily religious worship. Which is, wholly or mainly of a broadly Christian character in publicly funded schools in England and Wales. And, that children do not have the right to withdraw from such worship without parental permission before entering the sixth form.”
With the above, the Committee recommended that “the State party repeal legal provisions for compulsory attendance at collective worship in publicly funded schools and ensure that children can independently exercise the right to withdraw from religious worship at school.”
Already, parents can withdraw their children from collective worship in Britain. The Committee however, wants to hand the kids the right to take decision in this regard themselves. Many have lashed the report asking the compilers to honorably trash it. For instance, Parliament Minister David Burrowes said: “the collective act of worship is not an indoctrination exercise. It is recognizing and respecting the Christian heritage of the country and giving people an opportunity to reflect before the beginning of the day.”
Among other things, the document demanded of the British government to crush domestic abuse and protect kids from being spanked by their parents.

http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/united-nations-report-says-taking-children-to-christian-church-violates-their-human-rights/
source:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aWoF8DD9tA

Parliament minister david, God bless you and your family.your entire genenerations shall be blessed and great.now I know why britain still have sanity in schools and its environs.this is because they commit the days activities first into the hands of God Almighty. As for the bunch of animals that carried out research on this, you remain a terror and threat to human race.soon you shall all be taught a lesson by that Almighty Creator that you have decided to speak against.joblessness has also creeped into UN because this is the most useless research ever to be carried out by some bunch of animals.you better carry out a research and also let muslims know the implication of teaching children islam too and considering the rate at which recruitment into ISIS has increased.If you are not comfortable with that owithdraw your child from the school. BRITAIN, dont ever cow in to such demands from these unbelievers, keep up the good work.can they ever give such report in saudi because Christians are everything calm and leave everything in Gods hands. Give such report about islam and see how fire would have been roasting some UN houses.
Look at USA that has ignored the Christian religion on which America was founded and let me know how life in the US is especially amongst the children and youths.
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by loswhite(m): 5:58pm On Jul 10, 2016
aaronson:
Although no source but its newsworthy and would really appreciate if this was real.

Teaching a child God/Religion is denying them of basic science to explore the world that's why religion has been banned in school in Australia and Netherland.

Teach a child how to think not what to think.
how do u teach a child how to think? environment will always influence a child so one way or the other one person will always try to influence a child's thought
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by macof(m): 5:59pm On Jul 10, 2016
Iszboy:
white men always inviting the wrath of God to earth.

Why would a growing kid not know about his creator

And some african countries will adopt this.

Much pity for the coming generation.

if the wrath of God means infrastructural development, less poverty, more employment, stable power supply, advanced technology. .. then africa needs the wrath of this God

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by dablazor: 6:02pm On Jul 10, 2016
macof:

The idea of ur religion and ur god came from them
That is what I said.
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by maxit2(m): 6:04pm On Jul 10, 2016
chiefolododo:
The UN itself is a violation of human right. For example if I am the president of a country and the UN Secretary general says he is coming to my country , that is human right violation because I didn't invite him

Jesus !!!.. this comment is so dumb.

1 Like

Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by thedio(m): 6:07pm On Jul 10, 2016
frenchwine:

I tell you, it's even worse with Islam where little kids are literally forced by alfas and subjected to life changing flogging just to read and master the Quran.
There can't be a worse form of slavery than this.

u guyz should close ur mouth and follow ur master like zombie islam has notin to do with west theories
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by loswhite(m): 6:08pm On Jul 10, 2016
aaronson:
This is ignorance as many people that likes this post and share it doesn't mean you made sense, it just means they are as ignorant as you.
once somebody does not agree with your opinion the person is ignorant. if I may ask do ppl just wake up and start thinking? can u claim that the way u think now is not influence by anything
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by chiefolododo(m): 6:09pm On Jul 10, 2016
You are Antichrist
maxit2:

Jesus !!!.. this comment is so dumb.
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jul 10, 2016
It's not about parents taking their kids to church but about schools making their students partake in Christian rituals. HUGE DIFFERENCE!

Schools should should remain neutral and accomodate kids of all beliefs. Religious education should include all religions and thus be more comprehensive. Anything else is discrimination.
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by Ganjafama(m): 6:20pm On Jul 10, 2016
chiefolododo:
The UN itself is a violation of human right. For example if I am the president of a country and the UN Secretary general says he is coming to my country , that is human right violation because I didn't invite him
If the Sec
general of UN wants to visit a country there are protocols to follow. And you as the president cannot deny him a visa as long as your country is a member of UN.
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by slowice(m): 6:27pm On Jul 10, 2016
Hmm this is a new low for the UN..... Christians have suffered in this new world where everyone in power is biting the very finger that fed them... I wonder where this world is heading...... A world without religion? Hmm.
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jul 10, 2016
Laid2001:
[size=18pt]The title is sensational and not supported by the body of the write-up.
There is no where in the report where it says taking children to church violates their rights!!!!!

having said that, the report was about Britain and its forced devotion in Government schools. The report says children should not be forced to do christian devotions in government funded schools.!!! That is all.

Since children are not forced to do Islamic devotion,in government funded schools, same advise can not apply to Islam![/size]

Thank you!

I knew that the title was misleading as soon as I read it. I wonder why people don't care to question something that appears to be extremely illogical and excessive. Intellectual laziness? undecided
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by espn(m): 6:35pm On Jul 10, 2016
LucifersTongue:

My goodness!! How does human rights serve as premise for looting of the nation's wealth??

You have successfully destroyed logical reasoning.
if you can't decode my point..the best thing to do is to STFU..
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by Carter4luv(m): 7:00pm On Jul 10, 2016
Oh God please come and save ur people from dis uncircumcised philistine.
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by Anthonio15: 7:27pm On Jul 10, 2016
buharisbae:
Now everybody can attest to the fact that the devil truly hails from the US! this is like the most useless thing I've seen in my life so I shouldn't take my child to church by force? abi are u the one that gave me the child to train? all this westerner be thinking with their anus! now I can say we are truly in the END TIME!

The devil truly hails from USA but he partially resides in Nigeria that's wgy there is hardship every where. You live in a bleeped up country and still call a well developed country devil residents lwkmd
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by Anthonio15: 7:28pm On Jul 10, 2016
buharisbae:
Now everybody can attest to the fact that the devil truly hails from the US! this is like the most useless thing I've seen in my life so I shouldn't take my child to church by force? abi are u the one that gave me the child to train? all this westerner be thinking with their anus! now I can say we are truly in the END TIME!

The devil truly hails from USA but he partially resides in Nigeria that's why y there is hardship every where. You live in a bleeped up country and still call a well developed country devil residents lwkmd
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by Anthonio15: 7:30pm On Jul 10, 2016
buharisbae:

The devil truly hails from USA but he partially resides in Nigeria that's why y there is hardship every where. You live in a bleeped up country and still call a well developed country devil residents lwkmd
buharisbae:

buharisbae:

Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jul 10, 2016
ebuka1511:
the true fact whether we like it or not is the the world is coming to an end, and the whole world is gradually turning to a one government society, and the UN is a body towards the achievement of the one world government, the aim is to catch them young, indoctrinate the young ones that there is no God, soon all EU member countries will adopt this report, forget that this write up has no source. the reason I'm so happy for BREXIT, its the hands of the one world government project.
is it a coincidence that all acts previously condemned are not be accepted now in most society?
Look at American today, what do we see, the government of the Day fighting tooth and nail to ensure the freedom to own gun is abolished by the state. All the recent happenings in the USA are all part of the plan against the campaign for
Gun control, starting from 9/11, to the Orlando gay club shootings to the recent police shootings currently happening in the USA.
The true and naked truth is that the UN is an agent to be used for the NEW ORDER.
Clap for yourself for making no sense atall, all this your conspiracy theory is all in your imagination. New order does not exist!

1 Like

Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jul 10, 2016
1freshdude:

I am living in heaven already... unfortunately you have to wait till you die before you go to your own heaven(at least so your Pastor says) but the problem is that you all don't want to die...not even your Pastors!
Hell sounds looks like it's gonna be fun, I mean your Pastors say all the fun guys are gonna be there, only sheepish idiots like you with iq closer to 0 than 1 will look forward to going to a place similar to NORTH KOrea (following the descriptions if your masters) that all you will do is sing and praise some fucking white being from morning to night...no food or drink...just good for you. I pray you die tonight so you can get to heaven latest tomorrow. Mumu!
Absolutely! I am also living in heaven already grin grin i mean, what kinda God would want one to die before going to heaven or to meet him?(God)
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jul 10, 2016
yeni2015:
. The only thing that is still keeping Nigeria together till today is the prayers from the religious people you called non sense. I don't blame you anti-christ
and what makes you believe or think that nigeria will be good together or wants to stay together? Maybe the prayer for nigeria to stay together is the wrong one. It has to be with the way things are in nigeria at the moment grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Strong Mystical Ase Soap That Will Make You Rich & Wealthy / Timi Dakolo Reacts To Busola Demanding N10 Million From Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo / 8 Men Of God, Different 2015 Revelations – What Do We Believe?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.