Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,267 members, 7,818,923 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:10 AM

Christianity Fast Facts: 8 Things Christians Believe In - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christianity Fast Facts: 8 Things Christians Believe In (14739 Views)

12 Things Christians Should BEWARE Of / Why Do Christians Believe The Great Flood In Noah's Story Actually Happened? / Christianity Fast Facts:8 Things Christians Believe In (continued. From 10/7/16) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christianity Fast Facts: 8 Things Christians Believe In by Oahray: 3:10pm On Jul 10, 2016
Cutehector:
Collosians 2:9, Isa 55:8, 9 Matt28:19, 2nd Corinthains 13:14, Gen 1:26, John 1:1

Since u knw God created Jesus, because u were present wen he formed him

Don't say what u are not aware of young man, or u will be liable just like God was angry with Eliphaz in the book of Job.

why is it you, you and pastors generally, like to sell fear to people when they question the norm? Don't even bother, I'm not moved by threats cos I know better. God is not the merciless and vengeful being the majority of you paint Him indirectly with your words.

I'd talk about your cited verses and you in turn would answer just two questions, if you have an answer.

Col 2 : 9. King James version mentions 'Godhead', and other translations say it's the fullness of the divine quality. Which is correct? Read verse 10 too. We have acquired a fullness by means of him. A fullness of what? The Trinitarian Godhead? Does that make us part of the trinity too? Lol. Read John 1: 14 - 16 so you'd know what Jesus actually was filled with and how come how come his followers can have that fullness too.

Isa 55 : 8, 9. God's ways and thoughts are higher than ours. How does that make God a trinity? If that's support for a confused man-made doctrine as being from God, it's a poor attempt at best.

Matthew 28 : 19. So the fact that God, Jesus and the holy spirit are mentioned together makes them indistinguishable? Lol. Try this, does saying "the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob" mean the three persons are the same? Read verse 18. Who GAVE Jesus all authority? You cannot give what you don't have. Certainly that person (God) has all authority which Jesus did not have until he was GIVEN. How then are they equal?

2nd Corinthians 13 :14. That's a greeting. A wish that God's undeserved kindness and that of Jesus God's son be with them, and that they continue to have God's holy spirit. How does that make them a trinity? Because they are mentioned together? Read 1 Cor 15 : 19 and tell me if Aquila, Prisca and the church (congregation) in their house are also the same because they sent greetings together.

Gen 1: 26. Lol. Seriously? How does this even support the trinity?

John 1 : 1. This is the only verse in the whole Bible that looks like it's teaching trinity. However, if you compare translations like I always do you'd notice that the verse points to Jesus nature and not his entity. He is divine, the same nature with his father in heaven as well as the angels - he was a mighty spirit in heaven. What John 1 : 1 - 18 is pointing out is the fact that Jesus existed in a far greater form in heaven before being born as a human (a mortal).

Bring more verses if you will...

Now my questions...

1) To beget means to become the father of a child either when the child is born or adopted. If Jesus has always existed and wasn't created at some point, why is he called the only-BEGOTTEN son of God?

2) Colossians 1 : 15 calls Jesus the firstborn of creation. Revelation 3 : 14 calls Jesus the beginning of the creation by God (some translations use 'of' instead of 'by', doesn't matter) same way Jacob called Reuben his firstborn and the beginning of his powers (of procreation). Now, how is Jesus the firstborn of creation if he wasn't created? Some say it is just rank, well the president (number one citizen) of Nigeria is also a Nigerian. No?
Re: Christianity Fast Facts: 8 Things Christians Believe In by michaelwestern(m): 3:39pm On Jul 10, 2016
youngaz:
lezz get diz straight....yes God called Jesus His son wat am saying is it doesn't necessarily means ao u guyz take d term "son"....Y'all are saying God gave birth 2 Jesus without sexual intercourse or tru miracle....bt no,He's just referring 2 Jesus as son in a general term,it doesn't mean God "gave birth to Jesus" as it's all being said in diz part of d world.....You are a son of God (yes or no) i am a son of God (Yes)grin why because we all follow His teaching nd wat u're trying to do here is 2 make God known to d pple so dat makes u a son of God!....so does dat now mean God gave birth 2 u miraculously??....NO!....there are many pple dat God loves in diz world and if God can talk to dem He'll say "my son".....because dey are doing His wills.....does dat mean it's God dat gave birth 2 dem??....Thank you once again *winks*

Are you trying to say that you're in the same class with Jesus? John 3:16 calls Jesus the only begotten son of God. We're children of God by adoption but Jesus Christ is the only begotten son of God and He Himself is also God. Peace.
Re: Christianity Fast Facts: 8 Things Christians Believe In by Oahray: 3:52pm On Jul 10, 2016
michaelwestern:

Are you trying to say that you're in the same class with Jesus? John 3:16 calls Jesus the only begotten son of God. We're children of God by adoption but Jesus Christ is the only begotten son of God and He Himself is also God. Peace.
You mean Jesus is his own son? Is that what Jesus taught?
Re: Christianity Fast Facts: 8 Things Christians Believe In by sunnexity(m): 4:24pm On Jul 10, 2016
Horlufemi:
I believe in God the father, Good the son. the holy spirit is a manifestation if their power.

quote me and be ignored

See u !!!wrong English,good the son
Re: Christianity Fast Facts: 8 Things Christians Believe In by abdulkabirO(m): 7:00pm On Jul 10, 2016
Famouson:
The term "Christian" is a relatively broad term, with approximately 78 percent of Americans identifying themselves as such. Specific beliefs vary from denomination to denomination, even person to person, but core values and principles often remain the same from one church to another.

Below are a few Christianity fast facts about eight Christian beliefs:

1. ONE GOD: Christianity is founded on the belief that there is one God composed of three distinct persons: God the Father, Jesus Christ his Son, and the Holy Spirit. They serve distinct purposes but are one as a deity.

2. GOD CREATED THE WORLD: Christians believe God created the world in six days, resting on the seventh. They believe man is His most prized creation.

3. GOD'S SON IS JESUS: Jesus Christ is God's Son and the only way to salvation and forgiveness of sins. Christians believe he was sent to earth, born from a virgin, was crucified, and rose from the dead in three days so that man's sins could be forgiven once and for all.

4. THE BIBLE: Christians' holy book, the Bible, is believed to be God's inspired word, a historical document, and a guide for faithful living.

5. SIN: Christianity teaches that all people are born into sin and no one is good enough to earn salvation. It's this sin that separates mankind from God with whom they can only be forgiven and justified through belief in God.

6. SALVATION: This can only be achieved through repentance of sins and belief in Jesus Christ and His death and resurrection. Only then can Christians have a relationship with God that was only made possible through Christ's sacrifice.

7. AFTERLIFE: Most Christians believe in a Heaven and Hell, eternal destinations for those who have been saved and those who are not, respectively. Heaven is a paradise reserved for believers and Hell a place of torment for those who have rejected God.

8. ANGELS AND DEMONS: It is believed that there are beings, created by God, that influence mankind. Angels strive to further God's purpose and message and demons' goal is to lead people away from God under the leadership of Satan or the Devil. Many believe the two armies are constantly at war for the souls of humanity.

I don't eeven understand, how come they re varieties of Christianities,some don't believe in one god,some believe Jesus is the son of God, some will just say they don't like KJV of the bible,also why do we even have many bibles?is it not the book of god,Why does it have versions, I need answers ,intelligent ones
Re: Christianity Fast Facts: 8 Things Christians Believe In by OlivetBen(m): 7:56pm On Jul 10, 2016
Ahmedhussain3463:
God has no son and e never birthed any body!if adam witout father or mother is nt qualify to b God son den God has no son!we av more dan 1001 quotations in d quran dt says God has no son!
Why can't u focus on ur quran and stop medelling on other people's religion. U can believe whatever u want to believe but we christians believe that there is God the father, Jesus Christ the Son and the Holy Ghost.
Re: Christianity Fast Facts: 8 Things Christians Believe In by hayzed1090: 9:33pm On Jul 10, 2016
hotspec:

and is it Allah dt said dt or PM(SAW) give me d verse let me open it.

I think u are mistaking the qurian for bible where there are so many writers ... The qurian is the word of Allah and not the prophets' (s.a.w). The words and teachings of the prophets and His companions are contained in the Hadith. I encourage u to seek more non - sentimental knowledge about islam first.

To answer ur question. Ayah 85 of Surat Al Imran. Thanx
Re: Christianity Fast Facts: 8 Things Christians Believe In by Bnladan(m): 10:34pm On Jul 10, 2016
malvisguy212:
alright, I will give you two verse in the quran which muhammed fail to explain to you guys.

Surah 3:45: Behold! The angels said: “O
Mary! Allah giveth Thee glad tidings of a
WORD FROM HIM: his name will be Christ
Jesus. The son of Mary, held in honor in this
world and the Hereafter and of (the
company of) those nearest to Allah;” (Yusuf
Ali)

Surah 4:171: “Christ Jesus the son of Mary
was (no more than) an apostle of God, and
HIS WORD, which he bestowed on Mary,
and a Spirit proceeding from him: so believe
in God and His apostles.” (Yusuf Ali)

In Surah 4:171, Jesus is called, “His Word.”
And in Surah 3:45 the Qur’an states that Allah
gave Mary a glad tidings “of a Word from
Him.” In the original Arabic, the expression
used here is “kalimatim-minhu.” It means
kalmia (word), min (from), hu (him). It is of vital
importance for Muslims to note that Jesus is the only Prophet who ever lived, who is called a Word from God. The quran never explain why such title was given to jesus. Century before the quran come into existence, the same title was given to jesus in the bible (john 1:1) and the reason were stated.

But why is Jesus called the “Word of God”? In
view of the fact that the Qur’an attributes this
title to Jesus without explanation, it is in the
Bible that we find the ultimate meaning of this
term. He is designated as such not only during
his life here on earth but also during his pre-
human spirit existence in heaven.

Secondly, did you know that jesus is the ONLY prophet in the quran which is call " SPIRIT FROM GOD"?

Surah 4:171: “The Messiah, Jesus son of
Mary, was (no more than) an apostle of
Allah, and His Word, which He bestowed on
Mary, and A SPIRIT FROM HIM"

The words used in Surah 4:171 are ruhun-
minhu, “a Spirit from him.” Thus, the Qur’an
clearly describes the human, Jesus, as a Spirit
from God himself. With Jesus being the only
exception, no humans are ever depicted as
such. However, no attempt is made to explain
this absolutely unique statement of belief in the Qur’an. Yet, the Qur’an strongly supports the Christian belief that Jesus was a pre-existing Spirit creature who took on a human form. Surah 4:171 presupposes that Jesus existed before he was conceived by a virgin-woman.

Now my question to you is, HOW DO YOU RECONCILE the title given to jesus in the bible as the son of God and the ones in the quran as the word and spirit of God ? Thank you.
even if I am 2 believe all dis ur assertion, u've stil not answered my Q. The statement, I need.
Re: Christianity Fast Facts: 8 Things Christians Believe In by Horlufemi(m): 11:29pm On Jul 10, 2016
sunnexity:

See u !!!wrong English,good the son

It's a typo. Try using Google keyboard and try swiping God it always gives me good and I didn't proof read b4 checking.

Sorry for my bad English
Re: Christianity Fast Facts: 8 Things Christians Believe In by Horlawale1(m): 7:19pm On Jul 11, 2016
Horlawale1:
Questions have been looking for the answers in the Bible.

Which verse can I find the word Bible in the Holy Bible??

Where can I find the word Christianity and not Christians in the Bible??

The word christain was first use by a pagan in the Bible. Y??

Not and extremist just wanted to learn.

So we know get any pastor to enlighten us on this simple questions.
And we all carry this Bible everyday, without knowing any reference to it.
My people perish because they lack knowledge. Also in the Bible lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Christianity Fast Facts: 8 Things Christians Believe In by Horlawale1(m): 7:22pm On Jul 11, 2016
[quote author=Oahray post=47400237] You mean Jesus is his own son? Is that what Jesus taught? [/quote

Confusionist grin] grin grin tongue
Re: Christianity Fast Facts: 8 Things Christians Believe In by kayceeD2(m): 8:42am On Jul 20, 2016
hotspec:

HOLY BIBLE simply means a collections of HOLY SCRIPTURES. And if u read ur Bible very well, u will see words like Books of d Law, chronicles, scriptures etc used multiple times. They are all compiled into what is called d HOLY BIBLE. It takes insight to understand the mystery about God!

Yes, Jesus Christ was a prophet/messenger/ servant of God....(when He was in human form on earth). But he is a SON of God. Let me ask u ds, if ur father says or identify u re his son, and a 2 year old boy who just retured from another part of d country yesteday says u re not ur fathers son bco ur father cannot have a son without a wife, Who would u believe... ur father or d small boy?
GOD says Jesus is His son, then who am I to say He is not. Read d attached scriptures in ur Bible (google online bible if u dont have one) Remember, Prophet Mohammed (SAW) came over 600 years after Jesus has left, so he never witnessed anything about him except for what he read from scriptures and other literatures. So how could he give proper account of what he never experienced? If Go has power to create everything, He has d power to have a son without a wife! Dont u believe dt?
Can u give me 5 reasons y u said Jesus is the son of God
2: from ur bible who is the first son of God?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Prophet TB Joshua's 50th Birthday / 5 Types Of Church Members you come across every sunday / Pastor Adeboye: God Hasn’t Told Me Who Will Be President In 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.