Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,928 members, 7,952,736 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 10:35 PM

My Experience In The Nigerian Job Market - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Experience In The Nigerian Job Market (13357 Views)

How Important Is Getting A Professional Certificate In Nigerian Job Market?? / Ordeals Of A Nigerian Job Seeker In Pictures / Dear Nigerian Job Interviewers, Please Stop Stressing Us (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience In The Nigerian Job Market by telim: 6:52am On Jul 11, 2016
you don't need a paper CV or the useless certificate.. just get the fucking skills. Tell the recruiters you are a professional and use the review from your freelance clients as a prove. This works 100% any day any time. just make sure you got skills with a good profile on upwork or freelancer and genuine reviews. These is 2016 for God sake you got no skills then you do not deserve a job. except those that pays stipends

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience In The Nigerian Job Market by ngoben(f): 6:53am On Jul 11, 2016
Jobberman n co r sooo over rated...hv given up on dem for real
Re: My Experience In The Nigerian Job Market by Spells(m): 6:58am On Jul 11, 2016
No connection no job.... Even phyno talk say make u no mess with him connect.... I still dey weep for naija
Re: My Experience In The Nigerian Job Market by Abeos(m): 7:07am On Jul 11, 2016
Connection..
Re: My Experience In The Nigerian Job Market by dahunsy(f): 7:09am On Jul 11, 2016
Coughs*** clears throat# diff strokes for diff folks
Re: My Experience In The Nigerian Job Market by millionboi(m): 7:10am On Jul 11, 2016
Even to make FP on nairaland u must b connected to any of d moderator or Seun.........corruption is evriwie in naija

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience In The Nigerian Job Market by Femich18(m): 7:30am On Jul 11, 2016
You are right bro...I will surely go with that your option 3 and 5. it make senses baje
Re: My Experience In The Nigerian Job Market by Benbelor(m): 7:38am On Jul 11, 2016
Every Job pursuit tip on niaraland must end in Pray pray pray!!! Nwanne man knee don dey peel sotey...

1 Like

Re: My Experience In The Nigerian Job Market by mr2kay(m): 7:50am On Jul 11, 2016
So no one is seeing the fact that the op got a job just from he's dad, what about those who don't have such.We all should search for a week or two and quit abi undecided
Re: My Experience In The Nigerian Job Market by babyfaceafrica: 7:54am On Jul 11, 2016
mr2kay:
So no one is seeing the fact that the op got a job just from he's dad, what about those who don't have such.We all should search for a week or two and quit abi undecided
forget the dad aspect first....what OP meant is that connection is important,(friend,neighbour,gf,bf,close people)....
Re: My Experience In The Nigerian Job Market by OnWebTech: 7:58am On Jul 11, 2016
oshey Op....simple truth
Re: My Experience In The Nigerian Job Market by nanizle(m): 8:04am On Jul 11, 2016
ArcFresky:
Recently became employed and i wish to share my experiences.
  I graduated from a renowned Nigerian instution with a 2.1 in architecture and a 4. Cgpa in masters. My skills included knolwledge in almost all relevant architectural software and general computing, so job humt must be easy right?

4. Be humble and honest. Ur cv is probably not the best, plus honesty pays...

5. Pray pray pray..

Prayer is unnecessary... It does nothing. Except if you mean prayer gives you some sort of psychological satisfaction.

Good advice tho.
Re: My Experience In The Nigerian Job Market by Emmysteve(m): 8:05am On Jul 11, 2016
Toluwani111:
GREAT NAIRALANDERS!

please Advice me

I want to buy a android phone with quality camera, long last battery, rugged, 4.5 inches or 5 inches, removable battery, Can carry large number of applications
Which one best suites that specifications.
NB: my budget is #15,000- #20,000
kindly QUOTE ME with your suggestion.
Thanks
Gionee M3minin
Re: My Experience In The Nigerian Job Market by Venom104: 8:06am On Jul 11, 2016
[quote author=ArcFresky [/quote]
Just 2 weeks of searching?? Congrats anyway..
We should network.. I'll PM You
Re: My Experience In The Nigerian Job Market by OnWebTech: 8:08am On Jul 11, 2016
Toluwani111:
GREAT NAIRALANDERS!

please Advice me

I want to buy a android phone with quality camera, long last battery, rugged, 4.5 inches or 5 inches, removable battery, Can carry large number of applications
Which one best suites that specifications.
NB: my budget is #15,000- #20,000
kindly QUOTE ME with your suggestion.
Thanks
Tecno L5 has 5000mah and it's just 20k
Re: My Experience In The Nigerian Job Market by firstfuckson: 8:10am On Jul 11, 2016
What this op said is total crap. I got a job in this country without knowing anyone. He is just a spoilt brat who I believe got his grades by his father helping him sort lecturers. Make a good CV, search for jobs on the internet, upgrade your knowledge where necessary, and above all be hopeful and prayerful. Not everybody has a father who is influential. I am sure his father had to work for his own success.
Re: My Experience In The Nigerian Job Market by NifemiOlu(m): 8:19am On Jul 11, 2016
firstfuckson:
What this op said is total crap. I got a job in this country without knowing anyone. He is just a spoilt brat who I believe got his grades by his father helping him sort lecturers. Make a good CV, search for jobs on the internet, upgrade your knowledge where necessary, and above all be hopeful and prayerful. Not everybody has a father who is influential. I am sure his father had to work for his own success.

Lol. He has 4. stuff in Masters. I don't even understand that. Masters is graded in 2 digits (except there's a certain arrangement for Architecture) e.g 60 points which qualifies one for PhD or 55-59 points which makes one eligible for MPhil.
I don't understand his 4. thingy. Maybe that's why he's suggesting one cannot a job without connections.
Re: My Experience In The Nigerian Job Market by ebujany(m): 8:21am On Jul 11, 2016
Sempumping:
embarassed Op biko can I be your sister

Will think about it
Re: My Experience In The Nigerian Job Market by gungab(m): 8:22am On Jul 11, 2016
ArcFresky:
  I graduated from a renowned Nigerian instution with a 2.1 in architecture and a 4. Cgpa in masters. My skills included knolwledge in almost all relevant architectural software and general computing, so job humt must be easy right?

;DHowever i wanted a job by searching on my own. this led me to scurrying through jobberman, texing and mailing numerous online firms, calling various firms listed in the registered architects booklet.

I got some offers, but the pay and work environment was discouraging.   After 2 weeks of looking... I humbly went back to my dad (who i had earlier refused his offer)  and just like magic, got a call from a nice firm to come and start work asap.

Anyways the point is.

1. Jobberman is now crap.. Nigerians have spoilt it with spam (got a lotta fake mails, plus jobberman kept advertising a cv rewrite (5k)  and online courses.

2. Jobs are near u. Check online using google maps or directories. For example i used archon register of architects, Gave me a localised list of numbers and mails

3. C.V's? Crap....show them what u can offer... c.v is just a formality. Peeps at my workplace havent even seen my C.V.

3. C.v's are good, but are better with connections.... Find an influential person and disturb the crap out of his/her life.

5. Pray pray pray..

op,can you suggest any biz management directory I can use
thanks
btw today is my birthday
show some love

1 Like

Re: My Experience In The Nigerian Job Market by histemple: 8:27am On Jul 11, 2016
ArcFresky:
The point is to be creative and back ur efforts with connections

Creative in your search.

Get connected.

You have shown a good understanding of the Nigerian Labour Market.
Re: My Experience In The Nigerian Job Market by sahm4u2nv(m): 8:31am On Jul 11, 2016
Ukeachu1:
can u meet ur dad on my behalf. make this testimony make sense wella
God bless you, you just made me laugh this new week, laughter will never depart from you
Re: My Experience In The Nigerian Job Market by Nobody: 8:35am On Jul 11, 2016
ebujany:

Will think about it
undecided Huh! Hope yur dad has connections oo cos you aren't Op
Re: My Experience In The Nigerian Job Market by Odunharry(m): 8:42am On Jul 11, 2016
ArcFresky:

;DHowever i wanted a job by searching on my own. this led me to scurrying through jobberman, texing and mailing numerous online firms, calling various firms listed in the registered architects booklet.

I got some offers, but the pay and work environment was discouraging.   After 2 weeks of looking... I humbly went back to my dad (who i had earlier refused his offer)  and just like magic, got a call from a nice firm to come and start work asap.

Anyways the point is.

1. Jobberman is now crap.. Nigerians have spoilt it with spam (got a lotta fake mails, plus jobberman kept advertising a cv rewrite (5k)  and online courses.

2. Jobs are near u. Check online using google maps or directories. For example i used archon register of architects, Gave me a localised list of numbers and mails

3. C.V's? Crap....show them what u can offer... c.v is just a formality. Peeps at my workplace havent even seen my C.V.

3. C.v's are good, but are better with connections.... Find an influential person and disturb the crap out of his/her life.

5. Pray pray pray..
I totally agree with the honesty part.
Re: My Experience In The Nigerian Job Market by bigtt76(f): 8:46am On Jul 11, 2016
Nigeria Educational System use CGPA while UK and other European Universities use point system. What OP meant was that he got a 4.00 CGPA in his Masters.

NifemiOlu:

Lol. He has 4. stuff in Masters. I don't even understand that. Masters is graded in 2 digits (except there's a certain arrangement for Architecture) e.g 60 points which qualifies one for PhD or 55-59 points which makes one eligible for MPhil.
I don't understand his 4. thingy. Maybe that's why he's suggesting one cannot a job without connections.

1 Like

Re: My Experience In The Nigerian Job Market by bigtt76(f): 8:47am On Jul 11, 2016
When connections is needed to pass CV or get a job ...then its no longer by merit undecided

ArcFresky:

Anyways the point is.

5. Pray pray pray..
Re: My Experience In The Nigerian Job Market by ebujany(m): 8:59am On Jul 11, 2016
Sempumping:

undecided Huh! Hope yur dad has connections oo cos you aren't Op

u still want to be my sister or not? undecided
Re: My Experience In The Nigerian Job Market by Ukeachu1(m): 9:01am On Jul 11, 2016
sahm4u2nv:

God bless you, you just made me laugh this new week, laughter will never depart from you

amen. thanks bro. but I meant it o
Re: My Experience In The Nigerian Job Market by Nobody: 9:03am On Jul 11, 2016
Ngwanu, gimme your dad's number na
Re: My Experience In The Nigerian Job Market by meltiplexer: 9:13am On Jul 11, 2016
You have to known somebody that know some one for you to get a correct job in this country,most companies staff get there jobs through knowing somebody. If you summit your C V, and waiting for call na OYO you dey o. Naijabet man say so
Re: My Experience In The Nigerian Job Market by sahm4u2nv(m): 9:16am On Jul 11, 2016
Ukeachu1:

amen. thanks bro. but I meant it o
oh! I'm also in your shoe, our testimony s next, keep the faith

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

As A Microbiologist, Can I Apply To Shell Or Chevron? / How Do Lagos People Get Job Updates/vacancies / 3 Steps To Get A High Paying Job In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.