Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,042 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God (24921 Views)

Is It Only Africans That Believe In The Existence Of Ghosts And Witches? / The Best Argument For The Existence Of GOD / Do You Actually Believe In The Existence Of Witches And Wizards? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God by thehomer: 4:59pm On Jul 21, 2016
UyiIredia:

But neurons firing is obviously different from the consciousness it produces. Neurons firing is not consciousness though it effects it.

Then what is your problem? You agree that neurons firing cause consciousness but you're confused because it is subjective? The fact that consciousness is caused by neurons firing is all that needs to be known.

UyiIredia:

No. It was inferred from the presence of consciousness. I'd you don't want to make the only rational inference to be made I can understand.

How did you make this inference because your premise wasn't good enough to make that inference. Your inference is just an empty assertion based on poor reasoning.

UyiIredia:

Natural selection is the differential survival of organism's better suited to their environment. It has nothing to.do with the genetic code and certainly cannot add new genetic information.

It has everything to do with new genetic information. Look at the next sentence you copied from Wikipedia.

Wikipedia:
It is a key mechanism of evolution, the change in heritable traits of a population over time.

What do you think heritable traits refers to?

UyiIredia:

Forgive away you brainless oaf.

I forgive you again child. Go and stop acting like a punk child.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God by UyiIredia(m): 6:06pm On Jul 21, 2016
thehomer:

Then what is your problem? You agree that neurons firing cause consciousness but you're confused because it is subjective? The fact that consciousness is caused by neurons firing is all that needs to be known.

No. Because consciousness is something different from firing neurons. That makes all the difference.

thehomer:

How did you make this inference because your premise wasn't good enough to make that inference. Your inference is just an empty assertion based on poor reasoning.

The only one whose reasoning is poor is yours.

thehomer:

It has everything to do with new genetic information. Look at the next sentence you copied from Wikipedia.

What do you think heritable traits refers to?

Ah ! But how does this change occur. Not by adding new genetic information but by the death of unfit organisms and the flourishing of a better fit species. So in the end it still has nothing to do with the genetic code of a species.

thehomer:

I forgive you again child. Go and stop acting like a punk child.

Continue forgiving you brainless buffoon.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God by felixomor: 6:22pm On Jul 21, 2016
No neurons in the brain have actually been found to be the reason behind consciousness.
Because even in the unconscious state, those neurons still fire.
Had consciousness been a product of neurons firing, by now many people in vegetative states could have been restored over the years, by medics simply triggering the neurons to fire.

So consciousness remains 'unseen and untrapped' or limited to any physiological mechanism.
Re: Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God by thehomer: 4:38pm On Jul 22, 2016
UyiIredia:

No. Because consciousness is something different from firing neurons. That makes all the difference.

I didn't say they were the same. I said one caused the other.

UyiIredia:

The only one whose reasoning is poor is yours.

How did you make your inference? I know you have poor thinking abilities and I've shown it but this is just your childishness manifesting itself.

UyiIredia:

Ah ! But how does this change occur. Not by adding new genetic information but by the death of unfit organisms and the flourishing of a better fit species. So in the end it still has nothing to do with the genetic code of a species.

Please take an elementary course in biology because you clearly are out of your depth. Fitness has nothing to do with genes? This sort of ignorance while speaking on these issues is just mindboggling. Take the time to read the Wikipedia article you started quoting because it looks like you don't understand what was written in it.

The very second paragraph says:

Wikipedia:
Variation exists within all populations of organisms. This occurs partly because random mutations arise in the genome of an individual organism, and offspring can inherit such mutations. Throughout the lives of the individuals, their genomes interact with their environments to cause variations in traits.

Learn to read please.

UyiIredia:

Continue forgiving you brainless buffoon.

And I forgive you again little punk.
Re: Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God by thehomer: 4:47pm On Jul 22, 2016
felixomor:
No neurons in the brain have actually been found to be the reason behind consciousness.
Because even in the unconscious state, those neurons still fire.

This is of course false. Look up the reticular activating system. It is a cluster of neurones that are involved in wake, sleep and attention. Then also review the function of the cerebral cortex.

felixomor:

Had consciousness been a product of neurons firing, by now many people in vegetative states could have been restored over the years, by medics simply triggering the neurons to fire.

Do you know how difficult it can be to make these neurons fire? e.g have you considered the technological limitations and the ethics involved?

felixomor:

So consciousness remains 'unseen and untrapped' or limited to any physiological mechanism.

Looks like we have a grown up unlike some babies here who keep throwing fits.

Consciousness is a process not a "thing" and it is limited to physical mechanisms.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God by felixomor: 5:10pm On Jul 22, 2016
thehomer:

This is of course false. Look up the reticular activating system. It is a cluster of neurones that are involved in wake, sleep and attention. Then also review the function of the cerebral cortex.

Do you know how difficult it can be to make these neurons fire? e.g have you considered the technological limitations and the ethics involved?

Consciousness is a process not a "thing" and it is limited to physical mechanisms.

The reticular activating system is not in charge of consciousness.
It was once thought to be.
Other parts of the brain that have also been thought to be behind consciousness include hypothalamus, pineal gland etc
But all have shown not to be the reason behind it.

I repeat, consciousness is yet to be limited to any physiological mechanism.

If it is so then some people wiill make the argument that plants and lower living things also have consciousness.
Please read this, its from a 2015 report of conference on the topic of consciousness by scientists and philosophers:

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2015/jan/21/-sp-why-cant-worlds-greatest-minds-solve-mystery-consciousness

The answer is still being highly sought.
Re: Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God by UyiIredia(m): 5:53pm On Jul 22, 2016
thehomer:

I didn't say they were the same. I said one caused the other.

Then if they are not the same why did you say consciousness was the physical process of neurons firing. And if you agree they are not the same why can't you see that as an effect of firing neurons consciousness is non-physical.

thehomer:

How did you make your inference? I know you have poor thinking abilities and I've shown it but this is just your childishness manifesting itself.

I have already told you how I made the inference. No need repeating myself to a dunce.

thehomer:

Please take an elementary course in biology because you clearly are out of your depth. Fitness has nothing to do with genes? This sort of ignorance while speaking on these issues is just mindboggling. Take the time to read the Wikipedia article you started quoting because it looks like you don't understand what was written in it.

The very second paragraph says:

Learn to read please.

I don't see where it says natural selection adds anything to the genome. Variation has everything to do with the genome. Natural selection no.

thehomer:

And I forgive you again little punk.

Forgive away you daft dolt.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God by oaroloye(m): 9:32pm On Jul 22, 2016
SHALOM! @UYIIREDIA:

I feel disappointed when someone says that they have "THE GREATEST" this or that- "...COME AND SEE-!!!"

Then, when you get there, you merely find some sophomoric babble that they think is so great, but which is really not so smart.

I wanted to see what garbage Atheists were being fed these days, so I bought the most expensive Biology textbook I could [BIOLOGY, by Sylvia Mader,] ans the author explained away ABIOGENESIS (life arising spontaneously from non-living matter,) by saying that whereas the odds against Amino Acids forming themselves were many millions to one against, the odds against, say, 1% of an Amino-Acid being formed spontaneously would be only 1% of the millions-to-one against. Once that happened, the odds against that 1% Amino Acid becoming 2% complete were "only" hundreds of thousands to one against.

The more complete this "prime-evil" Amino-Acid became, the greater the chances of it becoming fully-complete became, until the formation of the 250 Amino Acids needed to form the simplest living things, became INEVITABLE....

This is the sort of delusion that Atheists labour under- it sounds very clever, but in reality, it is stupid.

There is NO WAY that that can ever happen- and the proof of that, is that THOUSANDS OF MILLIONS of DOLLARS have been spent on EXPERIMENTS to PROVE ABIOGENESIS over the past hundred years, which have ALL FAILED.

If Abiogenesis WERE true, CONSCIOUSNESS would arise, because the most Conscious Organisms would have a distinct advantage over the non-living ones, so that they would eventually become dominant. That IS a REASONABLE argument, and saying that it is NOT will not make it go away.

However, the latest on EVOLUTION is that Atheistic Scientists are, like rats deserting a sinking ship, trying to divorce the idea of ABIOGENESIS from ATHEISM and EVOLUTION- because Science has PROVEN that they were LYING all along.

They NOW say, however, that they think Life MAY have come from OUTER SPACE ALIENS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgWl4OqAH6I

Their POSTER BOY, RICHARD DAWKINS says that Life POSSIBLY came from OUTER SPACE- because the argument that it arose spontaneously from the Earth is not tenable.

They are now saying that they have found "possibly life-sustaining planets" light-years from the Earth.

However, it is all a pack of lies- you really believe that PLANETS could POSSIBLY be detected at THAT range?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHwfVn4xZFY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpdBSrANbb4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8tIm-fxE_s

Re: Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jul 22, 2016
oaroloye Are U This Stupid Or What undecided I Don't Even Know Where To Start Educating U From
Re: Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God by thehomer: 10:57am On Jul 23, 2016
felixomor:

The reticular activating system is not in charge of consciousness.
It was once thought to be.
Other parts of the brain that have also been thought to be behind consciousness include hypothalamus, pineal gland etc
But all have shown not to be the reason behind it.

I repeat, consciousness is yet to be limited to any physiological mechanism.

If it is so then some people wiill make the argument that plants and lower living things also have consciousness.
Please read this, its from a 2015 report of conference on the topic of consciousness by scientists and philosophers:

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2015/jan/21/-sp-why-cant-worlds-greatest-minds-solve-mystery-consciousness

The answer is still being highly sought.

I never said the reticular activating system was in charge of it but it plays an important role.

Merely repeating your assertion doesn't make it true. Your consciousness is limited to the physiological mechanism of your body. No we don't have to argue that plants or ants have consciousness since they're not humans.

Which paragraph says your God has anythign to do with consciousness? The fact that scientists don't know something doesn't mean your God did it neither does it mean that they know nothign at all.
Re: Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God by thehomer: 11:14am On Jul 23, 2016
UyiIredia:

Then if they are not the same why did you say consciousness was the physical process of neurons firing. And if you agree they are not the same why can't you see that as an effect of firing neurons consciousness is non-physical.

Honestly you're a very stupid fellow. I said one is caused by the other you repeated that quote yet you're here saying something else? Are you demented?

UyiIredia:

I have already told you how I made the inference. No need repeating myself to a dunce.

You didn't you mentally unbalanced slowpoke. Don't you know how to make inferences?

UyiIredia:

I don't see where it says natural selection adds anything to the genome. Variation has everything to do with the genome. Natural selection no.

This is why I have to say you're a very stupid fellow who seems to have problems reading information from an encyclopaedia. You're clearly too stupid to be trained. Any human who can read and read just the introductory paragraphs of that article would have understood the relationship between natural selection and genes but you're just too moronically idiotic to do this.

The first line on the third paragraph says this:

Wikipedia:
Natural selection acts on the phenotype, or the observable characteristics of an organism, but the genetic (heritable) basis of any phenotype that gives a reproductive advantage may become more common in a population (see allele frequency).

But you can't seem to string a thought in your nematode like brain to arrive at sensible conclusions yet you want to overturn the theory of evolution? You're so stupidly and blissfully ignorant that you can't seem to take the initiative to read and realize that there are relationships between sentences within paragraphs and paragraphs in an article.

UyiIredia:

Forgive away you daft dolt.

I recognize that you're the pig that George Bernard Shaw warned against when he recommended against wrestling with pigs. Clearly you enjoy being an idiot and flinging faeces. I'm done kicking at your swinish being and will have to leave you now. When you grow up, you can interact with adults. Until then, enjoy rolling in your filth.
Re: Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God by felixomor: 11:20am On Jul 23, 2016
thehomer:

Consciousness is a process not a "thing" and it is limited to physical mechanisms

Please who made the statement above? And what does that statement mean? with "limited" highlighted?
Re: Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God by thehomer: 11:40am On Jul 23, 2016
felixomor:

Please who made the statement above? And what does that statement mean? with "limited" highlighted?

It means consciousness is not physical like the eye is but is a process like sight and consciousness is not magic.

1 Like

Re: Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God by felixomor: 11:59am On Jul 23, 2016
thehomer:

Let me give u benefit of doubt. Please explain the last sentence (highlighted again) and u just contradicted that last highlighted sentence again by saying "consciouness is not physical" in your last reply.
Re: Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God by UyiIredia(m): 12:12pm On Jul 23, 2016
thehomer:

Honestly you're a very stupid fellow. I said one is caused by the other you repeated that quote yet you're here saying something else? Are you demented?

You insult because you have no worthwhile points to make. Admit it already consciousness is non-physical.

thehomer:

This is why I have to say you're a very stupid fellow who seems to have problems reading information from an encyclopaedia. You're clearly too stupid to be trained. Any human who can read and read just the introductory paragraphs of that article would have understood the relationship between natural selection and genes but you're just too moronically idiotic to do this.

The first line on the third paragraph says this:

But you can't seem to string a thought in your nematode like brain to arrive at sensible conclusions yet you want to overturn the theory of evolution? You're so stupidly and blissfully ignorant that you can't seem to take the initiative to read and realize that there are relationships between sentences within paragraphs and paragraphs in an article.

That paragraph never said natural selection acts on the genes. Natural selection acts on the phenotypes alright but not the genes. So you're still the fool here.

thehomer:

I recognize that you're the pig that George Bernard Shaw warned against when he recommended against wrestling with pigs. Clearly you enjoy being an idiot and flinging faeces. I'm done kicking at your swinish being and will have to leave you now. When you grow up, you can interact with adults. Until then, enjoy rolling in your filth.

Are you done forgiving you mindless mörön ? Now run away with your tail between your legs you idiot.
Re: Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God by Owliver(m): 12:19pm On Jul 23, 2016
UyiIredia:

Okay. Since you insist consciousness is physical what are its physical properties.
so anything that's not physically automatically becomes spiritual? ever heard of the word abstract? are you kidding me. so madness is spiritual? sleeping is spiritual? thinking is spiritual? Choi you be Olodo grin

1 Like

Re: Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God by Owliver(m): 12:27pm On Jul 23, 2016
thehomer:

It means consciousness is not physical like the eye is but is a process like sight and consciousness is not magic.
consciousness is an abstract state(noun) like saying someone is mad. he's termed mad because his brain(physical) functions differently from accepted "normalcy" now would you say madness is spiritual? Choi una no go kill person.
Re: Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God by thehomer: 3:51pm On Jul 23, 2016
felixomor:

Let me give u benefit of doubt. Please explain the last sentence (highlighted again) and u just contradicted that last highlighted sentence again by saying "consciouness is not physical" in your last reply.

Read my entire sentence and explain the contradiction. I said it isn't a physical object, but a physical process. What exactly is the contratiction? And what do you think consciousness is?

1 Like

Re: Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God by thehomer: 3:54pm On Jul 23, 2016
Owliver:
consciousness is an abstract state(noun) like saying someone is mad. he's termed mad because his brain(physical) functions differently from accepted "normalcy" now would you say madness is spiritual? Choi una no go kill person.

Someone being mentally ill isn't an abstraction.
Re: Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God by Kay17: 3:56pm On Jul 23, 2016
Uyi's point and the nail is trying to drive, is that Consciousness being non physical should consequently have a non physical cause. While thehomer points to the physical cause of consciousness -- firing neurons as the physical cause to which Uyi partly conceded to.

Uyi has to make up his mind which part of thehomer argument he disagrees with.
Re: Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God by felixomor: 4:00pm On Jul 23, 2016
thehomer:

Read my entire sentence and explain the contradiction. I said it isn't a physical object, but a physical process. What exactly is the contratiction? And what do you think consciousness is?

Other people have even noticed the contradiction.
U are clearly running away from the sentence u urself wrote: "It is limited to physical processes"

If u cant explain that sentence especially considering the fact that you used "limited".

Is it that u dont know what "limited" means before u used the word?
Re: Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God by thehomer: 6:28pm On Jul 23, 2016
felixomor:

Other people have even noticed the contradiction.

Who else has stated the noted "contradiction"?

felixomor:

U are clearly running away from the sentence u urself wrote: "It is limited to physical processes"

If u cant explain that sentence especially considering the fact that you used "limited".

Is it that u dont know what "limited" means before u used the word?

What more is there to explain? What do you understand by what I've said? I've already expanded on it so what exactly has you so confused? What do you think consciousness is?
Re: Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God by felixomor: 7:41pm On Jul 23, 2016
thehomer:

Who else has stated the noted "contradiction"?

What more is there to explain? What do you understand by what I've said? I've already expanded on it so what exactly has you so confused? What do you think consciousness is?

"it is limited to physical processes"

Then in another post "It is not a physical process".

Chei, what else will I say again?
How else can i Show contradiction again?

It is well.
Re: Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God by hopefulLandlord: 8:04pm On Jul 23, 2016
Owliver:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God by AgentOfAllah: 7:48am On Jul 24, 2016
felixomor:

It is well.

Process: A series of things working holistically in pursuit of a certain end

Physical Process: The mechanical/chemical/biological operations of a series of things made of fundamental particles (or waves, if you like) to achieve a certain goal. e.g. Auto fanning of heated CPUs, Chemical reactions, walking to the bathroom.

Non-physical process: The operations of things that are not made of fundamental particles (or waves) to achieve a certain goal. E.g. Execution of computer games, thinking, dreaming, CPUs presenting solutions to PDEs.

The question then is; is it possible for something to not, it self, be a physical process, yet be limited to (i.e. constrained by) physical processes?

Absolutely! Interaction between virtual characters in PC games is non-physical, as no fundamental particles feature in the the forms/appearances or characteristics of the said characters. Yet, for you to perceive these characters, you need physical processes like an electricity powered monitor with speakers connected to a PC/game console which can run the storage medium within which these characters exist.

In light of the foregoing, I can say interaction of characters in PC games is not a physical process, and I can as well say interaction of characters in PC games is limited to physical processes (i.e. Running CPUs) , without fear of contradiction. Hope you can now see why you shouldn't claim those statements are contradictory.
Re: Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God by felixomor: 8:25am On Jul 24, 2016
AgentOfAllah:

Process: A series of things working holistically in pursuit of a certain end

Physical Process: The mechanical/chemical/biological operations of a series of things made of fundamental particles (or waves, if you like) to achieve a certain goal. e.g. Auto fanning of heated CPUs, Chemical reactions, walking to the bathroom.

Non-physical process: The operations of things that are not made of fundamental particles (or waves) to achieve a certain goal. E.g. Execution of computer games, thinking, dreaming, CPUs presenting solutions to PDEs.

The question then is; is it possible for something to not, it self, be a physical process, yet be limited to (i.e. constrained by) physical processes?

Absolutely! Interaction between virtual characters in PC games is non-physical, as no fundamental particles feature in the the forms/appearances or characteristics of the said characters. Yet, for you to perceive these characters, you need physical processes like an electricity powered monitor with speakers connected to a PC/game console which can run the storage medium within which these characters exist.

In light of the foregoing, I can say interaction of characters in PC games is not a physical process, and I can as well say interaction of characters in PC games is limited to physical processes (i.e. Running CPUs) , without fear of contradiction. Hope you can now see why you shouldn't claim those statements are contradictory.

Fantastic logical argument. No doubt.

But for a little twist: You can use the PC game as an example for "Limited to physical processes" because it has an "off and on" button.
So when u use "limited" which also implies "resides within or trapped within" for the consciousness, then the scientist or the doctor will argue and ask where is the On and Off button for consciousness?

Afterall, if consciousness was limited to any organ or mechanism, Medics will just simply "Switch the on button" (As done for the PC game), by stimulating the "consciouness centre of the brain" for those patients they are trying to bring back from unconsciousness to consciousness. It will prevent many deaths and revive many patients who are currently on life support machines.

But thats not the case.
Re: Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God by thehomer: 9:52am On Jul 24, 2016
felixomor:

Where did I say consciousness was not a physical process? That is the direct opposite of what I said here. Whenever you directly quote what I've said, please link to where I said it.

felixomor:

It is well.

You can begin by first actually reading what I've written, then quoting it properly in context then you can show me the contradiction. It will be well when you can actually address what I've said. What do you think consciousness is?
Re: Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God by AgentOfAllah: 10:08am On Jul 24, 2016
felixomor:

Fantastic logical argument. No doubt.
Thanks.

But for a little twist: You can use the PC game as an example for "Limited to physical processes" because it has an "off and on" button.
So when u use "limited" which also implies "resides within or trapped within" for the consciousness, then the scientist or the doctor will argue and ask where is the On and Off button for consciousness?

Afterall, if consciousness was limited to any organ or mechanism, Medics will just simply "Switch the on button" (As done for the PC game), by stimulating the "consciouness centre of the brain" for those patients they are trying to bring back from unconsciousness to consciousness. It will prevent many deaths and revive many patients who are currently on life support machines.

But thats not the case.

I don't think there is any justification in reducing physical processes to "on/off" switches. There are many physical processes, that, once set in motion, cannot simply be "switched off", as it were. E.g. Nuclear bombs. Presently, another example of physical processes that cannot just be switched off at will is HIV/AIDS, in spite of how hard medics and scientists have tried.

Now consider this: Given that we have a panoply of real world examples of physical/non-physical processes; and it is clear that non-physical processes always depend on physical ones to function, the enormity of your challenge is thus, to show by falsifiable example/argument that there is a non-physical process that can function independently of physical ones. Feel free to use any tool or analogy at your disposal. This is the only way you can demonstrate the possibility of consciousness not being "limited" to physical processes.
Re: Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God by Zellie: 9:12pm On Sep 05, 2016
HardMirror:

Wrong.
There is no consciousness without self awareness.

It makes more sense that a self evolved organism would be self aware than a designed organism.

Consciousness is as simple as feeling hungry, you feel hungry and you are conscious of it. What makes you know you are hungry? They are called the hunger hormones leptin and ghrelin are responsible for triggering hunger. This means even if you are not hungry and this hormones are artificially injected into you, you can deceive your consciousness into thinking you are hungry.

What makes you happy? Hormones
What makes you feel sexual urges? Hormones

Interaction of different hormones with our brains are responsible for our day to day consciousnesses.

Our striving for survival prompts curiosity about our environment, man has evolved enough to absorb, investigate and understand his environment than other animals. This does not in any way make other animals less conscious of themselves.

Again, it is more plausible for an organism to be self conscious (without which there can't be survival of the fittest (evolution)) than a designed organism to be conscious. If your mobile phone evolved by itself, it would be conscious, if your car evolved, it would be conscious, else how would it have survived on it's own.

So consciousness actually supports evolution, it in no way invalidate evolution. And it in no way validates God.
Loved this reply so much I had to quote it.
Re: Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God by Endowed595(m): 7:34pm On Sep 11, 2016
vincentico:

science says otherwise

if there truly were a God why does every fact and figure in contrast with the idea

why would He leave so much evidence for man to question his existence
has it never occured that there could be an anti God(the devil) trying to disprove the existence of God. Like Joker trying to mess Batman's city up.
Re: Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God by oaroloye(m): 4:59am On Jan 22, 2017
SHALOM!

UyiIredia:
It's actually one of the arguments I posted earlier on this thread

Now if atheists are right then there should be no consciousness at all. In a purely physical world consciousness would be the anathema, something strange. But there is consciousness and therefore the atheist is not correct. Consciousness being immaterial cannot be explained by physical means.

Consciousness is not an argument for the Existence of God at all let alone "powerful."

It did not evolve since evolution applies to physical beings.

This s a false argument.

First of all, there is no such thing as "Evolution."

Secondly, if there were Evolution, of course it would have to apply to Consciousness, as organisms became more and more complex and sophisticated.

It does not spontaenously emerge because emergence typically deals with how complex PHYSICAL systems arise from simpler precursors.

What do you even mean by "emergence?"

What made you decide that evolving consciousness was not responsible for evolving physical structure?

Atheism being materialistic in nature has nothing to offer to explain mental awareness.

I would be highly surprised to discover that you consulted a single Atheistic Source to come to that conclusion.

If organisms evolved, were all of them "unconscious?"

Every living organism shows signs of consciousness.

But the theist believing in an eternal conscious God has a means to explain consciousness. And that my friends wraps up my argument.

Cc thehomer Seun cloudgoddess Blaqsmith dalaman ichommy HardMirror johnydon22 onetrack joseph1013 Kay17 plaetton Davien ValentineMary lepasharon reallest freecocoa K9blunt Amusaopeyemi

This is a crushing disappointment.

This is your "MOST POWERFUL ARGUMENT FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD?"

This is a disgrace!

1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? / Why Do We Pray With Candle? / The Air Force Will Now Allow Airmen To Omit ‘so Help Me God’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.