Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,776 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God (24844 Views)

Is It Only Africans That Believe In The Existence Of Ghosts And Witches? / The Best Argument For The Existence Of GOD / Do You Actually Believe In The Existence Of Witches And Wizards? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jul 11, 2016
CoolUsername:

Human embryos develop gill slits which are then quickly reabsorbed before birth. In fish, these gill slits develop into gills.

Reading about tetrapods would help you put things into perspective. There are fish today which have lungs for breathing. Fossil record shows that gills predate lungs. Tetrapods made the transition from water to land.

There are several but I know better than to waste my time trying to reason with you.

Since you are trying so hard to drag us back to evolution which consciousness has quashed ler me indulge you.

Assuming human embryos have gill like slits which disappear as they develop and fish today still retained their gills and are doing so well surviving with them how come we did not retain the same gills if there is no problem breathing with them?

Now if you say gills are for water and lungs for land, and there are fishes who utilize lungs to breathe just like us humans do. Do those same fish live on land or water?
Re: Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jul 11, 2016
Coolusername your evolutionists claim that at some point fish jumped out of water and began to develop lungs. Lmao

How come lungfish die when on land for too long afterall they have lungs same with humans.

How come every fish that has ever mistakenly jumped out of water unto land has died. There has bee absolutely no fluke survivor.

Even in randomness the whole thing is ridiculous.
Re: Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God by CoolUsername: 6:19pm On Jul 11, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

More putative ancestors used as evidence grin .

It just also happens that these ancestors fit nicely into the fossil record with every individual in it's correct rock stratum.

Also, you just happened to completely not see the embryology I used as evidence here.
Re: Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jul 11, 2016
4everGod:

Your mumu is raised to power infinity. I asked you why a computer does not become conscious when you insert its cpu into it? Since you want to liken consciousness to a computers cpu.

Education ought to have taught you that you can only liken a thing to another exact same thing and not one way different. This way you can drive your point home. In other words both comparisons must MATCH!

OLODO
Do U Realize U Are Not Making Any Sense?? I Cannot Start Explaining To U The Function Of A CPU!! Cause Even A Kid Knows That
Re: Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God by CoolUsername: 6:21pm On Jul 11, 2016
4everGod:

Oh so man and fish share a common ancestor that existed long ago? Riiiight!

And they say Christians are insane. Smh

So bro if man and fish share a common ancestor have you met this ancestor? And if man and fish shared this elusive ancestor was this evolutionary change programmed to cease at a certain point?

I ask this because I see no further change in fishes or man today especially since we initially kept evolving till date so where is your proof of this common ancestor? Is it the virus? Or is it something more chaotic?

Nobody has met the common ancestor but careful and objective inference has given us evidence of our shared ancestor. For example human embryos till this day grow gill slits, in fish these would eventually develop into gills but in humans, they are quickly reabsorbed. That's one that I can say off the bat. You can read up if you're interested.

And no. Evolution doesn't stop. It continues to occur almost imperceptibly over the course of several generations. For example, millennia ago, man couldn't digest cow's milk but a genetic mutation made out possible. You should read that up of you're interested. In fact, not everyone has the ability to digest milk.
Re: Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jul 11, 2016
CoolUsername:

Nobody has met the common ancestor but careful and objective inference has given us evidence of our shared ancestor. For example human embryos till this day grow gill slits, in fish these would eventually develop into gills but in humans, they are quickly reabsorbed. That's one that I can say off the bat. You can read up if you're interested.

And no. Evolution doesn't stop. It continues to occur almost imperceptibly over the course of several generations. For example, millennia ago, man couldn't digest cow's milk but a genetic mutation made out possible. You should read that up of you're interested. In fact, not everyone has the ability to digest milk.

So now milk has joined the evolutionary trend. Hahahaha. These people sha
Re: Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jul 11, 2016
CoolUsername:

Are you one of those who cannot absorb milk? Lol. If that was even true that some suddenly gained the ability to absorb milk and some dont have it would that not prove evolution silly by giving women milk producing breasts?
Re: Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jul 11, 2016
Lilbrown007:

Do U Realize U Are Not Making Any Sense?? I Cannot Start Explaining To U The Function Of A CPU!! Cause Even A Kid Knows That

As for you stop quoting me because you cannot force me to come down to your level of ignorance and childish postulation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God by KingEbukaNaija: 6:35pm On Jul 11, 2016
CoolUsername:

It just also happens that these ancestors fit nicely into the fossil record with every individual in it's correct rock stratum.

Also, you just happened to completely not see the embryology I used as evidence here.

Any rebuttal for this http://www.godandscience.org/evolution/first_tetrapod.html

Am an old earth creationist and I do believe most so called transitional fossils are not evidences of evolution . Eg the sea lion's fin , if that animal existed long ago they would associated it with birds as part of their ancestors .
Re: Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God by CoolUsername: 6:36pm On Jul 11, 2016
4everGod:
Coolusername your evolutionists claim that at some point fish jumped out of water and began to develop lungs. Lmao

How come lungfish die when on land for too long afterall they have lungs same with humans.

How come every fish that has ever mistakenly jumped out of water unto land has died. There has bee absolutely no fluke survivor.

Even in randomness the whole thing is ridiculous.

No. Lungfish didn't jump out of water, rather their ancestors were part of the gradual transition from water to land.

Catfish can survive out of water for a short while (still longer than sardines for example), lungfish and hagfish can survive for a longer time. Other now extinct species seemed even better suited for land locomotion. Amphibians can survive both in water and on land (although usually are better suited to one of them) and so on. Evolution is a very gradual process.

You need to read up on it to have any serious conversation, really. You've made a lot of ignorant statements in this debate.
Re: Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God by KingEbukaNaija: 6:48pm On Jul 11, 2016
CoolUsername:

No , adult man can't still digest milk because of the loss of the milk digestive enzyme they had through out their childhood .
Re: Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God by BlackIsLife: 6:53pm On Jul 11, 2016
I challenged all the christians on this forum to prove how christianity/religion beget science but no one was able to come up with any valid or invalid point. I also stated that all the early scientist were NON-BELIEVERS - no one was able to disprove this too - why do christians now makes erroneous conclusion that christianity beget science? - it's absolute foolishness.

Christianity didn't beget science - athiesm didn't beget science.

NECESSITY IS THE MOTHER OF SCIENCE!!!
Re: Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God by KingEbukaNaija: 6:59pm On Jul 11, 2016
BlackIsLife:
I challenged all the christians on this forum to prove how christianity/religion beget science but no one was able to come up with any valid or invalid point. I also stated that all the early scientist were NON-BELIEVERS - no one was able to disprove this too - why do christians now makes erroneous conclusion that christianity beget science? - it's absolute foolishness.

Christianity didn't beget science - athiesm didn't beget science.

NECESSITY IS THE MOTHER OF SCIENCE!!!

This guy sef ! I told you that modern science in the real sense of what it is started in the Muslim world and that Atheists were more concerned with philosophy and political theories . Atheism has nothing to do with science . It's being religion .
Re: Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God by CoolUsername: 6:59pm On Jul 11, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Any rebuttal for this http://www.godandscience.org/evolution/first_tetrapod.html

The trace fossil tracks unfortunately, fail to give us enough information. They could simply a failed specie that couldn't survive. Inadequate information makes it hard to say anything definitive about it. But it is something to think about. Just not enough to disprove anything.

KingEbukaNaija:

Am an old earth creationist and I do believe most so called transitional fossils are not evidences of evolution . Eg the sea lion's fin , if that animal existed long ago they would associated it with birds as part of their ancestors .

The sees lion is a mammalian animal. It's skeleton is different and is doesn't even have a wishbone. It didn't exist long ago because it's not a party of the evolutionary timeline.

1 Like

Re: Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God by BlackIsLife: 7:05pm On Jul 11, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

This guy sef ! I told you that modern science in the real sense of what it is started in the Muslim world and that Atheists were more concerned with philosophy and political theories . Atheism has nothing to do with science . It's being religion .

Who were the muslim scientist? they don't have name or is this just an assumption from you? so it ain't christian scientist anymore?
Re: Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God by KingEbukaNaija: 7:10pm On Jul 11, 2016
BlackIsLife:

Who were the muslim scientist? they don't have name or is this just an assumption from you? so it ain't christian scientist anymore?

I always say that Christians played a massive part in the progress of science after its nascence . The word "scientist" only came into use first in 1833 while the Muslims started it 800 to 900 years before that time . So there is no such as who is the muslim scientist who started it since science began between the 10 th and 11 th century . You get ?
Re: Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jul 11, 2016
CoolUsername:

No. Lungfish didn't jump out of water, rather their ancestors were part of the gradual transition from water to land.

Catfish can survive out of water for a short while (still longer than sardines for example), lungfish and hagfish can survive for a longer time. Other now extinct species seemed even better suited for land locomotion. Amphibians can survive both in water and on land (although usually are better suited to one of them) and so on. Evolution is a very gradual process.

You need to read up on it to have any serious conversation, really. You've made a lot of ignorant statements in this debate.

I was an information freak when young so read up on evolution and all that just to keep myself busy so its not news to me.

So let me feed you with some information if you would kindly read.

The Theory of Evolution will never become a law of science because it is wrought with errors. This is why it is still called a theory, instead of a law. The process of natural selection is not an evolutionary process.

The DNA in plants and animals allows selective breeding to achieve desired results. Dogs are a good example of selective breeding. The DNA in all dogs has many recessive traits.

A desired trait can be produced in dogs by selecting dogs with a particular trait to produce offspring with that trait. This specialized selective breeding can continue for generation after generation until a breed of dog is developed. This is the same as the "survival of the fittest" theory of the evolutionists.

Many different types of dogs can be developed this way, but they can never develop a cat by selectively breeding dogs. Natural selection can never extend outside of the DNA limit. DNA cannot be changed into a new species by natural selection. The same process of selective breeding is done with flowers, fruits, and vegetables.

New variations of the species are possible, but a new species has never been developed by science. In fact, the most modern laboratories are unable to produce a left-hand protein as found in humans and animals. Evolutionist fail to admit that no species has ever been proven to have evolved in any way. Evolution is simply pie-in-the-sky conjecture without scientific proof.

If natural selection were true, Eskimos would have fur to keep warm, but they don't. They are just as hairless as everyone else. If natural selection were true, humans in the tropics would have silver, reflective skin to help them keep cool, but they don't. They have black skin, just the opposite of what the theory of natural selection would predict.

If natural selection were true humans at northern latitudes would have black skin, but they have white skin instead, except the Eskimos who have skin that is halfway between white and black. The people from Russia and the Nordic countries have white skin, blood hair and blue eyes. This is the opposite of what one would predict if natural selection controlled skin color.

Many evolutionists argue that melanin is a natural sunscreen that evolved in a greater amount to protect dark-skinned people who live near the Equator. They simply ignore the fact that dark-skinned Eskimos live north of the Arctic Circle.

Melanin in the skin is not a sound argument in favor of evolution. Dark-skinned people have always lived near the Equator, not white-skinned people, even though the dark skin is more uncomfortable in the hot, sunny climate.

Black skin absorbs the heat from the sun's rays more than white skin. Humans show no sign of natural selection based on the environment. The theory of natural selection is wrong because it cannot create something in the DNA that wasn't there in the beginning.

Animals like bears, tigers, lions, and zebras living near the equator have heavy fur while humans living north of the Artic Circle have bare skin. A leopard from the jungle near the equator has fur like the snow leopard of the Himalayas.

The snow leopard grows thicker hair but the jungle leopard would also if moved to a cold climate. Horses and dogs grow a heavy winter coat in colder climates. Natural selection isn't working as falsely claimed by Charles Darwin.
The cheetah in Africa is an example of an animal in the cat family with very limited variety in the DNA. Each cheetah looks like an identical twin. The cheetah DNA is so identical that the skin from one cheetah can be grafted into another cheetah without any rejection by the body.

Evolution is a theory developed one hundred and forty years ago by Charles Darwin (N/A actually by his grandfather in 1794 - before Charles was even born), before science had the evidence available to prove the theory false.

His famous book, On the Origin of Species by Means of Natural Selection, has a title that is now known to be scientifically false. New species cannot evolve by natural selection. Modern scientific discoveries are proving evolution to be impossible. No new scientific discoveries have been found to support the Theory of Evolution.

Life did not start with a bolt of lightning striking a pond of water as claimed by the main stream scientists.

Kids are taught that life can evolve given enough time. This is a false statement without any scientific support.

They are taught that if given enough time, a monkey at a typewriter could punch keys at random and eventually type President's Abraham Lincoln Gettysburg Address. This is nonsense.

[b]Time does not make impossible things possible. As an example, a computer was programmed in an attempt to arrive at the simple 26-letter alphabet. After 35,000,000,000,000 (35 trillion) attempts it has only arrived at 14 letters correctly.

What are the odds that a simple single cell organism could evolve given the complexity of more than 60,000 proteins of 100 different configurations all in the correct places? Never in eternity! Time does not make impossible things possible.

HERE IS THE JUICY PART.

The Coelacanth fish was touted to be a transitional form with half-formed legs and primitive lungs, ready to transition onto land. This myth was exploded in December, 1938 when a live Coelacanth was caught in a fisherman's net off the eastern coast of South Africa. It is now known that the natives of the Comoro Islands had been catching and eating the fish for years.

It did not have half-formed legs or primitive lungs. It was simply a regular fish that people thought was extinct. Evolutionist claimed the 350 million-year-old Coelacanth evolved into animals with legs, feet, and lungs.

This not the case. We now see that the fish recently caught is exactly like the 350 million-year-old fossil. It did not evolve at all.

The Coelacanth is a star witness against the false theory of evolution. After 350 million years, the fish still doesn't have a leg to stand on.[/b]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God by CoolUsername: 7:27pm On Jul 11, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

No , adult man can't still digest milk because of the loss of the milk digestive enzyme they had through out their childhood .

The hell? 35% of the earth's population can.
Re: Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jul 11, 2016
CoolUsername:

Show me your statistical proof.
Re: Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jul 11, 2016
CoolUsername:

All men can digest milk. What they cannot digest is the lactose content. Get your facts right.
Re: Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jul 11, 2016
atheism loading.........78 percentage.
Re: Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God by BlackIsLife: 7:55pm On Jul 11, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

I always say that Christians played a massive part in the progress of science after its nascence . The word "scientist" only came into use first in 1833 while the Muslims started it 800 to 900 years before that time . So there is no such as who is the muslim scientist who started it since science began between the 10 th and 11 th century . You get ?

You mean 10th and 11th C.E or B.C.E?
Re: Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God by KingEbukaNaija: 8:22pm On Jul 11, 2016
Vicoch:

Why would anyone choose the path of foolishness
Re: Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God by KingEbukaNaija: 8:24pm On Jul 11, 2016
BlackIsLife:

You mean 10th and 11th C.E or B.C.E?

10th and 11th CE - I clearly said 800 to 900 years before 1833
Re: Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jul 11, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Why would anyone choose the path of foolishness

Define Foolishness, because i see the foolishness in you, i am still having doubts in our existence that's the reason why i am still not fully an atheist, but when i am done with my research then i will know the truth, because i have been calling upon this God

and he seems to be non-existence, like seriously interacting with wise people here made me realise that i am just living a life like i am compelled to, you should not put yourself in bondage with what you are not sure of, until this "God" starts healing the blind, dumb, deaf among many others before i can accept or not...
Ever since i was a Christian, i would often fast and ask "God" for what i desire...., but all has been silent!

P.s : this is not frustration, when i see how people fast and pray asking this "God" particularly for a thing without results i cry within me...
I noticed that i always lived in constant fear and had minor psychological problem all because of religion, i was always telling my mind that i will be punished because i sinned.

I once attended a crusade just to cure a "bad habit" i always indulged in, at the end i convinced myself i was free....Few weeks later i found my self repeating the same sin, wait before you judge, i really wanted to stop this sin,
but the fact is that these "miracles don't work!"
they are not real!
Until i see real miracles then i might accept this God.
You should only believe in what has fully convinced you.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God by BlackIsLife: 10:12pm On Jul 11, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

10th and 11th CE - I clearly said 800 to 900 years before 1833

You are unwittingly wrong!

Science began in the BCE around the 2nd century - do you know anything about physics? if yes, then, you should know Archimedes Of Syracuse ( 287 - 212 BCE) - he propounded the famous "law of Archimedes" - he invented war machines - he invented hydraulic pump etc

Eratosthenes of cyrene (275 - 192 BCE)

Aristarchus of samos (310 - 230 BCE)

Democritus of Abdera - was one of the first scientist to proposed that matter was made up of atoms

Thales of Miletus - he was one of the first scientist to give rational explanation of rational phenomenon - is idea to look for deeper cause was the true beginning of science & philosophy.

Aristotle of Stagira (384 - 322) - He is one of the founder of modern science,
ETC.

Science has long being in existence before jesus was born - science is in no way related to religion.

LIFE NECESSITIES BEGET SCIENCE!!!
Re: Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God by KingEbukaNaija: 10:14pm On Jul 11, 2016
Vicoch:

Define Foolishness, because i see the foolishness in you, i am still having doubts in our existence that's the reason why i am still not fully an atheist, but when i am done with my research then i will know the truth, because i have been calling upon this God

and he seems to be non-existence, like seriously interacting with wise people here made me realise that i am just living a life like i am compelled to, you should not put yourself in bondage with what you are not sure of, until this "God" starts healing the blind, dumb, deaf among many others before i can accept or not...
Ever since i was a Christian, i would often fast and ask "God" for what i desire...., but all has been silent!

P.s : this is not frustration, when i see how people fast and pray asking this "God" particularly for a thing without results i cry within me...
I noticed that i always lived in constant fear and had minor psychological problem all because of religion, i was always telling my mind that i will be punished because i sinned.

I once attended a crusade just to cure a "bad habit" i always indulged in, at the end i convinced myself i was free....Few weeks later i found my self repeating the same sin, wait before you judge, i really wanted to stop this sin,
but the fact is that these "miracles don't work!"
they are not real!
Until i see real miracles then i might accept this God.
You should only believe in what has fully convinced you.

Visit the Lord's Chosen if you want miracles from God .
Re: Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God by BlackIsLife: 10:23pm On Jul 11, 2016
Vicoch:

Welcome to the path of light - searching for god or waiting for a miracle to happen, is like searching for a money you never lost - i wish you well as you continue this journey of self-freedom from what you have been indoctrinated with from childhood
Re: Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jul 11, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Visit the Lord's Chosen if you want miracles from God .

You see! Bleeping Foolishness, you are advertising now..

...Does it mean that other churches are not able to perform miracles , only lord's chosen that performs miracle

I remember a recent accident that happened to RCF FUTA students, going for s program in ibadan, that all died in the accident.
A very religious friend of mine told me that "God took them"

My point is: Can this God we call God of Love be really cruel to have killed them all in the accident If really he is a loving father......

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God by KingEbukaNaija: 10:45pm On Jul 11, 2016
Vicoch:

You see! Bleeping Foolishness, you are advertising now..

...Does it mean that other churches are not able to perform miracles , only lord's chosen that performs miracle

I remember a recent accident that happened to RCF FUTA students, going for s program in ibadan, that all died in the accident.
A very religious friend of mine told me that "God took them"

My point is: Can this God we call God of Love be really cruel to have killed them all in the accident If really he is a loving father......

If you want to see miracles visit the Lord's Chosen and stop being querulous . If you don't want to heed to the advice , don't mention me and become an atheist . Its your life , your choice but when the bad consequence comes knocking , just remember you had to chance to choose but you rejected it .
Re: Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God by KingEbukaNaija: 11:00pm On Jul 11, 2016
BlackIsLife:

You are unwittingly wrong!

Science began in the BCE around the 2nd century - do you know anything about physics? if yes, then, you should know Archimedes Of Syracuse ( 287 - 212 BCE) - he propounded the famous "law of Archimedes" - he invented war machines - he invented hydraulic pump etc

Eratosthenes of cyrene (275 - 192 BCE)

Aristarchus of samos (310 - 230 BCE)

Democritus of Abdera - was one of the first scientist to proposed that matter was made up of atoms

Thales of Miletus - he was one of the first scientist to give rational explanation of rational phenomenon - is idea to look for deeper cause was the true beginning of science & philosophy.

Aristotle of Stagira (384 - 322) - He is one of the founder of modern science,
ETC.

Science has long being in existence before jesus was born - science is in no way related to religion.

LIFE NECESSITIES BEGET SCIENCE!!!

Ok I admit I was wrong . I was referring to modern science . First time I'm being outwitted by an atheist after my reinvention . Wow !
Re: Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God by BlackIsLife: 11:05pm On Jul 11, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Ok I admit I was wrong . I was referring to modern science . First time I'm being outwitted by an atheist after my reinvention . Wow !

Good - atleast you gained something from the convo

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Igbo Names Of THE ALMIGHTY GOD / Honour God With Your Substance - Pastor Adeboye / Why Do Many Sisters Want To Marry Pastors?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.